The rise and fall of The SNP.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Joanna Cherry would be my choice...

I don’t know much about her. Maybe from an independence point of view it wouldn’t be a bad thing for the campaign if Sturgeon disappeared. She’s dislikeable and there’s a definite ‘I hate the English’ tinge to her. A fresh voice might do the Indy campaign a favour 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

This doesn’t make any sense to me. If sturgeon and Salmond destroy each other, which is looking increasingly likely, who can lead and drive the Indy movement like either of them? There are no other Scottish politicians with that kind of juice. If sturgeon goes, that’s the end of the Indy push for a while I think. 

Indy has grown beyond the SNP and will not be stopped by damage to the SNP. Leadership will be a problem if Sturgeon goes though but surely Indy is about more than that. I agree though there's not much new talent coming through their academy. 

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t know much about her. Maybe from an independence point of view it wouldn’t be a bad thing for the campaign if Sturgeon disappeared. She’s dislikeable and there’s a definite ‘I hate the English’ tinge to her. A fresh voice might do the Indy campaign a favour 

Her mum is English.
Its one of those extremely lazy assertions. 
I do agree her shelf life is about up though. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Her mum is English.

“How can I hate women? My mum’s one.”

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Genuine question - if Sturgeon goes, and that will happen, who replaces her as SNP leader? Who is up to it?

Angus Robertson or Joanna Cherry would be my guess. 

4 hours ago, coconut doug said:

He's not railing against trans folk. He hasn't had a twitter account for a long time. He has managed to galvanise many in the SNP and that has resulted in the NEC now having a more representative composition. He is railing against proposed legislation which would see the erosion of women's rights and has many women on his side. You should look at the detail of what he says rather than call him unhinged because of what others say on twitter.

He has been telling us for at least two years that Sturgeon and many of the salaried SNP were happy with where they are and not really interested in change, especially if that involved independence. A great many, and growing number of indy supporters now agree. 

He has also told us for almost the same length of time that Sturgeon had broken the ministerial code and would have to resign as a result. 

Campbell does not come across as a "nice" person but that's not his job. His analysis on events is usually superb because he doesn't care who he offends and is in hock to nobody. 

If you want to know where this is going next then check out the blog and in particular the foi requests and responses such as they are. IMO Sturgeon has been railroaded by the civil service and the justiciary but you will have to wait for her book to be sure, unless Campbell gets there first.

I followed him for a bit on Twitter but his posting style was too caustic for my taste. It was fine when I first read him as a games reviewer in Amiga Power where he was pretty funny, but just not my style on politics.

Final straw were his views on Hillsborough and I decided that I had better things to do than follow someone I considered to be a prick.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Indy has grown beyond the SNP and will not be stopped by damage to the SNP. Leadership will be a problem if Sturgeon goes though but surely Indy is about more than that.

Agreed. 

Do you think Humza has is eyes on the top job?

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Indy has grown beyond the SNP and will not be stopped by damage to the SNP. Leadership will be a problem if Sturgeon goes though but surely Indy is about more than that. I agree though there's not much new talent coming through their academy. 

She is the de facto leader of the Indy movement, SNP or no SNP. Various Indy supporting factions out there and it seems like herding cats to get them all on a single page. Strong leadership required so if she goes who would be able to “unite the clans” ?

coconut doug
44 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I followed him for a bit on Twitter but his posting style was too caustic for my taste. It was fine when I first read him as a games reviewer in Amiga Power where he was pretty funny, but just not my style on politics.

Final straw were his views on Hillsborough and I decided that I had better things to do than follow someone I considered to be a prick.

Caustic is a good word to describe him. His views on Hillsborough were misrepresented by the Scotsman for which he received a five figure payment. For all his obvious shortcomings he has an excellent forensic mind.

coconut doug
38 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

She is the de facto leader of the Indy movement, SNP or no SNP. Various Indy supporting factions out there and it seems like herding cats to get them all on a single page. Strong leadership required so if she goes who would be able to “unite the clans” ?

There is no obvious successor. Indy supporting factions would unite around Indy though but obviously we would still need some credible form of administration. It's a very low bar when compared to what the UK has now.

36 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

There is no obvious successor. Indy supporting factions would unite around Indy though but obviously we would still need some credible form of administration. It's a very low bar when compared to what the UK has now.

Would Mhari Black fancy the gig?

47 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Caustic is a good word to describe him. His views on Hillsborough were misrepresented by the Scotsman for which he received a five figure payment. For all his obvious shortcomings he has an excellent forensic mind.

Didn't know that about the Scotsman. Having read his blog on it though, can't sympathise with him though. He is good on some issues I agree but personally don't think his style helps him get that across to as many people as it might.

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Her mum is English.

Her husband is English too 🤣

57 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Her husband is English too 🤣

Not that it matters, but neither her mum or husband are English.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Not that it matters, but neither her mum or husband are English.

Get outta this thread with your facts!! 🤪

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Get outta this thread with your facts!! 🤪

Hate to burst your bubble mate, Stephane Adam is right up for Scottish independence 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Hate to burst your bubble mate, Stephane Adam is right up for Scottish independence 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡

Unlike you I don’t hold any ill will to those on any side of the debate. Adam is and will always be a legend. 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Unlike you I don’t hold any ill will to those on any side of the debate. Adam is and will always be a legend. 

He doesn’t like narrow minded Unionists like you, trust me. Name change would be appropriate 

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Her mum is English.

Joan isn't English. Robin (her father) on the other hand...

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

He doesn’t like narrow minded Unionists like you, trust me. Name change would be appropriate 

🤣🤣🤣

jack D and coke
52 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Joan isn't English. Robin (her father) on the other hand...

She clearly hates her dad then apparently🤷🏽‍♂️😄

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

She clearly hates her dad then apparently🤷🏽‍♂️😄

Full on wibble from the Yeeeha’s noo. ☺️

Konrad von Carstein

This whole, SNP, Indy supporters hate England/English schtick by some Unionists is utterly idiotic, not to mention pathetic and only shows up the lack of integrity of their case...

Take me, SNP voter who dearly wants independence...

English extended family - check - Hate them? Nope

Work for a multi national company - collaborate with English colleagues & 3rd parties - hate them? Nope (although there are some goons involved)

Do I despise the Westminster system and the democratic deficit - why yes of course - A union of equals? *gif of lassie spitting coffee*

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

This whole, SNP, Indy supporters hate England/English schtick by some Unionists is utterly idiotic, not to mention pathetic and only shows up the lack of integrity of their case...

Take me, SNP voter who dearly wants independence...

English extended family - check - Hate them? Nope

Work for a multi national company - collaborate with English colleagues & 3rd parties - hate them? Nope (although there are some goons involved)

Do I despise the Westminster system and the democratic deficit - why yes of course - A union of equals? *gif of lassie spitting coffee*

A noisy minority of nationalists are anti-English and very vocal about it. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

A noisy minority of nationalists are anti-English and very vocal about it. 

They are, as you say a minority, but to tar the SNP in particular, with this is lazy and, in my opinion, undermines the unionist case (I don't particularly like the usage of that word due to IT'S negative connotations) that they put forward....

Cairneyhill Jambo
11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Best buds. ❤

20210109_121008.jpg

Also best buds ❤ 

8632130466_2363f04ca3_b.jpg

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Everbody in Scotland knows that this statement from you is a deliberate lie. 

Yep I just made it up. All Nationalists hate the English or is it no Nationalists hate the English. It’s one or the other 😏

Edited by GinRummy

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep I just made it up. All Nationalists hate the English or is it no Nationalists hate the English. It’s one or the other 😏

Yeah. Better tell my fiancé I utterly detest her and her kind. 😢

Not all Scottish Nationalists have a problem with the English in the same that not all Old Firm fans are sectarian bigots. They just substitute England with the word Westminster.

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Also best buds ❤ 

8632130466_2363f04ca3_b.jpg

What's that got to do with Salmond?

12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

FB_IMG_1597058658114.jpg

Difficult to believe that Sturgeon sat on a couch and so did Thatcher. Conclusive proof of something. 😂

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pity there's no miners left for Herr Sturgeon to crush.

There would've been more Pits for Thatcher to shut if Labour hadn't shut as many😆

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Just a wee joke Smithee👍

Nae sense of humour those Jock seperatists.

12 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

They are, as you say a minority, but to tar the SNP in particular, with this is lazy and, in my opinion, undermines the unionist case (I don't particularly like the usage of that word due to IT'S negative connotations) that they put forward....

@ri Alban

:lol: 

2 hours ago, pablo said:

Not all Scottish Nationalists have a problem with the English in the same that not all Old Firm fans are sectarian bigots. They just substitute England with the word Westminster.

Do you actually believe that?