The rise and fall of The SNP.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Trouble is, hero one - sex pest

Hero two - about to be dusted

The former health secretary could hardly speak English, let alone do his job.

Then there’s donut addict Blackford.

About to lose all direction.

Maybe that SNP MP who got on the train with Covid could lead the party. Seems qualified.

Anyone got an Enigma machine for this post? ^ ☹️

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

You’re sort of stuck here then and your kids, Tory’s have just taken away yours and their rights to live and work all over Europe. 

Surely that’s a bit of a bummer? 

Not really, I lived and worked in Australia for a few years, had a great time. Last time I checked they aren’t in the EU. We can still live and work in Europe we would just need a visa.

Fatty is more interested in his bank balance than independence. 

Not only a  fat but a lying womanising, cheating, gambling, drinking but also a turncoat. 

No interest in the independence debate only in his own gratification. 

Salmond accuses Sturgeon of misleading parliament - BBC News

Alex Salmond has accused Nicola Sturgeon of misleading parliament, calling evidence she gave to an inquiry into the handling of sexual harassment claims against him "simply untrue".

Mr Salmond's comments emerged in a written submission to a separate investigation into whether the first minister breached the ministerial code.

The submission has been shared with the Holyrood committee.

Ms Sturgeon says she "entirely rejects Mr Salmond's claims".

In the submission, the former first minister said that Ms Sturgeon had misled parliament and broken the ministerial code with breaches including failing to inform the civil service in good time of her meetings with him.

He claimed she allowed the Scottish government to contest a civil court case against him despite having had legal advice that it was likely to collapse.

Ms Sturgeon told the Holyrood inquiry she had become aware of allegations at a meeting with Mr Salmond at her home.

It since emerged she met his former chief of staff in the days before, but she said she had forgotten about that meeting.

Mr Salmond said that claim was untenable.

His submission said that she misled parliament, and that amounted to a breach of the code. He also said she breached the code by failing to to inform civil servants of the nature of the meetings that took place between the two of them at her home where the allegations were discussed.

Mr Salmond's statement read: "The pre-arranged meeting in the Scottish Parliament of 29 March 2018 was "forgotten" about because acknowledging it would have rendered ridiculous the claim made by the first minister in parliament that it had been believed that the meeting on 2 April was on SNP Party business and thus held at her private residence."

Both Mr Salmond and Ms Sturgeon are expected to give evidence to the committee in the coming weeks.

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross responded to the claims, saying: "Nobody ever bought Nicola Sturgeon's tall tales to have suddenly turned forgetful, especially about the devastating moment she found out of sexual harassment allegations against her friend and mentor of 30 years.

"What has been revealed are allegations of shocking, deliberate and corrupt actions at the heart of government. There is now clear evidence of Nicola Sturgeon abusing her power to deceive the Scottish public.

"If this proves to be correct, it is a resignation matter. No first minister, at any time, can be allowed to get away with repeatedly and blatantly lying to the Scottish Parliament and breaking the ministerial code."

Scottish Labour deputy leader Jackie Baillie said Alex Salmond's explosive allegations demanded answers from the first minister to the committee.

She said: "The bombshell accusation that Nicola Sturgeon has broken the ministerial code has the potential to end her political career and demands a robust and honest answer from the first minister.

"This committee demands truthfulness and honesty from every witness it calls - it is vital that the first minister tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when she appears."

Ms Sturgeon has repeatedly dismissed any notion of a conspiracy against Mr Salmond.

Her spokeswoman said: "The first minister entirely rejects Mr Salmond's claims about the ministerial code.

"We should always remember that the roots of this issue lie in complaints made by women about Alex Salmond's behaviour whilst he was first minister, aspects of which he has conceded. It is not surprising therefore that he continues to try to divert focus from that by seeking to malign the reputation of the first minister and by spinning false conspiracy theories.

"The first minister is concentrating on fighting the pandemic, stands by what she has said, and will address these matters in full when she appears at committee."

Alex Salmond has just turned up the heat on his successor with a submission that presents a direct and serious challenge to the reputation of Nicola Sturgeon - who was once his closest political ally.

What he no doubt considers as an attempt to secure justice, some others will see as a case of deflection and revenge.

Allegations of breaking the ministerial code of conduct and misleading parliament are serious and, if upheld, potentially career threatening.

Yet even some of Ms Sturgeon's fiercest critics at Holyrood do not expect the inquiries into the Scottish government's mishandling of harassment complaints against Mr Salmond to force her from office.

Mr Salmond seems to expect the review of the first minister's actions under the ministerial code of conduct to remain narrow enough that it could not possibly find against her.

The first minister herself appears confident of persuading all comers, including a cross-party committee of MSPs (before which both she and Mr Salmond are due to appear in the coming weeks) that she has acted properly throughout.

What a strange situation.

But one thing we can be quite sure of, is that every poster who didn't believe a word uttered by Salmond at or around his trial, will now take everything he says about Sturgeon 100% at face value.

It's amazing how twisted politicians are.

Sturgeon's and Murrell are power hungry and refuse to relinquish their grasp on the leadership despite the various shitstorms they've faced. 

Salmond willing to chuck everyone under a bus for his own ends. 

Jackie Baillie willing to take a creepy sleekit wee shites word for it when she wouldn't have believed a thing he said 10 years ago. 

Anyone that has ambitions to become a Politician should be banned from ever becoming one. A bunch of absolute shitehawks. 

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not really, I lived and worked in Australia for a few years, had a great time. Last time I checked they aren’t in the EU. We can still live and work in Europe we would just need a visa.

Oh that’s nice, what about us folk that have lived in Scotland ALL our lives and want to do what you did when you were younger? 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

But one thing we can be quite sure of, is that every poster who didn't believe a word uttered by Salmond at or around his trial, will now take everything he says about Sturgeon 100% at face value.

This. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Sturgeon's and Murrell are power hungry and refuse to relinquish their grasp on the leadership despite the various shitstorms they've faced. 

Jackie Baillie willing to take a creepy sleekit wee shites word for it when she wouldn't have believed a thing he said 10 years ago. 

Anyone that has ambitions to become a Politician should be banned from ever becoming one. A bunch of absolute shitehawks. 

Also this. What a bunch of ***** the lot of them are. 

41 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Oh that’s nice, what about us folk that have lived in Scotland ALL our lives and want to do what you did when you were younger? 

What about it?

Apart from Covid, what's to stop them?

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Was he lying then or lying now though 

it’s confusing 

You can read Salmond's full submission on Wings over Scotland. Reading it, one of the strange things about it is, he genuinely appears to try to give her a get out right up to the last. Which makes me think, there must be more to it if she didn't take it.

If his view can be corroborated, then she's gone. 

8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

One thing I didn't anticipate was Wings Over Scotland suddenly becoming a Unionist Bible.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Was he lying then or lying now though 

it’s confusing 

Then I'm afraid this is really going to confuse you: It's possible for him to both be a lecherous egomaniac, and to have done things that were not provably illegal, but still highly inappropriate.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

One thing I didn't anticipate was Wings Over Scotland suddenly becoming a Unionist Bible.

There was a link to it on Twitter, so I followed it and read Salmond's submission in full. I was a bit surprised myself......they appear to dislike Sturgeon more than Unionists.

1 minute ago, pablo said:

There was a link to it on Twitter, so I followed it and read Salmond's submission in full. I was a bit surprised myself......they appear to dislike Sturgeon more than Unionists.

Wings hasn't been credible for a long time (I realise some would say ever), but he has gone down an extremely weird, some would probably say indicative of his darker demons, rabbit hole in regards to out-and-out bigotry against trans people, especially trans women.

This will all be in relation to that. That that sort of behaviour and rhetoric has now resulted in the strange bedfellows of Wings and right wing Unionists, I suppose has a certain poetic irony to it.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Wings hasn't been credible for a long time (I realise some would say ever), but he has gone down an extremely weird, some would probably say indicative of his darker demons, rabbit hole in regards to out-and-out bigotry against trans people, especially trans women.

This will all be in relation to that. That that sort of behaviour and rhetoric has now resulted in the strange bedfellows of Wings and right wing Unionists, I suppose has a certain poetic irony to it.

Sounds charming.

It's primary aim is still to support Scotland gaining independence though isn't it? Where does the right wing Unionists come in, or is it a broader collection of opinions now?

Just now, pablo said:

Sounds charming.

It's primary aim is still to support Scotland gaining independence though isn't it? Where does the right wing Unionists come in, or is it a broader collection of opinions now?

As far as I can tell he became completely unhinged—as a result I haven't gone to the Wings website in probably at least two years, so I can't really answer your questions. The times I have seen him mentioned, he's been railing against trans folks, whether on his Twitter account or his site.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

As far as I can tell he became completely unhinged—as a result I haven't gone to the Wings website in probably at least two years, so I can't really answer your questions. The times I have seen him mentioned, he's been railing against trans folks, whether on his Twitter account or his site.

If you can bring yourself to revisit, go and have a read of Salmond's submission in full. Big changes ahead, if it is found that the FM has broken the Ministerial Code.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

No. Most sane people will conclude that they, like most politicians, are a pair of sly, duplicitous *****.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, pablo said:

If you can bring yourself to revisit, go and have a read of Salmond's submission in full. Big changes ahead, if it is found that the FM has broken the Ministerial Code.

Is there anyone capable of leading the SNP if Sturgeon goes? Good luck with fatty Blackford trying to win the Indy argument, in between scoffing cake

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No. Most sane people will conclude that they, like most politicians, are a pair of sly, duplicitous *****.

I mean, this is hardly groundbreaking stuff, no.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is there anyone capable of leading the SNP if Sturgeon goes? Good luck with fatty Blackford trying to win the Indy argument, in between scoffing cake

Which does of course explain why the unionist media are suddenly all ears for Alex Salmond, their erstwhile most despised enemy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
46 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

He also has some very ugly opinions about Hillsborough. The thing is, it weird how people who liked his site when it was full of pro Indy stuff hate it now. He’s always been a and it’s always been full of shite. No different now that he’s getting stuck into Sturgeon. He’s a deranged freak

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

On the contrary. There are plenty in Scotland who think Sturgeon walks on water. They thought the same of Salmond too.

They’re the equivalent of the wet wipes who jumped around singing ‘oh Jeremy Corbyn’ - unable to see what a narcissistic prick he is.

Your first assumption in politics should always be that any MP of any persuasion is probably a waste of space, out of touch and driven by self-interest. If they pleasantly surprise you then great. But most won’t

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On the contrary. There are plenty in Scotland who think Sturgeon walks on water. They thought the same of Salmond too.

Again, that people deify politicians is nothing groundbreaking either. The cults of the likes of Johnson and Trump as well.

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It is a unionist tactic. I see it everywhere. For example a couple of complete ******s stand with a picture saying “England out” or something and it’s apparently a country of rabid English haters. It’s utter bolloks. 

You do come over a little paranoid with comments like this. :lol:

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Johan, all politicians are the same no matter the colour of their rosette. They'll brush off their crass hypocrisy with a chuckle and well it's just politics type comment. Wankers the lot of them. And I completely agree with you anyone who states they want to be in politics should automatically be banned from ever being in politics. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Johan, all politicians are the same no matter the colour of their rosette. They'll brush off their crass hypocrisy with a chuckle and well it's just politics type comment. Wankers the lot of them. And I completely agree with you anyone who states they want to be in politics should automatically be banned from ever being in politics. 

My thoughts too

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

He's not railing against trans folk. He hasn't had a twitter account for a long time. He has managed to galvanise many in the SNP and that has resulted in the NEC now having a more representative composition. He is railing against proposed legislation which would see the erosion of women's rights and has many women on his side. You should look at the detail of what he says rather than call him unhinged because of what others say on twitter.

He has been telling us for at least two years that Sturgeon and many of the salaried SNP were happy with where they are and not really interested in change, especially if that involved independence. A great many, and growing number of indy supporters now agree. 

He has also told us for almost the same length of time that Sturgeon had broken the ministerial code and would have to resign as a result. 

Campbell does not come across as a "nice" person but that's not his job. His analysis on events is usually superb because he doesn't care who he offends and is in hock to nobody. 

If you want to know where this is going next then check out the blog and in particular the foi requests and responses such as they are. IMO Sturgeon has been railroaded by the civil service and the justiciary but you will have to wait for her book to be sure, unless Campbell gets there first.

coconut doug
10 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Who has asked Sturgeon to give up her leadership? What about Murrell, what has he done?

Who has Salmond chucked under a bus? Read WOS linked by Pablo and you will see that he has not done that.

Jackie Baillie has written evidence and testimony to support her view.

coconut doug

Which does of course explain why the unionist media are suddenly all ears for Alex Salmond, their erstwhile most despised enemy.

NO. This has been largely ignored for 2 years. The demise of Sturgeon is not something the Unionist media want. They know it means a renewed push for Indy.

Just now, coconut doug said:

He's not railing against trans folk. He hasn't had a twitter account for a long time. He has managed to galvanise many in the SNP and that has resulted in the NEC now having a more representative composition. He is railing against proposed legislation which would see the erosion of women's rights and has many women on his side. You should look at the detail of what he says rather than call him unhinged because of what others say on twitter.

He is railing against a bunch of invented, bigoted, alarmist, anti-trans piffle. I have looked at the detail of what he's said. He's a terf, and a *****.

Just now, coconut doug said:

He has been telling us for at least two years that Sturgeon and many of the salaried SNP were happy with where they are and not really interested in change, especially if that involved independence. A great many, and growing number of indy supporters now agree.

And Scottish Labour broke via an FOIA request that plans are in place for a referendum push in 2021. So what's your point? Are you now a Labour acolyte because they've revealed that to us?

14 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

If you want to know where this is going next then check out the blog and in particular the foi requests and responses such as they are. IMO Sturgeon has been railroaded by the civil service and the justiciary but you will have to wait for her book to be sure, unless Campbell gets there first.

I'm good, ta.

16 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Who has asked Sturgeon to give up her leadership? What about Murrell, what has he done?

Who has Salmond chucked under a bus? Read WOS linked by Pablo and you will see that he has not done that.

Jackie Baillie has written evidence and testimony to support her view.

Quelle surprise. 

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You do come over a little paranoid with comments like this. :lol:

Well I’m not paranoid what can I say🤷🏽‍♂️
There’s a focus on small things trying to blow them into big mountains from the unionist side. I don’t imagine it. 
Well you know it. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s a focus on small things trying to blow them into big mountains from the unionist side. I don’t imagine it. 
Well you know it. 

For the record, you don't come across as the least bit paranoid, and you're spot on.

Adam_the_legend
34 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

NO. This has been largely ignored for 2 years. The demise of Sturgeon is not something the Unionist media want. They know it means a renewed push for Indy.

This doesn’t make any sense to me. If sturgeon and Salmond destroy each other, which is looking increasingly likely, who can lead and drive the Indy movement like either of them? There are no other Scottish politicians with that kind of juice. If sturgeon goes, that’s the end of the Indy push for a while I think. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Agree with every word. Bunch of slithery snakes and the further they get up the slippery pole the more jaded and corrupt they become. That’s not even including the high proportion of sociopaths amongst the highest climbers. 

10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

This doesn’t make any sense to me. If sturgeon and Salmond destroy each other, which is looking increasingly likely, who can lead and drive the Indy movement like either of them? There are no other Scottish politicians with that kind of juice. If sturgeon goes, that’s the end of the Indy push for a while I think. 

I don’t think so. No political party will continue to dominate like the snp do, regardless of leadership. Things change and maybe Labour will make a comeback or a new party will rise up but supporting independence. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Best buds. ❤

2,139 Jack Mcconnell Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Belter as well. Not pictured, also Alex Salmond, out of frame or behind Connery.

Seymour M Hersh
46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well you know it. 

Right back at you. That's exactly what the Nationalists do in reverse. And well you know that. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Right back at you. That's exactly what the Nationalists do in reverse. And well you know that. 

Wont deny that. Balloons on both sides.
Try acknowledge that though. I do. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Wont deny that. Balloons on both sides.
Try acknowledge that though. I do. 

See my post to Johann.

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Genuine question - if Sturgeon goes, and that will happen, who replaces her as SNP leader? Who is up to it?

Genuine answer - no one. Like her or loath her sturgeon is a very savvy political operator, there is no one even close to her level that could step up to the leadership. Would be interesting to see what happens if she gets the boot. 

2,139 Jack Mcconnell Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Belter as well. Not pictured, also Alex Salmond, out of frame or behind Connery.

Mental that the biggest ***** is the one in the middle. 

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

He is railing against a bunch of invented, bigoted, alarmist, anti-trans piffle. I have looked at the detail of what he's said. He's a terf, and a *****.

And Scottish Labour broke via an FOIA request that plans are in place for a referendum push in 2021. So what's your point? Are you now a Labour acolyte because they've revealed that to us?

I'm good, ta.

Is it not a good thing to be railing against bigots etc.  I thought you said you hadn't looked at his site. Have you now looked at it?

There are a lot of people who think you can't change your biological sex and so men cannot have an operation to become  women. Believing that IMO does not make you a bigot. Maybe you could tell us if you think it does or show us how this guy is a bigot. Name calling isn't good enough.

I don't understand your point about Labour. Plans for a referendum do not exist as far as i am aware. Plans for a push for a referendum are simply to keep asking WM for permission. That IMO is not a plan but if you know different i'd be interested to see it. I agree with Campbell that another referendum will never be given and that's why we need to make the next election a plebiscite. Why would the SNP not support this view?. Answer that if you can.

Why would i become a Labour acolyte even if i had been aware of something like that? The point is that there are no serious plans or push for Indy. There will never be a better time to win an Indy vote. Regular Indy supporters know this. Johnson, Leonard and Ross will be gone soon and no matter how hard they try they will not be able to replace them with people who are anywhere near as inept and out of touch.

So you don't want to read his blog and you hadn't read it for a while and then you maybe read it again. Whether you like the guy or not and whether or not he's a bigot, it doesn't matter, he has called the Salmond situation correctly. 

Konrad von Carstein
56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Genuine question - if Sturgeon goes, and that will happen, who replaces her as SNP leader? Who is up to it?

Joanna Cherry would be my choice...