Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You forget about it so much that you sign up to JKB so you can post over and over again about how you don't care about it

 

:rofl:

 

Honestly. He has to be a parody account. Has to be. @Saxon Hearts Mark II.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jack D and coke

    795

  • manaliveits105

    705

  • Smithee

    1077

  • Roxy Hearts

    648

manaliveits105

Scottish employment up 37000 but but Krankie said brexit would lose Scotland 80000 jobs hmmmm sexual nuisance party get figures wrong again ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish employment up 37000 but but Krankie said brexit would lose Scotland 80000 jobs hmmmm sexual nuisance party get figures wrong again ?

 

Brexit hasn't really happened yet...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Boris said:

 

How much does Scotland import from rUK?

 

Much is made of what we export to rUK, but the reverse never seems to get mentioned.  I'd love to know!

 

Regards exporting to rUK in the event of an Independent Scotland with EU membership, then Scotland would trade with rUK as the rEU would.  

 

Would this be bad?  Who knows.  Would being independent and part of the EU be better than remaining in the UK, but out of the EU? Could those exports that went to rUK, be exported elsewhere instead?  Could we import things that came from rUK cheaper from the EU?

 

It all just seems rather vague, on both sides of the argument.

All moot points Boris. I was just trying to highlight the absurd paradox at the heart of the SNP that sees them arguing vehemently to stay in the EU while also articulating the importance of leaving the UK  . As 80% of our trade is outiwith the EU it is, not only nonsense on stilts but makes them a laughing stock in the eyes of most people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All moot points Boris. I was just trying to highlight the absurd paradox at the heart of the SNP that sees them arguing vehemently to stay in the EU while also articulating the importance of leaving the UK  . As 80% of our trade is outiwith the EU it is, not only nonsense on stilts but makes them a laughing stock in the eyes of most people. 

Most people???? Most popular party by far for the last decade with support for independence now over 50%. Laughing stock in your unionist eyes but, thankfully, you are an ever decreasing minority

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Boris said:

 

Brexit hasn't really happened yet...

 

 

But all the doom and gloomers predicted that the UK economy would collapse the day after a leave victory.

The same people who predicted the disaster if we didn't join the euro years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

But all the doom and gloomers predicted that the UK economy would collapse the day after a leave victory.

The same people who predicted the disaster if we didn't join the euro years ago

 

What about the doom and gloomers who didn't want to join the euro?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish employment up 37000 but but Krankie said brexit would lose Scotland 80000 jobs hmmmm sexual nuisance party get figures wrong again ?


Christ... what a depressing post/poster.

 

Reminds me why I stopped posting in the shed tbh.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Most people???? Most popular party by far for the last decade with support for independence now over 50%. Laughing stock in your unionist eyes but, thankfully, you are an ever decreasing minority

Most people in Scotland neither vote for the SNP nor support separation. The nationalists need to remember that they represent less than 50% of an 8% population share of the UK. They are over represented in Westminster due to the voting system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Most people in Scotland neither vote for the SNP nor support separation. The nationalists need to remember that they represent less than 50% of an 8% population share of the UK. They are over represented in Westminster due to the voting system

Not unlike the current right wing government!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Most people in Scotland neither vote for the SNP nor support separation. The nationalists need to remember that they represent less than 50% of an 8% population share of the UK. They are over represented in Westminster due to the voting system


C’mon, mate, everyone can use figures to support an opinion.

Most people in England never voted for the Tories  and they spanked it !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All moot points Boris. I was just trying to highlight the absurd paradox at the heart of the SNP that sees them arguing vehemently to stay in the EU while also articulating the importance of leaving the UK  . As 80% of our trade is outiwith the EU it is, not only nonsense on stilts but makes them a laughing stock in the eyes of most people. 

Yet the same argument used by the current Westminster government for leaving the EU is denied Scotland.

 

Regards trade, Ruk levels are about 56%? So that leaves 44% EU & RoW. RoW could take a hit if we go WTO?

 

Regardless, would Scotland stop trading if it became independent? Of course it wouldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

:rofl:

 

Honestly. He has to be a parody account. Has to be. @Saxon Hearts Mark II.

 

Thats 2 visits from new users on the Indy threads in as many weeks.

 

Might be these 77th Brigade chaps and chapesse's :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I particularly like the posts where folk trot out tired and disproved cliches like:

 

’if you want independence, why do you want to be in the EU”. When Westminster has a lot more say in Scottish affairs than Holyrood and Brussels combined.

 

or

 

‘Why aren’t they doing more for Scottish people, instead of battering on about independence’... when free higher education alone is absolutely the most powerful social democratic policy of any party in the UK.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

 

 

‘Why aren’t they doing more for Scottish people, instead of battering on about independence’... when free higher education alone is absolutely the most powerful social democratic policy of any party in the UK.

 

 

 

Just too funny :qqb006:

There's a restriction on the number of places for Scottish students at Scottish universities. And it's because the tuition is free. I don't know if the SG is still funding students from the EU after Brexit, but you wouldn't put it past them.

 

I can only give you give you my word that my view isn't influenced by the constitutional question, but the SNP have been absolutely awful custodians of our Education system. Just her on Education? If only the electorate judged them on their record in Education.

 

Our Education system used to be the one thing that we were all proud of. What happened?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

Just too funny :qqb006:

There's a restriction on the number of places for Scottish students at Scottish universities. And it's because the tuition is free. I don't know if the SG is still funding students from the EU after Brexit, but you wouldn't put it past them.

 

I can only give you give you my word that my view isn't influenced by the constitutional question, but the SNP have been absolutely awful custodians of our Education system. Just her on Education? If only the electorate judged them on their record in Education.

 

Our Education system used to be the one thing that we were all proud of. What happened?

 


I work for Edinburgh University. I can tell you for a fact, Scottish students from less wealthy backgrounds have and are enjoying the opportunity to study subjects such as medicine, that they would probably not have the opportunity to elsewhere in Britain. 
 

“so funny” though, eh? 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


I work for Edinburgh University. I can tell you for a fact, Scottish students from less wealthy backgrounds have and are enjoying the opportunity to study subjects such as medicine, that they would probably not have the opportunity to elsewhere in Britain. 
 

“so funny” though, eh? 🙄

 

Why is that? Students at university in the other parts of the UK, don't pay tuition fees as they go through the courses, only after they graduate.

 

So is it really helping close the attainment gap. If you were Scottish middle class and likely to send your kids to university anyway, then you're quids in. 

Not sure how that helps poorer students mind?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

Why is that? Students at university in the other parts of the UK, don't pay tuition fees as they go through the courses, only after they graduate.

 

So is it really helping close the attainment gap. If you were Scottish middle class and likely to send your kids to university anyway, then you're quids in. 

Not sure how that helps poorer students mind?

 

Unis are being encouraged to enroll students from areas classed as having multiple deprivation.

Capping numbers, btw, isn't that bad a thing. Unis down south have no caps so take on loads, but don't invest in the infrastructure and staffing to support it.

Great value for the £30 off k debt you accumulate in fees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boris said:

Not unlike the current right wing government!

Not disagreeing with that Boris. Still, could have been worse....could you imagine Magic Grandpa in power??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boab said:


C’mon, mate, everyone can use figures to support an opinion.

Most people in England never voted for the Tories  and they spanked it !

 

I agree Boab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambos are go!

Pretty sure I heard Martin Lewis of MoneysavingdExpert opposing changes to the Student support regime in England because hardly any body would ever have to repay anything. Anyone else hear that.

 

Many folk also believed that the Graduate Endownment system introduced by Labour following the Cubie Report was a far superior system that did  . not have to be funded by huge cuts to college places.

 

Nicola Sturgeon when she was returned to power asked primarily to be judged on how her government tackled education. So let it be.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


I work for Edinburgh University. I can tell you for a fact, Scottish students from less wealthy backgrounds have and are enjoying the opportunity to study subjects such as medicine, that they would probably not have the opportunity to elsewhere in Britain. 
 

“so funny” though, eh? 🙄

My daughter has had a great education under the SNP and is at Uni because of them, studying to be a teacher, ironically. My grandkids love school so I don't know where all this pish about poor education is coming from apart from the usual propaganda outlets. Some person will go on about pisa or whatever that no parent gives a monkeys about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not disagreeing with that Boris. Still, could have been worse....could you imagine Magic Grandpa in power??

Corbyn? Would prefer him to Johnson tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pablo said:

 

Why is that? Students at university in the other parts of the UK, don't pay tuition fees as they go through the courses, only after they graduate.

 

So is it really helping close the attainment gap. If you were Scottish middle class and likely to send your kids to university anyway, then you're quids in. 

Not sure how that helps poorer students mind?

 


More working class kids are going to university, and not worrying about how much it will cost them. I see it every year, and it makes me feel good that they are getting those opportunities. I’m really happy to be a part of that, and that’s what I want to see happen from here on in.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My daughter has had a great education under the SNP and is at Uni because of them, studying to be a teacher, ironically. My grandkids love school so I don't know where all this pish about poor education is coming from apart from the usual propaganda outlets. Some person will go on about pisa or whatever that no parent gives a monkeys about. 


Really happy to hear that, mate. Genuinely. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Really happy to hear that, mate. Genuinely. 👍

Cheers. All her friends loved school too and some at Uni. All very intelligent young women. My niece is also at Uni. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


More working class kids are going to university, and not worrying about how much it will cost them. I see it every year, and it makes me feel good that they are getting those opportunities. I’m really happy to be a part of that, and that’s what I want to see happen from here on in.

 

 

 

Is there any evidence to support the attainment gap is closing as a result of the policy? One of your colleagues isn't so sure. She's only the director of Edinburgh University Research centre in to Educational Diversity and Inclusion. If she reports in to you, you can put her straight at work tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Cheers. All her friends loved school too and some at Uni. All very intelligent young women. My niece is also at Uni. 

 

And don't tell us, they all used to be horrible yoons, until they were shown the road to Damascus by a racist Grandad in the Corstorphine Inn one evening? 😆

Edited by pablo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

Is there any evidence to support the attainment gap is closing as a result of the policy? One of your colleagues isn't so sure. She's only the director of Edinburgh University Research centre in to Educational Diversity and Inclusion. If she reports in to you, you can put her straight at work tomorrow. 


Happy for you to pass on her details to me by PM, or to give mine to her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

And don't tell us, they all used to be horrible yoons, until they were shown the road to Damascus by a racist Grandad in the Corstorphine Inn one evening? 😆

Not sure what you're on about. We are talking about education under our Scottish Government. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

It’s coming from the decline over the last few years in higher passes in several subjects and the increase in students failing higher English. It’s coming in the consistent underachievement of Scottish students in maths and science compared to other countries, including England. Check out Professor Lindsay Paterson’s withering critique of the way Swinney snuck out the latest disappointing education information ( released at midnight the other day).
Using the examples of your own kids and grandkids ( mine also did well) doesn’t render current criticism invalid.

Some real Trumpian stuff in your post!

Trumpian. What are you on about? 

Edited by Roxy Hearts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
55 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

My daughter has had a great education under the SNP and is at Uni because of them, studying to be a teacher, ironically. My grandkids love school so I don't know where all this pish about poor education is coming from apart from the usual propaganda outlets. Some person will go on about pisa or whatever that no parent gives a monkeys about. 

This education thing is shit imo an all. My daughter and all her friends are at uni and have highers coming out their ears. 
The education of the youth is more to do with the show they watch on tv and social media. 
Conor McGregors and Kim Kardashians are more to blame. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Happy for you to pass on her details to me by PM, or to give mine to her. 

 

Pm sent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not sure what you're on about. We are talking about education under our Scottish Government. 

 

That's your usual shtick isn't it? When you're not embarrassing yourself labelling people Uncle Toms and non Scots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pablo said:

 

That's your usual shtick isn't it? When you're not embarrassing yourself labelling people Uncle Toms and non Scots.

Which non Scots? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Which non Scots? 

 

I took it that you meant anyone who doesn't agree with your own warped opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The suggestion that concerns about falling standards comes from the ‘usual propaganda outlets’. Your version of fake news?
And pouring scorn on a respected and evidence-based research survey because, ‘no parents give a monkeys about it’.

Straight out of the Donald’s play book.

There are falling standards but I'm only giving my personal experience. Are you saying there isn't propaganda? Do you vote SNP? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pablo said:

 

I took it that you meant anyone who doesn't agree with your own warped opinions.

Nothing warped at all. I presume you don't like the SNP and like a bandwagon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Nothing warped at all. I presume you don't like the SNP and like a bandwagon?

 

I think the SNP are for the most part, useless at governing the country, and that the constant distraction of the constitutional question suits them well. 

 

What I don't like, is insults like Uncle Tom being bandied about by old men who wouldn't have the balls to call someone that to their face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

I think the SNP are for the most part, useless at governing the country, and that the constant distraction of the constitutional question suits them well. 

 

What I don't like, is insults like Uncle Tom being bandied about by old men who wouldn't have the balls to call someone that to their face.

You're a brave one. So it's OK to insult those who wish us to govern ourselves but not the other way round?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do the SNP do so well electorally if they are so inept?

 

If they are so inept, what does that make the opposition parties in Scotland?

 

Labour are the biggest losers here, almost irrelevant. Lib dems, well, are the lib dems.

 

The Tories have become the beacon of opposition, but they are the Tories, still as toxic and rabid as ever. 

 

For or all of the criticism of the current Holyrood govt, perhaps some justified, what are the opposition parties proposing? Genuine question btw, as they never seem to offer their solutions, just criticism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Why do the SNP do so well electorally if they are so inept?

 

If they are so inept, what does that make the opposition parties in Scotland?

 

Labour are the biggest losers here, almost irrelevant. Lib dems, well, are the lib dems.

 

The Tories have become the beacon of opposition, but they are the Tories, still as toxic and rabid as ever. 

 

For or all of the criticism of the current Holyrood govt, perhaps some justified, what are the opposition parties proposing? Genuine question btw, as they never seem to offer their solutions, just criticism.

 

No one is arguing that the opposition parties at Holyrood aren't a shambles.  This is actually bad for democracy as the SNP get to piss around at Holyrood without being held to account.  Their supporters don't care how bad they are performing, as policies on anything other than independence don't seem to be an important to them, and they would elect a trained chimp with an SNP rosette.

Edited by frankblack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Why do the SNP do so well electorally if they are so inept?

 

If they are so inept, what does that make the opposition parties in Scotland?

 

Labour are the biggest losers here, almost irrelevant. Lib dems, well, are the lib dems.

 

The Tories have become the beacon of opposition, but they are the Tories, still as toxic and rabid as ever. 

 

For or all of the criticism of the current Holyrood govt, perhaps some justified, what are the opposition parties proposing? Genuine question btw, as they never seem to offer their solutions, just criticism.

 

Don't you think that it's just as simple as until there is a shift in either direction on independence, then the SNP will continue to poll half the votes and the other parties, the other half between them? 

 

All SNP voters have a dog in the fight, and for them Independence transcends everything else. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, pablo said:

 

Don't you think that it's just as simple as until there is a shift in either direction on independence, then the SNP will continue to poll half the votes and the other parties, the other half between them? 

 

All SNP voters have a dog in the fight, and for them Independence transcends everything else. 

 

 

So why isn't a better case for the union being made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...