The rise and fall of The SNP.

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We'll agree to disagree. 

She's not immune to criticism from me. Some of the policy decisions are pish. Often lacking in common sense. 

I'm afraid a lot of the shite she gets on here is driven by the fact that she's a woman. It's as simple as that. 

That she rustlescthr jimmies of many on here is all gold for me.

A strong woman doesn't threaten me in the slightest. 

Same arguments were placed regarding Thatcher.

Shes being judged on her failures.

You admit shes failed.

She is along with her gang the epitome of being in power too long with no accountability.

And not just from the parliament but from a swathe of her support despite them being unhappy about her.

You and others bite back with the same name calling.

You are the mirror image of those you hate.

Imo

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I just think she's awful at what she does and divisive in the way she does it. And so do plenty women I know. 

I liked her.

Thought she was a credit .

Too long and comfy and taking the voters for granted

Unknown user
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

I just think she's awful at what she does and divisive in the way she does it. And so do plenty women I know. 

Why won't they just shut up and go away so we can win, divisive arseholes!

There would be something wrong if she was buttering your bread, let's not pretend this is representative of anything.

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why won't they just shut up and go away so we can win, divisive arseholes!

There would be something wrong if she was buttering your bread, let's not pretend this is representative of anything.

I look to give people credit where I can.

In the case of our FM, I struggle to do that.

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fair play on yer first point.

Genuinely interested to see evidence of misogynist, as opposed to anti-SNP/indy/policy, shite, however...

Stick around. You'll see plenty of it. Particularly from one poster who's definitely not a misogynist

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Same arguments were placed regarding Thatcher.

Shes being judged on her failures.

You admit shes failed.

She is along with her gang the epitome of being in power too long with no accountability.

And not just from the parliament but from a swathe of her support despite them being unhappy about her.

You and others bite back with the same name calling.

You are the mirror image of those you hate.

Imo

She's a politician. Of course shes failed. She's also succeeded too. That's how it works. 

You deal with whats in front of you in life. 

There's no point trying to have a constructive discussion with many of the halfwits on here. Pitch at their level. It's all they understand 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Stick around. You'll see plenty of it. Particularly from one poster who's definitely not a misogynist

She's a politician. Of course shes failed. She's also succeeded too. That's how it works. 

You deal with whats in front of you in life. 

There's no point trying to have a constructive discussion with many of the halfwits on here. Pitch at their level. It's all they understand 

What has she succeeded in ?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I look to give people credit where I can.

In the case of our FM, I struggle to do that.

Aye bollocks, she's still one of the most respected, and liked, politicians in the UK

Roxy Hearts

What has she succeeded in ?

Elections and that's where she's judged. Shrieking about her won't help.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Oops. Sorry if I upset you. Any good policy promises she's succeeded with ? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

:laugh2:

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye bollocks, she's still one of the most respected, and liked, politicians in the UK

It's a pretty low bar at the moment. 

The Mighty Thor

Not a lot then.

Your either at it or ****ing stupid. 

Either way I'm not entertaining you. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a low bar atm.

And she has not delivered in any measurable way.

Did well initially on the covid but played politics in the  way we all mostly hate .

Lord Montpelier
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Your either at it or ****ing stupid. 

Either way I'm not entertaining you. 

All we are establishing here is if you have a look at what the FM has really succeeded in, there isn't much to find, is there ?

Roxy Hearts

Oops. Sorry if I upset you. Any good policy promises she's succeeded with ? 

Check the SNP website. She's a politician and head of one the most successful parties in Europe. She's failed on things but so do all governments. I don't get worked up over decades of Westminster failures and the absolute suffering they've caused.

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Elections and that's where she's judged. Shrieking about her won't 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Behave. 

It should be easy to answer no?

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

All we are establishing here is if you have a look at what the FM has really succeeded in, there isn't much to find, is there ?

Like I said, fish elsewhere. I'm not interested. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Check the SNP website. She's a politician and head of one the most successful parties in Europe. She's failed on things but so do all governments. I don't get worked up over decades of Westminster failures and the absolute suffering they've caused.

I just did, pretty underwhelming to be honest on first look. 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Like I said, fish elsewhere. I'm not interested. 

Not interested. Or can't think of any successes to list ? The latter I expect. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You would say that! 

16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I accept governments fail. Do you? 

I accept it.

I wont defend it.

And I certainly wont defend the abject failure on the pillars of a manifesto or the delivery with an outstanding mandate.

And dont talk pish you accept nowt from other failures.

I'm fed up with the defence from weirdos for failure of any government be it daily mail tories or the national paper SNP sycophants.

You all sound the same

20 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Its pathetic.

And the defence of their record is equally so.

dobmisterdobster
28 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's a low bar atm.

And she has not delivered in any measurable way.

Did well initially on the covid but played politics in the  way we all mostly hate .

This. Who actually likes politicians anyway?

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

I accept it.

I wont defend it.

And I certainly wont defend the abject failure on the pillars of a manifesto or the delivery with an outstanding mandate.

I'm fed up with the defence from weirdos for failure of any government be it daily mail tories or the national paper SNP sycophants.

You all sound the same

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Its pathetic.

And the defence of their record is equally so.

Calm down bud! Everyone has their agendas, supporters, hypocrisies, believers. Don't get so worked up. I've lived through many governments who've had some success and failures.

Thatcher destroyed Britain for me with her scorched earth and inhumane politicies. We now have a Westminster Government whom are very similar. The Scottish Government of any hue can only do so much.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Don't agree with all your posts, Ked, but I sure do like this one. It's all just football scarf politics with dubious, flexible principles and more whataboutery than an OF sectarianism roundtable discussion.

I think I'm opposite from you.

I want independence.

But the way that movement expresses itself .

The way its political party conducts that goal is juvenile.

I await the absolute beamer of accusation of hoose jock uncle Tam whatabout bojo.

The constant pinging of aye it England.

Which is a reason for independence to stop the child like blame with ultimately no responsibilty.

JudyJudyJudy
53 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If it's James you are referring to, then I think, again, that's a lazy accusation with little, if anything, to back it up. Happy to be corrected, though, with any quoted misogynist posts he has made. And, BTW, half the humour on the jokes and memes threads are about wimmin - but that seems tolerated.

I actually think she gets an easy ride because she's a woman. Simply having risen to the position she has (again, kudos to her for charting a course to such a territory, it cannot have been easy) she is lauded for things that other politicians around the world do, male or female. A lot of 'easy wins' for her when speaking 'as a woman' on certain issues. Even on here, I once got a warning for calling her a b**** and yet there are frequent use of equivalents for male politicians/footballers, etc which go uncensored.

Of course there will be bams who lay into her and are fearful of what a woman in charge means for their masculinity, but I don't see much evidence of it around here. I just see people who honestly don't like her policies.

Yes if a person is accused of misogyny surely there must be evidence of this ? 

Happy to see any evidence of this and assess it ?  or it is  Just  scurrilous,  discrediting , nonsense which he and a few others are party to , due to a variety of reasons . I can only surmise what they might be . It’s grown arms and legs in the last few months and I’m sick the back teeth of it really . It’s so offensive . As you say it’s laziness and an easy accusation to make .

For the record I do recall a certain poster referring to Nadine Dorries as a 

“ bint” . That’s a rather harsh and misogynistic word to use about a woman.  

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Random linguistic aside... 

'Bint' means 'daughter' in Arabic.

Yep, as Bin means son. I see what they mean about education standards these days.

43 minutes ago, Ked said:

I accept it.

I wont defend it.

You all sound the same

Great post. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Random linguistic aside... 

'Bint' means 'daughter' in Arabic.

I didn’t know that . Interesting 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

In other linguistic curious, 'fiswa' means 'fart' in Maltese. Has a lovely onomatopoeic quality to it, don't dontcha think, especially as it refers specifically to a very quiet, possibly silent expulsion. The word for the big loud ones is something like 'boss' or 'bass' which, again, seems to serve its purpose well.

Now, Maltese shares many words with Arabic, so it could be that, next time you say 'Hi boss' to your Saudi/Emirati/Tunisian manager, you're basically calling him a fart.

And if you say hi to the manager's daughter then all bets are off.

A shopping trolley in Dutch is a winkelwagen, while their word for glove translates directly as hand shoe.

Interestingly, the plural of the Dutch for message, boodschappen,  means the shopping, like messages does for us.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It is what it is.

Guilty as charged m'lud.

However when you're dealing with arseholes and misogynistic you've got to  get your hands dirty.

👍🏻

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

If it's James you are referring to, then I think, again, that's a lazy accusation with little, if anything, to back it up. Happy to be corrected, though, with any quoted misogynist posts he has made. And, BTW, half the humour on the jokes and memes threads are about wimmin - but that seems tolerated.

I actually think she gets an easy ride because she's a woman. Simply having risen to the position she has (again, kudos to her for charting a course to such a territory, it cannot have been easy) she is lauded for things that other politicians around the world do, male or female. A lot of 'easy wins' for her when speaking 'as a woman' on certain issues. Even on here, I once got a warning for calling her a b**** and yet there are frequent use of equivalents for male politicians/footballers, etc which go uncensored.

Of course there will be bams who lay into her and are fearful of what a woman in charge means for their masculinity, but I don't see much evidence of it around here. I just see people who honestly don't like her policies.

When the abuse stops focusing on her political performance and starts focusing on her physical appearance and alleged sexuality it does start to cross over a line into misogyny imo. The ferocity, frequency and hyperbole of the abuse also makes it feel like it’s going beyond simple dislike of a political leader and into something more sinister. If not misogyny then it’s definite obsessive behaviour.

When you add in the intolerance of gender based violence awareness raising and the mocking of tortured and murdered women then it starts to paint a picture.

👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sure, but would you surmise misandry from the fierce, frequent and hyperbolic abuse of the clown in Downing Street?

He’s clearly not read the “ obsessive “ misandry on the “ I hate the Tories “ thread 🧵 

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sure, but would you surmise misandry from the fierce, frequent and hyperbolic abuse of the clown in Downing Street?

It doesn’t happen nearly on the same level. The hyperbole in particular is off the scale. Small things being labelled vile or disgusting or sickening.

There’s plenty of abuse for Johnson when he makes a cock-up or lies (which is often) but when he does something vanilla or even good he barely gets a mention. With NS on the other hand, every single thing (good or bad) is highlighted, pilloried and twisted. It happened all throughout the lockdown. If she went a different path from WM she was being “stubborn  and being different just for the same of it.” If she went in unity it was “just copying Boris’ ideas.”

There’s lots of topics on here where people get very entrenched and struggle to see any other perspective or give credit where due. Nicola Sturgeon is right up there and the level of hatred toward her by a few posters seems incredibly personal. Either she’s harmed them in some way directly or it could very well be misogyny. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Alex Kintner

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It is what it is.

Guilty as charged m'lud.

However when you're dealing with arseholes and misogynistic you've got to  get your hands dirty.

its ok to use phrases directly derived from ones with heavy racist connotations as long as youre using them against people you don’t respect ..... type-post

got a 👍 too from someone who had correctly called its use out as moronic only hours earlier

:cornette_dog:

Alex Kintner
5 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

its ok to use phrases directly derived from ones with heavy racist connotations as long as youre using them against people you don’t respect ..... type-post

got a 👍 too from someone who had correctly called its use out as moronic only hours earlier

I was acknowledging his admission of guilt but you fire on with whatever interpretation you like.

👍🏻

8 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Don’t be too hard on Alex for shitting himself to upset one of his allies. He’ll happily and directly confront those perceived to be on the other side of the fence multiple times over several threads. Sweep sweep nothing to see here thumbs up and we move on. 😂

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t be too hard on Alex for shitting himself to upset one of his allies. He’ll happily and directly confront those perceived to be on the other side of the fence multiple times over several threads. Sweep sweep nothing to see here thumbs up and we move on. 😂

Nice try Dazo. I stand by my position on the phrase and the thumbs up was giving due credit to the Asgardian one for owning it.

If only other posters could be so honest at owning what they post…

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Nice try Dazo. I stand by my position on the phrase and the thumbs up was giving due credit to the Asgardian one for owning it.

Hey don't call people ass guardians, so offensive

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

I was acknowledging his admission of guilt but you fire on with whatever interpretation you like.

👍🏻

to be fair I took Ak's thumbs up as a 'you're a dick for using it but fair enough for admitting it' type of post.

I'll reserve the right to deploy it when the flag shagging fuddery calls for it. 

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Its relentless with him regarding me.  It  really is. Id call it harassment or stalking. Obsessive. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Its relentless with him regarding me.  It  really is. Id call it harassment or stalking. Obsessive. 

you'll probably find it's more to do with both the volume and quality of the posts you make and your weather vane stance on most topics. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

you'll probably find it's more to do with both the volume and quality of the posts you make and your weather vane stance on most topics. 

Nope . Its personal now. Harassment and abuse really. Irrespective of how much i post etc. Anyway he's blocked so he shouldn't even be referring to me at all. Why still mention me ?  He needs to just stop it. Hes fixated. 

29 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Just calling it as I see it Alex. 👍

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

to be fair I took Ak's thumbs up as a 'you're a dick for using it but fair enough for admitting it' type of post.

I'll reserve the right to deploy it when the flag shagging fuddery calls for it. 

That’s exactly what it was.👍🏻