The rise and fall of The SNP.

25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Oh please, I think semantically you may be right but that isn't how a divorce would work now is it.

Semantics! Scotland doesn't have a deficit!

It spends the money Westminster allocates and no more. No deficit.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

25 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Oh please, I think semantically you may be right but that isn't how a divorce would work now is it.

Although not legally bound to, we will probably take a percentage of the UK debt in exchange for a share of UK assets

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Although not legally bound to, we will probably take a percentage of the UK debt in exchange for a share of UK assets

I may have an opinion or two on that if it happens

13 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

So England gives Scotland a budget to spend, which Scotland spends, without going a penny over. Then England tells Scotland how much money Scotland has overspent by. Is this correct? Obviously not as that would just be ridiculous 

Exactly. It's their money, central bank, customs & revenue, fiscal policy, trade agreements, tax borrowing and spend. We get our pocket money from our masters every year. They dump debt on us and charge us interest for the privilege. 

Unfortunately, the Hoose Gammon still believe it. Absolute mutants. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Talking of deficits, a wee look at the UK figures:

52550387-0-image-a-2_1641334822816.jpg

The tories! Definitely the party to trust with our finances! How they’ve managed to spin this lie is unbelievable 

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Talking of deficits, a wee look at the UK figures:

52550387-0-image-a-2_1641334822816.jpg

That represents a grand each for every man, woman and child in the UK, just in interest on the debt.

"Better Together"

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jamboy1982 said:

So England gives Scotland a budget to spend, which Scotland spends, without going a penny over. Then England tells Scotland how much money Scotland has overspent by. Is this correct? Obviously not as that would just be ridiculous 

That's GERS you're thinking of. 

That comes out once a year. 

Our expenditure to taxes raised is the deficit.Scotland has a deficit by that measure.

That isnt an argument against independence but a reason for it.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's GERS you're thinking of. 

That comes out once a year. 

Is there a Welsh, English or Northern Ireland equivalent? 

Lord Montpelier
59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly. It's their money, central bank, customs & revenue, fiscal policy, trade agreements, tax borrowing and spend. We get our pocket money from our masters every year. They dump debt on us and charge us interest for the privilege. 

Unfortunately, the Hoose Gammon still believe it. Absolute mutants. :lol:

What does the phrase gammon actually mean ?

The Mighty Thor
37 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Is there a Welsh, English or Northern Ireland equivalent? 

No. 

Only Scotland spends money it doesn't have and runs up a huge deficit on projects like HS2 and CrossRail. 

42 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What does the phrase gammon actually mean ?

According to Wikipedia, 

...."The archetype of a red-faced, angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British right-wing male has been in present in popular culture since the mid-20th century, with the character Colonel Blimp first appearing in 1934, in newspaper cartoons and in the film The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp in 1948." 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No. 

Only Scotland spends money it doesn't have and runs up a huge deficit on projects like HS2 and CrossRail. 

This can’t be. Surely nobody would be stupid enough to fall for this behaviour. 

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

According to Wikipedia, 

...."The archetype of a red-faced, angry, pompous, jingoistic, and stereotypically British right-wing male has been in present in popular culture since the mid-20th century, with the character Colonel Blimp first appearing in 1934, in newspaper cartoons and in the film The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp in 1948." 

Only need to replace a little bit of that and you describe Blackford perfectly. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jamboy1982 said:

This can’t be. Surely nobody would be stupid enough to fall for this behaviour. 

Sponging Jocks

5 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What's he done?

manaliveits105
5 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

FTFY 

Lord Montpelier
11 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What's he done?

Good question. What has he actually done other than be the SNP blowhard gammon mouthpiece in Westminster ?

32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ask Charles Kennedy's supporters and party workers. 

Why? I liked Charles Kennedy. Party stinks though.

11 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Good question. What has he actually done other than be the SNP blowhard gammon mouthpiece in Westminster ?

Good man. Winding up the goons down there. More power to him.

Lord Montpelier
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why? I liked Charles Kennedy. Party stinks though.

Good man. Winding up the goons down there. More power to him.

So basically nothing then. Another shouty nationalist to add to the list

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

His job is to hold the stinking government to account so I assume he does. I don't watch or listen to it but if he winds folk up then good. You don't agree with him then good too.

Don't concern yourself too much as we have right wing English Nationalists governing us so be happy.

27 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

He winds up the Hoose Jock Gammonati big-style. I love the big crofter ❤️

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

He winds up the Hoose Jock Gammonati big-style. I love the big crofter ❤️

Your not allowed to call him 'big' the SNP get very upset when using such hateful language to describe someone. 

19 hours ago, XB52 said:

👍 exactly how I'd expect it to be.

I'm sure a proposal will be thoughtfully laid out when a referendum is eventually proposed.

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Your not allowed to call him 'big' the SNP get very upset when using such hateful language to describe someone. 

I'm a fully paid up Scoattish Separatist Cultist and I can ASSURE you that the word big is permitted. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-interview-charity-chief-nicola-murray-after-tweet-ending-referrals-to-edinburgh-rape-crisis-centre-plwgxfjfv

Anyone familiar with 1984 and the concept of 'wrong think' ? 

This is beyond farcical. Police being used as some sort of stormtrooper for the GRA obsessed to scare away any opposition. 

I've never heard of a police visit being justified as “We need to speak to you to ascertain what your thinking was behind making your statement.” when no crime has taken place. Complete and utter waste of police time and resources chasing what I can only describe as thought crime that appears to be in line with the European court of human rights... :D 

What place are we in as a country where this is determined not to be a total and utter waste of the limited resources the police have? 

Lord Montpelier
26 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm a fully paid up Scoattish Separatist Cultist and I can ASSURE you that the word big is permitted. 

Ah yes, thats right they give you a list of what you can and can't say so you can repeat parrot fashion. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Ah yes, thats right they give you a list of what you can and can't say so you can repeat parrot fashion. 

As we all know that isn’t the case and there is no basis for your argument but it keeps you happy so bash on. Keep supporting the nutters down south who are keeping Scotland down. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

As we all know that isn’t the case and there is no basis for your argument but it keeps you happy so bash on. Keep supporting the nutters down south who are keeping Scotland down. 

Name the last SNP party member to disagree with Nicola Sturgeon and not get sent to the gulags and I'll agree that free speech exists in the SNP

15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Correct. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Name the last SNP party member to disagree with Nicola Sturgeon and not get sent to the gulags and I'll agree that free speech exists in the SNP

Name the last snp party member to disagree with Nicola sturgeon and get sent to the gulags. You’ll obviously need to provide some evidence 

9 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Name the last snp party member to disagree with Nicola sturgeon and get sent to the gulags. You’ll obviously need to provide some evidence 

Joanna Cherry?

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

😃

27 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It’s a cult and there is no openly allowed dissent . 

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-interview-charity-chief-nicola-murray-after-tweet-ending-referrals-to-edinburgh-rape-crisis-centre-plwgxfjfv

Anyone familiar with 1984 and the concept of 'wrong think' ? 

This is beyond farcical. Police being used as some sort of stormtrooper for the GRA obsessed to scare away any opposition. 

I've never heard of a police visit being justified as “We need to speak to you to ascertain what your thinking was behind making your statement.” when no crime has taken place. Complete and utter waste of police time and resources chasing what I can only describe as thought crime that appears to be in line with the European court of human rights... :D 

What place are we in as a country where this is determined not to be a total and utter waste of the limited resources the police have? 

Disgraceful and worrying . A women refuge is for women . It’s that simple . No ifs or buts. That GRA is hopefully getting a good swift kick to the balls 🏀 😂 and won’t made law . Poor frightened women who seek safety and support by going to a refuge may find that isn’t the case under these new laws . That particular case against that person is thought police gone mad 

Edited by JamesM48

8 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Joanna Cherry?

Are you asking a question? Is that and example backed up with any evidence 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

😃

It’s a cult and there is no openly allowed dissent . 

Again easy to throw this accusation around but actually backing it up with evidence rather than your own opinion is difficult 

Just now, jamboy1982 said:

Again easy to throw this accusation around but actually backing it up with evidence rather than your own opinion is difficult 

Yes but the issue is there is no open dissent which is impossible to believe in any party or Govt . Impossible 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Disgraceful and worrying . A women refuge is for women . It’s that simple . No ifs or buts. That GRA is hopefully getting a good swift kick to the balls 🏀 😂 and won’t made law . Poor frightened women who seek safety and support by going to a refuge may find that isn’t the case under these new laws . That particular case against that person is thought police gone mad 

Unable to read the article because of the paywall but this is beyond the pale for the police to become involved to this extent. I hope the SNP and Greens we not behind this intervention however nothing would surprise me. 

Talking to the officers, Murray, from Stanley, near Perth, was taken aback when she said they told her: “We need to speak to you to ascertain what your thinking was behind making your statement.”

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its genuinely baffling. Its a deeply emotive and complicated subject, but for me, women only spaces are there for a reason and that shouldn't be up for debate. To attempt to do is to be deliberately naïve which is insulting IMO. I have no issue at all with trans only spaces. 

Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, thats something both sides of this debate agree on, its just one side seem willing to disregard all views and debate labelling womens concerns as and I quote 'Not Valid'. 

I think a public forum where critics of the GRA like Joanna Cherry can put their views and arguments up against the likes of Sturgeon, Maggie Chapman and Kirsty Blackman. If we can't have a public debate without demonising the other side, then that suggests to me something is deeply amiss with what we're debating. The fact is that the GRA has a knock on effect on women and it seems right and correct that this is critiqued and examined properly as its an essential practise of good law making. 

The reality is when a former sex crimes prosecutor raises concerns about womens only spaces then there is a need to hit pause and reassess the impact of what you are doing. We're already seeing horror stories leaking into the press from prisons for example and its not good and deeply concerning. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its genuinely baffling. Its a deeply emotive and complicated subject, but for me, women only spaces are there for a reason and that shouldn't be up for debate. To attempt to do is to be deliberately naïve which is insulting IMO. I have no issue at all with trans only spaces. 

Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, thats something both sides of this debate agree on, its just one side seem willing to disregard all views and debate labelling womens concerns as and I quote 'Not Valid'. 

I think a public forum where critics of the GRA like Joanna Cherry can put their views and arguments up against the likes of Sturgeon, Maggie Chapman and Kirsty Blackman. If we can't have a public debate without demonising the other side, then that suggests to me something is deeply amiss with what we're debating. The fact is that the GRA has a knock on effect on women and it seems right and correct that this is critiqued and examined properly as its an essential practise of good law making. 

The reality is when a former sex crimes prosecutor raises concerns about womens only spaces then there is a need to hit pause and reassess the impact of what you are doing. We're already seeing horror stories leaking into the press from prisons for example and its not good and deeply concerning. 

Great posting ! 👏

10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Unable to read the article because of the paywall but this is beyond the pale for the police to become involved to this extent. I hope the SNP and Greens we not behind this intervention however nothing would surprise me. 

Talking to the officers, Murray, from Stanley, near Perth, was taken aback when she said they told her: “We need to speak to you to ascertain what your thinking was behind making your statement.”

“ thinking behind your statement “ is so concerning . Either a crime has been committed  or not irrespective of the thinking behind it ? Would they ask a house breaker their thinking behind their alleged crime ? 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Would they ask a house breaker their thinking behind their alleged crime ?

I was thinking of robbing a bank. Is that a crime now. Ghee I’m expecting a imminent knock on the door from Plod Scotland wanting to search my mind at any minute. 

13 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I was thinking of robbing a bank. Is that a crime now. Ghee I’m expecting a imminent knock on the door from Plod Scotland wanting to search my mind at any minute. 

Well it all depends on maybe why you were thinking of robbing the bank ? Do you hate banks ? 😎

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I think she was last seen mining coal with a hammer and chisel in Fife 

😮she might as well be doing that considering the lack of respect she gets from the SG. She does a great job in the HOC fighting the SNP corner and pulling up the opposition.  But Blackford seems to get all the kudos. 

Lord Montpelier
51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

😮she might as well be doing that considering the lack of respect she gets from the SG. She does a great job in the HOC fighting the SNP corner and pulling up the opposition.  But Blackford seems to get all the kudos. 

Cherry seems OK to be fair. Unlike a lot of others has some solid experience as well. Her face doesn't fit though and suspect the Almighty and Omnipotent One sees her as a threat to her dictatorship.