• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Another boot in the baws for the SG with this. About time too. What were they thinking really? Trying to curry favour with a minority with a policy which has serious impact on many others.  Hope they see sense and boot in into touch.

Nicola Sturgeon’s transgender reforms ‘could be harmful to women and should be stopped’ (msn.com)

snp should get the snip before any of their 16 y/o "self declared"

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

The problem is that the SNP and the Greens have a majority and unless some brave SNP/GREEN MSP or two vote against it will be passed. 

And the real problem here is if one SNP member even hints at disagreement, they are black balled from the party. So they just nod along like the sycophants that they are , "yes Nicola, of course you are always right."

Quite amazed this doesn't get called out more often. 

jack D and coke

James mate you now quote the Mail, Express and Telegraph but tell us how much you admired Jeremy Corbyn and how he was the best PM Britain never had on other threads….those papers destroyed that man and destroy what it is you say to want. Labour now welcome defecting right wing brexiteer tories into their ranks and banish actual Labour people who speak out for independence for Scotland. 

Sometimes your constant need to troll people about the snp and indy (that you just don’t care about at all) makes you look silly. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She can't and wont let go, the power rush of control over a population has gone to her head. 

It’s the telegraph ffs :lol: 

They (SNP) push too far and they’ll be out. People are starting to see they don’t have any intentions of pushing for independence. They don’t want it. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the telegraph ffs :lol: 

They (SNP) push too far and they’ll be out. People are starting to see they don’t have any intentions of pushing for independence. They don’t want it. 

Why dont you think they want it ? Genuine question. If it was me I'd be very worried about exacerbating economic problems at this point. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm confused by that article. Why shouldn't someone be allowed to self-declare their gender? That said the whole thing is dated hogwash imo.

Cause Bob the builder who is male can then self identify as a female and enters womens only spaces like swimming changing rooms and such places where women and girls rightly feel are safe places for them. it  also skewers offences that self identified " females" may commit. Ie rape. 

26 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The problem is that the SNP and the Greens have a majority and unless some brave SNP/GREEN MSP or two vote against it will be passed. 

Yep

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

snp should get the snip before any of their 16 y/o "self declared"

lol

22 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

And the real problem here is if one SNP member even hints at disagreement, they are black balled from the party. So they just nod along like the sycophants that they are , "yes Nicola, of course you are always right."

Quite amazed this doesn't get called out more often. 

Its a cult therefore they are frightened to speak out. Look what happened to Joanna Cherry ? 

21 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She can't and wont let go, the power rush of control over a population has gone to her head. 

Yep

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

James mate you now quote the Mail, Express and Telegraph but tell us how much you admired Jeremy Corbyn and how he was the best PM Britain never had on other threads….those papers destroyed that man and destroy what it is you say to want. Labour now welcome defecting right wing brexiteer tories into their ranks and banish actual Labour people who speak out for independence for Scotland. 

Sometimes your constant need to troll people about the snp and indy (that you just don’t care about at all) makes you look silly. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Why dont you think they want it ? Genuine question. If it was me I'd be very worried about exacerbating economic problems at this point. 

In my personal opinion they’re all about keeping hold of power now and only bang the indy drums around election time. Her coupon plastered over the campaign buses etc it’s all about her and her ego. Even her cameo at the end of the recent PPB it’s clearly about making herself some kind of celebrity. This last week they’ve been talking about indyref2 by end of 2023….now in the time between the first one to this point they haven’t really moved the dial one iota. There has been no plan, no vision or any positive answers to peoples legitimate questions about what happens to this that and the other. If they think starting a campaign in a year or so then answering everyone’s questions, laying out some coherent plan for the future and in turn convincing all the softer No’s to Yes to make some snap decision then they are completely and utterly deluded imo. 
The most unforgivable thing about all this is the gifts she’s had laid in her lap with the cluster**** of brexit, Johnson and this horrific govt. 

Its not a coincidence to me that the 3rd option was floated recently of this devomax  bullshit. 
Tested the water imo. Full of shit. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Another boot in the baws for the SG with this. About time too. What were they thinking really? Trying to curry favour with a minority with a policy which has serious impact on many others.  Hope they see sense and boot in into touch.

Nicola Sturgeon’s transgender reforms ‘could be harmful to women and should be stopped’ (msn.com)

Good! Let's have all the powers for our parliament. 

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is actual a simple reason for that .  When i sign on my laptop and open up sites the MSN site always comes up first and their headlines. They do tend to quote those papers therefore I then forward the link I Never read any BBC news or other news outlets unless on Twitter. Its not that I support  those " tory rags" its just they are most quoted on its front page.

Reading too much into in Jack sann, 

Edited by JamesM48

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

In my personal opinion they’re all about keeping hold of power now and only bang the indy drums around election time. Her coupon plastered over the campaign buses etc it’s all about her and her ego. Even her cameo at the end of the recent PPB it’s clearly about making herself some kind of celebrity. This last week they’ve been talking about indyref2 by end of 2023….now in the time between the first one to this point they haven’t really moved the dial one iota. There has been no plan, no vision or any positive answers to peoples legitimate questions about what happens to this that and the other. If they think starting a campaign in a year or so then answering everyone’s questions, laying out some coherent plan for the future and in turn convincing all the softer No’s to Yes to make some snap decision then they are completely and utterly deluded imo. 
The most unforgivable thing about all this is the gifts she’s had laid in her lap with the cluster**** of brexit, Johnson and this horrific govt. 

Its not a coincidence to me that the 3rd option was floated recently of this devomax  bullshit. 

👍

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There is actual a simple reason for that .  When i sign on my laptop and open up sites the MSN site always comes up first and their headlines. They do tend to quote those papers therefore I then forward the link I Never read any BBC news or other news outlets unless on Twitter. Its not that I support  those " tory rags" its just they are most quoted on its front page.

Reading too much into in Jack sann, 

I don’t think I am. These are the types of papers that try to get you to hate firefighters or doctors or teachers or immigrants and print shite about Johnson being some kind of hero ffs! 
The media in Britain is foul as **** man. Those papers are gutter press. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think I am. These are the types of papers that try to get you to hate firefighters or doctors or teachers or immigrants and print shite about Johnson being some kind of hero ffs! 
The media in Britain is foul as **** man. Those papers are gutter press. 

It works too.

They have, over the years, managed to fool a huge swathe of the population that they are middle class and that the only way to protect what you have and to stop Foot/Kinnock/Corbyn lefty trots from taking it all away from you is to vote Tory.

The reality is that everything they have is on chucky and they actually don't have a pot to pish in, but they're middle class.

Mugs. 

Absolute ****ing mugs. 

Lord Montpelier
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair summary

Cause Bob the builder who is male can then self identify as a female and enters womens only spaces like swimming changing rooms and such places where women and girls rightly feel are safe places for them. it  also skewers offences that self identified " females" may commit. Ie rape. 

I know I'm a stickler for pedantry, but it didn't mention male/female or sex in that article.

Gender is just a load of bobbins society made up about what people like and don't like and arbitrarily ascribed it by sex. If males want to like 'women' things, then they should be free to and vice versa. That's not the same as saying they can claim to be a female and go in the female changing rooms.

I agree with you, but either the article is terribly written (most likely) or they're talking about something else.

Edit: just re-read it and it does mention that later on but appears to just be using the two terms interchangeably. 

Yep

lol

Its a cult therefore they are frightened to speak out. Look what happened to Joanna Cherry ? 

Yep

Edited by Taffin

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know I'm a stickler for pedantry, but it didn't mention male/female or sex in that article.

Gender is just a load of bobbins society made up about what people like and don't like and arbitrarily ascribed it by sex. If males want to like 'women' things, then they should be free to and vice versa. That's not the same as saying they can claim to be a female and go in the female changing rooms.

I agree with you, but either the article is terribly written (most likely) or they're talking about something else.

Edit: just re-read it and it does mention that later on but appears to just be using the two terms interchangeably. 

The radical trans lobby deliberately conflate gender  and sex . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The radical trans lobby deliberately conflate gender  and sex . 

Ah, I'm not that close to it so skim reading the start of that article I couldn't really see the issue.

I'm anti-gender norms as you may have guessed. Big tough man who likes football and fighting vs delicate weak woman who likes make up and gossip. Blurrrghhh

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

"Sometimes" lol

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Perfectly chilled thanks Jeeb, I don't read the Tory press

Serious question ? What do you consider left leanings papers / social media ? I’ll look up them and see what They report about the issues I mentioned 

Jeffros Furios

Serious question ? What do you consider left leanings papers / social media ? I’ll look up them and see what They report about the issues I mentioned 

James O "Brien on LBC is quality as he rants and raves about issues that I also rant and rave about 😀

Dinnae ken if the Guardian is any good these days , 

Is there still a Pink News ?? I bet you're banned from any comments section 🙄 

jack D and coke

James O’Brien is good. I listen to him in the morning then chuck on some above and beyond or something in the afternoon. 

7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

James O "Brien on LBC is quality as he rants and raves about issues that I also rant and rave about 😀

:rofl:

The Mighty Thor
57 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

51 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

James O’Brien is good. I listen to him in the morning then chuck on some above and beyond or something in the afternoon. 

I usually listen to Nick Ferrari to see what the gammonati are saying then listen to James O'Brien feather opposite view. 

He's been on fine form lately 👍

On 25/01/2022 at 08:18, Taffin said:

That's the crux of it for me. I want independence and would have voted for them, but if I had I wouldn't be again. They've got a single purpose and despite the horror show in Westminster they're not a jot closer to delivering independence imo. Much like their other policies, they simply don't have the ability to deliver on things sadly.

Strongly suspect she doesn't have the will either - despite the electoral map being strongly yellow and Boris being on his needs she continues to kick the can down the road. She was on Sunday Politics recently and all I heard when she was as asked was yet more prevarication, what will it take for the stars to align?

manaliveits105

Social Care in Scotland in crisis says Audit Scotland 

SG playing catch up as usual - it’s no Indy so it’s no important enough

manaliveits105

Wee Kates found £120m down back of snp sofa to give cooncils after the cooncils rejected her budget 

it comes from UK funding of course 

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Wee Kates found £120m down back of snp sofa to give cooncils after the cooncils rejected her budget 

it comes from UK funding of course 

Get some new patter man. 😴

Lord Montpelier
16 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Social Care in Scotland in crisis says Audit Scotland 

SG playing catch up as usual - it’s no Indy so it’s no important enough

Westminsters fault, obviously 

3 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Never heard of him. Might give that a go.  

The Guardian is off its rocker now. Woke madness really,

I used to follow  " The Pink News" on Facebook but found that i was getting irritated by nearly every single article on it. There seems to be a real chasm of opinions,  perspectives and outlooks between older gays and the younger crowd. I lost it eventually when the PN kept referring to gay people  as " Queers".  I find that term really offensive and many older gays do . But they continue to  identify as  their readers as " queer". Needless to say I struggled and had daily debates with the trans lobby on the site too. it wasn't worth the daily abuse i got so I easily remedied that by unsubscribing. I feel sorry for the younger gay crowd in some ways as they havent got the resilience and life experience of the older gays who face so much disclination and abuse as it toughened us up . The young ones get their knickers in a twist if you call them by the wrong pro noun.  Tragic really.

Seymour M Hersh

Hmmmm.

"Nicola Sturgeon relied on the heft of the Bank of England to run up a record deficit during the pandemic, according to a new report that highlights the challenges Scotland would face in an emergency as an independent state.

Britain’s record peacetime deficit of 15.2pc of GDP was dwarfed by Scotland’s implied borrowing of 23.5pc, said David Phillips at the Institute of Fiscal Studies".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/28/nicola-sturgeon-relies-bank-england-amid-record-deficit/

23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hmmmm.

"Nicola Sturgeon relied on the heft of the Bank of England to run up a record deficit during the pandemic, according to a new report that highlights the challenges Scotland would face in an emergency as an independent state.

Britain’s record peacetime deficit of 15.2pc of GDP was dwarfed by Scotland’s implied borrowing of 23.5pc, said David Phillips at the Institute of Fiscal Studies".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/28/nicola-sturgeon-relies-bank-england-amid-record-deficit/

Quelle surprise. Its the SNP way. Spend spend spend. An endless credit card it seems 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The telegraph again. 
:facepalm: 

Stop shooting the messenger. Its real factual news no matter which media reports it. Stop living in a cocoon Jack sann

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop shooting the messenger. Its real factual news no matter which media reports it. Stop living in a cocoon Jack sann

There is no deficit.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

What’s this saan pish James? I don’t live in any cocoon but anyone who reads that paper or even worse works for it can sook my fecking baws. 
What to do James is look at the front page of these papers (Scottish editions) and tell me if there is ever, like EVER a positive piece on the SNP or anything they ever do. They’re on the font page every ****ing day in life so it won’t take too long for you to reach a conclusion. I’m not saying they should be above recourse but these papers are vermin and swallowed by British cult loonies. 
What other country has to listen to this shite that we’re getting bailed out? Have you seen how much resources are being pumped out of Scotland? The govt released figures to about gas. Who sold all this off? Stop trolling this thread James you look sillier every day. 

Saaaan. 

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Confirmed there is no deficit 

0148B081-C4D0-43BB-A738-40B841BAF218.jpeg

An inconvenient truth it seems . La la land thinking really . 

17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Confirmed there is no deficit 

0148B081-C4D0-43BB-A738-40B841BAF218.jpeg

:rofl:

I think you'll find that the received wisdom on JKB is that it's Scotland's money and Britain's debt. Not sure what Adam Smith would of made of that economic theory but that's where we are.

No matter how many times the unionists say it, it doesn't change the fact that Scotland does not and cannot have a defecit. 

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No matter how many times the unionists say it, it doesn't change the fact that Scotland does not and cannot have a defecit. 

Oh please, I think semantically you may be right but that isn't how a divorce would work now is it.

So England gives Scotland a budget to spend, which Scotland spends, without going a penny over. Then England tells Scotland how much money Scotland has overspent by. Is this correct? Obviously not as that would just be ridiculous