The rise and fall of The SNP.

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Irony about moaning !

The SNP chief fan dan

Bet you look as good as Blackturd in a kilt !

I would leave this now if I was you. You've been made to look like an absolute tit. 😊

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So nothing to moan about then.

That must stick in the SNP's throats.

I'm correct then! Not moaning either as that's a unionist thing as they're a bunch of deluded, hard of thinking trolls.

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I would leave this now if I was you. You've been made to look like an absolute tit. 😊

Nobody can look as big a tit as you 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

I see The SNP kickback calvary is out in force this morning !

There's a Yoon

Chaaaaaaaaaarge

Grab him 🤣

7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I see The SNP kickback calvary is out in force this morning !

There's a Yoon

Chaaaaaaaaaarge

Grab him 🤣

Get called out when talking nonsense 😉

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Get called out when talking nonsense 😉

What nonsense ?

If 2014 went your way these British warships are not getting built in Scotland

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What nonsense ?

Would've have negotiated what was ours and built more if necessary or spent money on more important things!

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Would've have negotiated what was ours and built more if necessary or spent money on more important things!

Aye defence isn't important to a country.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Aye defence isn't important to a country.

Didn't say that! We'd require a smaller force on everything and wouldn't want to play the UK game of "Billy Bigbaws"! We'd spend our money on other things. Wouldn't have nuclear weapons for start or useless aircraft carriers!

Scotland would need ships but doubt we would need or want warships. We would need some sort of coastal defence vessels, similar to other non-warmongering nations. We'll either get some as part of the divorce settlement or build them. Take our share of trident spending and we can build them out of our spare change

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Scotland would need ships but doubt we would need or want warships. We would need some sort of coastal defence vessels, similar to other non-warmongering nations. 

And we'd have thousands of recently unemployed local people to build them. 😁

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What nonsense ?

Don't talk poop, Babcock, a multi national company,  won the contract, initial design etc was carried out at Devonport, transfer of initial design and refinement carried out at Rosyth, build capability was only ever available at , Rosyth.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Don't talk poop, Babcock, a multi national company,  won the contract, initial design etc was carried out at Devonport, transfer of initial design and refinement carried out at Rosyth, build capability was only ever available at , Rosyth.

How many British warships have been built outwith the United Kingdom ?

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How many British warships have been built outwith the United Kingdom ?

Dunno... :berra:

The QE & PoW built at Rosyth, as a result of Babcock winning the contract to build them...Type 31  now in progress in the same way...Scotland may leave the UK, but there will be cooperation on projects such as this with multi national companies...

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Dunno... :berra:

The QE & PoW built at Rosyth, as a result of Babcock winning the contract to build them...Type 31  now in progress in the same way...Scotland may leave the UK, but there will be cooperation on projects such as this with multi national companies...

Scotland is still part of the UK

Still good for British warships to be built in Scottish shipyards 👍

What's not to like ?

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Scotland is still part of the UK

Still good for British warships to be built in Scottish shipyards 👍

What's not to like ?

The point is, that there is no reason for it not to continue post independence..

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Edited by Japan Jambo

11 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The point is, that there is no reason for it not to continue post independence..

I’d imagine the rUK would like to keep those contracts in house rather than handing them to a bitter newly formed independent country. Still we could always built our own ships for the newly formed Scottish navy. 

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’d imagine the rUK would like to keep those contracts in house rather than handing them to a bitter newly formed independent country. Still we could always built our own ships for the newly formed Scottish navy. 

If the SNP had their way Scotland probably wouldn't have any Armed Forces.

They are not a huge fan of money being spent on Defence

Konrad von Carstein
28 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Why would we be bitter?

From your tone it would seem that it would be certain Scots Unionist types who would be bitter.

We don't know what form the leaving discussions will take and I imagine that the defence of mainland Britain would form a part of them.

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If the SNP had their way Scotland probably wouldn't have any Armed Forces.

They are not a huge fan of money being spent on Defence

:lol:

Maroon Sailor
9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I see Westminster is giving the SG a wee £220m crimbo bonus. Freedumb tho!

Must still be enough room down the back of Sturgeon's sofa.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Why would we be bitter?

From your tone it would seem that it would be certain Scots Unionist types who would be bitter.

We don't know what form the leaving discussions will take and I imagine that the defence of mainland Britain would form a part of them.

The bitter part is irrelevant really. Defence would certainly be discussed but I don’t know what motivation a UK government would hand out contracts to an independent Scotland.   

On 19/12/2021 at 09:55, Maroon Sailor said:

Irony about moaning !

The SNP chief fan dan

Bet you look as good as Blackturd in a kilt !

Rattled :kirklol:

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

The bitter part is irrelevant really. Defence would certainly be discussed but I don’t know what motivation a UK government would hand out contracts to an independent Scotland.   

Yet it was the first descriptor you chose.

Why would Scotland be bitter?

And why wouldn't a UK government give contracts to companies from Scotland?

12 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I see Westminster is giving the SG a wee £220m crimbo bonus. Freedumb tho!

Seems it's an advance on our own money anyway. £220m now, £220 less in the future. Happy Crimbo though eh!

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems it's an advance on our own money anyway. £220m now, £220 less in the future. Happy Crimbo though eh!

:laugh2:

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:rofl:

Why would I be rattled by you ?🤣

Don't think you have corresponded with me in a decent way in all my time on here !

I don't lose any sleep over it though 🤣

jambos are go!
20 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

The Nats calling for borrowing powers to raise money from the markets at prevailing interest rates  and moaning about what they claim was just an interest free loan from Westminster. Economic illiteracy.

And what did they do when told that Westminster are unlikely to ask for the money back? They just shut up without a retraction never mind an apology and look for any other issue they can distort to promote the case for independence.

5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The Nats calling for borrowing powers to raise money from the markets at prevailing interest rates  and moaning about what they claim was just an interest free loan from Westminster. Economic illiteracy.

And what did they do when told that Westminster are unlikely to ask for the money back? They just shut up without a retraction never mind an apology and look for any other issue they can distort to promote the case for independence.

What distortion is needed? England decides our government.

30 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

If you think keeping Scotland in a fiscal strait jacket will stem support for independence, you are wrong. There is no good reason why Scotland can't have borrowing powers. Suggesting otherwise is just hyper partisan pish. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

If you think keeping Scotland in a fiscal strait jacket will stem support for independence, you are wrong. There is no good reason why Scotland can't have borrowing powers. Suggesting otherwise is just hyper partisan pish. 

Good post.

34 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Youre whole argument is based on the biggest elephant in the world in the room....ITS OUR BLOODY MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Youre whole argument is based on the biggest elephant in the world in the room....ITS OUR BLOODY MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

No! No!. It’s just handouts we get and we should be eternally grateful.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

No! No!. It’s just handouts we get and we should be eternally grateful.

Yip, someone from the "Scotland is shite" loony yoony brigade will be along quoting GERS in 3 - 2 - 1.....

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:lol: mental that it’s never portrayed that way. It’s always :munny:

you ungrateful sweatys. 

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Doesn't even matter if it is or not. Every country in the world borrows. Floating debt is not unusual in any way. It would actually be politically useful to both sides of the constitutional debate for it to happen. Unionist can claim hollyrood has the ability to go further. Nationalists can claim that it shows our potential and increases our financial credibility. I suspect the financial credibility bit is what has unionists a bit uneasy.

manaliveits105
48 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

The SG have no class or understanding of fiscal matters 

Just now, jambogaza said:

Doesn't even matter if it is or not. Every country in the world borrows. Floating debt is not unusual in any way. It would actually be politically useful to both sides of the constitutional debate for it to happen. Unionist can claim hollyrood has the ability to go further. Nationalists can claim that it shows our potential and increases our financial credibility. I suspect the financial credibility bit is what has unionists a bit uneasy.

As Jack D said above, its the way Scotland is portrayed. Cap in hand, begging, wouldn't survive without Westminster. Pish!

Even the defence secretary was at it saying the UK armed forces shouldn't be propping up Scotland's NHS crisis! Like Scotland isn't part of the UK currently...all the while the Scottish regiments are in England doing work "propping up" the English NHS! You couldn't make it up.

Does England ask the other 3 nations before it decides to borrow on whatever projects they see fit? Imagine if they did!

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The SG have no class or understanding of fiscal matters 

Remind me again about the UK's relationship with debt please? 

5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So wee Jimmy Grinchie is going to cancel the football for Xmas. 

Just picked up the tickets for the Ross County game earlier! Annoying, so will have to be pint instead. This is getting frustrating but understandable.