The rise and fall of The SNP.

9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I won't be pissing off. 

You're posting links without having any idea how credible they are. That's not clever. Make jelly or something and leave this thread to the grown ups. 

Tell me do you do credibility checks on everyone  or source you quote? Of course you don’t. 

Last word to you from me Bye

Edited by Boy Daniel

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, Savage Vince said:

You so realise that you are acknowledging now that you just post any old shite without any thought whatsoever whilst calling other people idiots and arseholes? 😁

see my last post muppet

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Tell me do you do credibility checks on everyone  or source you quote? Of course you don’t. 

Last word to you from me Bye

If I'm posting something where the credibility could be questioned then yes, unless feeling particularly lazy. I want to know what I'm talking about apart from anything else. We've all done it of course but you try to minimise posting shite!

Anyway, as I said, this is Westminster's decision so why's that Tory arsehole blaming Sturgeon?

12 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/cambo-oil-field-nicola-sturgeon-is-wrong-to-oppose-new-drilling-and-defending-oil-workers-jobs-is-not-hard-right-murdo-fraser-msp-3485192?amp

Possibly as many as 100,000 Scottish jobs will be lost with no plans for how they are to be replaced if the Scottish First Minister gets her way. This was not a policy or a plan for transition but it is possibly the most expensive press release in Scottish history.

https://bmmagazine.co.uk/news/sturgeon-faces-backlash-after-shell-pulls-out-of-north-sea-oilfield/?amp

Wood, one of Scotland’s most successful businessmen, described Sturgeon’s U-turn last month as “counterproductive and damaging”. He said that there was evidence that hydrocarbons would be needed to meet energy needs until at least 2060, and that prematurely ending operations would place up to 100,000 jobs at risk.

Thanks, although this does not support the original posters claims that 100,000 jobs will be lost due to Sturgeon's Cambo "decision". 

jack D and coke

We can’t base our independence on oil now comrades. Not only do we have to move on but it’s aw running oot and no worth buttons once you get it oot anyway. 
Just because Sir Ian told us the UK ( YES THE UK) can’t meet its balance of payments if we stop drilling for it we really have to leave it in the ground.

Edited by jack D and coke

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That’s politics, Smiffer.

I could run up to you, drop ma troos, fart in yer fizzer, cause you to choke and gag on the smell, and then blame you for having a nose.

From the leaders to the cheerers, that’s politics.

It's part of politics, the other part is people who actually read the full article pointing and going "bullshit, it's **** all to do with her"

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's part of politics, the other part is people who actually read the full article pointing and going "bullshit, it's **** all to do with her"

Not entirely fair or true Smithee. Shell made the decision only after she eventually got off the fence and set her stall out against it. They weighed up that the political risk and reputational damage was worth more than the incremental income. They'll no doubt sell their rights to someone lower down the food chain who holds less scruples than they do and redouble efforts in Nigeria or the like.

Don't understand why you don't just own this and have her take credit for taking a principled decision.

13 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Not entirely fair or true Smithee. Shell made the decision only after she eventually got off the fence and set her stall out against it. They weighed up that the political risk and reputational damage was worth more than the incremental income. They'll no doubt sell their rights to someone lower down the food chain who holds less scruples than they do and redouble efforts in Nigeria or the like.

Don't understand why you don't just own this and have her take credit for taking a principled decision.

It isn't her decision, Westminster decides.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

I sometimes wonder if you ever read what I write!!

I ignored the bit where you gave the giant company's thoughts, certainly.

I'd say it's much more likely that, as Sturgeon has **** all to do with the decision, Shell were quietly informed that WM wouldn't be approving it.

Either way, it's not Sturgeon's decision any more than having the world cup in Qatar was.

manaliveits105

Meanwhile in Never never land the krankies are going to spend £10m next year on shadow embassies whilst reducing council funding and teachers and nurses salaries in real terms 

SG absolute crackpots 

14C0D085-7F19-4F80-976A-650629593354.jpeg

You need quite a strong mind to resist the snp propaganda machine. Peek under their bonnet though and their gleaming Ferrari has the engine of a Vespa scooter.

54 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You need quite a strong mind to resist the snp propaganda machine. Peek under their bonnet though and their gleaming Ferrari has the engine of a Vespa scooter.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I see Smithee has exotic bedroom tastes. Poor creature is clearly unimpressed by his efforts mind😅 

Probably decided that it's best to sleep through it.

A Boy Named Crow
14 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

We can’t base our independence on oil now comrades. Not only do we have to move on but it’s aw running oot and no worth buttons once you get it oot anyway. 
Just because Sir Ian told us the UK ( YES THE UK) can’t meet its balance of payments if we stop drilling for it we really have to leave it in the ground.

The big players in the green hydrogen industry around the world see Scotland as a "future fuels superpower" due to abundant renewables, proximity to Europe etc.  

We should be leaving the black stuff in the ground, and really investing in hydrogen / ammonia production. 

12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aw naw mair bad news 

F55881E7-8C3E-407B-9CF0-275D28EB9541.jpeg

Being voted public enemy number one by the Free Speech Union is great news. Doing all the right things if that mob are annoyed at you. 👍🏻

The Mighty Thor
13 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Aw naw mair bad news 

F55881E7-8C3E-407B-9CF0-275D28EB9541.jpeg

Ah Toby Young. 

The Free Speech Union? One can only imagine. 

If you join Toby's FSU do you get a two-fer on a membership with the Critical (Unilaterally Named) Thinkers club?

manaliveits105

oooooooh the krankie pile on - good to see a reverting to the " gammon"  usage after being scared off the "uncle Tam " by racist threats 

keep fighting the good cause - what dates the referendum ?

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

oooooooh the krankie pile on - good to see a reverting to the " gammon"  usage after being scared off the "uncle Tam " by racist threats 

keep fighting the good cause - what dates the referendum ?

"Ooooooh" :laugh2:

Tell us again how you voted Yes, Uncle Tam Gammon

manaliveits105

OK I voted yes in 2014 only to find out that the snp had told us a complete pile of shit and we would have been in serious trouble rather than self sufficient after 3 years  and here we are 7 years later and despite new  people in charge they still have no answers to the critical independence questions whilst running the country down on most fronts . Their rabid supporters use of insults and emoticons to persuade non believers shows them up as very sad people .

£10million pounds on shadow embassies in coming year has got to be a joke or is the pandemic over ? 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

OK I voted yes in 2014 only to find out that the snp had told us a complete pile of shit and we would have been in serious trouble rather than self sufficient after 3 years  and here we are 7 years later and despite new  people in charge they still have no answers to the critical independence questions whilst running the country down on most fronts . Their rabid supporters use of insults and emoticons to persuade non believers shows them up as very sad people .

£10million pounds on shadow embassies in coming year has got to be a joke or is the pandemic over ? 

:laugh2:

Konrad von Carstein
35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Taking your story at face value, no matter how ever dubious it is, you say all of that but are delighted with Brexit (50 years before the country sees the benefit of that shitstorm apparently ) and the chumocracy that is in charge at Westminster!?

Billions of taxpayer's money literally given away and/or wasted, but yeah SNP bad.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Taking your story at face value, no matter how ever dubious it is, you say all of that but are delighted with Brexit (50 years before the country sees the benefit of that shitstorm apparently ) and the chumocracy that is in charge at Westminster!?

Billions of taxpayer's money literally given away and/or wasted, but yeah SNP bad.

As someone who spends half the year in Spain I voted NO to brexit and no one was more disappointed but we are  where we are now and there is no point in constantly whinging on about it we just have to get on 

as far as Scotland goes the current SG is awful.

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

As someone who spends half the year in Spain I voted NO to brexit and no one was more disappointed but we are  where we are now and there is no point in constantly whinging on about it we just have to get on 

as far as Scotland goes the current SG is awful.

Fair enough... But you said something long the lines of "Come on in the water's lovely"  in relation to Brexit and the potential for other exits from the EU, hope you can see how. I may have got the wrong end of the stick 🙈

Quite a few loony yoony rants on here these days :rofl:

Must be upset about their hero turning everything he touches to shit....well that and the SNP STILL haven't fallen despite the thread title :lol:

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Must be upset about their hero turning everything he touches to shit....well that and the SNP STILL haven't fallen despite the thread title :lol:

:greatpost:

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Hypocrites be a-hypocriting.

You never seem to pounce on any shite posts by the dafty a who go on about shortbread senate or haggis bashers etc. One mention of uncle tam or hoose jock and your on it like a flash :lol: 

There would be no posts or pile ons as he calls it (very, very touchy the daftys I’ll say that) about manalive if he would attenmpt (just once) to engage in a debate. He seems unable to🤷🏽‍♂️
But everyday day in life it’s more tsanumis/tidal waves - depending on your leader of choice - of complete pish he posts. I’ll have a bit of fun with it I mean no harm either but post steaming puddles of urine and get banged as they say😃

Maybe need to stop being so touchy you lot. 

Konrad von Carstein
31 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Shortbread isn’t a protected characteristic (yet!). Skin colour/race is. ;) 

Gammon isn't a racial skin colour (yet) either you bampot ;)

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:rofl: 

Whilst defending and championing the Conservatives day in, day out.  

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Do you not get that it's quite possible to not be a Tory (I've never voted for them in my life and can't see I ever will) but not support Scottish independence. 

Seymour M Hersh

According to the forecasts from the Scottish Fiscal Commission published at the end of last week, Scotland will still have a significant shortfall in income tax revenues over the next few years.

True, the Commission argues the shortfall would have been greater without the extra levy, but it is still way below targets and doing nothing to help fund public services. Indeed, despite tax rises worth an estimated £535m, one forecaster at the Institute for Fiscal Studies suggests Scotland will only have only an extra £6m to spend as a result of the changes.

Paul Johnson, the widely respected, and always strictly impartial director of the IFS, succinctly put it, the “Scottish government has implemented over £500m of income tax increases (equivalent to more than £5bn in UK terms). These have netted ‘nothing’ in additional revenues relative to no devolution. Scottish incomes have risen more slowly, and [the] income tax base has shrunk, relative to [the] UK.”

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We’ve raced this track before.

Yup...and in my humble opinion, you're point of view is incorrect...No need to labour the point further. :) 

manaliveits105
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

According to the forecasts from the Scottish Fiscal Commission published at the end of last week, Scotland will still have a significant shortfall in income tax revenues over the next few years.

True, the Commission argues the shortfall would have been greater without the extra levy, but it is still way below targets and doing nothing to help fund public services. Indeed, despite tax rises worth an estimated £535m, one forecaster at the Institute for Fiscal Studies suggests Scotland will only have only an extra £6m to spend as a result of the changes.

Paul Johnson, the widely respected, and always strictly impartial director of the IFS, succinctly put it, the “Scottish government has implemented over £500m of income tax increases (equivalent to more than £5bn in UK terms). These have netted ‘nothing’ in additional revenues relative to no devolution. Scottish incomes have risen more slowly, and [the] income tax base has shrunk, relative to [the] UK.”

Don’t confuse our resident know it all’s with facts 

33 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It has been said many times, and proven many times over. The higher the tax rates , the lower the tax take.

Its not rocket science, when a govt takes about the same as you from each hours labour , folks be avoiding.

16 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That would be a brilliant name for a horse 😂😂😂

Racing colours porky pink with red white and blue, gawd lav her