The rise and fall of The SNP.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Likely,

I'm betting over 200,000 daily cases before we go back to work in January.

It's out of control in London and many "Londoners" will have gone back to their families all across the UK  for Xmas. 1 in 7 London doctors off sick as at yesterday. 

Scot gov say their expected peak is end Jan / early Feb : a long way to go yet. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

It's out of control in London and many "Londoners" will have gone back to their families all across the UK  for Xmas. 1 in 7 London doctors off sick as at yesterday. 

Scot gov say their expected peak is end Jan / early Feb : a long way to go yet. 

Yip. Simple maths. Huge numbers daily = hospitals overwhelmed but....The bludy esenpee huz rooind ma kristmas likesy!!! cany evun git tae the fibaw coz eh wee kranky eh!!!

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Dont  forget to vote Unionist and ignore those nasty Natsis.

There are the people who should be leading us in our glorious union...

Liz Truss, Fornicator! Was that down one of the "Pork(ing) Markets?

While I'd like these to be true, what is the source?

Apparently Will Wragg likes a shower eh?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
https://twitter.com/mpallegations

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Liz Truss, Fornicator! Was that down one of the "Pork(ing) Markets?

While I'd like these to be true, what is the source?

Apparently Will Wragg likes a shower eh?

It's been around on Twitter for a while now and resurfaced today. 

It was to do with Gavin Williamson (then Tory chief whip) and his little book of secrets from a year or so ago. 

In the words of Alison Pearson at the Torygraph when she slagged off the entire BBC this week ,  "I don't know if it happened but it's believeable".

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

It's been around on Twitter for a while now and resurfaced today. 

It was to do with Gavin Williamson (then Tory chief whip) and his little book of secrets from a year or so ago. 

In the words of Alison Pearson at the Torygraph when she slagged off the entire BBC this week ,  "I don't know if it happened but it's believeable".

Just edited my post with the @mpallegations tag

9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

They are not overwhelmed just now and no evidence football is to blame if they were 

Do you ever read what you post? It's imbecilic behaviour. What's wrong with you? 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Likely,

I'm betting over 200,000 daily cases before we go back to work in January.

It'll be nearer to 2000000 than 1000000 by then. 

So it would seem that England has 40 times the amount of cases that Scotland has but its the Scotgov getting all the grief for trying to keep us out of hospital. 

0D499E59-6CE1-4C9F-A0AE-988DAF6F9108.jpeg

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

That’ll do donkeys that’ll do 

326E32F1-FEFA-43E4-82B2-6DAC7471BD19.jpeg

Need to give it a rest bud. Indy will never go away as long as Scots live!

41 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So it would seem that England has 40 times the amount of cases that Scotland has but its the Scotgov getting all the grief for trying to keep us out of hospital. 

But, but Krankie, Nippy or whatever childish names they call her is wrong! There's more roasters on here than there will be on Christmas Dinner plates!

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

But, but Krankie, Nippy or whatever childish names they call her is wrong! There's more roasters on here than there will be on Christmas Dinner plates!

Her new name is Natzi Nick although you can stick to Nippy if you want. Mind you don't burn your mooth on the roasters Roxy. Would be a wee shame that. 

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Her new name is Natzi Nick although you can stick to Nippy if you want. Mind you don't burn your mooth on the roasters Roxy. Would be a wee shame that. 

Hope you choke on yours, only kidding! 😉

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So far less cases but tougher restrictions. 

We're less than the other devolved countries too but Northern Ireland have spectators at sporting events. 

Presumably you'd be in favour of another lockdown as it would keep more out of hospital?

14 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How can the tories run down a Scottish health service they have never even been close to controlling for coming on 25 years?

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

How can the tories run down a Scottish health service they have never even been close to controlling for coming on 25 years?

She does not seem too bright 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

She does not seem too bright 

She's going to think long and hard before she gives the Scottish hospitality industry her custom ever again.

That'll work well in an Indy Scotland

I suspect she's moaning about things that don't directly affect her.

Universal credit, NHS unable to cope in an emergency, Zero hours contracts.

It's typical of reading and listening to what you want to hear so you can get bent out of shape.

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So far less cases but tougher restrictions. 

We're less than the other devolved countries too but Northern Ireland have spectators at sporting events. 

Presumably you'd be in favour of another lockdown as it would keep more out of hospital?

This its fairly easy to assume that tougher restrictions in Scotland is the reason we have fewer cases as a percentage of population. Lockdowns wont be needed if the fools get jabbed and follow the advice around mask wearing, hand washing and stop acting like there's not a pandemic amidst us. I have had 3 jabs, wear a mask etc and STILL got it through my work so now I am isolating, but there's a big section of society that just doesn't care and carry on regardless.

The ironic thing is the anti-vaxers are shouting that the masses (or sheeple as they call them) are being controlled, but it's THEM that wont be able to fly or visit certain events in the future without proof of vaccination. It's THEM who will be controlled.

17 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

isnt the NHS devolved? I actually thought that was that boot Janey Godley the SNP entertainment's ambassador . 

43 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This its fairly easy to assume that tougher restrictions in Scotland is the reason we have fewer cases as a percentage of population. Lockdowns wont be needed if the fools get jabbed and follow the advice around mask wearing, hand washing and stop acting like there's not a pandemic amidst us. I have had 3 jabs, wear a mask etc and STILL got it through my work so now I am isolating, but there's a big section of society that just doesn't care and carry on regardless.

The ironic thing is the anti-vaxers are shouting that the masses (or sheeple as they call them) are being controlled, but it's THEM that wont be able to fly or visit certain events in the future without proof of vaccination. It's THEM who will be controlled.

Did we have tougher restrictions than Wales and Northern Ireland prior to the forthcoming ones?

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Did we have tougher restrictions than Wales and Northern Ireland prior to the forthcoming ones?

Dunno mate, did we?

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dunno mate, did we?

I'm not sure that we did.

And we've managed vastly lower restrictions than England despite the dangerous mingling at sporting events and going to the bar in pubs.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not sure that we did.

And we've managed vastly lower restrictions than England despite the dangerous mingling at sporting events and going to the bar in pubs.

I was in Birmingham and Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. Jeezo, no masks, no distancing, no hand hygiene, nobody cares. Its no wonder covid is ripping through England. Looks like it did 3 years ago down there!

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I was in Birmingham and Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. Jeezo, no masks, no distancing, no hand hygiene, nobody cares. Its no wonder covid is ripping through England. Looks like it did 3 years ago down there!

England has it wrong I think but we're OTT.

45 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

I saw a guy has been arrested for inviting people on Facebook to a party at Nicola's house.

Everyone round to the Murrell’s drinks and nibbles, Black Bun and bring your own coal……. Oh wait! 

Edited by Boy Daniel

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Having spent far more time this year in Edinburgh than usual I'd say the tougher restrictions and willingness of people in Scotland to do the right thing has made all the difference.

There was a huge difference in the summer re mask wearing on public transport between England & Scotland, in my experience. Noticeably so on packed trains during the English half term holidays.

English folks in my experience on train travel just don't bother , not even when told it's mandatory on crossing the border. To the point now that I refuse to use public transport down here. 

Despite the vocal minority on here , my experience is Scots have a genuine feeling of "in it togther" where as down here no one gives a sh1t. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Having spent far more time this year in Edinburgh than usual I'd say the tougher restrictions and willingness of people in Scotland to do the right thing has made all the difference.

There was a huge difference in the summer re mask wearing on public transport between England & Scotland, in my experience. Noticeably so on packed trains during the English half term holidays.

English folks in my experience on train travel just don't bother , not even when told it's mandatory on crossing the border. To the point now that I refuse to use public transport down here. 

Despite the vocal minority on here , my experience is Scots have a genuine feeling of "in it togther" where as down here no one gives a sh1t. 

I'm not at all sure about what you describe as 'in it together' as I just don't see it. On public transport there is a significant, albeit minority, of non mask wears and after a few bus journeys like you I now simply avoid it. Any shopping trip will reveal countless mask ignorers. Ok, people can occasionally forget to wear a mask when they should, eg our very own First Minister, but what I see is a strutting defiance in some. It is like they are almost willing some brave person to challenge them. I have found the whole mask wearing exercise divisive, being irritated by those who clearly and deliberately ignore the rules and I'm probably not alone in this. 

Maroon Sailor

Don't see - in it together up here - when it comes to mask wearing on public transport or shops. More wear masks than not though.

As for the Aberdeen fans the other night singing - You can shove yer fecking boosters up yer arse - they are definitely not in it together.

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't see - in it together up here - when it comes to mask wearing on public transport or shops. More wear masks than not though.

As for the Aberdeen fans the other night singing - You can shove yer fecking boosters up yer arse - they are definitely not in it together.

Young guys at the football singing naughty songs (and about 20 of them) not really anything to mention. 
Stuff I sang at that age would get me lifted now. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Young guys at the football singing naughty songs (and about 20 of them) not really anything to mention. 
Stuff I sang at that age would get me lifted now. 

Naughty song ?

I don't think so - just a bunch of pricks sending out the wrong message imo

6 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

I saw a guy has been arrested for inviting people on Facebook to a party at Nicola's house.

Arrested for having a joke now.... country is screwed 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Naughty song ?

I don't think so - just a bunch of pricks sending out the wrong message imo

We’ll that too I suppose. Depending on your views..

54 minutes ago, Ked said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-59830333.amp

There isnt a thread for the SG so went for this one.

The SNP, or perhaps more accurately, Sturgeon and Morrell are effectively the Scottish Government so you are in the right place. I find this story quite sad actually. Scotland's record on drug deaths is shocking and rather than allow the experts to look at the issue properly and come up with proper workable solutions, they are being told to get a bend on just so that the SG doesn't look bad. Yes, I know that it is all the fault of the UK Govt. and Brexit, so they claim, but when it comes to looking good on matters of health and public wellbeing its a bit late for the SNP as their ship has well and truly sailed on that one. 

You are not paying attention when you let these things happen.

More a structural issue. Same with homelessness, something the Scottish Government would claim to have improved.

But maybe the 'speed' will produce results so to speak. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are not paying attention when you let these things happen.

More a structural issue. Same with homelessness, something the Scottish Government would claim to have improved.

But maybe the 'speed' will produce results so to speak. 

I suppose it depends on what the result it is you are chasing. A classic example is planning, where local authorities are pressed into making big planning decisions within 4 months of receiving an application. I'm talking about shopping centres, large housing estates and the likes, not house extensions. The application may be totally hopeless and missing vital information and when asked to provide it the developer may dither about and take an age but at the end of the day who looks bad for taking an age to determining the application; yes, you've guessed it, the local authority.  It is not unknown for example, for an application for say 100 houses to be submitted knowing that the site is suitable for say, 70, with the aim through negotiation to get somewhere in between. This all takes time to sort out. Meanwhile the good old SG sits back and tells the Council that it is really going to have to improve. Does it matter about quality, that what is being built is going to be there for a generation, that people will have to live with it for the rest of their lives?  Well yes, but it appears not as much as the SG looking good by being able to say that it is  improving the planning system by providing a quicker turnaround of planning applications. 

The same appears to be happening here with the drugs taskforce. Yes, speed will produce results, but will they be well considered and long lasting making a generational difference? Will we get the best results? Less likely. As with everything in politics, it is not about the long term.

Seymour M Hersh

Here's something Elsie and her mob can really get behind and support.

Scotland moves to pardon thousands executed as witches -- 400 years later

Come on the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon. Let's get the cult going and wind up the roasters! 

Nippy, nippolean, Elsie, Krankie get a move on. You need to make their day and continue to do so.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Come on the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon. Let's get the cult going and wind up the roasters! 

Nippy, nippolean, Elsie, Krankie get a move on. You need to make their day and continue to do so.

lol

FHxRiITXoAMXLnG.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Still peshed from New Years I see. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Still peshed from New Years I see. :rofl:

Just a wee check up that all is well. I'm sober 👍

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Just a wee check up that all is well. I'm sober 👍

Christ on a bike how crazy would you be when peshed?