The rise and fall of The SNP.

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But then if your being pedantic the majority in Scotland didnt vote SNP so why should they get an SNP govt ?

They didn't get an SNP majority, and it isn't a government, it's a regional assembly and a bucket of Kentucky fried arse in my opinion.

But that's a straw man anyway, if England votes Tory we get Tory, if England votes labour we get labour.

Grow a spine Scotland fs!

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I had to go back to 1974 to find an example, every election in the near half century since has been decided by England's electorate.

Be no different in Indy Scotland

Every election will be decided by the Weeg electorate.

Konrad von Carstein
36 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Be no different in Indy Scotland

Every election will be decided by the Weeg electorate.

Unless of course we choose not to adopt the fundamentally flawed FPTP system post independence...

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

They didn't get an SNP majority, and it isn't a government, it's a regional assembly and a bucket of Kentucky fried arse in my opinion.

But that's a straw man anyway, if England votes Tory we get Tory, if England votes labour we get labour.

Grow a spine Scotland fs!

It has a lot of powers for a regional assembly. 

Powers our current government are unwilling to use to their full extent despite apparently needing more money  

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It has a lot of powers for a regional assembly. 

Powers our current government are unwilling to use to their full extent despite apparently needing more money  

So? Westminster can take it all back whenever it wants, wtf is that?

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So? Westminster can take it all back whenever it wants, wtf is that?

In theory. 

I'm sure you know that would never happen.

In the same way the Queen could lead the armed forces against the government. 

Maroon Sailor
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve voted SNP for as long as I can remember and one things for sure I won’t be next time that’s for sure. And I’m not alone. 

They are a protest party. Even when in government they are still protesting.

Very weeg centric. Always the victims

2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

In theory. 

I'm sure you know that would never happen.

In the same way the Queen could lead the armed forces against the government. 

I don't know that at all and neither do you.

Westminster can do what it wants, Holyrood can do what it's permitted, and it can be taken away on a whim.

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't know that at all and neither do you.

Westminster can do what it wants, Holyrood can do what it's permitted, and it can be taken away on a whim.

Give me strength. 

There's a lot could happen without breaching our "constitution ".

Do you really see the repeal of the Scotland Act as a realistic possibility. 

Happy Christmas to all my little britain pals....You have already cooked the turkey in number 10 so I guess it'll be gammon that'll be getting served up on a plate at Christamas...lovely!

:kirklol:

29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Happy Christmas to all my little britain pals....You have already cooked the turkey in number 10 so I guess it'll be gammon that'll be getting served up on a plate at Christamas...lovely!

:kirklol:

:jjyay:

52 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Give me strength. 

There's a lot could happen without breaching our "constitution ".

Do you really see the repeal of the Scotland Act as a realistic possibility. 

Have all the strength you want, Westminster couldn't give a **** about Scotland and can whip it all away whenever it likes. It doesn't have to be likely to be a possibility.

But anyway, this thread's about the continued rise of the SNP

On 16/12/2021 at 02:52, jack D and coke said:

Been thinking and there is people who say they’d leave here if indy happened or whatever. You know what…**** you people! I’d never leave this place regardless! Everything and everyone I love is here…

Always found it weird when No Voters declare they will "Ieave the country if Scotland votes of Indie" - it's like some sort of 5yr old who hasn't got the capacity to think through the implications of what they are saying.

Imagine how illogical you'd have to be in order to give up your life in this country because of a political decision or thick skinned you would have to be in order to ignore that everone else would think they are a twat. 

It's just some sort of weirdo logic to decide that Indie means they'd have to move... 

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Always found it weird when No Voters declare they will "Ieave the country if Scotland votes of Indie" - it's like some sort of 5yr old who hasn't got the capacity to think through the implications of what they are saying.

Imagine how illogical you'd have to be in order to give up your life in this country because of a political decision or thick skinned you would have to be in order to ignore that everone else would think they are a twat. 

It's just some sort of weirdo logic to decide that Indie means they'd have to move... 

Some might have to move for work.

Not necessarily a bad thing as it will ease the housing problem for all these people wanting to make Scotland their home.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not necessarily a bad thing as it will ease the housing problem for all these people wanting to make Scotland their home.

No doubt that some people will have to move for work but the undertones of the "i'll move" types are about an intolerance to accepting Indie/intolerance to Scotland leaving the union.

It is a bit sinister and very much banging fists on the table/spoiled child sort of behaviour. 

As a follow up - on the work front i do believe that the "jobs will move South" card is vastly overplayed. 

In finance for example they talked about compliance roles moving and no doubt that some experienced people may be asked to move. The counter argument is that Compliance requirements/oversight doesn't just suddenly stop happening because of Indie, if anything it results in sustaining/creating other associated roles. 

Banks are pretty good at looking after themselves - Scotland has a significant number of domestic and International banks operating across the central belt. Indie creates some uncertainty but also a lot of opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

As a follow up - on the work front i do believe that the "jobs will move South" card is vastly overplayed. 

In finance for example they talked about compliance roles moving and no doubt that some experienced people may be asked to move. The counter argument is that Compliance requirements/oversight doesn't just suddenly stop happening because of Indie, if anything it results in sustaining/creating other associated roles. 

Banks are pretty good at looking after themselves - Scotland has a significant number of domestic and International banks operating across the central belt. Indie creates some uncertainty but also a lot of opportunity. 

Maybe you are right, but I am aware that my brother, who works in the financial sector, was involved in  contingency plans prior to the last referendum that would have seen a significant employer shut down its Edinburgh operation and move lock, stock and barrel down to London. Obviously, there would be quite a few employees that would not wish to move and the business was prepared for this; those at a certain level keen to stay in Edinburgh would be accommodated by being flown down every Monday and back up on a Friday.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

Maybe you are right, but I am aware that my brother, who works in the financial sector, was involved in  contingency plans prior to the last referendum that would have seen a significant employer shut down its Edinburgh operation and move lock, stock and barrel down to London. Obviously, there would be quite a few employees that would not wish to move and the business was prepared for this; those at a certain level keen to stay in Edinburgh would be accommodated by being flown down every Monday and back up on a Friday.

I worn the sector. If we ever vote for independence, then the separation of a UK bank into a Scottish bank and a rest of UK bank shouldn't be that complicated.

I reckon anywhere between 18 months to 2 years should see it done. That's of course provided we use recognised currency and not some new one, to tide us through until we are forced to use Euro in our EU rejoin attempt 

Add in another year or 2 for that exercise and by about 5 years, we should have some sort of system.

Of course payments to rest of UK will be cross border payments and subject to controls, mortgages will need to be moved, and then pension funds will need to be sorted to cover currency fluctuations.

We will of course be subject to different tax legislation as HMRC rules won't apply so these will have to be built into system as well as people get used to them.

Pensions people are paying into now will be thorny subject as funds from Scottish residents will need to be separated from rest of UK residents as different tax status will apply and different investment rules will need to o be followed.

Be careful what you wish to or cause to his us going to be messy.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I worn the sector. If we ever vote for independence, then the separation of a UK bank into a Scottish bank and a rest of UK bank shouldn't be that complicated.

I reckon anywhere between 18 months to 2 years should see it done. That's of course provided we use recognised currency and not some new one, to tide us through until we are forced to use Euro in our EU rejoin attempt 

Add in another year or 2 for that exercise and by about 5 years, we should have some sort of system.

Of course payments to rest of UK will be cross border payments and subject to controls, mortgages will need to be moved, and then pension funds will need to be sorted to cover currency fluctuations.

We will of course be subject to different tax legislation as HMRC rules won't apply so these will have to be built into system as well as people get used to them.

Pensions people are paying into now will be thorny subject as funds from Scottish residents will need to be separated from rest of UK residents as different tax status will apply and different investment rules will need to o be followed.

Be careful what you wish to or cause to his us going to be messy.

Yes, it will have challenges, there will be things to sort out.

But what are we? The shittest nation on earth or something? These aren't impossibilities, they're just the stuff that needs sorted

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes, it will have challenges, there will be things to sort out.

But what are we? The shittest nation on earth or something? These aren't impossibilities, they're just the stuff that needs sorted

Just don't be believing it will be simple. Me, if it happens in next 3 or so years, I'll be busy.

After that, I'll be retired and enjoying life, regardless of whose governing Scotland.

Hopefully we'll be free of restrictions by then.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just don't be believing it will be simple. Me, if it happens in next 3 or so years, I'll be busy.

After that, I'll be retired and enjoying life, regardless of whose governing Scotland.

Hopefully we'll be free of restrictions by then.

Don't be believing it'll be down to the denizens of jkb to sort it out!

Of course setting up a nation will be complicated, but I can't accept it's so complicated it'll be beyond us, as many like to pretend

Malinga the Swinga
On 14/12/2021 at 09:09, Alex Kintner said:

Genuinely don’t want another ref in the next three years. It’ll be a No result I feel. Sometime around 2025/2026 would be ideal when the full impact of Brexit is known and Covid is (hopefully) well under control. Another 5 years of younger voters eligible by then too.

Yeah, another three years of negative politics. If they want independence, let's get on with it. Call it now, demand it, and don't except a no.

Have the courage of your convictions. Let's get it decided.

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Don't be believing it'll be down to the denizens of jkb to sort it out!

Of course setting up a nation will be complicated, but I can't accept it's so complicated it'll be beyond us, as many like to pretend

Don't think it's beyond us, but don't think it is as straight forward as some would have you believe.

The citizens of JKB will be to the fore, no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't think it's beyond us, but don't think it is as straight forward as some would have you believe.

The citizens of JKB will be to the fore, no doubt about it.

Where is the money coming from because day after Jockxit the block grant is reduced 20% in line with actual revenues and the rest will be subject to protracted negotiation including removal of sterling , debt share and border arrangements. The backdrop will be a massive downturn as businesses and skilled people leave to protect themselves from chaos, uncertainty and hardships. Start up Scotland would be like launching a wreck from a dry dock and expecting it to float. The snp are no master ship builders. No iceberg needed to sink their hole filled muddle steamer.

Edited by JackLadd

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Where is the money coming from because day after Jockxit the block grant is reduced 20% in line with actual revenues and the rest will be subject to protracted negotiation including removal of sterling , debt share and border arrangements. The backdrop will be a massive downturn as businesses and skilled people leave to protect themselves from chaos, uncertainty and hardships. Start up Scotland would be like launching a wreck from a dry dock and expecting it to float. The snp are no master ship builders. No iceberg needed to sink their hole filled muddle steamer.

There won't be any shipyards or Naval Bases in an Indy Scotland if Grinch Sturgeon gets her way.

Has she visited Rosyth or Faslane since she's been FM ?

If she has I bet she felt uncomfortable.

manaliveits105

Ms Murrell  will not be visiting the North East either she  is running out of places to feel comfortable - the supreme leader of Glasgow Southside will just move into the weegie tv studios permanently 

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There won't be any shipyards or Naval Bases in an Indy Scotland if Grinch Sturgeon gets her way.

Has she visited Rosyth or Faslane since she's been FM ?

If she has I bet she felt uncomfortable.

Ta ta Naval Bases then..byeee. 😊

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ta ta jobs 

Correct , a pathetic post from strange Vincent .

Jeffros Furios
17 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

What's pathetic about it? 

Really ??   1000s of locals losing thier jobs and you find it funny ? 

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Really ??   1000s of locals losing thier jobs and you find it funny ? 

Where are these 1000s of locals working? 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Where are these 1000s of locals working? 

They are civilians employed on base or thier work is directly related to the naval bases .

It's pretty obvious Vincent and could apologise you your lack of decency .

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

They are civilians employed on base or thier work is directly related to the naval bases .

It's pretty obvious Vincent and could apologise you your lack of decency .

Which bases? 

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Which bases? 

**** me Vinny,  have a :cornette:and have a pleasant Saturday .

19 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

**** me Vinny,  have a :cornette:and have a pleasant Saturday .

You could just stop foaming at the mouth for a bit and tell me which bases these thousands of local people work at though? 

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

You could just stop foaming at the mouth for a bit and tell me which bases these thousands of local people work at though? 

If you want to be foaming at the mouth Vinny im sorry but you've got the wrong guy :stantoned:

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

I want to know the thousands too. Jackie Baillie was lying, as per usual, about this a while back. Some of the local community and suppliers etc would be affected but I don't think it would be thousands. 

Job losses of any kind are not good but get those nuclear weapons out of Scotland!

Maroon Sailor

Good to know type 26 and type 31 frigates will be built in Scottish shipyards.

Must stick in a few SNP throats that.

Bit of luck they'll get the 3 solid support ships as well.

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I want to know the thousands too. Jackie Baillie was lying, as per usual, about this a while back. Some of the local community and suppliers etc would be affected but I don't think it would be thousands. 

Job losses of any kind are not good but get those nuclear weapons out of Scotland!

Good luck getting an answer from the slaverchops I've asked 3 or 4 times. 😁

It's probably just another Yoon lie. 🤥

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Good luck getting an answer from the slaverchops I've asked 3 or 4 times. 😁

It's probably just another Yoon lie. 🤥

:glorious:

Konrad von Carstein
8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good to know type 26 and type 31 frigates will be built in Scottish shipyards.

Must stick in a few SNP throats that.

Bit of luck they'll get the 3 solid support ships as well.

Why would it?

7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why wouldn't it ?

Scottish taxes help build them and so we part own them. The SNP will be delighted as just another issue to bargain with as they are accrued assets. 

If Scotland becomes independent then defence amongst a huge range of other assets we share will be negotiated. If we take debt, we take assets we've contributed to. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scottish taxes help build them and so we part own them. The SNP will be delighted as just another issue to bargain with as they are accrued assets. 

If Scotland becomes independent then defence amongst a huge range of other assets we share will be negotiated. If we take debt, we take assets we've contributed to. 

So nothing to moan about then.

That must stick in the SNP's throats.

So nothing to moan about then.

That must stick in the SNP's throats.

Seems its you doing all the moaning for everyone!

Think Scotland is due that order given the lies we were given on the last round of ships that were supposed to be built here. What was it? 14 promised or something and we ended with about 3?

Anyway, youre the kind of Yoon that would celebrate the contracts being awarded to Denmark or wherever instead of Scotland. Thats youre lot’s M.O. The “Scotland is shite (unless its being ran by Westminster) brigade”. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems its you doing all the moaning for everyone!

Think Scotland is due that order given the lies we were given on the last round of ships that were supposed to be built here. What was it? 14 promised or something and we ended with about 3?

Anyway, youre the kind of Yoon that would celebrate the contracts being awarded to Denmark or wherever instead of Scotland. Thats youre lot’s M.O. The “Scotland is shite (unless its being ran by Westminster) brigade”. 

Irony about moaning !

The SNP chief fan dan

Bet you look as good as Blackturd in a kilt !

Edited by Maroon Sailor