• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smithee

• jack D and coke

• Space Mackerel

• manaliveits105

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Do you need another reminder on the billions they subsidise your failed snp with? 

You mind breaking that down for me also tell me how many billions we send to Westminster. They're 2 trillion in debt!

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Point has been made but fair play to him he is voting with his heart and someone else's wallet :) 

Voting with my head. What's my wallet got to do with it? If it cost's me money with self governance then so be it.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The only honest thing about him will be the poverty he'll experience if his heart gets its way. I bet he beats me to the border on the way out once the penny drops. He'll have it floored on the M74 hard shoulder with Mrs Roxy shouting faster wee man.

I like England immensely and have family and friends down there in various places. Mrs Roxy voted No last time but maybe Yes next time.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Poster number one asks poster number 2  about the “  astonishing “ list of SNP failures ?  poster number 2  duly provides this list . Poster number 1 goes apeshit and lashes out , making groundless unproven claims about poster 2 . Dearie me . I can’t wait for the Indy 2 thread when it starts up

in 2030 ! 

2F08D048-0922-47A4-A9B7-A59EBA185170.gif

3ACAC7E3-FC0D-4A7C-8AD1-D7F658673A2C.gif

F254B9F4-B8E5-419E-B814-B5295FF3FD28.gif

E776AEF8-FBE0-4CBF-AAB6-57EF8ED0DD27.jpeg

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Look a little harder for my response dough-ball. 

Apologies, totally missed it. 👍🏻 I did enjoy being called a dough-ball for the first time since primary school so it was worth it 😄

On 24/11/2021 at 12:37, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was expecting something from independent sources not SNP propaganda. I should have known really. So in essence I was correct to be sceptical of your seriousness. 

Admittedly it’s the SNP’s own site however every almost claim is backed with a link to the relevant policy document or consultation paper on the ScotGov website so it’s not like they’re just making spurious claims. There’s probably lots of independent sites with similar info but liked the fact it was set out so coherently and had the relevant policy links.

9 hours ago, pablo said:

It's a funny one for Sturgeon...she's been such a huge figure in Scottish politics for so long, but what's she actually achieved in all this time? There's not going to be any big ticket items in her legacy.

All a bit disappointing. She can't deliver the break up of the UK, her record on devolved matters is poor. Division and a smattering of identity politics is a measly return.

I think Salmond’s one-mindedness about Indy probably stifled pursuit of other key policies and I think Sturgeon has achieved a better balance.

In terms of legacy, the Domestic Abuse bill was groundbreaking on a world scale. It has made such a difference to so many people already and paved the way for other countries to follow.

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Apologies, totally missed it. 👍🏻 I did enjoy being called a dough-ball for the first time since primary school so it was worth it 😄

I doubt that. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think you know what I meant. 

I don’t tend to hang about with 8 year olds so I’ve not been called a doughball (or poopyhead or wally) for many a year. Been called much worse though 🤪

23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not too shabby after 14 years of failing government.🤷🏻‍♂️

This fall of the snp is sure taking some time. No wonder the op gave up 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I think Salmond’s one-mindedness about Indy probably stifled pursuit of other key policies and I think Sturgeon has achieved a better balance.

In terms of legacy, the Domestic Abuse bill was groundbreaking on a world scale. It has made such a difference to so many people already and paved the way for other countries to follow.

Thanks for your reply Alex. I'm going to admit that I'm not aware of the reach of that particular Bill nationally or internationally, but fair play if that's right, such is importance of the subject matter.

However given the power at her disposal, the cast iron grip of both her party and  government, the huge approval ratings and more importantly, the length of her time at the top to make a mark.......

I can't see anything other than the Sturgeon years being judged by History, as an underachievement. 

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Thanks for your reply Alex. I'm going to admit that I'm not aware of the reach of that particular Bill nationally or internationally, but fair play if that's right, such is importance of the subject matter.

However given the power at her disposal, the cast iron grip of both her party and  government, the huge approval ratings and more importantly, the length of her time at the top to make a mark.......

I can't see anything other than the Sturgeon years being judged by History, as an underachievement. 

The Domestic Abuse bill was the first in the world to recognise emotional abuse and coercive control as domestic abuse. Many countries have followed suit.

Other key achievements off the top of my head are the 1140 hours of childcare, the baby box, no tuition fees, free prescriptions and free school meals for p1-3. I’m sure there would be plenty more if I was to look but the thing that makes the above jump into my head is that they make clear, measurable differences to people’s lives, especially those of me and my family.

The Mighty Thor
27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This fall of the snp is sure taking some time. No wonder the op gave up 

Who was the OP again? 

Tripper?

If so Sturgeon systematically ruined him before Salmond-gate delivered the coup-de-grace. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Who was the OP again? 

Tripper?

If so Sturgeon systematically ruined him before Salmond-gate delivered the coup-de-grace. 

No it was the midnight slaver Zlatanable. 
Tripper’s Salmond thread and general SNP obsessions were also FAF. 
Two of them :lol: 

295FBADE-E7B1-4617-B4F3-C3B37663C882.jpeg

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:jjyay:

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ah so it was.

The volume of slavering on this thread means they all just blend into one. 

Meanwhile the SNP continue to live rent free in many heads. 

:greggy:

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The poster should've been named Dracula as he/she only came out at night. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The poster should've been named Dracula as he/she only came out at night. 

He'll always be the midnight gobshite to me

16 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

The Domestic Abuse bill was the first in the world to recognise emotional abuse and coercive control as domestic abuse. Many countries have followed suit.

Other key achievements off the top of my head are the 1140 hours of childcare, the baby box, no tuition fees, free prescriptions and free school meals for p1-3. I’m sure there would be plenty more if I was to look but the thing that makes the above jump into my head is that they make clear, measurable differences to people’s lives, especially those of me and my family.

Yeah, that's what I meant. There's little of magnitude in there. It's a poor return when you consider what's she's had at her disposal to make a difference.

Sturgeon doesn't have a smoking ban type achievement. Something that really made a difference. Scotland led and the UK followed. Minimum Unit Pricing of alcohol would probably be the closest, but doesn't match the smoking ban.

She won't be remembered for anything of great significance.

Alex Kintner
14 minutes ago, pablo said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. There's little of magnitude in there. It's a poor return when you consider what's she's had at her disposal to make a difference.

Sturgeon doesn't have a smoking ban type achievement. Something that really made a difference. Scotland led and the UK followed. Minimum Unit Pricing of alcohol would probably be the closest, but doesn't match the smoking ban.

She won't be remembered for anything of great significance.

Couldn’t disagree more and if you think things like free school meals, 1140 hours of free childcare and no tuition fees won’t “really make a difference” to the prospects of Scottish children then, with respect, you don’t have a clue. 👍🏻

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Couldn’t disagree more and if you think things like free school meals, 1140 hours of free childcare and no tuition fees won’t “really make a difference” to the prospects of Scottish children then, with respect, you don’t have a clue. 👍🏻

I don't think you understand. I'm talking about her legacy, not some random routine stuff you would expect from any administration managing a budget.

So if the Smoking ban is recognised as devolution's greatest achievement. Or up there. What's Sturgeon's one big ticket item of similar stature? Just say it and we'll compare.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I don't think you understand. I'm talking about her legacy, not some random routine stuff you would expect from any administration managing a budget.

So if the Smoking ban is recognised as devolution's greatest achievement. Or up there. What's Sturgeon's one big ticket item of similar stature? Just say it and we'll compare.

Mother of the People's Republic of Scotland.

All hail the Eternal Empress!

Just now, Smithee said:

Now that would be an achievement and a legacy worth discussing.

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm not that into her but I suppose some would point at minimum unit pricing for alcohol and the sugar thing

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not that into her but I suppose some would point at minimum unit pricing for alcohol and the sugar thing

Yeah, that's what I suggested in an earlier post too. Slim pickings considering the length of time and power she's had. Ho hum.

Just now, pablo said:

Yeah, that's what I suggested in an earlier post too. Slim pickings considering the length of time and power she's had. Ho hum.

You reckon? Pretty amazing considering the time she's had if you ask me!

Blair - war criminal

Cameron - pig shagging country ****er

May - just a mess

Boris - ...

If that's her legacy she can be proud by comparison.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You reckon? Pretty amazing considering the time she's had if you ask me!

Blair - war criminal

Cameron - pig shagging country ****er

May - just a mess

Boris - ...

If that's her legacy she can be proud by comparison.

She's not the Prime Minister! Her legacy can only be judged against those of other First Ministers since devolution.  So she's up against the smoking ban probably? But has had more power over more time than other....

Alex Kintner
27 minutes ago, pablo said:

Why does it have to be about one big ticket item? Why can’t it be a series of policies and improvements that improve the life chances of children and young people?

If you’re absolutely insistent one headline-grabbing policy then it would be the Domestic Abuse bill which was the first of its kind in the world to formally recognise emotional abuse and coercive control and children as victims and not witnesses.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

She's not the Prime Minister! Her legacy can only be judged against those of other First Ministers since devolution.  So she's up against the smoking ban probably? But has had more power over more time than other....

I didn't say she was, but we're talking about political legacies here.

I'll leave you to it, I don't really care tbh.

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Why does it have to be about one big ticket item? Why can’t it be a series of policies and improvements that improve the life chances of children and young people?

If you’re absolutely insistent one headline-grabbing policy then it would be the Domestic Abuse bill which was the first of its kind in the world to formally recognise emotional abuse and coercive control and children as victims and not witnesses.

Thanks Alex

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say she was, but we're talking about political legacies here.

I'll leave you to it, I don't really care tbh.

No problem. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

You know why Alex? It's because it's the SNP! Sometimes it's not worth bothering with the Westminster disciples! 

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Free school meals - these have always been available to those in need, and for those with cash have little impact. Why do so many children spend their time hanging round corner shops stuffing their faces with carry outs? Free child care has always, once again, been available to the less well off. Working parents have to put their children somewhere and always recognised it as a cost. I wonder how much of the saving goes to enriching the child rather than funding a luxury for the parents? No tuition fees - it certainly gives greater access to further education, but I'm far from convinced that the benefits are worth it. Too many children, who are not aided by the failing educational standards of Scottish schools and are not geared up academically, flood the college system when they would be better learning on the job. One of my ex colleagues thought going to college would be a good idea and found the class full of teenagers who did no work at all, behaved disgracefully and saw it as an extension to school, which they had never been interested in anyway.  

I for one would see a better legacy being an education system that educates and a health service that increases life expectancy. Sorry to say that the Scottish Government has failed in delivering either.  

Edited by henryheart
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Independence 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Shouldn't this be on the 'older women you have a crush on' thread Smithee? 😉

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, henryheart said:

Free school meals - these have always been available to those in need, and for those with cash have little impact. Why do so many children spend their time hanging round corner shops stuffing their faces with carry outs? Free child care has always, once again, been available to the less well off. Working parents have to put their children somewhere and always recognised it as a cost. I wonder how much of the saving goes to enriching the child rather than funding a luxury for the parents? No tuition fees - it certainly gives greater access to further education, but I'm far from convinced that the benefits are worth it. Too many children, who are not aided by the failing educational standards of Scottish schools and are not geared up academically, flood the college system when they would be better learning on the job. One of my ex colleagues thought going to college would be a good idea and found the class full of teenagers who did no work at all, behaved disgracefully and saw it as an extension to school, which they had never been interested in anyway.  

I for one would see a better legacy being an education system that educates and a health service that increases life expectancy. Sorry to say that the Scottish Government has failed in delivering either.  

😂 Suggest you do some reading up about the 1140 hours policy as you clearly have no idea what it is.

Have a wee think about the free schools meals as well while you’re at it and see if you can puzzle out why it’s a good thing that every p1-3 is guaranteed at least one hot meal a day, regardless of whether they’re working class or upper class…

Edited by Alex Kintner
coconut doug
6 hours ago, pablo said:

Don't you think the FM should get some credit for our internationally recognised and statistically proven efficient rollout of the vaccine which has led to 86% of expected deaths being avoided?

Nicola was FM in acountry that managed to do this despite initially being led down the wrong path by UKgov that cost Scotland about 2,000 lives. Did she not show real leadership and understanding of the issues involved despite being under constant presure from a hostile media and UK gov? The Scottish government has delivered when it mattered and saved hundreds lives that would not have been saved if we had taken the same approach as Westminster.

The legacy will be that Scotland under the SNP has outperformed the UK gov in almost every area of government for almost the entire time it has been in power.

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Shouldn't this be on the 'older women you have a crush on' thread Smithee? 😉

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

48 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

😂 Suggest you do some reading up about the 1140 hours policy as you clearly have no idea what it is.

Have a wee think about the free schools meals as well while you’re at it and see if you can puzzle out why it’s a good thing that every p1-3 is guaranteed at least one hot meal a day, regardless of whether they’re working class or upper class…

I appreciate your kind advice and am so glad that I gave you the opportunity to patronise me and have a good laugh/cry at my ignorance. You are obviously an expert. There is, however, really no need for me to go away and have a 'wee think' about the reality of free school meals or read up about the 1140 hours policy as you call it; I know a good bit about how early years learning/education works and how it is used as I'm continually told about it by my wife who works in the sector. Obviously you find my comments unacceptable, but that is inevitable as I've simply drawn different conclusions than you have.  

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I appreciate your kind advice and am so glad that I gave you the opportunity to patronise me and have a good laugh/cry at my ignorance. You are obviously an expert. There is, however, really no need for me to go away and have a 'wee think' about the reality of free school meals or read up about the 1140 hours policy as you call it; I know a good bit about how early years learning/education works and how it is used as I'm continually told about it by my wife who works in the sector. Obviously you find my comments unacceptable, but that is inevitable as I've simply drawn different conclusions than you have.  

Nah, you’ve actually shown you don’t actually understand it. I suggest you ask your wife 😉

20 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

An example in the news today of the kind of cases that can now be prosecuted thanks to this Bill 👇🏻
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/jealous-boyfriend-controlled-partners-social-25546939?fbclid=IwAR3EFzpm1RnPx3T5qSiC8x1dG1BwQtRdCbQP-0EzutAhR7sKqiu_3W62o2g

Edited by Alex Kintner

Yes many of the SNP polices appear brilliant on the surface but many create a culture of dependency on the state providing everything. Best way out of poverty is work. Its as simple as that. Working also proves a sense of achievement and self esteem instead of sitting at home maxed out on benefits.  Where is the incentive or motivation to work ? 

Yes minimal wage etc needs increased to reflect rising prices and costs   and i Know that many on benefits are working too but there are some people who have become dependant on the state and have no motivation to work as it doesn't " pay".  I have no issue with the financial costs of those projects to help parents as I would rather it was spent on this than nuclear submarines , Its the principle of trying to motivate and encourage people that there is a better life out as a working person.  There really is. However some get caught in the culture of dependency. I know there are numerous barriers which can  impede peoples  access to  work or further education.  Tackle them.  

Their polices regarding family life have always been intrusive , Their failed " Named  Person" policy was the perfect example of the state overreaching into family life. Thank god it got binned.  It made the assumption that the state has the child's best interests and safety  at heart and not the parents. There is already adequate protections and safeguards from children from birth from  hospital staff to mid wives to health visitors then nursery then school. They can all monitor any child and if concerned raise it with the relevant authorities. 

Francis Albert
59 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The only party in Scotland is calling a vote of no confidence in the fat clown this week. Interesting. 

I wonder what the outcome will be?

The tension might be too much for me. 

Blackford's speech a masterpiece of arse licking to the FM.

Savage Vince
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Snivel off please. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Snivel off please. 

Is that a preview of Blackford's speech in the Commons censure debate

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

'no confidence in the fat clown' - talking about Blackford I presume?

3 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

The only party in Scotland is calling a vote of no confidence in the fat clown this week. Interesting. 

Which fat clown are we talking about?