The rise and fall of The SNP.

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s the content which is important not that method on how I got it . 😂 it was quite easy to Google ! “ snp failed policies “ 

Yip, exactly.  You're asked for the evidence then, when it's produced , it's "where did you get it?", "why did you look for it?". The fingers go in the ears and it's lalalala. 

Independence is their predetermined outcome. It's how you concoct the evidence to justify it that always has, and always will, be where the case falls down.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smithee

• jack D and coke

• Space Mackerel

• manaliveits105

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet, despite the shameful record and myriad broken promises throughout the last 14 years, people actually admit to voting for them because "they are the only vehicle" to achieve Scexit. 

Scotland, the politics and her voters, summed up in a nutshell.

I vote for them as I can't stand the failed unionist parties. All Westminster parties treat Scotland with utter contempt and I distrust them more. I'll still vote SNP even if we don't achieve independence or if another Scottish party comes along I'll reconsider. I've voted Alba too. 

22 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely. Manifesto promises actually being delivered. What a crazy notion! 🤪

19 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'd be interested to see you list the pledges "actually" being delivered. 

19 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Here’s a list. Fill your boots 👍🏻

https://www.snp.org/first-100-days-of-snp-government/

200.gif

If I was pro indy the last thing I'd want to hear is the Sturgeon plans to crack on until she's feathered her nest enough to disappear into the sunset with her bird.

And Blackford isn't stupid. Does anyone think he really want to give up his cracking salary and quarter of a million expenses a year? 

At least Salmond wanted and genuinely pursued independence ( as well as other things).

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I vote for them as I can't stand the failed unionist parties. 

Hardly a ringing endorsement. Like saying you support Hearts because you don't like teams that wear red, blue, green, yellow, orange, or black and white stripes.

10 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If I was pro indy the last thing I'd want to hear is the Sturgeon plans to crack on until she's feathered her nest enough to disappear into the sunset with her bird.

And Blackford isn't stupid. Does anyone think he really want to give up his cracking salary and quarter of a million expenses a year? 

At least Salmond wanted and genuinely pursued independence ( as well as other things).

I think she saw how Salmond had no choice but to resign after 2014, and is terrified of a 'no' vote forcing her to do the same outwith her own timescale. Understandable, but it's about her, not Scotland.

14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Really ought to watch his gig with Tasmina on RT a little more.

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip, exactly.  You're asked for the evidence then, when it's produced , it's "where did you get it?", "why did you look for it?". The fingers go in the ears and it's lalalala. 

Independence is their predetermined outcome. It's how you concoct the evidence to justify it that always has, and always will, be where the case falls down.

I know . Don’t like the info ? Don’t  ask for it then 

23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think she saw how Salmond had no choice but to resign after 2014, and is terrified of a 'no' vote forcing her to do the same outwith her own timescale. Understandable, but it's about her, not Scotland.

Yes she’s no daft she will hang on as long as she possibly can , probably after covid 41 or it’s like 

23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's a funny one for Sturgeon...she's been such a huge figure in Scottish politics for so long, but what's she actually achieved in all this time? There's not going to be any big ticket items in her legacy.

All a bit disappointing. She can't deliver the break up of the UK, her record on devolved matters is poor. Division and a smattering of identity politics is a measly return.

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

It's a funny one for Sturgeon...she's been such a huge figure in Scottish politics for so long, but what's she actually achieved in all this time? There's not going to be any big ticket items in her legacy.

All a bit disappointing. She can't deliver the break up of the UK, her record on devolved matters is poor. Division and a smattering of identity politics is a measly return.

The Queensferry crossing may get renamed “ Sturgeon bridge “ ? But there are a multitude of  I’ll thought out plans which have gone south  like the “ named person scheme “ “ not proven verdict “ “ corroboration “ . Just wait until the shit hits the fan with “ GRA” policy  when Bob who will be able to identify  as female and wave his tadger in front of young girls in female “ only changing rooms “ take place . I don’t Harry a parent and SNP lifelong supporter won’t be so supportive of them then . 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

...will be able to identify  as female and wave his tadger in front of young girls in female “ only changing rooms “ take place .

Where can people sign up for this?

Asking for a friend.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Where can people sign up for this?

Asking for a friend.

Join the SNP it’s a sub group committee run by Bob . You will need to live as a “ female “ for a day . That’s enough proof I have heard to convince them 😂

18 minutes ago, pablo said:

I guess, like almost everything in politics, it's a bit subjective. SNP/Sturgeon supporters will be able to find examples of her successes and laud them, while those who don't like her will find instances in which she has failed/made things worse. 

There will likely be a large proportion of folk somewhere in the middle who will shrug and carry on, although they will still vote SNP automatically as the cry of 'Westminster' has replaced what, until the turn of the century had been for a long time the cry of 'Tories', as a way of getting Scots to vote. Not that their choices are necessarily bad, but I do think a lot of folk vote SNP without giving it much thought, just as Labour used to be able to field any candidate and win in the majority of Scottish seats.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Join the SNP it’s a sub group committee run by Bob . You will need to live as a “ female “ for a day . That’s enough proof I have heard to convince them 😂

Sometimes I sit down to pee if there's a particularly good article in National Geographic. Duzzat count?

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yeah and I couldn’t find pages of the British govt, I’d be here all ****ing day! James said it’s astonishing like he was going to reel it off the top of his head when we all knew what he was going to do. 
It’s about as astonishing as you agreeing🤪 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Hardly a ringing endorsement. Like saying you support Hearts because you don't like teams that wear red, blue, green, yellow, orange, or black and white stripes.

I prefer how they govern Scotland and don't have the contemptuous attitude of unionists. I'll vote for some else if I think they can do a better job. Labour, Tories and Libs all the same, absolutely horrible parties.

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah and I couldn’t find pages of the British govt, I’d be here all ****ing day! James said it’s astonishing like he was going to reel it off the top of his head when we all knew what he was going to do. 

In fairness you asked him for information and he provided it. It has to originate from somewhere. Personally I would have re worded to make it look like it was my own thoughts but I’m a bit of a w a n k e r like that! 😂

Edited by Des Lynam
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Sometimes I sit down to pee if there's a particularly good article in National Geographic. Duzzat count?

2A0F9BB6-F3B1-4C34-AD38-D8119858ADF9.jpeg

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

James…you had nothing mate. Nothing. :lol: 

You should have read the posting then 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In fairness you asked him for information and he provided it. It has to originate from somewhere. Personally I would have re worded to make it look like it was my own thoughts but I’m a bit of a w a n k e r like that! 😂

I tried to Do that but there was so many failed issues to address ! It was best just to copy and paste 😂

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I prefer how they govern Scotland and don't have the contemptuous attitude of unionists. I'll vote for some else if I think they can do a better job. Labour, Tories and Libs all the same, absolutely horrible parties.

Fair enough. 

I think Labour and the LibDems still don't know what space to occupy in Scotland, as the broad church SNP have occupied so much of it. I disagree that they are contemptuous or horrible; more lost. 

The Tories, well...

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

It really isn't, that implies it's a whimsical choice made without care or thought.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It really isn't, that implies it's a whimsical choice made without care or thought.

I prefer Fun Smithee. Pedantic Smithee is a bore. Be Fun Smithee again.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough. 

I think Labour and the LibDems still don't know what space to occupy in Scotland, as the broad church SNP have occupied so much of it. I disagree that they are contemptuous or horrible; more lost. 

The Tories, well...

I voted Labour for years but would never vote for them again even if we become independent. My vote is up for grabs.

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I voted Labour for years but would never vote for them again even if we become independent. My vote is up for grabs.

In a hypothetical situation, if there were an independent Scottish Labour Party, and their policies aligned with your values and shared your vision of governance, would you still not vote for them?

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If I was to come saying it’s quite astonishing it would be because I had it in my head. Not a copy and paste job. 
James is one of the most prominent posters ( and a silly one at that) on the board these days and posts on a whole range of subjects he clearly knows absolutely nothing about. 
There’s only one poster worse imo, an absolute know it all. I won’t name him I’ll let you guess. 

Edited by jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

If I was to come saying it’s quite astonishing it would be because I had it in my head. Not a copy and paste job. 
James is one of the most prominent posters ( and a silly one at that) on the board these days and posts on a whole range of subjects he clearly knows absolutely nothing about. 
There’s only one poster worse imo, an absolute know it all. I won’t name him I’ll let you guess. 

To be fair you’ve covered about 99% of the users on here. 😂

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

200.gif

Look a little harder for my response dough-ball. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh
39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Now that would be an extensive list! 🤣

54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Poster number one asks poster number 2  about the “  astonishing “ list of SNP failures ?  poster number 2  duly provides this list . Poster number 1 goes apeshit and lashes out , making groundless unproven claims about poster 2 . Dearie me . I can’t wait for the Indy 2 thread when it starts up

in 2030 ! 

2F08D048-0922-47A4-A9B7-A59EBA185170.gif

3ACAC7E3-FC0D-4A7C-8AD1-D7F658673A2C.gif

F254B9F4-B8E5-419E-B814-B5295FF3FD28.gif

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Look! There's the messenger! Fire!

Absolute bonkers, book-burning mentality.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I suppose getting called “ silly “ is less harmful than being called a “ vile creature “ from another poster last night . See that’s what I like about me I always see the sunny side in every situation ! 😎I’m resilient I’ll say that ! This forum has been a testament to that ! 

1B171F42-A65D-4621-8A5B-47A88C582A14.gif

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I prefer Fun Smithee. Pedantic Smithee is a bore. Be Fun Smithee again.

It's not at all pedantic, you just compared the boy's vote to preferring stripes.

36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Isn't it?

Of course not

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not at all pedantic, you just compared the boy's vote to preferring stripes.

He said he voted SNP because he didn't like the other parties. That's like bagging off with the fat ugly bird 'cos everyone else has already left the bash or picking a football team based on not liking the colours of the other ones.

Later, after your post, he went on to expand and justify his decision a bit more.

MSFA

Make Smithee Fun Again.

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

He said he voted SNP because he didn't like the other parties. That's like bagging off with the fat ugly bird 'cos everyone else has already left the bash or picking a football team based on not liking the colours of the other ones.

Later, after your post, he went on to expand and justify his decision a bit more.

MSFA

Make Smithee Fun Again.

It's nothing like that, it's what people across the world do when voting, make the least worst choice. It was a poor analogy, the guy's clearly put a bit more thought into it than that

Konrad von Carstein

Jonesy can be a funny guy...the Jonesy currently commenting is being a poopy bum...

Bring back the funny Jonesy! ;)

41 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Jonesy can be a funny guy...the Jonesy currently commenting is being a poopy bum...

Bring back the funny Jonesy! ;)

:isee:

:tlj:

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

In a hypothetical situation, if there were an independent Scottish Labour Party, and their policies aligned with your values and shared your vision of governance, would you still not vote for them?

No!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's nothing like that, it's what people across the world do when voting, make the least worst choice. It was a poor analogy, the guy's clearly put a bit more thought into it than that

Absolutely Smithee. Know all unionists actually know f all. I used to vote Labour as I thought they stood for the common good but they've just turned out as a bunch of self serving disciples of Westminster rule. 

I chose the SNP when I realised Thatcher was destroying the fabric of the UK and thought it best to govern ourselves. Westminster to me is no lover of Scots.

53 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Westminster to me is no lover of Scots.

Do you need another reminder on the billions they subsidise your failed snp with? 

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Do you need another reminder on the billions they subsidise your failed snp with? 

Point has been made but fair play to him he is voting with his heart and someone else's wallet :) 

The Mighty Thor
45 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

tell us about GERS again. That's my favourite one.

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Point has been made but fair play to him he is voting with his heart and someone else's wallet :) 

The only honest thing about him will be the poverty he'll experience if his heart gets its way. I bet he beats me to the border on the way out once the penny drops. He'll have it floored on the M74 hard shoulder with Mrs Roxy shouting faster wee man.

33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The only honest thing about him will be the poverty he'll experience if his heart gets its way. I bet he beats me to the border on the way out once the penny drops. He'll have it floored on the M74 hard shoulder with Mrs Roxy shouting faster wee man.

🤣👍