The rise and fall of The SNP.

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Families on low income and/or benefits who struggle to make ends meet. Families where an extra £10 a week makes a huge, huge difference. 

No it doesnt.

The working poor need not be taxed so heavily.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s not that simple James. And is it the kids fault that they live in a low income family? 

Never said it was the kids fault. Whose blaming anyone ? 

I give up. A policy to double the weekly child payment and help over a hundred thousand children is almost universally welcomed. Apart from by James on Kickback who wants to blame the families for being in poverty in the first place. 

:cornette:

Given his shitemare across numerous threads today I don’t know why I’m surprised. I’ll be even less surprised by the inevitable u-turn.

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not sure how the benefit system works.

But I worry about increasing benefits to low paid .

I'm happy for benefits to those who genuinely cannot work.

But lower taxes means you dont get caught in benefit trap.

The 40% tax for earnings over 43 thousand is criminal .

As is the 26% you pay under that which includes worthless private pensions.

For the working poor in Edinburgh there is not much change left if you earn 13 pounds an hour or less.

For those of us on more it's a squeeze.

I've worked plenty this year and I'm now approaching the point of 40% tax.

And I am livid about that.

I have grafted and put in a lot of hours to see the jobs through .

Benefits are fine to catch those who need caught .

Lower taxes are better for those who can and do provide for their children .

Giving an extra tenner a week wont cut poverty.

Proper pay and less tax does.

Extra cash in working peoples pocket circulates better.

High tax doesnt work and especially is proven not to raise living standards for the poor.

Completely agree. Some people know that if they work more than a certain amount of hours they lose certain benefits etc so where is the incentive to work full time and contribute fully to  society? None really. 

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

No it doesnt.

The working poor need not be taxed so heavily.

Says someone who’s clearly never lived in poverty. I spend every working day reading and talking about such families. Trust me, £40 a month is huge.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

I give up. A policy to double the weekly child payment and help over a hundred thousand children is almost universally welcomed. Apart from by James on Kickback who wants to blame the families for being in poverty in the first place. 

Given his shitemare across numerous threads today I don’t know why I’m surprised. I’ll be even less surprised by the inevitable u-turn.

Would you be surprised to hear that he voted for Jeremy Corbyn in the last GE and is now roasting Nicola Sturgeon for giving poor kids and extra ten spot? 😁

Just now, Savage Vince said:

Would you be surprised to hear that he voted for Jeremy Corbyn in the last GE and is now roasting Nicola Sturgeon for giving poor kids and extra ten spot? 😁

Are you suggesting James has been caught out on yet another lie?

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

There will be no u turn on this subject. Like i said ive lived in the real world. Encourage people to work . Or since I've had such a " shitemare" i may well go for broke and say if you want children make sure you can afford. You don't decide you want a car and expect it to get paid for by the state ? Personal Parental   responsibly and pride in oneself trickles down to their children. If i had been that way inclined I would have wanted the best for my children from the day they were born and the " best " comes from being financially able to take care of their every needs. 

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Says someone who’s clearly never lived in poverty. I spend every working day reading and talking about such families. Trust me, £40 a month is huge.

yes what do they spend the  extra £40 on ? How do you know he's never been in " poverty" anyway? Or me ? You make so many assumptions and come out with trite emotive statements about " poverty" without actually really analysing it.

You are wrong on so many counts.

Firstly giving out benefits increases the chances that some of the poorest feel it doesnt pay to work.

This affect on generations is proven.

Gordon Brown almost got it right with tax credits.

It allowed people to work and not lose out .

However it in itself created another trap where the opportunity to earn more cash was offset by the fear of losing tax credits.

It's really simple for me.

Lower taxes or flat rate.

We all agree to live in a fairly decent society and that requires a wedge of our wage.

But there is an inclination that not working is a choice.

How did life become not trying to feed yourself?

Benefits for those who genuinely cannot work a base rate of 20% for everyone under 100,000 and a rise of 5% for every 100,000 after that capped at 35%.

No loopholes.

And there are 2 million unemployed yet loads of vacancies.

I dont care if a job doesnt suit you.

Or you have to walk to work.

The world owes you nothing

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Why, I guess I kind of am suggesting that now you come to mention it... 😁

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Now that  is just not true . Fake news. I voted SNP Joanna Cherry in fact in December 2019 pre covid. In the Scottish election this year it was Labour,. Come on stop spreading fake news. :) 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Completely agree. Some people know that if they work more than a certain amount of hours they lose certain benefits etc so where is the incentive to work full time and contribute fully to  society? None really. 

Contribution to society starts with leading by example to your children.

Sitting on your arse waiting for a tenner a week if you are able is a shit option.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

You are wrong on so many counts.

Firstly giving out benefits increases the chances that some of the poorest feel it doesnt pay to work.

However it in itself created another trap where the opportunity to earn more cash was offset by the fear of losing tax credits.

We all agree to live in a fairly decent society and that requires a wedge of our wage.

Benefits for those who genuinely cannot work a base rate of 20% for everyone under 100,000 and a rise of 5% for every 100,000 after that capped at 35%.

No loopholes.

image-23-10-21-12-13-1.gif

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Sitting on your arse waiting for a tenner a week if you are able is a shit option.

Exactly, Its poor role modelling really. 

13 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Glad your paying attention though as i do admire JC a lot . I also admire Joanna Cherry too, Its allowed. Im not stuck to one party politics unlike some it seems on this. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I'd suggest that Jeremy Corbyn would agree that 10 pounds a week for a family living in Edinburgh was virtue signalling from a government who has done diddly squat about unaffordable housing.

And whose record on child poverty is a disgrace.

Who have frozen council tax despite it being an indicator of wealth and there by denying money to locally funded and locally represented ways of at least financing projects which may benefit poor kids.

6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Why, I guess I kind of am suggesting that now you come to mention it... 😁

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Now that  is just not true . Fake news. I voted SNP Joanna Cherry in fact in December 2019 pre covid. In the Scottish election this year it was Labour,. Come on stop spreading fake news. :) 

Over to you Vince. I for one will be flabbergasted if James is proven to be an absolute fantasist.

Again. 😳

I remember the rise but I have yet to see the fall.

What it this thread actually about?

*didn't vote SNP at last election

Edited by Longbaws

1 minute ago, Ked said:

I'd suggest that Jeremy Corbyn would agree that 10 pounds a week for a family living in Edinburgh was virtue signalling from a government who has done diddly squat about unaffordable housing.

Who have frozen council tax despite it being an indicator of wealth and there by denying money to locally funded and locally represented ways of at least financing projects which may benefit poor kids.

96750 affordable homes delivered 67000 for social rent. 😊

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As is the fact most of Scotlands poorest children result from one parent families and too many men not being man enough to pay the proper price.

Theres more to child poverty than flinging a virtue signalled tenner at them.

For a while I respected Sturgeon but she plays politics in a shitey way.

Over to you Vince. I for one will be flabbergasted if James is proven to be an absolute fantasist.

Again. 😳

James was a Corbynista before he started trying to impress the Nazis in The Shed. 😉

Just now, Ked said:

Exactly the £20 a week handout sounds fantastic in the headlines but when one delves deeper it doesnt really help with the root of the problem in society really.  Its a vote catcher for her yet again. A cynical ploy to keep a certain group of her voters happy and likely to vote for her. Who wouldn't if your getting cash ? it used to be called corruption in the old days  believe. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly the £20 a week handout sounds fantastic in the headlines but when one delves deeper it doesnt really help with the root of the problem in society really.  Its a vote catcher for her yet again. A cynical ploy to keep a certain group of her voters happy and likely to vote for her. Who wouldn't if your getting cash ? it used to be called corruption in the old days  believe. 

Take a break lad. 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There will be no u turn on this subject. Like i said ive lived in the real world. Encourage people to work . Or since I've had such a " shitemare" i may well go for broke and say if you want children make sure you can afford. You don't decide you want a car and expect it to get paid for by the state ? Personal Parental   responsibly and pride in oneself trickles down to their children. If i had been that way inclined I would have wanted the best for my children from the day they were born and the " best " comes from being financially able to take care of their every needs. 

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

No loopholes.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

yes what do they spend the  extra £40 on ? How do you know he's never been in " poverty" anyway? Or me ? You make so many assumptions and come out with trite emotive statements about " poverty" without actually really analysing it.

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not sure if anyone is currently in the middle of writing a sitcom about two stuck-up, pompous Tory twats but here’s some free dialogue for the wine bar scene that would feature in episode 2 👍🏻

Just now, Savage Vince said:

96750 affordable homes delivered 67000 for social rent. 😊

Link please.

Since when ?

Is that over a ten year period.

Have you seen the affordable homes in Edinburgh.

Are you aware less people own than rent.

That nearly a 3rd of ownership account for 2 homes or more.

Are you really defending housing policy in Scotland despite the homeless figures.

Homeless figures that include at least 50% of mentally I'll.

Please...

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Again. 😳

Stop gaslighting people on public forums. That's not nice considering  you seem to have appointed yourself as an ambassador about domestic violence and abuse. Seriously.  

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Are you saying that giving money to families that desperately need it is a bad thing? 

I'll rephrase that.

You are saying that giving money to families that desperately need it is a bad thing!!!

Edited by Longbaws

3 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

James was a Corbynista before he started trying to impress the Nazis in The Shed. 😉

Still am a Corbynista . That hasn't changed. Why would it ? What Nazis anyway ? What an awful thing to say about fellow jambos ? 

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Link please.

Since when ?

Are you really defending housing policy in Scotland despite the homeless figures.

Please...

Scrapped the Right to Buy as well. 😊

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop gaslighting people on public forums. That's not nice considering  you seem to have appointed yourself as an ambassador about domestic violence and abuse. Seriously.  

You’re right. Why would I want to raise awareness of domestic violence when it’s probably the victims’ own fault it happens. Just like all these families and children living in poverty on purpose.

As for gaslighting, you do a fantastic job of convincing yourself you didn’t say things you actually did. No need for anybody’s help!

😂

Edited by Alex Kintner

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Link please.

Since when ?

Please...

Why not do some research and prove him wrong ?

Any ways, here's a starter for you.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19373193.100-000-affordable-homes-built-since-snp-came-power-figures-reveal/

Just now, Longbaws said:

Are you saying giving money to families that desperately need it is a bad thing? 

1 minute ago, Longbaws said:

Are you saying giving money to families that desperately need it is a bad thing? 

" desperatly" need it ? Haven't you read my previous posting instead of using emotive language like that?  Work , further education , health with rent and council tax lower taxes  and increased wages are my preferred way out for people in poverty, 

You’re right. Why would I want to raise awareness of domestic violence when it’s probably the victims’ own fault it happens. Just like all these families and children living in poverty on purpose.

Oh dear. ! That's you making an inference from my postings.  Low blow. But not surprising from you. Its gaslighting. 

Not sure if anyone is currently in the middle of writing a sitcom about two stuck-up, pompous Tory twats but here’s some free dialogue for the wine bar scene that would feature in episode 2 👍🏻

Listen or rather read.

I'm from the scheme 

My mother brought us up alone .

I'm conservative minded but a tory pompous twat I'm not.

Where as ....na I will leave you to the insults.

Working people or poor people dont want a tenner they want opportunity.

They want the money they work hard for to be kept in their pockets.

They would like a crack a fair rent or a crack at buying a house.

Pretty much a tenner is shit.

And being conservative minded doesnt make you a self loathe or a tory.

Being conservative minded is a very Scottish mindset and self reliant .

Just now, JamesM48 said:

" desperatly" need it ? Haven't you read my previous posting instead of using emotive language like that?  Work , further education , health with rent and council tax lower taxes  and increased wages are my preferred way out for people in poverty, 

Not really, no.

People do desperately need that money. It's accurate, not emotive.

Do folk seem to think poverty is a choice?

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Listen or rather read.

I'm from the scheme 

My mother brought us up alone .

I'm conservative minded but a tory pompous twat I'm not.

Where as ....na I will leave you to the insults.

Working people or poor people dont want a tenner they want opportunity.

They want the money they work hard for to be kept in their pockets.

They would like a crack a fair rent or a crack at buying a house.

Pretty much a tenner is shit.

And being conservative minded doesnt make you a self loathe or a tory.

Being conservative minded is a very Scottish mindset and self reliant .

I never really post personal stuff like that on this as some posters use it against you .  But like i said I've lived in the real world. It seems you have to. Some people seem to live in a world of " Guardian " headlines or are virtual signallers and like to be seen to be expressing the " right on " view. One particular poster is the perfect example of this. 

5 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Not really, no.

People do desperately need that money. It's accurate, not emotive.

Do folk seem to think poverty is a choice?

Maybe you should then 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why not do some research and prove him wrong ?

Any ways, here's a starter for you.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19373193.100-000-affordable-homes-built-since-snp-came-power-figures-reveal/

Its 2021

14 years equals less than 10,000 per year.

Do you know what Edinburgh council class as an affordable home ?

Do some research.

Edinburgh council has one of the worst records on homelessness in the UK.

Scotland has a problem.

That's a remit for the current government.

How many affordable homes for rent has the SG created in 14 years?

How many young people are able to set up homes etc.

You answered one part of my questions.

What proportion of income for an average wage goes to paying for these "affordable homes"

He says I'm wrong .

Let's see his figures.

I know in general the shit record both Holyrood and westminster has on this.

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh dear. ! That's you making an inference from my postings.  Low blow. But not surprising from you. Its gaslighting. 

Gaslighting: manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.

dr-evil-cry.gif

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People's Republic of Scotland 🤣🤣

What a dark, dank, depressing place that would be. Full state control and the likes of Sturgeon, Sheridan and Harvie telling you what you can eat,say, drink and think.

Thankfully we have the UK and the monarchy, a tier of excellence that protects the people from career politicians. 

Ken, Scotland and the Scots are just uniquely shite in this world eh?

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Not much, granted. 15000 or so. 

If that .

Look this isnt a SNP bad thing for me.

It's just a they're a bit less shit but still wanky gits type thing.

15,000 wheres the stock to allow the housing of refugees ,families escaping violence etc.

Edinburgh council stick them in bed n breakfasts along or beside with sex offenders and other lowlifes.

I just get my heid nipped when a tenner a week is flung out like some kind of hero move .

The Mighty Thor

Folks do realise that the cost of living has rocketed in real terms over the last few months right? 

Household and food bills up significantly. 

So giving the hardest hit families an extra tenner a child is a terrible thing?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.