The rise and fall of The SNP.

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Maybe because most of what comes out of the SG is either lies or complete and utter pish.

Utter pish you say...

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Peter Stefanovic, you say. Aye, OK.

Twitter🤣😂🤣

Enzo Chiefo you say? Aye, OK.

JKB 🤣😂🤣

;)

7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Enzo Chiefo you say? Aye, OK.

JKB 🤣😂🤣

;)

Holyrood 🤣🤣

If it was up to me, I would send the tanks down the Canongate and clear the place.

But I guess it's more diplomatic to let them continue to spout pish during the limited hours that they "work". I suppose the hot air emitted will heat their neighbours in Dumbiedykes during the winter. A win win.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not sure about that! Is this one of those "independent" financial bodies that Westminster wheel out or Westminster itself? How on earth can England subsidise anyone with its 2 trillion debt? Who subsidizes it and why do Westminster fight so hard to keep Scotland shackled to it?

Because most of the 2 trillion debt comes from the areas that ARE subsidised. That's where the spending goes. 

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Holyrood 🤣🤣

If it was up to me, I would send the tanks down the Canongate and clear the place.

But I guess it's more diplomatic to let them continue to spout pish during the limited hours that they "work". I suppose the hot air emitted will heat their neighbours in Dumbiedykes during the winter. A win win.

Edgy AF Enzo...

:bwcornette:

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Utter pish you say...

I follow a barrister on twitter who’s been talking about this for years. 
That 🤡 couldn’t lie straight in his bed. 

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Because most of the 2 trillion debt comes from the areas that ARE subsidised. That's where the spending goes. 

Utter garbage! They've built this debt for decades and squandered resources. Not invested too well either. If they are subsidising certain areas, then why did they allow to happen? They're incompetent!

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I follow a barrister on twitter who’s been talking about this for years. 
That 🤡 couldn’t lie straight in his bed. 

But, but Enzo says.... :lol:

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not sure about that! Is this one of those "independent" financial bodies that Westminster wheel out or Westminster itself? How on earth can England subsidise anyone with its 2 trillion debt? Who subsidizes it and why do Westminster fight so hard to keep Scotland shackled to it?

Independent think tank - https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/about-us

It may be an inconvenient truth but England receives least per head of the four nations. Feel free to go down the rabbit hole (or not) and read about it at your own leisure! I completely get for many nationalists the economics are irrelevant in the same way as for many Brexiters the emotional draw triumphed over the maths, I was merely reacting to your 'own money' statement - the truth is Scotland gets far more than it's own money back.

Scotland is shackled to what exactly, England?!? This organisation is independently funded and it's governance board is cross party.

33 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Independent think tank - https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/about-us

It may be an inconvenient truth but England receives least per head of the four nations. Feel free to go down the rabbit hole (or not) and read about it at your own leisure! I completely get for many nationalists the economics are irrelevant in the same way as for many Brexiters the emotional draw triumphed over the maths, I was merely reacting to your 'own money' statement - the truth is Scotland gets far more than it's own money back.

Scotland is shackled to what exactly, England?!? This organisation is independently funded and it's governance board is cross party.

Good for you bud👍. What's with the condescending tone? It's got nothing to do with nationalism. Running your own affairs, taking responsibility, being financially prudent etc is the expectation for all countries. Why is Scotland uniquely different? 

Shackled to Westminster! Why do they need us? Is it finances? According to you we owe them so to whom do they owe? I've read and heard Scotland's GDP is anything between 65 to 200billion. Some gap! You can count on it being the high end.

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Good for you bud👍. What's with the condescending tone? It's got nothing to do with nationalism. Running your own affairs, taking responsibility, being financially prudent etc is the expectation for all countries. Why is Scotland uniquely different? 

Shackled to Westminster! Why do they need us? Is it finances? According to you we owe them so to whom do they owe? I've read and heard Scotland's GDP is anything between 65 to 200billion. Some gap! You can count on it being the high end.

apologies if you feel I'm being condescending - doing too many things at once!!

Scotland is part of the UK and as of the recent referendum chose to remain so, through devolved powers it does have a large slice of control over it's own affairs and has a proportional vote with regard to the others.  Don't think we've seen the last referendum in my lifetime but if I'm still down here I won't get a vote in that one either!

With regard to why do they need us, not oil, not money, better together? trite but true, no question in my mind that England is less than the United Kingdom. I've often asked this question and the best answer I've had so far revolves around Faslane/nuclear deterrent and the geopolitical impact of access to the northern Atlantic from the North Sea/Baltic around the top of the country.

20 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

apologies if you feel I'm being condescending - doing too many things at once!!

Scotland is part of the UK and as of the recent referendum chose to remain so, through devolved powers it does have a large slice of control over it's own affairs and has a proportional vote with regard to the others.  Don't think we've seen the last referendum in my lifetime but if I'm still down here I won't get a vote in that one either!

With regard to why do they need us, not oil, not money, better together? trite but true, no question in my mind that England is less than the United Kingdom. I've often asked this question and the best answer I've had so far revolves around Faslane/nuclear deterrent and the geopolitical impact of access to the northern Atlantic from the North Sea/Baltic around the top of the country.

Apology accepted👍 I just wish to see my country run its own affairs, warts and all! Fed up with being insulted by Westminster stooges and their sycophants.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Utter garbage! They've built this debt for decades and squandered resources. Not invested too well either. If they are subsidising certain areas, then why did they allow to happen? They're incompetent!

Of course it's been accumulating for decades. Perhaps you're confusing deficits but did you think debts appear suddenly?

Those who screech for more money to the NHS, Army, education, even overseas aid ffs, are the same folks who complain about the debt. 

Where do you think the money comes from?

Pooling and sharing is part of the Union, that's why London and the SE the devolved nations and other poorer areas of England. 

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course it's been accumulating for decades. Perhaps you're confusing deficits but did you think debts appear suddenly?

Those who screech for more money to the NHS, Army, education, even overseas aid ffs, are the same folks who complain about the debt. 

Where do you think the money comes from?

Pooling and sharing is part of the Union, that's why London and the SE the devolved nations and other poorer areas of England. 

Can you not just admit Westminster are incompetent and probably use " quantative easing " for everything!

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can you not just admit Westminster are incompetent and probably use " quantative easing " for everything!

Westminster?  Bit of a generalisation no?

Holyrood must be incompetent surely, if it racks up deficits year after year? Surely, proving their competence would have been a good way to convince people to vote for separation?

Instead,  they chose being obstructive,  moaning, girning and generally treating the UK government with contempt.

Listening to that pub bore Blackford today left me feeling ashamed that he is associated with our country.

Konrad von Carstein
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Holyrood must be incompetent surely, if it racks up deficits year after year? Surely, proving their competence would have been a good way to convince people to vote for separation?

Instead,  they chose being obstructive,  moaning, girning and generally treating the UK government with contempt.

Listening to that pub bore Blackford today left me feeling ashamed that he is associated with our country.

Does Holyrood not HAVE to balance its spending and cannot run a deficit?

Pub bore 😅

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm talking about Westminster who are responsible for building deficits through their incompetence. Most of the economic and financial implications for managing the UK are in London.

I treat the UK government of all hues with contempt as sick and tired of their lazy, insulting, contemptuous attitude towards Scotland and its people. 

The Scottish Government are given a budget and manage it. I don't know what Blackford says but if he noises up the establishment and idiots on forums then he's doing something right. You prefer odious characters like Gove, Rees-Mogg, Burnham, Starmer, Johnson, Rabb, Patel, Dorries etc, etc, etc......?

manaliveits105
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The inflation in Blackford is running a lot higher than 4% 

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm talking about Westminster who are responsible for building deficits through their incompetence. Most of the economic and financial implications for managing the UK are in London.

I treat the UK government of all hues with contempt as sick and tired of their lazy, insulting, contemptuous attitude towards Scotland and its people. 

The Scottish Government are given a budget and manage it. I don't know what Blackford says but if he noises up the establishment and idiots on forums then he's doing something right. You prefer odious characters like Gove, Rees-Mogg, Burnham, Starmer, Johnson, Rabb, Patel, Dorries etc, etc, etc......?

They manage a budget that is £13bn more than they raise in taxes. That's where the debt comes from.

You think Burnham is odious? Really? I reckon he's one of the few decent, honest politicians in the country tbh. 

Sturgeon, to me, is odious as are numerous MSPs like James Dornan, Patrick Harvie, John Mason and the rest of the Sellick mafia.

You're deluded if you think the denizens of Holyrood are any better than those in WM.

26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They manage a budget that is £13bn more than they raise in taxes. That's where the debt comes from.

You think Burnham is odious? Really? I reckon he's one of the few decent, honest politicians in the country tbh. 

Sturgeon, to me, is odious as are numerous MSPs like James Dornan, Patrick Harvie, John Mason and the rest of the Sellick mafia.

You're deluded if you think the denizens of Holyrood are any better than those in WM.

They manage a budget 13bn more than they raise? Absolute nonsense as usual. What's your issue with MSPs supporting a football team? I'm not deluded, I look around and make judgements just like you. Burnham is a Labour fool. 

19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

They manage a budget 13bn more than they raise? Absolute nonsense as usual. What's your issue with MSPs supporting a football team? I'm not deluded, I look around and make judgements just like you. Burnham is a Labour fool. 

James Dornan suggested LRT were anti-Catholic because they stopped running certain buses on St.Paddys day. In reality,  they were being stoned by feral wee scrotes.

Seriously,  instead of obsessing about what school English MPs went to - classism - you lot need to open your eyes to the incompetents making such a horlocks of running Scotland. 

As a matter of fact, last year, Scotland raised £62bn and spent £85bn. There was an increase due to all the furlough cash but the point stands; the previous year the gap was £15bn.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

James Dornan suggested LRT were anti-Catholic because they stopped running certain buses on St.Paddys day. In reality,  they were being stoned by feral wee scrotes.

Seriously,  instead of obsessing about what school English MPs went to - classism - you lot need to open your eyes to the incompetents making such a horlocks of running Scotland. 

As a matter of fact, last year, Scotland raised £62bn and spent £85bn. There was an increase due to all the furlough cash but the point stands; the previous year the gap was £15bn.

James Dornan is an idiot and proved himself! Going to English schools, not sure what you mean. Rest of your post is typical Enzo!

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The rats just telling her hes leaving the good ship Indy 

😀:(

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

James Dornan is an idiot and proved himself! Going to English schools, not sure what you mean. Rest of your post is typical Enzo!

He's a bit special isn't he?

Here's a tenner to spend.

You spent it?! The nerve!

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's a bit special isn't he?

Here's a tenner to spend.

You spent it?! The nerve!

he was great in " 50 shades of grey " 

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You calling anyone a pub bore is actually quite cute. 😊

jack D and coke

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/english-water-firms-have-handed-57-billion-to-shareholders-in-the-30-years-after-privatisation-298718/
Was it not some vote in the good city of glasgow a few years ago that stopped our water being privatised? Can’t quite remember the details atm could be wrong. 
Good thing though👍🏼

9955CDFA-C67F-450E-98AC-297363E3C50B.jpeg

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/english-water-firms-have-handed-57-billion-to-shareholders-in-the-30-years-after-privatisation-298718/
Was it not some vote in the good city of glasgow a few years ago that stopped our water being privatised? Can’t quite remember the details atm could be wrong. 
Good thing though👍🏼

9955CDFA-C67F-450E-98AC-297363E3C50B.jpeg

Scotland has a natural head start in that it has much more water to start with... always loved that Loch Ness stat about it having more freshwater than all of England.

https://www.nature.scot/landscapes-and-habitats/habitat-types/lochs-rivers-and-wetlands/freshwater-lochs

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Scotland has a natural head start in that it has much more water to start with... always loved that Loch Ness stat about it having more freshwater than all of England.

https://www.nature.scot/landscapes-and-habitats/habitat-types/lochs-rivers-and-wetlands/freshwater-lochs

An amazing stat that is…

A resource that we don’t quite appreciate the value of yet I don’t think. 

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

An amazing stat that is…

Just one of the many reasons why we would thrive as an independent nation 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I believe so. We can feed ourself or we could with some adjustments, food has changed according to tastes but we can feed ourselves no problem. We can fuel ourselves, power ourselves and still send enough energy over the border to power 5m of their homes. Every single day…

We need constant regional transfers to prop us up though….😐

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As time goes on, resources will become the most valuable commodities. 

Water, renewables and even the black gold whilst it's still relevant. 

Scottish water do a good job of maintaining and preserving Scotland natural resource, meanwhile the results of selling off the family silver is there for all to see as foreign owned profit hungry businesses pump raw shit into England's watercourse.

52 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I believe so. We can feed ourself or we could with some adjustments, food has changed according to tastes but we can feed ourselves no problem. We can fuel ourselves, power ourselves and still send enough energy over the border to power 5m of their homes. Every single day…

We need constant regional transfers to prop us up though….😐

a time hop into the future of an Indy Scotland ;:)

Oliver! (The Musical) (1968) Food Glorious Food - YouTube

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

An amazing stat that is…

Nope. One of the problems with renewables is the ability to store energy for peak loads, hydro and green hydrogen would be obvious solutions (not sure that batteries will cut it). Water management is and will be oh so important.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Nope. One of the problems with renewables is the ability to store energy for peak loads, hydro and green hydrogen would be obvious solutions (not sure that batteries will cut it). Water management is and will be oh so important.

Yeah agreed. And we live in a country wetter than an otters pocket we need to make sure this powers us into the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this given the Tory sleaze of late.

Which is best : Westminster cronyism & corruption or self determination ?

Do SNP MPSs have two jobs and should they make a choice or be allowed to have two jobs ? 

24 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just bumping this given the Tory sleaze of late.

Which is best : Westminster cronyism & corruption or self determination ?

Do SNP MPSs have two jobs and should they make a choice or be allowed to have two jobs ? 

Enzo. you there bud ? 

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Enzo. you there bud ? 

"Bump" of course, is a euphemism for "I crave attention" 😄

So, no, I don't think elected members should have 2nd jobs and it's good to hear that it's not as prevalent in Holyrood.

To be fair though, imo, very few of the elected MSPs would have the necessary abilities or skills to secure lucrative, additional private sector employment.

Absolutely though, the likes of Geoffrey Cox and Ian Blackford, who has earned £270k in the last few years, while holding down TWO additional jobs,  need to be roundly criticised. 

13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Blackford you say - oh dear 

Just a humble crofter🤔.

Still, shouldn't judge people on their background....unless you're an "Eton toff", "posh", "priviliged Tory" etc.

Self-proclaimed "progressive,  liberal tolerance" goes out the window in that situation  

jack D and coke

Not quite the same as being being paid to lobby the govt to gain contracts now is it…

Or being paid by a foreign govt to act against the interests of….the British govt :lol: