The rise and fall of The SNP.

26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Good as it was homophobic in my book and most would agree I think. 

And totally crass. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah, apologies I thought you were from NC. I spent a very pleasant year there up in the mountains.

All good. I hear it's gorgeous, yeah. Never had the pleasure of spending any time there though (just flown through Charlotte).

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

All good. I hear it's gorgeous, yeah. Never had the pleasure of spending any time there though (just flown through Charlotte).

And I've just bussed it through Arizona en route to San Diego. I was up in the ,mountains  Boone & Blowing Rock. Lovely part of the the world. A bit like our highlands but only higher. :lol:

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

And I've just bussed it through Arizona en route to San Diego. I was up in the ,mountains  Boone & Blowing Rock. Lovely part of the the world. A bit like our highlands but only higher. :lol:

Higher and dryer! I always get hit with nosebleeds when I get back to Arizona because of the dry air, especially if I go up to higher altitudes—which I did for the burial.

Not to mention the air quality down here in the Valley is just :sick2:. I always miss Scotland straight away for lots of reasons, but breathing clean air is no small one.

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Mister T said:

And totally crass. 

I know. Very tacky and good to see most people challenging it. 

Konrad von Carstein
20 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It was completely homophobic. By saying ‘the lesbian Sturgeon’ he wasn’t exactly using the word lesbian as a compliment😂

Hopefully the idiot has been binned. 

He won't be, there are a few posters on the political threads who get away with murder, blatant hunting for bites, looking for a reaction from other posters and just posting utter crap in the hope of reeling others in.

And not to question the moderation of the board 🙄 but they sure seem relaxed about the bollox posted by certain members on those threads.

11 hours ago, JackLadd said:

he's also the man who paid your relatives wages this past 14 months and got them vaccinated. Sure as hell wasn't Nicoliar. 

But did he pay that from his own pocket, like he claims to have paid for his bird's renovation of their Downing Street apartment?  The money for that might have come from his own pocket, but he seems very reluctant to confirm how the money found its way into his pocket.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

He won't be, there are a few posters on the political threads who get away with murder, blatant hunting for bites, looking for a reaction from other posters and just posting utter crap in the hope of reeling others in.

And not to question the moderation of the board 🙄 but they sure seem relaxed about the bollox posted by certain members on those threads.

It's a tough gig. I'm admin for a group with 35k members, between dodgy *******s trying to get in, alerts, reported posts, tantrums and questions it's really time consuming every single day for zero reward except you feel like you're helping a community.

There are hundreds of things posted in here every day and unless people report what they're unhappy about mods probably won't go looking for extra work. If you have a problem, report it and keep reporting it.

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a tough gig. I'm admin for a group with 35k members, between dodgy *******s trying to get in, alerts, reported posts, tantrums and questions it's really time consuming every single day for zero reward except you feel like you're helping a community.

There are hundreds of things posted in here every day and unless people report what they're unhappy about mods probably won't go looking for extra work. If you have a problem, report it and keep reporting it.

Ah Ken, but it's so frustrating that all these sad acts do is drop grenades and dont debate...Has to be said that the mods are pretty quick to act in other areas.

Ironically said posters make bigger twats of themselves with each post.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree, although I used to think the anti Krankie troll squad was a handful of posters. 

I now think they’re the same person😀

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agree, although I used to think the anti Krankie troll squad was a handful of posters. 

I now think they’re the same person😀

Herr Schicklgruber?

5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I got word my cousin died suddenly, a new father aged 30, whilst I was on a plane back to America. Family comes first. I thought election day would be an appropriate time to take a peek back in.

30?  That's terrible to hear.  Sorry for your loss.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I got word my cousin died suddenly, a new father aged 30, whilst I was on a plane back to America. Family comes first. I thought election day would be an appropriate time to take a peek back in.

Sorry Justin man, strength

31 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

30?  That's terrible to hear.  Sorry for your loss.

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sorry Justin man, strength

Cheers guys. I'm alright, but seeing my other cousins, my aunt and uncle, his wife, suffering... has been rough.

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Cheers guys. I'm alright, but seeing my other cousins, my aunt and uncle, his wife, suffering... has been rough.

Very sad news . Sorry to hear this 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

It is indeed, I was the only active admin on a FB page until recently that had 40k users. 
You can get into trouble though if you keep reporting posts if there’s no grounds for it, abuse is subjective. 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Very sad news . Sorry to hear this 

Thank you James.

Governor Tarkin
22 hours ago, Justin Z said:

FFS that's terrible news, Justin. 

Peace and love.

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

FFS that's terrible news, Justin. 

Peace and love.

Thank you, Gov. It's appreciated. :smile:

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Cade said:

The main interest now is the Regional lists.

How many seats will the Greens get?

9 overall they reckon, which should give a slightly larger Pro independence majority than before.

hughesie27
On 22/02/2020 at 00:03, Zlatanable said:

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

image.png.1d57584c1aef9ee6efd34a29abe80a1f.png

John Findlay
On 22/02/2020 at 00:03, Zlatanable said:

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

Conservatives, Labour, and LibDems would love to be finished in the Scottish Parliament in the same way the SNP are.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Conservatives, Labour, and LibDems would love to be finished in the Scottish Parliament in the same way the SNP are.

Oh good, I'm glad this thread hasn't been forgotten

SNP gain one more seat to finish on 64, one short of an overall majority.

Tories stay where they were on 31.

Labour lose two seats and end on 22.

Greens gain two and end on 8.

Libdems lose one seat and end on 4.

We'll do it again in another 5 years.

4Ev4dPs.gif

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

SNP gain one more seat to finish on 64, one short of an overall majority.

Tories stay where they were on 31.

Labour lose two seats and end on 22.

Greens gain two and end on 8.

Libdems lose one seat and end on 4.

We'll do it again in another 5 years.

4Ev4dPs.gif

13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

This thread needs a rename. 

giphy.gif

The rise and (seemingly temporary) plateau of the SNP?

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Or perhaps?

66761165-autumn-leaves.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

What a beautiful photo . 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Or perhaps?

66761165-autumn-leaves.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Is that your country estate, Ulysses?

jamboy1982

Can the mods please update the title of this thread? Maybe jack and his friends could come up with a new name? The rise and slightly slower rise of the snp? 

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hello

It's me, the OP of this thread. 

The results of the 2021 Holyrood elections haven't changed the point of this thread at all. 

The same problems exist. 

There's no fall. 

BRAVEHEART1874

May see only another 1 - 1.4 percent increase by the next time and a 5th term but do not let facts get in the way of this excellent bosh thread ;)

Just now, Zlatanable said:

There is always a fall. 

The SNP should be falling.  They've been in government for years, and every other government party these days automatically gets into trouble at the polls.  But the SNP?  No.

The SNP should be falling.  They walked themselves into an embarrassing trap with a former leader.  For anyone else that would have cost the governing party votes.  But the SNP?  No.

The SNP should be falling.  Their opponents abandoned all pretence at political principle to vote tactically to keep them out.  Anywhere else that would have cost seats.  But the SNP?  No.

And here we are.  The SNP swam against the currents, and returned from an election with more seats than they had going into it.

What happens next time?  What happens when there's no manufactured "Alba" worries sniping at the SNP?  What happens when those who oppose them run out of people willing to sell their votes in the name of tactical voting?

The SNP haven't fallen, when all logic says they should have fallen.  And that is because of one policy, and one policy only.  That should be a sobering and a chilling thought for anyone who opposes that policy.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

You are doing the too many words thing again. 

I know.  Once there's any analysis you can't cope.

You're terrified.  Why?

19 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

If I could reply to either of your posts, I would. 

But both of you are doing the same thing, by attempting to limit my ability to just have a conversation with you. 

Once there's any analysis you can't cope.

You're terrified.  Why?

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

What analysis? 

I am disappointed in you @Ulysses. Quit treating me like this. 

Every time someone makes a decent argument you deflect and flail.  Your repeated use of "too many words" is a perfect example. 

Why start the discussion if you can't take part?

Anyway, back to the analysis.

@Zlatanablethe scared is obsessed with the pretence that the SNP has "a fall".

The SNP should be falling.  They've been in government for years, and every other government party these days automatically gets into trouble at the polls.  But the SNP?  No.

The SNP should be falling.  They walked themselves into an embarrassing trap with a former leader.  For anyone else that would have cost the governing party votes.  But the SNP?  No.

The SNP should be falling.  Their opponents abandoned all pretence at political principle to vote tactically to keep them out.  Anywhere else that would have cost seats.  But the SNP?  No.

And here we are.  The SNP swam against the currents, and returned from an election with more seats than they had going into it.

What happens next time?  What happens when there's no manufactured "Alba" worries sniping at the SNP?  What happens when those who oppose them run out of people willing to sell their votes in the name of tactical voting?

The SNP haven't fallen, when all logic says they should have fallen.  And that is because of one policy, and one policy only.  That should be a sobering and a chilling thought for anyone who opposes that policy.

so many words, so little effect

The SNP are succeeding, because they have one policy that attracts voters and that keeps them coming back to vote.

That should be sobering and chilling for those who oppose that policy. 

Just now, Zlatanable said:

In what ways, and @Ulysses please be specific, have The SNP "been succesful'?

Is a question I might ask in response to that there. 

I already explained.  You said you didn't understand.

Here you are.

Again, all those words. Blah, blah, blah.

Thanks again for surrendering.  :thumbsup: