The rise and fall of The SNP.

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

stop already the cocos will believe you 

Sorry I thought this thread was the place for sharing SM rumours without foundation. Is that only when they are anti-SNP?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The women at the centre of all of this didn’t even want this shit storm to happen. Probably because they knew that Salmonds actions, whilst creepy and deplorable, weren’t criminal. The whole thing could have been handled internally and saved the public heaps of money and the women the trouble of going through all this. Bet Sturgeon and co wished they had done this now. 

Sexual assault is serious and you would like to think the perpetrators would face the music. But this should only be at the express wishes of the victims involved. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

yeah when I make up something randomly its not credible (obviously I made it up !) but when a snp minister makes up 7000 new members last night - its ok - the cult lap it up -  deary me the cult worsens 

You need to take a break from this thread now kiddo. It's really showing how much of let down yesterday was for you. It actually feels like Nicola destroyed you when I read your toxic gibberish. 😊

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Sorry I thought this thread was the place for sharing SM rumours without foundation. Is that only when they are anti-SNP?

:lol:

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Sexual assault is serious and you would like to think the perpetrators would face the music. But this should only be at the express wishes of the victims involved.

I agree with you on this. But government policy as dictated to COPFS has long been to prosecute such cases even when the victim does not wish to participate or give evidence—so nothing out of the ordinary has happened here (at least with respect to this element of it all).

The Scottish approach is directly at odds with that of England, fwiw.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fair summary 

Nicola Sturgeon’s government failed.  It failed two women complainants.  It failed the Parliament in its consistent refusal to share relevant information.  It failed the public in allocating large sums of money, not to improving life chances but on a legal case its advisers warned about.  It has failed to be accountable.  It has failed to be transparent.  This ought to worry all of us, including members of the SNP. 

What Rangers fan posted this on your Facebook? 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

My views on this saga

-Nicola Sturgeon most likely remembers more than she is letting on. When it comes to debating in parliament her memory and recall is about as good as it gets so for her to claim she can’t remember crucial meetings; not buying it. 

- Murrel has far more influence on the SNP than what I thought previously. Trying to research him as well and he is like a ghost. Barely anything about  about him including on Wikipedia. 

- Alex Salmond is a vindictive arsehole who has proved that his ego is bigger than his independence beliefs

- Sturgeon is a control freak

- Most politicians are pretty much useless. 

- The crown office is rife with corruption and is politically influenced

- The fact the lord advocate was able to represent the SNP in a case with Alex Salmond involved then proceeds to try him in court for criminal proceedings reinforces the above. 

- The inquest is pretty much useless as long as politicians are involved in the process. How can SNP members stay impartial when their leader is being the subject of ministerial code breaches? 

- The tories or uk parliamentary leaders would never subject themselves to the grilling sturgeon did yesterday. 

- The withholding of crucial documents and information and deliberate attempt at stalling the inquiry needs looked at. For it to only take a vote of no confidence and then still keeping information back. Arsehole behavior

- Sturgeon trying to claim that the new policy of being able to try ministers for historical sexual offences was already in motion before the Salmond allegations :Aye:

- Sturgeon claiming the Scottish government were justifiied in going’s ahead with the case because they were trying to test the new policy despite lawyers telling them they would lose ;then conceding at the last minute  :rofl:

In summary; IMO Sturgeon got caught up in the Me2 movement. Her relationship with Salmond was already on the decline and she and her husband saw the opportunity to take down a major political figure and cement them as this morally just party. Not only would this be amazing publicity it would get rid of a big political liability and threat  from their party. Did she break the ministerial code? Most likely. Will she resign if this is concluded? Doubtful. 

Pretty much nails it

We are where we are having this government. A price worth paying for some to get in to the land of milk and honey.

Weakened Offender
42 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Gonna be a tidal flood of snot when Hamilton reports back and she's given her marching orders. Canny wait!! 😁😎

You're as beat as 105. Utterly destroyed. 😊

Edited by Weakened Offender

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The women at the centre of all of this didn’t even want this shit storm to happen. Probably because they knew that Salmonds actions, whilst creepy and deplorable, weren’t criminal. The whole thing could have been handled internally and saved the public heaps of money and the women the trouble of going through all this. Bet Sturgeon and co wished they had done this now. 

It's tough, we have the benefit of hindsight now, but imagine the outcry if a government led by Sturgeon had decided against going after Salmond. The unionists would still have gone tonto, but at claims of an obvious cover up.

I think no matter which way she went on this one the same people would be outraged.

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the Nationalists are doing that.

Why vote SNP if say Independence was off the table from Little Miss Amnesia ?

Sounds like a but straw clutching in that question. Its the SNP’s whole raison d’etre.

My views on this saga

-Nicola Sturgeon most likely remembers more than she is letting on. When it comes to debating in parliament her memory and recall is about as good as it gets so for her to claim she can’t remember crucial meetings; not buying it. 

- Murrel has far more influence on the SNP than what I thought previously. Trying to research him as well and he is like a ghost. Barely anything about  about him including on Wikipedia. 

- Alex Salmond is a vindictive arsehole who has proved that his ego is bigger than his independence beliefs

- The fact the lord advocate was able to represent the SNP in a case with Alex Salmond involved then proceeds to try him in court for criminal proceedings reinforces the above. 

- The inquest is pretty much useless as long as politicians are involved in the process. How can SNP members stay impartial when their leader is being the subject of ministerial code breaches? 

- The tories or uk parliamentary leaders would never subject themselves to the grilling sturgeon did yesterday. 

- The withholding of crucial documents and information and deliberate attempt at stalling the inquiry needs looked at. For it to only take a vote of no confidence and then still keeping information back. Arsehole behavior

- Sturgeon trying to claim that the new policy of being able to try ministers for historical sexual offences was already in motion before the Salmond allegations :Aye:

- Sturgeon claiming the Scottish government were justifiied in going’s ahead with the case because they were trying to test the new policy despite lawyers telling them they would lose ;then conceding at the last minute  :rofl:

In summary; IMO Sturgeon got caught up in the Me2 movement. Her relationship with Salmond was already on the decline and she and her husband saw the opportunity to take down a major political figure and cement them as this morally just party. Not only would this be amazing publicity it would get rid of a big political liability and threat  from their party. Did she break the ministerial code? Most likely. Will she resign if this is concluded? Doubtful. 

Great post 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sounds like a but straw clutching in that question. Its the SNP’s whole raison d’etre.

Not really when Independence wasn't talked about as much as it has been recently SNP were never anywhere near the top table of Scottish politics.

My views on this saga

Yep, pretty much spot on, great post. 

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, theshed said:

Great post 

Indeed but our resident nats tag team are lashing out as usual with their fingers in their ears trying to take the moral high ground to protect their heroine's  deceit corruption and harm to our democracy .

Hopefully Hamilton Enquiry proves more fruitful .

manaliveits105

read on another site some of the krankies actually believe Sturgeon is an MI5 plant placed to stop indy 

:gok:

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You seriously need to switch off from this for a while.

He really should but it is hilarious reading his pain. I know thats bad but hey ho. 😊

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

read on another site some of the krankies actually believe Sturgeon is an MI5 plant placed to stop indy 

:gok:

This Krankies chat is right up with "snowflakes" in shit patter

37 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You're as beat as 105. Utterly destroyed. 😊

Lies and catastrophic errors should be the new snp motto. Agree? 😬 

Pasquale for King

Unless there’s a smoking gun in the evidence not being presented in public then from the evidence that has been presented i can’t see how he can find any ministerial code breaches. 

Even if he does then it really depends on what extent the breaches go. If her popularity is still with her and the SNP still support her then why would she feel compelled to resign? There is no automatic sacking for ministerial code breaches but it is normally the done thing for politicians to resign. The SNP might be wondering if they have anyone capable as Sturgeon to step up. The only one I can think of; Cherry has already been sacked. 

The only ministerial code break seems to be she should’ve told civil servants AS went to her house, he has complained about it. So he went to beg her to help and then grassed her up because she couldn’t/wouldn’t/didn’t. 
As it’s been said many Tories break the ministerial code all the time, and not been sacked. 
As for Cherry she’s been sacked from the front bench at Westminster, that doesn’t stop her from running for leader. Not that there will be a contest anyway. 

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He really should but it is hilarious reading his pain. I know thats bad but hey ho. 😊

You and your wee cult gang seem to live for tag teaming and claiming other posters pain or bleaching or had their arse handed to them scenarios - very strange behaviour but it falls on deaf ears with me fella I will continue having fun.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Lies and catastrophic errors should be the new snp motto. Agree? 😬 

Compared to the Tories daily lies carried by the state broadcaster and MSM? £22b track and trace yet still can’t find one person from a flight, eat out to die in, 130k deaths and counting, that’s catastrophic. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

What is that people are expecting Nicola Sturgeon to be found guilty of breach the ministerial code?

Unless there is something else to come out, then it is very unlikely to rule against her.

Mainly not recording the meeting(s).

Seems to be a big deal to have records of everything. 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

You and your wee cult gang seem to live for tag teaming and claiming other posters pain or bleaching or had their arse handed to them scenarios - very strange behaviour but it falls on deaf ears with me fella I will continue having fun.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Compared to the Tories daily lies carried by the state broadcaster and MSM? £22b track and trace yet still can’t find one person from a flight, eat out to die in, 130k deaths and counting, that’s catastrophic. 

yet they are miles (four times) ahead of eu in vaccinations. Shame you left that off your natoganda list.

Sturgeons lost it today at FMQs the angry face is on display and the venomous words are flowing. 

manaliveits105
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Sturgeons lost it today at FMQs the angry face is on display and the venomous words are flowing. 

You can tell by the trained seals banging their desks trying to prop her up

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ooo Bullying again - tut tut 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

You can tell by the trained seals banging their desks trying to prop her up

:rofl: Imagine making these two posts a minute apart.

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Shite ! She ripped Davidson a new one. If you saw Hearts playing with that amount of passion you'd be delighted.

Weakened Offender
21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

You carry on then, it's hilarious reading your angry drivel. 😊

I haven’t followed this much so I’m unsure what all the fuss was about salmond finding out the names of the accusers. Is he not allowed to know? Surely that makes defending himself pretty tough. Can anyone shed any light on it for me

manaliveits105

It is not a good attribute for a FM to have - a bad temper - she cant control herself when challenged.

Just now, whodanny said:

Shite ! She ripped Davidson a new one. If you saw Hearts playing with that amount of passion you'd be delighted.

She did but had no answer as to why the legal documents were withheld and then delayed till after her session yesterday. Any reasonable person would ask why were they withheld when they were instructed to release them and why were they released after the session. Apparently there are still leaves documents not yet been handed over.
We have already seen that they after much deliberation went ahead with case after legal advice said not to.

I wonder if Sturgeon will accept a peerage at the Lords when she goes. She is certainly having a dig at Davidson for doing so. 

6 minutes ago, mutley said:

I haven’t followed this much so I’m unsure what all the fuss was about salmond finding out the names of the accusers. Is he not allowed to know? Surely that makes defending himself pretty tough. Can anyone shed any light on it for me

I presume it's that at the stage he was allegedly told a name, the matter should have been confidential. 

Of course he found out all the names in advance of the trial. 

She seems to think she doesn't need to answer any further questions on her alleged lies and corruption because she appeared at the committee 😮 🙄

Just now, Brian Dundas said:

How often do Governments publish legal advice? Genuine question, I don’t know, I suspect it is incredibly rare. 

Rarely. These were exceptional circumstances and clarity of what advice was given which would enable the committee and more importantly us a chance to judge what went wrong.

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

How often do Governments publish legal advice? Genuine question, I don’t know, I suspect it is incredibly rare. 

If my recollection is correct, Westminster didn't even publish the Attorney General's advice on the prorogation of Parliament when that got ruled unconstitutional. He just appeared at a parliamentary session.

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Normally they dont need to because they usualy follow it, In this case they ignored it to go after Fatso

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

No, the SNP do not accept peerages. 

Who's going to offer the radges one likesay?

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

She seems to think she doesn't need to answer any further questions on her alleged lies and corruption because she appeared at the committee 😮 🙄

She could well be asked to appear again if other evidence comes to light via the legal documents. 

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

She could well be asked to appear again if other evidence comes to light via the legal documents. 

If and when her obstruction is overcome.

We get Hamilton's report same day. That was a nice move by Sarwar to have it on record.

11 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is one interpretation of events, the SG put forward a different version, which was explained at great length many times yesterday but the FM.

How are you deciding who to believe?

By which hand he plays his flute. 

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It is not a good attribute for a FM to have - a bad temper - she cant control herself when challenged.

The forgetful ferret has been like that for as long as I can remember.

You want to have seen her outside Faslane back in the day.

44 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

She did but had no answer as to why the legal documents were withheld and then delayed till after her session yesterday. Any reasonable person would ask why were they withheld when they were instructed to release them and why were they released after the session. Apparently there are still leaves documents not yet been handed over.
We have already seen that they after much deliberation went ahead with case after legal advice said not to.

What was the legal advice given to Johnson on the prorogation of parliament ? Hasn't that been shown to be illegal? and I don't believe Johnson or anyone has published any advice given.

Edit: sorry I see others have made that point before me.

Edited by whodanny

8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

What was the legal advice given to Johnson on the prorogation of parliament ? Hasn't that been shown to be illegal? and I don't believe Johnson or anyone has published any advice given.

Edit: sorry I see others have made that point before me.

Tbf it's a Westminster/Holyrood thing once again. Different standards allowed to each. As you can see from several desperate posters here, a “woman not being able to control her anger” and “bullying” are now bad things again, since the Home Secretary has kept her job. :lol: