The rise and fall of The SNP.

Konrad von Carstein
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Coming over very well here, almost statesmanlike, independence a shoe-in now.

😁

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Her snarly wee lying coupon knows the game is up.

🤔

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

1 minute ago, lou said:

Jackie Weavers community council would be laughing at this shambles, I think Nicola will go home feeling like we do after most derbies, why on earth was I worried about that??

:yas:

Well she has admitted the government made mistakes and that’s why we are here. Who’s to to blame for mistakes in an institution and where does the buck stop. In my view if the many misses then the person at the top needs to consider their failure in the running of the institution and resign.

manaliveits105

The snp PR machine will be calling in all their favours with the weegia as we speak talking up her to the best of my knowledge forgetfulness near to tears Alex was my friend performance 

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well she has admitted the government made mistakes and that’s why we are here. Who’s to to blame for mistakes in an institution and where does the buck stop. In my view if the many misses then the person at the top needs to consider their failure in the running of the institution and resign.

Yet Boris is still at number 10 and has handed his Mrs millions to decorate. 

Cummings 

National debt

Brexit shambles 

110000 Dead

Catching covid

Giving million dollar contracts for PPE etc... To Pals and donors, not experts. 

What do you think? 

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Let's remember how the snp hounded out Henry McLeish and Wendy Alexander from their jobs. The same code of conduct doesnt apply to Sturgeon when she is guilty of far worse per the dafties.

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

The snp PR machine will be calling in all their favours with the weegia as we speak talking up her to the best of my knowledge forgetfulness near to tears Alex was my friend performance 

Get a grip, every media outlet in the UK except The National are anti SNP/SG/NS/Independence and until very recent Alex Salmond. 

What happened to Hancock, Patel and Cummings for their law breaks?

That's right, Feck all. And Hancock is swanning about as if he's untouchable. 

That Mitchell has shown herself right up as totally vindictive against Nicola Sturgeon and the public will not have missed it. 

willie wallace
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Get a grip, every media outlet in the UK except The National are anti SNP/SG/NS/Independence and until very recent Alex Salmond. 

Very true unfortunately.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What happened to Hancock, Patel and Cummings for their law breaks?

That's right, Feck all. And Hancock is swanning about as if he's untouchable. 

But Patel isn't going to save her. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cummings 

National debt

Brexit shambles 

110000 Dead

Catching covid

What do you think? 

Boris should out on his ear as should a few of the others down in Westminster. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cummings 

National debt

Brexit shambles 

110000 Dead

Catching covid

What do you think? 

Not going to argue your point as it's all a bit whataboutery Old Firm type nonsense.

The thing is, two wrongs don't make a right and for a person that continually loves to put others in their place when they are doing wrong, she should be contemplating her position. 

With the Indy poll ratings slowly falling (heading below the magic 50%)  wouldn't be surprised to see a challenge for the leadership soon.

23 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Getting desperate now Danny Boy 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cummings 

National debt

Brexit shambles 

110000 Dead

Catching covid

What do you think? 

He has an 85 seat majority until.Dec 2024. What is your lying Midden's majority again? 

I find it astonishing that some folk on both sides of the Indy/union debate can’t look out-with their own view points and look at this whole Saga in its own merits. This Sturgeon saga boils down to corruption and whilst the Indy debate is unfortunately tied into it because of the folk involved, the issues about Indy won’t magically disappear even if Sturgeon is forced to resign. 

People need to calm doon

Maroon Sailor

So after all the

I don't recall

I don't remember

I deeply regret

To the best of my knowlege

As far as I was aware

I don't know who leaked the name BUT IT WISNAE ME

Are we any closer to knowing the truth ?

The partisanship on this thread and Twitter is hilarious.

The truth is, at times she looked unconvincing and stretched credibility but there were no fatal blows here, and bar any further revelations,  her position is safe and this will have little impact on the election,  particularly compared to covid.

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Getting desperate now Danny Boy 😂😂😂

She or her government made mistakes in this sorry saga, one big one being Sturgeon signed of a policy that was found to be among other thing unlawful. Should she just learn from that mistake along with many other she made and was the boss over. Some mistakes made need punished especially ones that cost the tax payer money. Westminster is different they have made a shed load of costly mistakes those responsible need emptied too.

Edited by Boy Daniel

indianajones
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I find it astonishing that some folk on both sides of the Indy/union debate can’t look out-with their own view points and look at this whole Saga in its own merits. This Sturgeon saga boils down to corruption and whilst the Indy debate is unfortunately tied into it because of the folk involved, the issues about Indy won’t magically disappear even if Sturgeon is forced to resign. 

People need to calm doon

this.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

She or her government made mistakes in this sorry saga, one big one being Sturgeon signed of a policy that was found to be among other thing unlawful. Should she just learn from that mistake along with many other she made and was the boss over. Some mistakes made need punished especially ones that cost the tax payer money. Westminster is different they have made a shed load of costly mistakes those responsible need emptied too.

Like the one made by the former Lord Advocate resulting in the malicious prosecution of Whitehouse & Clark in connection with the Sevco saga.  That has cost the taxpayer around £24m so far, with some forecasting that the final bill could be up to £100m.  The £500k involved in this case is chicken feed by comparison.

Rodger Mellie
10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The truth is, at times she looked unconvincing and stretched credibility but there were no fatal blows here, and bar any further revelations,  her position is safe and this will have little impact on the election,  particularly compared to covid.

She still might be in trouble yet. If James Hamilton asserts in his inquiry that she did break the ministerial code then she'll be under intense pressure to resign. 

3 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

She still might be in trouble yet. If James Hamilton asserts in his inquiry that she did break the ministerial code then she'll be under intense pressure to resign. 

Absolutely. I just don't see anything occurring from today 

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So after all the

I don't recall

I don't remember

I deeply regret

To the best of my knowlege

As far as I was aware

I don't know who leaked the name BUT IT WISNAE ME

Are we any closer to knowing the truth ?

Sturgeon said she couldn’t wait for her opportunity to give evidence then basically provided no evidence 

Hopefully Hamilton enquiry will prove more telling 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon said she couldn’t wait for her opportunity to give evidence then basically provided no evidence 

Hopefully Hamilton enquiry will prove more telling 

She did what she is good at - deflection from her own doorstep and exonerated herself from personal wrong doing. These deeply regrets don't wash - too many of them for starters or her selective memory. She's good at being able to refer to notes on matters that she is comfortable with.

Very telling that nobody asked if she was the one that leaked the name of the complainant but she mentioned it twice that it wasn't her. She made sure that message was clear.

22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Your spot on with this, but would the SNP be better going forward with a new leader?, as whatever the outcome she has clearly lost a bit of credibility. She will be seen as a divisive figure and I can’t see this just going away. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Your spot on with this, but would the SNP be better going forward with a new leader?, as whatever the outcome she has clearly lost a bit of credibility. She will be seen as a divisive figure and I can’t see this just going away. 

She's always been a divisive figure

Edited by Maroon Sailor

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She's always been a divisive figure

If Jeaus H Christ himself became the new SNP leader he would be seen as a “divisive figure”. 
“Hes only giving bread and fishes to the poor” one tory arsehole bleated.

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Usually happens before the croak doesn't it?

I’m honestly trying to see the bits where “she’s about to crack” or “she’s on the ropes”

Hilarious man

The next piece in this saga will be what’s in the legal documents that Swinney failed to send over when he obliged to. 
It only adds fuel to the conspiracy theory and make people wonder what else is being withheld from the committee especially today as  it was Sturgeons turn in the spot light. You can’t ask questions on something you haven’t seen. Jackie Ballistic wasn’t well pleased it wasn’t available. Sturgeon may well be ask to appear again to answer questions if the documents reveal anything of note.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m honestly trying to see the bits where “she’s about to crack” or “she’s on the ropes”

Hilarious man

He was referring to the Duke of Edinburgh footage  interlude we had when the coverage of the committee enquiry disappeared for a few minutes.

Maroon Sailor

So after both have appeared before the Committee the question still remains

Who is lying ?

Salmond or Sturgeon ?

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

So after both have appeared before the Committee the question still remains

Who is lying ?

Salmond or Sturgeon ?

Who’s got the witnesses. And what way is the committee weighted when it comes to a vote. The SNP committee members won’t vote against her that’s for sure.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Who’s got the witnesses. And what way is the committee weighted when it comes to a vote. The SNP committee members won’t vote against her that’s for sure.

On Friday she won't recall facing the Committee

Can't remember anything on the 29th March as what she learnt on 2nd April totally obliterated her memory from her meeting with Aberdein who just popped in !

No notes to refer back to strangely.

manaliveits105

Nice £1.2 billion extra to Scotland from budget but as usual from Kate Forbes

Its not enough 

just say thanks Katie you’ll feel better

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hilarious man

Wrong post quoted or am I just missing something?

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The same Lord Advocate who was so reluctant to end the judicial review. This is the person who should be out on his ear for running a dysfunctional Crown Office.

Two different Lord Advocates.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Its not enough 

More cash to be stashed

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its not enough 

It's our money, not extra. We only get part of our own money, Westminster keeps the rest. Why can't you understand that?

38 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Not till after the election I would think.

There is no one really on her level in the SNP that is a prime candidate to take over and unless they suffer horrendous results in the election,  I doubt she'll come under pressure internally.

The problem in Scotland is that you have about half wanting independence and most will still vote SNP and a woeful level of opposition that will struggle to make inroads into that.

Think there is a gap for a left of centre party who advocate substantial devolution of power/federalism but Labour don't seem to want to fill that.

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

He was referring to the Duke of Edinburgh footage  interlude we had when the coverage of the committee enquiry disappeared for a few minutes.

Lol ok bud

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol ok bud

No idea what happened but the interruption was some black and white reel footage of the Duke in all his regalia.