The rise and fall of The SNP.

Jamstomorrow
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We have the plenty of renewable energy on tap.  But hey, we must be the only oil producing country in the world where it makes us skinter.

Why does it make us skinter?   I thought oil was our saviour?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

SNP party political broadcasts on now. My as well get in early before the sh!t hits the fan if Hamilton finds breaches of the ministerial code. 
Surprise surprise it’s about independence. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

8 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I am just worried that our renewable energy won't be enough to charge all the electric cars that we are going to be required to drive soon.  At least there will be more fresh air for us to breathe and export with the bottled water.

Plenty coal still in the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Why does it make us skinter?   I thought oil was our saviour?

According to Weirdo traitors everything will run out post independence. But hey let's keep going into more debt with the halfwits down in WM. 👍 I'm sure there'll be an English home looking for a pet jock post independence, so you'll not need to worry. 

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Perhaps we can export hot air too?

Blackford could make us a fortune 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Blackford could make us a fortune 

You'd be Scotland's richest person. 

Jamstomorrow

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Plenty coal still in the ground. 

Aye maybe, but as a new country, we wouldn't want thon Toonburg lassie on our case!

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You'd be Scotland's richest person. 

Nobody will be rich in Sturgeons Scotland luckily it’s ain’t happening 

willie wallace
28 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Does anyone know and can tell me what form her bullying took?

Treating her staff poorly,shouting and swearing at them.

She had been previously accused of this at 2 previous departments she worked in.

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

According to Weirdo traitors everything will run out post independence. But hey let's keep going into more debt with the halfwits down in WM. 👍 I'm sure there'll be an English home looking for a pet jock post independence, so you'll not need to worry. 

You are very fond of using the word 'traitors.'   I ask you again.  Why do you consider people who think differently from you, traitors?  I find you calling me a 'Jock' extremely offensive along with your assumption that I am not pro-independence!  What is your plan for reducing the current WM debt, a lot of which is spent in Scotland?

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Treating her staff poorly,shouting and swearing at them.

She had been previously accused of this at 2 previous departments she worked in.

Thanks for that Willie.   I just wonder nowadays if someone has not done their job as they should and get shouted at, because of the effect of that person not doing what they should have or when they should have causes big problems, is it considered bullying?

4 minutes ago, Candy said:

Memory like a fish

https://t.co/QWFCJgv8jc

She made the claim in very proud fashion that she answered all the questions at FMQs this afternoon. I’m sure the 5000 will be delighted to here that claim was as so false. 

Weakened Offender

Thanks for that Willie.   I just wonder nowadays if someone has not done their job as they should and get shouted at, because of the effect of that person not doing what they should have or when they should have causes big problems, is it considered bullying?

I just wonder nowadays. 😁

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Candy said:

Memory like a fish

https://t.co/QWFCJgv8jc

Brilliant if you were telling the truth would you forget 50 times 

but but nobody laid a glove on her like say 

the Scottish people deserve better 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Brilliant if you were telling the truth would you forget 50 times 

but but nobody laid a glove on her like say 

the Scottish people deserve better 

Still greeting 😁

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Non stop what aboot the toaries though seems to be the nervous nationalists only defence of deceitful Nicky and the SG 

James Hamilton wont be interested in that thankfully if she broke the ministerial code she is oot .

Dry yer eyes mate. Its no happening and you are the biggest flag flyer on here about that so you MUST be spewing!

:jj:

15 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You are very fond of using the word 'traitors.'   I ask you again.  Why do you consider people who think differently from you, traitors?  I find you calling me a 'Jock' extremely offensive along with your assumption that I am not pro-independence!  What is your plan for reducing the current WM debt, a lot of which is spent in Scotland?

What kind of question is that? :lol:

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Cruyff said:

What kind of question is that? :lol:

Ri alban posted :  According to Weirdo traitors everything will run out post independence. But hey let's keep going into more debt with the halfwits down in WM. 👍 I'm sure there'll be an English home looking for a pet jock post independence, so you'll not need to worry. 

I am saying that WM debt is UK debt.  A lot of debt accruing money has been sent to us here in Scotland as we are currently in the UK by 'those halfwits down in WM.'   I was just wondering what suggestion he had for reducing the debt that he claims 'those halfwits in WM' are getting us into.  Stop sending us money is one way I suppose.

21 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yeah? And the £Billions that isnt spent in Scotland that we get saddled with 10% of. What happens to that?

Scotland will have paid for almost 10% of London Crossrail, London Sewerage upgrades, upgrades to the palace of Westminster, HS2 (that doesnt come anywhere near Scotland) and many others that are of zero benefit to Scotland.

It was Scottish oil that paid for the M25, Heathrow expansion, the Falklands war and the channel tunnel plus propping up the economy when Maggie shut all the heavy industry down and put millions on the dole overnight.

Unyet, Scotland is not even allowed to borrow as much as £1 pound and legally, we have to balance our budget every year and you're asking what happens to the debt?

Westminster governments make spending decisions on whatever they feel like. Scotland didn't even vote for those governments but they get to decide what they spend borrowed money on and how much debt we get saddled with!

Ram the debt up yer hoop along with your Nuclear weapons that nobody in Scotland voted for either!

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah? And the £Billions that isnt spent in Scotland that we get saddled with 10% of. What happens to that?

Scotland will have paid for almost 10% of London Crossrail, London Sewerage upgrades, upgrades to the palace of Westminster, HS2 (that doesnt come anywhere near Scotland) and many others that are of zero benefit to Scotland.

It was Scottish oil that paid for the M25, Heathrow expansion, the Falklands war and the channel tunnel plus propping up the economy when Maggie shut all the heavy industry down and put millions on the dole overnight.

A point I made earlier this week and am happy to see repeated.

Getting London's defecit down isn't Scotland's problem. 

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

I see tag teaming is OK so long as its staunch and supportive of the Union 🤔

Isn't it always like this ? 

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Unyet, Scotland is not even allowed to borrow as much as £1 pound and legally, we have to balance our budget every year and you're asking what happens to the debt?

Westminster governments make spending decisions on whatever they feel like. Scotland didn't even vote for those governments but they get to decide what they spend borrowed money on and how much debt we get saddled with!

Ram the debt up yer hoop along with your Nuclear weapons that nobody in Scotland voted for either!

I am sure our SNP members at Westminster had the chance to oppose all or most of the the things you have mentioned.   Is it true that if you added up all the people of Scotland who voted for the various other parties and therefore did not vote for the snp, the actually snp votes were in the minority?  However, the way democracy works, the snp were elected.

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

I am sure our SNP members at Westminster had the chance to oppose all or most of the the things you have mentioned.   Is it true that if you added up all the people of Scotland who voted for the various other parties and therefore did not vote for the snp, the actually snp votes were in the minority?  However, the way democracy works, the snp were elected.

Isn't that how it works in the rest of the UK ? 

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Ri alban posted :  According to Weirdo traitors everything will run out post independence. But hey let's keep going into more debt with the halfwits down in WM. 👍 I'm sure there'll be an English home looking for a pet jock post independence, so you'll not need to worry. 

I am saying that WM debt is UK debt.  A lot of debt accruing money has been sent to us here in Scotland as we are currently in the UK by 'those halfwits down in WM.'   I was just wondering what suggestion he had for reducing the debt that he claims 'those halfwits in WM' are getting us into.  Stop sending us money is one way I suppose.

It's the UK's debt which Scotland pays its interest share of and always has done.

The point is, that debt was not accrued by Scotland as Scotland does not have powers to borrow but Scotland pays interest on the UKs debt, some 4.5bn per year I believe. 

They don't send us money. Scotlands budget is set by WM. 70% of Scotlands revenues are controlled by WM and 40% of that is spent by the UK Government on areas that are reserved. 

Half the paid for projects I listed were before we even had a Scottish parliament.

Scotland cant borrow. How can it be in debt?

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Isn't that how it works in the rest of the UK ? 

Yes, I think so.   But if you think about it, the majority of the people of Scotland did not therefore vote snp.  Just saying.

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Half the paid for projects I listed were before we even had a Scottish parliament.

Because it is UK debt and Scotland is part of the UK.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'll wait. 

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes, I think so.   But if you think about it, the majority of the people of Scotland did not therefore vote snp.  Just saying.

That's a matter of fact : what is the point your making ? 

Jamstomorrow
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

That's a matter of fact : what is the point your making ? 

People on here are complaining about a WM government that we did not vote for.   The majority of people in Scotland did not vote for the snp.

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Because it is UK debt and Scotland is part of the UK.

Scotland didn't borrow the money, Westminster did, so they'll be paying it back.

That's how loans work : the party that borrows the money pays it back. 

Unless you can demonstrate by which law/legal convention a newly independent country is saddles with the debts of its colonial master ? 

John Findlay

People on here are complaining about a WM government that we did not vote for.   The majority of people in Scotland did not vote for the snp.

WM parliament or Holyrood?

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Nicola absolutely ragdolled the Baroness today. Hugely pleasing scenes. 😊

Then newbie Sarwar ragdolled midden heid. Sadly she won't be around to take more skelpings after Hamilton's report drops. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

We're not a 2 party state, very rarely does one party get a majority of votes. Not to mention that the SNP have less than half the seats anyway, it's something like 46% of the votes got them 48% of the seats, with the greens supporting the minority government.

It's pretty bloody close to exactly the government we voted for, especially considering the SNP polled more votes than Labour and the Tories combined.

Edited by Smithee

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We're not a 2 party state, very rarely does one party get a majority of votes. Not to mention that the SNP have less than half the seats anyway, it's something like 46% of the votes got them 48% of the seats, with the greens supporting the minority government.

It's pretty bloody close to exactly the government we voted for, especially considering the SNP polled more views than Labour and the Tories combined.

I think a lot of traditional Labour voters have shifted to the snp.  

willie wallace
52 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I am inclined to believe everything they say about her😃

Weakened Offender
Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

A lot slithered to the toaries too. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's the UK's debt which Scotland pays its interest share of and always has done.

The point is, that debt was not accrued by Scotland as Scotland does not have powers to borrow but Scotland pays interest on the UKs debt, some 4.5bn per year I believe. 

They don't send us money. Scotlands budget is set by WM. 70% of Scotlands revenues are controlled by WM and 40% of that is spent by the UK Government on areas that are reserved. 

Not accrued by Scotland? Scotland has been in surplus for the past 314 years has it? Nat alternative facts are taller than the Scott Monument.

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Not accrued by Scotland? Scotland has been in surplus for the past 314 years has it? Nat alternative facts are taller than the Scott Monument.

Was the Union of the Crowns not brought about because we were not in a good way financially?  

Anas Sarwar will claw many back. 14 years of failure and Sturgeon's imminent departure to return their fortunes and save Scotland from rancor and ruin. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Back of fag packet maths would have our share at somewhere around 100 million. Based on population and current uk debt of 2 trillion. 

I don't know what sort of fags you have been smoking, but 8.2% of £2trillion is a tad more than £100m, 

£164 billion give or take the odd billlion.