The rise and fall of The SNP.

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Third comment on Twitter sums up this latest stunt from the ministry of lies

7600 new members in a day, week, month, year, century....???

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I think a lot of traditional Labour voters have shifted to the snp.  

Undoubtedly

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Was the Union of the Crowns not brought about because we were not in a good way financially?  

Bankrupt and needed bailed out. 

Scotland benefits from the borrowing that Westminster does on our behalf. Whether we think that benefit is good or bad is a partisan issue. However the interest rates the WM government would be far better than those the SG would get. 

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Anas Sarwar will claw many back. 14 years of failure and Sturgeon's imminent departure to return their fortunes and save Scotland from rancor and ruin. 

I wonder if he will can do anything about the rancour on this site?  Lol

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Was the Union of the Crowns not brought about because we were not in a good way financially?  

Union of the Crowns 1603. King James the VI of Scotland becomes King James the I of England.

Union of the parliaments 1707. No referendum held in either country to see if the peoples of both nations agreed to this.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Jack lad will be along in a minute to tell you ‘that’s a squirrel which won’t get much attention’ as he told me last night when I said 7k new members. 

I’ve still got no idea what a squirrel is 😂 🐿 squirrel 🐿 

A squirrel is a moment of distraction of random nothingness designed to divert attention. Capiche now Barney?

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Scotland benefits from the borrowing that Westminster does on our behalf. Whether we think that benefit is good or bad is a partisan issue. However the interest rates the WM government would be far better than those the SG would get. 

Can Scotland as a country borrow on its own?   Do we not need to have our own Central Bank to do that?

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Union of the Crowns 1603. King James the VI of Scotland becomes King James the I of England.

Union of the parliaments 1707. No referendum held in either country to see if the peoples of both nations agreed to this.

Probably because next to nobody could read.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not accrued by Scotland? Scotland has been in surplus for the past 314 years has it? Nat alternative facts are taller than the Scott Monument.

So Scotland has suddenly become an Independent Country that has debt, aye?

I thought we were a devolved administration as part of the United Kingdom?

Unionists cannae make up their minds it seems. 

:vrface:

As a matter of interest Scotland with only 8.4% of the UK population possesses 34% of the UK’s natural wealth.

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Can Scotland as a country borrow on its own?   Do we not need to have our own Central Bank to do that?

I think that is the case

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

More likely just print off the new currency like no tomorrow. Won't take long before you need a wheelbarrow load of Sturgeons to buy a loaf Zimbabwe style.

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

More likely just print off the new currency like no tomorrow. Won't take long before you need a wheelbarrow load of Sturgeons to buy a loaf Zimbabwe style.

I think the currency should be the bawbee.

🤣

"nurse, nurse... He's got out again" 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Bankrupt and needed bailed out. 

Yup, although it was the union of parliaments in 1707.  Spent all our money on an expedition to colonise Darien (Panama), long before the canal was there. :whistling:

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

As a matter of interest Scotland with only 8.4% of the UK population possesses 34% of the UK’s natural wealth.

And 68℅ of the UK's natural erseholes. 

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Yup.  Spent all our money on an expedition to colonise Darien (Panama), long before the canal was there. :whistling:

Really?  How much did that jaunt cost?

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

My worry is that with all the going green, oil will become worth didly.  How will we support our independent utopia then?  I suppose whisky export revenue,  allied to a lesser extent, shortbread may help.

Renewable energy and harnessing it which will be constant in some capacity. Scottish people and others who live here are important and the best resource.

Scotland is a relatively well educated country and I would like to think many of us would do our best to make our country successful. At least it would stop the bickering and we would get the governments we voted for. I also think our whole psyche would change for the better as we would become more confident about many things. We would be making decisions on behalf of the people living in Scotland. It's not solely about economics but there's every possibility the Scottish diaspora would also invest in Scotland.

Jamstomorrow

Come on. You’re totally at it. I can’t believe people are actually answering your questions😂

It's a relevant question.  Seemingly Scotland spent all its money on this scheme.  I was wondering how much.

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scotland is a relatively well educated country 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

And 68℅ of the UK's natural erseholes. 

download.png.a3c81cfe362cee054b306511e40e40f9.png

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Come on. You’re totally at it. I can’t believe people are actually answering your questions😂

Yep, he's another poster on this thread who's switched accounts imo. 🙄

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep, he's another poster on this thread who's switched accounts imo. 🙄

No.  You are incorrect.  Just someone whose heart says yes, but head kinda says no.

Jamstomorrow

Proclaiming to be really interested in how an independent Scotland might look by absolutely nailing every question that would be included in nawbag bingo😂

Should I just blindly follow like the sheep?

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Renewable energy and harnessing it which will be constant in some capacity. Scottish people and others who live here are important and the best resource.

Scotland is a relatively well educated country and I would like to think many of us would do our best to make our country successful. At least it would stop the bickering and we would get the governments we voted for. I also think our whole psyche would change for the better as we would become more confident about many things. We would be making decisions on behalf of the people living in Scotland. It's not solely about economics but there's every possibility the Scottish diaspora would also invest in Scotland.

Eh, well I wish you well. Should the dafties win I will be joining the diaspora. Not giving up my UK passport or citizenship or pension or NHS access or independence from Brussels. I assume a few hundred thousand will do likewise: those with the resources and education. 

Edited by JackLadd

Konrad von Carstein
27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Third comment on Twitter sums up this latest stunt from the ministry of lies

7600 new members in a day, week, month, year, century....???

giphy.gif

Roxy Hearts
29 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Anas Sarwar will claw many back. 14 years of failure and Sturgeon's imminent departure to return their fortunes and save Scotland from rancor and ruin. 

I voted Labour for years. Never again! Took Scotland for granted. Sarwar was a loathsome creep first time around and he's a "tube" to coin a phrase.

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Standard & Poor's have confirmed that an independent Scotland would start with a AAA credit rating, while the UK were downgraded to AA a few years ago and are in danger of dropping further.

Scotland would actually have access to lower interest rates, but thanks for bringing it up.

Edited by Smithee

2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

giphy.gif

C'mon.... Sturgeon just needs to stamp a size 3 and a new legion of her numpties spring up as if by magic. 

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Eh, well I wish you well. Should the dafties win I will be joining the diaspora. Not giving up my UK passport or citizenship of pension or NHS access or independence from Brussels. I assume a few hundred thousand will do likewise: those with the resources and education. 

Go live in Berwick mate.  still close enough to travel to Tynie.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Eh, well I wish you well. Should the dafties win I will be joining the diaspora. Not giving up my UK passport or citizenship or pension or NHS access or independence from Brussels. I assume a few hundred thousand will do likewise: those with the resources and education. 

Pension and NHS? Tories will sell off the NHS anyway.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yup, although it was the union of parliaments in 1707.  Spent all our money on an expedition to colonise Darien (Panama), long before the canal was there. :whistling:

The nobles had spent all their money. They were possibly wanting their cash back. We had to accept a lot of debt to join the union too. 

Less than 1% of the population voted in this issue too. Needless to say it didn’t go down too well. 

A30A3202-6BC6-4140-A3F1-C6D73C865D6A.jpeg

Jamstomorrow

Scotland will have its own NHS.

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

Go live in Berwick mate.  still close enough to travel to Tynie.

Yup. Will become a boomtown should the unthinkable happen.

Is that the UK state pension which is the worst in the developed world?

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Selling it to Trump apparently, or was that last months nataganda? 

Jamstomorrow

Yup. Will become a boomtown should the unthinkable happen.

No doubt some would refer to you as a Boomtown Rat!  Lol

Just now, Cruyff said:

I'd wait till you turn 67 in iScotland for that particular badge, not that developed world status would be anything but tenuous. 

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

In an Indie Scotland, can we look forward to our pension becoming world beating?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

In an Indie Scotland, can we look forward to our pension becoming world beating?

It doesn't need to beat the world to beat the UK

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You'd get a Greek pension from the snp. Translates as 70% less than you would have got. Also known as a Jim Bowen come and see what you couldve won pension.

Just now, JackLadd said:

I'd wait till you turn 67 in iScotland for that particular badge, not that developed world status would be anything but tenuous. 

🤣 

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

No one knows. How can you predict something that hasn't happened? I'm sure our pensioners will be fine however. 

16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You won't.

Many leave every year , have done for decades (I'm one of them) due to lack of opportunity.

But words are cheap. 

Jamstomorrow

Correct. Worst in the developed world and by far in Europe. 29% of average salary. 

My Dutch relatives and pals take the absolute piss out of the UK. 

How are they getting on with their Covid vaccines?

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

C'mon.... Sturgeon just needs to stamp a size 3 and a new legion of her numpties spring up as if by magic. 

Oaft! Where's the burn clinic?

:vrface: