The rise and fall of The SNP.

7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If Scotland gains independence, I suspect you will see pension robbing (or call it re-directing if you like) turned into a fine art.

There'll be a lot more robbery from Scotland before, and during independence negotiations. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Jamstomorrow
Just now, ri Alban said:

There'll be a lot more robbery from Scotland before, and during independence negotiations. 

Thankfully we have our vast oil revenues to fall back on.

58 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Propaganda and a poor defence of the Union by inept politicians. 

You are right - a lot changes in 20 years... but a lot will change in 20 years from now. I am always aghast at how pessimistic some people are. What is popular today won't necessarily be popular tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if the SNP die out in the next 20 years. Things have their peaks and there's only so long an irrational cause can stay at a height before coming down.

A what ? :rofl:

The SNP isn't going to die out : the desire for independence might wane but the SNP will still exist.

PS I'm not an SNP supporter. 

Jamstomorrow
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A what ? :rofl:

The SNP isn't going to die out : the desire for independence might wane but the SNP will still exist.

PS I'm not an SNP supporter. 

If Scotland gets independence, will there be any further need for the snp?

The report in to the Ministerial code will be the one that determines if there is any lasting damage on Sturgeon or the SNP but it looks like Baroness Photoshoot and DRoss have severely misjudged the mood of the nation and a lack of self awareness of similar if not far worse going on with their own party in Westminster as well as er, 'going into bed' with Salmond, who even himself has admitted he acted inappropriately.

Greens need to be careful where they go so as not to completely lose the second list votes and there is only so longer Scottish Labour can go without realising the being the Tories lap dogs in Scotland is what is costing them votes.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't care - I said I'm not an SNP supporter. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Candy said:

Good to see whitabootery is alive and well 

Good to see you back posting on the thread pal. 

Some 48 hours, eh? 😁

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't care - I said I'm not an SNP supporter. 

Of course if independence was an unmitigated disaster, it might be handy not to have a snp around to blame.

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Of course if independence was an unmitigated disaster, it might be handy not to have a snp around to blame.

I'd imagine we'd be a one party state where criticism of the new Almighty Leader is "hate speech" and where the State appoints people to join each family to monitor their "well being" and to ensure no-one steps out of line.

1984 you say? Perhaps - but inspired by SNP policy (minus the one party state).

25 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Thankfully we have our vast oil revenues to fall back on.

On that, the border will be reset and the oil reserves allocated to England will be Scotland's again. 

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I'd imagine we'd be a one party state where criticism of the new Almighty Leader is "hate speech" and where the State appoints people to join each family to monitor their "well being" and to ensure no-one steps out of line.

1984 you say? Perhaps - but inspired by SNP policy (minus the one party state).

But Scotland will be a welcoming country for all people regardless of nationality, colour, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation.  There will be no need for a Hate Crime Bill.  It will be a nirvana for all.

Jamstomorrow
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

On that, the border will be reset and the oil reserves allocated to England will be Scotland's again. 

My worry is that with all the going green, oil will become worth didly.  How will we support our independent utopia then?  I suppose whisky export revenue,  allied to a lesser extent, shortbread may help.

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

My worry is that with all the going green, oil will become worth didly.  How will we support our independent utopia then?  I suppose whisky export revenue,  allied to a lesser extent, shortbread may help.

I mean how do other independent countries without oil support themselves? We have water, tourism and plenty other natural resources to sustain ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

But Scotland will be a welcoming country for all people regardless of nationality, colour, sexual orientation, religion, political affiliation.  There will be no need for a Hate Crime Bill.  It will be a nirvana for all.

Except the English, of course!

8 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Well we will have much more room when the rabid unionists depart for England

Peakybunnet
Just now, JJ93 said:

The English will always be welcome in Scotland. They would be our closest neighbours and friends. 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Personally I think if they do carry on they'll shrink dramatically in size and influence. They're a compromise party for people who gather round the independence banner but there are too many different voices and ideals for the SNP to stay relevant after, there'll be new parties I reckon 

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I mean how do other independent countries without oil support themselves? We have water, tourism and plenty other natural resources to sustain ourselves. 

I suppose as we get plenty rain, we can export water to counties who have drought.   Mind, to be fair, having so much rain may not help our tourist trade.  Our natural resources such as coal and gold should see us alright.

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, lou said:

Well we will have much more room when the rabid unionists depart for England

But, but what happens if those 'rabid unionists' don't go to England?  Mind if they do, I hope they don't call us names as we might not have a Hate Crime Bill to charge them with.

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Ok, the info I got on 7,000 new members was incorrect, it's only 5,000 SNP gains 5000 new members after Nicola Sturgeon's committee appearance | The National

AROUND 5000 people have joined the SNP following Nicola Sturgeon’s eight-hour evidence session in front of Holyrood’s harassment committee, the party has said. 

Social media was awash with reports of a membership surge last night. Many of those who signed up appeared to be rejoining. 

I suppose as it's reported in the national, they'll all be lying as well😀

500 would be an exaggeration 

the nawtional :greggy:

8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Only by racists but welcomed by the vast majority of the population.

17 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You do know that Scotland’s share of the uk financial sector is worth north of 1trillion pounds. The tax raised from this is not credited to Scotland but classed as a uk tax raising vehicle. 

24 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Ok, the info I got on 7,000 new members was incorrect, it's only 5,000 SNP gains 5000 new members after Nicola Sturgeon's committee appearance | The National

AROUND 5000 people have joined the SNP following Nicola Sturgeon’s eight-hour evidence session in front of Holyrood’s harassment committee, the party has said. 

Social media was awash with reports of a membership surge last night. Many of those who signed up appeared to be rejoining. 

:pleasing: 

Jamstomorrow
Just now, jamboy1982 said:

You do know that Scotland’s share of the uk financial sector is worth north of 1trillion pounds. The tax raised from this is not credited to Scotland but classed as a uk tax raising vehicle. 

Yes, but to be fair, what will our share of the national debt be?  I don't suppose it is a piddling amount?

Unknown user
Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

Yes, but to be fair, what will our share of the national debt be?  I don't suppose it is a piddling amount?

It's not the norm at all so why would Scotland take a share of the UK's debt?

Back of fag packet maths would have our share at somewhere around 100 million. Based on population and current uk debt of 2 trillion. 

Just now, jamboy1982 said:

Back of fag packet maths would have our share at somewhere around 100 million. Based on population and current uk debt of 2 trillion. 

But if we’re taking the share of the debt surely we are therefore entitled to a fair share of the uk assets?? If we have say 5% of the debt then we should receive 5% of assets. I think I’d take that, assets would be worth more than the debt.

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Smithee said:

It's not the norm at all so why would Scotland take a share of the UK's debt?

I am no financial wizard, but if we are independent and entitled to a share of UK wealth, why are we not responsible for a share of UK debt?  That seems fair.  We don't want to be seen as unfair.

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Magic 😎

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If Scotland gains independence, I suspect you will see pension robbing (or call it re-directing if you like) turned into a fine art.

That's assuming there will be pensions

I can see "I cannae remember" sucking everybody's UK pension dry to help drug addiction.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I am no financial wizard, but if we are independent and entitled to a share of UK wealth, why are we not responsible for a share of UK debt?  That seems fair.  We don't want to be seen as unfair.

I'm not aware of a single example of that happening in all the border changes and secessions in European history. The successor state is a new legal entity that had no say in the creation of the debt and can't be held responsible for it

Jamstomorrow
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not aware of a single example of that happening in all the border changes and secessions in European history. The successor state is a new legal entity that had no say in the creation of the debt and can't be held responsible for it

you may be right, but for the same reasons, why should we then be entitled to our share of UK assets as some suggest?  That doesn't seem fair, to be fair.   As a new state, we must be seen to be fair.

Jamstomorrow
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's assuming there will be pensions

I can see "I cannae remember" sucking everybody's UK pension dry to help drug addiction.

I think drugs will be given away to addicts for free.  Mind you, nothing is really 'free.'  It has to be paid fir by the taxpayer somehow.

Unknown user

you may be right, but for the same reasons, why should we then be entitled to our share of UK assets as some suggest?  That doesn't seem fair, to be fair.   As a new state, we must be seen to be fair.

I'm perfectly happy with taking what belongs to us and leaving the rest behind, the physical assets are generally pretty obvious.

willie wallace

I see Priti Patel has come to a six figure sum agreement with former permanent secretary Philip Rutnam ahead of  a tribunal investigating whether she broke the ministerial code.

Johnson had ordered a cabinet enquiry which found her guilty of bullying and therefore had broken the ministerial code.

Lucky for her Johnson was the sole arbiter in the case and he thought she was not guilty.

Easy when you know how.

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

I see Priti Patel has come to a six figure sum agreement with former permanent secretary Philip Rutnam ahead of  a tribunal investigating whether she broke the ministerial code.

Johnson had ordered a cabinet enquiry which found her guilty of bullying and therefore had broken the ministerial code.

Lucky for her Johnson was the sole arbiter in the case and he thought she was not guilty.

Easy when you know how.

Does anyone know and can tell me what form her bullying took?

Weakened Offender

Does anyone know and can tell me what form her bullying took?

Bless. 

Jamstomorrow
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Bless. 

Is that a term for some form of bullying?  I have never heard of that.

John Findlay
55 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

We have an abundance of the most important commodity in the world.

Water.

Jamstomorrow
Just now, John Findlay said:

We have an abundance of the most important commodity in the world.

Water.

Can't argue with you there Jonny, but what happens with all this global warming?   Also I may be a bit dumb in all this, but I can't say that I have heard of Scotland exporting water around the world.

John Findlay

Can't argue with you there Jonny, but what happens with all this global warming?   Also I may be a bit dumb in all this, but I can't say that I have heard of Scotland exporting water around the world.

They do in bottles. Give it time.

Better late than never some more documents have been released and more to be released tomorrow. I wonder what they will reveal and if the FM will be summoned to the committee to answer more questions? 
Very clever though to release them after the FM has given her side of the story anyone would think they were hiding something. 

Jamstomorrow
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

They do in bottles. Give it time.

I suppose we could supplement that with bottles of fresh Scottish air.

59 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

We have the plenty of renewable energy on tap.  But hey, we must be the only oil producing country in the world where it makes us skinter.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Better late than never some more documents have been released and more to be released tomorrow. I wonder what they will reveal and if the FM will be summoned to the committee to answer more questions? 
Very clever though to release them after the FM has given her side of the story anyone would think they were hiding something. 

As long as she can't bat them off with

I cannae recall

I cannae remember 

I dinnae know who did that but it wiznae me

Jamstomorrow

I am just worried that our renewable energy won't be enough to charge all the electric cars that we are going to be required to drive soon.  At least there will be more fresh air for us to breathe and export with the bottled water.

Jamstomorrow
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not forgetting the scotch mist on which snp place great reliance 

Perhaps we can export hot air too?