• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Pasquale for King

The Mercer Takeover
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If Stendel doesn't change tactics and we lose against St Mirren we are as good as relegated. 

The supporters who called for Leveins head and booed the players, destroying their confidence in the process, will have only themselves to blame. Of course they won't accept that.

This is a new one.

So it's now our fault the Levein reign was an utter shambles.

Worst post I have seen in a while.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If Stendel doesn't change tactics and we lose against St Mirren we are as good as relegated. 

The supporters who called for Leveins head and booed the players, destroying their confidence in the process, will have only themselves to blame. Of course they won't accept that.

😂😂

12 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What a load of nonsense. Those games were far more important than this Friday. As was beating Aberdeen to clinch second spot in 2006. As was winning the relegation derby.

Even if we do get relegated, it will not scar us for years.

Gies peace! 😄

I actually do think relegation this time around would scar us. Financially it's terrible timing. With us about to move into fan ownership it would be terrible having less money to run the club. Also there is no guarantee the benefactors would keep backing us in the championship.

I don't think relegation will be determined by the St Mirren game. There will be a few twists and turns between now and the end of the season and I think we will collect more points than our relegation battle rivals

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hahahahahaha 

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well said Craig...

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Hahahahahaha 

You think Hearts current predicament is funny? 

About as funny as seeing distinctly average teams ripping holes in our defence at will?

12 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

I actually do think relegation this time around would scar us. Financially it's terrible timing. With us about to move into fan ownership it would be terrible having less money to run the club. Also there is no guarantee the benefactors would keep backing us in the championship.

I don't think relegation will be determined by the St Mirren game. There will be a few twists and turns between now and the end of the season and I think we will collect more points than our relegation battle rivals

Don’t want relegated and it would mean a decrease in what we pull in. However, our turnover is currently well above twice what it was last time we were down, and we would have the FoH subs too. Personally I’d be upping mine, and I’d be voting for the money to be spent on making sure we built a squad that came straight back up.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

About as funny as seeing distinctly average teams ripping holes in our defence at will?

I'm fairly sure folk were laughing at you and not hearts predicament. 

Here we go again, Levein would've kept us up. We would've still been drawing and losing games, not for the amount of goals we've conceded but because we couldn't score goals. A 3-3 for example against Killie under Stendel would've been the same as a 1-1 under Levein. One manager attacks to get goals, the other defends so as not to lose many. Complete opposites which result in much the same, either way.

Some are saying change manager now. I get why they might say that. I also get why others say keep Stendel. It's a tricky one. Firstly, IF (and it's a big if) Stendel was to be sacked, how could we afford to pay off his contract? Would we do a Levein and keep him in the background? How could we afford to pay off his assistants? Have to say that we appear to have got a little bit worse since they came in actually, which is a bit weird! If he was to be sacked however, i'd be bringing in Locke and Naysmith to cover 'til summer. Said that even when Levein got his cards. Doubt they would play the high-press game. Someone at Hearts needs to tell Stendel that the high-press may work fine in the future, when he can get a few of his own players in. Up until then he simply has to change to a simple back four and forget high-pressing fullbacks, it's causing too many spaces and mistakes during games. He MUST see this himself. We, the fans can, other managers can and pundits and media types can as well.

It's a difficult one, but one I believe can be sorted with the correct formation and shape. Let's just hope Stendel does, or we really are bad lucked!

Edited by jambonian

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

:rofl: 

Hopefully a win on Friday will give us all the added bonus of you disappearing again. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t want relegated and it would mean a decrease in what we pull in. However, our turnover is well above twice what it was last time we were down, and we would have the FoH subs too. Personally I’d be upping mine, and I’d be voting for the money to be spent on making sure we built a squad that came straight back up.

Our wage bill is significantly higher now though. I don't know the exact figures of course but I'm assuming it's much higher and a lot of them are on decent contracts. Last time we were more or less starting from a blank balance sheet, this time it would be trickier. We need to pay the stand off as well. 

Budge said at the AGM that cup competitions played a big part in our revenue for the last financial year too. So we could certainly do with beating Rangers too!

I would probably up my FOH too and I'm sure many would. 

Tomorrow's game is massive and probably our biggest since coming out of admin. 

We need to address or form in general and even more so away from home. I just hope Stendel makes the right decisions tactic wise.

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Here we go again, Levein would've kept us up. We would've still been drawing and losing games, not for the amount of goals we've conceded but because we couldn't score goals. A 3-3 for example against Killie under Stendel would've been the same as a 1-1 under Levein. One manager attacks to get goals, the other defends so as not to lose many. Complete opposites which result in much the same, either way.

Some are saying change manager now. I get why they might say that. I also get why others say keep Stendel. It's a tricky one. Firstly, IF (and it's a big if) Stendel was to be sacked, how could we afford to pay off his contract? Would we do a Levein and keep him in the background? How could we afford to pay off his assistants? Have to say that we appear to have got a little bit worse since they came in actually, which is a bit weird! If he was to be sacked however, i'd be bringing in Locke and Naysmith to cover 'til summer. Said that even when Levein got his cards. Doubt they would play the high-press game. Someone at Hearts needs to tell Stendel that the high-press may work fines ane gets a few o his own players in. Up until then he simply has to change to a simple back four and forget high-pressing fullbacks, it's causing too many spaces and mistakes during games. He MUST see this himself. We, the fans can, other managers can and pundits and media types can as well.

It's a difficult one, but one I believe can be sorted with the correct formation and shape. Let's just hope Stendel does, or we really are bad lucked!

The reality is that we are stuck with Stendel now. Only the blindest supporters won't admit to the glaring errors he has made so far.

There have been no indications that he will change his style, we'll just have to see what transpires. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

5 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Our wage bill is significantly higher now though. I don't know the exact figures of course but I'm assuming it's much higher and a lot of them are on decent contracts. Last time we were more or less starting from a blank balance sheet, this time it would be trickier. We need to pay the stand off as well. 

Budge said at the AGM that cup competitions played a big part in our revenue for the last financial year too. So we could certainly do with beating Rangers too!

I would probably up my FOH too and I'm sure many would. 

The scale of the business is much larger now. Obviously TV money plays a big part in that too, and the smaller crowds from smaller away supports would make a dent too. We would need to shed players as well, but I’m fairly confident our income would be at least over twice that of any other team down there. 

I actually suspect we’d see us set a new points record in all honesty.

Anyway, sod going down and finding out!

Over to you Danny! 

The reality is that we are stuck with Stendel now. Only the blindest supporters won't admit to the glaring errors he has made so far.

There have been no indications that he will change his style, we'll just have to see what transpires. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Ah, the Leveinbot that finds it impossible to say anything negative about Levein

Are you able to interface with bookie websites? :whistling:

Agree. Can't see him going anywhere. Especially given we've invested in his coaching staff too. 

It does remind me a little bit of the Cathro era though unfortunately where the players are possibly not suited to the style he wants.

Stendel has also been a bit unlucky with Sibbick in particular. Not saying he would have massively changed results but we need muscle in midfield. Also Advijaj has had a bit of a false start to his Hearts career.

39 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Not even subtle. Beyond ridicolous. 

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl: 

Hopefully a win on Friday will give us all the added bonus of you disappearing again. 

It’s like a fire if you give it oxygen it keeps burning.

20 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The same happened with Levein. 5-0 loss going on 10 to the pub team Livingston was unforgivable. He should have walked or been made to then. No other club in the top 3 or 4 of Scottish football would have put up with that yet he was still allowed to remain. 

20 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I think you are being a bit naive, the way he emptied Berra and others was pretty severe and will have shook the players, both those that agree'd and those that didn't.  Not looking for an argument but Daniel has made some big statements by actions and also verbally.  Listen, if I could see or thought his masterplan was working I wouldn't care but right now it's not even close to working imo

Guy really didn't have a choice did he?, in order to get in players he wanted he had to get rid of players, sad state of affairs when this was the case. 

Don't remember any previous managers having to work with that recently, quite simply budge should of said, unfortunately we have spunked the budget on signing Naismith / Whelan and signing players on long term contracts. 

So Daniel will need to wheel and deal to get Hearts out of trouble. 

I went all balls in with our previous manager and failed. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

"Opinions" are not trolling. Silly JKB. Have we not learned?!

Yep. It’s “healthy to have different opinions”. We learned this when lots of folk were spamming those opinions in a concerted manner previously.

13 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Nope, disagree. Those are happy memories, one off's. Defeat to St Mirren could potentially scar Hearts for years. 

There isn't enough room on the internet for all the cornettes that this post merits!

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

WE! wE! WE? FECKIN we?????

42 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Are these 'benefactors' paying player wages?  I might have read on here some suggestion that they're contributing to Naismith's salary.  But it's so difficult to tell who knows what and who's just adding two and two and making up whatever comes into their head.  It would be a tad concerning if we were relying on benefactors to maintain financial stability.

38 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What like this? 

1 minute ago, Haken said:

Are these 'benefactors' paying player wages?  I might have read on here some suggestion that they're contributing to Naismith's salary.  But it's so difficult to tell who knows what and who's just adding two and two and making up whatever comes into their head.  It would be a tad concerning if we were relying on benefactors to maintain financial stability.

There will be people that know more than I do on how much they contribute etc. I don't really want to start speculating on the loyalty of the benefactors, i probably should have left that out. Of course they may still contribute if we go down. They do help us a bit at the moment I know.

My main general point was that the timing of this potential relegation isn't ideal financially. We want to be going into the new world so to speak in as strong a position as we can. Going down would definitely set us back and would dent us.

1 minute ago, Cwapsy said:

There will be people that know more than I do on how much they contribute etc. I don't really want to start speculating on the loyalty of the benefactors, i probably should have left that out. Of course they may still contribute if we go down. They do help us a bit at the moment I know.

My main general point was that the timing of this potential relegation isn't ideal financially. We want to be going into the new world so to speak in as strong a position as we can. Going down would definitely set us back and would dent us.

Relegation isn't ideal financially, full stop.  Not sure timing is an issue.  Need to make good use of that parachute payment...

40 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I think you are being a bit naive, the way he emptied Berra and others was pretty severe and will have shook the players, both those that agree'd and those that didn't.  Not looking for an argument but Daniel has made some big statements by actions and also verbally.  Listen, if I could see or thought his masterplan was working I wouldn't care but right now it's not even close to working imo

Now your shifting the goalposts. I replied to your suggestion he was slating the players in that article, he's not.

His masterplan is pretty obvious, he wants to play a fast, high press game and make us play in the opponents half more and limit their chances. It works in spells during games unfortunately the spells where it doesn't we lose goals. 

If you want to talk about naive I think your being hugely naive if you don't think there was a jobs for the boys club at Tynecastle, complete lack of discipline and a culture which allowed senior players like Berra far too much influence. To be a success Stendel had to break that culture and run us like a professional football club. You only have to see what the likes of Whelan were allowed to do (or not do) to know the patients had taken over the asylum. If Stendel regarded Berra as the ringleader then he had to go, if that shook a few wee precious souls then so be it, this isn't conscription, these guys are played a handsome wage to play football, a damn sight more than their counterparts at Hamilton and St Mirren etc yet we sit at the foot of the table.

Whether Stendel works out or not what he's doing in regards to the players behaviour and attitude will serve the next guy and the club well. Its about time we behaved like a professional football club who has some pride and ambition of breaking the old firms grip on Scottish football, unlikely we will fulfil that ambition but at least lets show we're up for it.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Now your shifting the goalposts. I replied to your suggestion he was slating the players in that article, he's not.

His masterplan is pretty obvious, he wants to play a fast, high press game and make us play in the opponents half more and limit their chances. It works in spells during games unfortunately the spells where it doesn't we lose goals. 

If you want to talk about naive I think your being hugely naive if you don't think there was a jobs for the boys club at Tynecastle, complete lack of discipline and a culture which allowed senior players like Berra far too much influence. To be a success Stendel had to break that culture and run us like a professional football club. You only have to see what the likes of Whelan were allowed to do (or not do) to know the patients had taken over the asylum. If Stendel regarded Berra as the ringleader then he had to go, if that shook a few wee precious souls then so be it, this isn't conscription, these guys are played a handsome wage to play football, a damn sight more than their counterparts at Hamilton and St Mirren etc yet we sit at the foot of the table.

Whether Stendel works out or not what he's doing in regards to the players behaviour and attitude will serve the next guy and the club well. Its about time we behaved like a professional football club who has some pride and ambition of breaking the old firms grip on Scottish football, unlikely we will fulfil that ambition but at least lets show we're up for it.

Agree with most of you say however he is on record as saying that he doesn’t have the players to play the way he wants to. So, should he just continue with a clearly sup-optimal set-up and watch us get, or nearly get relegated, or should he tweak his system to accommodate what he has available. I’m firmly in the latter camp. 

23 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

There isn't enough room on the internet for all the cornettes that this post merits!

It’s either trolling or wishful thinking. No idea which. Not like the two are mutually exclusive though right enough.

14 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

I think this maybe follows on from the gossip about dressing room unrest. Stendel appears to be a straight-shooter, and that is maybe unsettling a few of the Hearts players who have been living in the Levein comfort bubble. In all honesty I think Stendel is playing a dangerous game, he needs these players to perform for him. It's all well and good saying '**** them, they deserve all they get.' but he needs these players to continue to buy into the game plan. If players down tools then that'll be the end of Hearts in the SPL and Stendel as well I suspect.

Friday night is the biggest game in Hearts modern history, can they defeat St Mirren? Can they pull themselves back from the brink? Stendel needs every player on board to fight the good fight, press hard, and not chuck the ball into the net (put the gloves down Joel, you aren't playing for Hearts again.)

Wtf you on about? 

If we get relegated on the back of this game, then fine. We go down and regroup. 

But can you imagine not having won THAT cup final. It broke them. I mean, proper broke them. I haven't met a sane Hibee since. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree with most of you say however he is on record as saying that he doesn’t have the players to play the way he wants to. So, should he just continue with a clearly sup-optimal set-up and watch us get, or nearly get relegated, or should he tweak his system to accommodate what he has available. I’m firmly in the latter camp. 

I posted yesterday about this - he has to adapt his system to suit both the players and the circumstances. 

Just now, HoChiMinter said:

Wtf you on about? 

If we get relegated on the back of this game, then fine. We go down and regroup. 

But can you imagine not having won THAT cup final. It broke them. I mean, proper broke them. I haven't met a sane Hibee since. 

Precisely. In 2006 more Hibs fans started trying to troll Hearts stories online through the comments sections of newspapers and on here than ever before. See when we obliterated them in the 2012 final? They absolutely lost their minds. Then we survived administration and they were dumped in the Championship for three years... every single one of them was so torn and wrenched apart by dejection and misery, it led to greater numbers of bitter online arseholery than has ever been known in the history of the clubs.

Now though, apparently if we don’t beat St Mirren in a league game that decides absolutely nothing, it would make it the biggest game in our recent history.

I hate to point out the obvious, but is nobody else finding this whole conversation just a tiny little bit sus, Nah? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I posted yesterday about this - he has to adapt his system to suit both the players and the circumstances. 

Agreed but so far no real indication that he will. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

If it hurts you then I hope we go down. :jj:

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I'm saying this now most mother******* don't know shit about football improvement 😂😂 don't get me started honestly you want stats?. 

Here's one for you Levein took a Hearts team that was sitting top of the league, to Celtic Park and within 40 minutes had conceded 3 goals to Celtic, in Stendel's most recent encounter, he took a team that was sitting bottom of the league, and It took 30 minutes for Celtic to score.

Bar Pereira fecking it up we would've went in at half time 0-0. 

Even with conceding in 30 minutes at half time we were still in the game, 

Improvement I can see it give this guy a chance man for feck sake. 

10 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Stendel has heard too many excuses?  He should try being a Hearts fan for the past few years :lol:

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm saying this now most mother******* don't know shit about football improvement 😂😂 don't get me started honestly you want stats?. 

Here's one for you Levein took a Hearts team that was sitting top of the league, to Celtic Park and within 40 minutes had conceded 3 goals to Celtic, in Stendel's most recent encounter, he took a team that was sitting bottom of the league, and It took 30 minutes for Celtic to score.

Bar Pereira fecking it up we would've went in at half time 0-0. 

Even with conceding in 30 minutes at half time we were still in the game, 

Improvement I can see it give this guy a chance man for feck sake. 

It’s all about opinions though, based on what we see. At the moment the improvements have been negated by the areas where we have regressed in my opinion. Haven’t seen the overall improvement and bounce that a new manager usually brings. We are in the same relegation dogfight now that we were three months ago, it’s just that games are running out and we can’t beat the teams closest to us in the league. Something needs to change and soon otherwise we could be adrift by the split and needing to win 4/5 post split games to have a chance. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That's an absolute belter of a post. Well done.

Yup. 

That tells us everything we need to know about you and Tarkin.