• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Pasquale for King

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Amongst a great many things to be honest. Apparently I’m not even a good janny anymore, mate. :( 

Didn't know you were a janny to start with tbh, but if it's any consolation I wouldn't have had you down as a good one from the off.

;)

2 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I probably need to hide my key board!!!

Nah you’re awright bud 👍. Enjoy your holiday. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Nah you’re awright bud 👍. Enjoy your holiday. 

Tomorrow might be nasty!! With the in-laws 

thanks for allowing the drunken rant guys

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Didn't know you were a janny to start with tbh, but if it's any consolation I wouldn't have had you down as a good one from the off.

;)

:lol:

If I was, I’d quite literally be the worst janny known to man. Like intentionally shit at my job and a danger to the public.

The fat ginger kids with man-boobs would be the ones who really felt my wrath though. As is proper.

It's hard to fix a losing mentality.

The improvements I have seen are proof of how bad we were.

That players look to pass forward and actually move to get the ball was sadly a reflection of what had been happening.

From what I've seen most of the signings have been slower than a week in jail.

But the team has some zip lately.

Confidence is brittle .

Stendal I think has said no more excuses for him and the players.

I'm starting from this Friday to judge only on results now.

C'mon Hearts

5 hours ago, Spoleto said:

If Stendel doesn't change tactics and we lose against St Mirren we are as good as relegated. 

The supporters who called for Leveins head and booed the players, destroying their confidence in the process, will have only themselves to blame. Of course they won't accept that.

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Stendel’s signings haven’t impressed me an awful lot but I doubt it was easy trying to get players in during that window. 
The squad isn’t good. We’re hanging by threads. 
I doubt we’ll win tomorrow. I hope I’m wrong. 

This is where I am at but I would cut Stendel more slack than most he clearly had no idea just how low we had fallen in terms of player confidence. I hope you are wrong about not getting the win but to reflect on recent results . While it is true we lost to Killie and Celtic, the Celtic game you could with confidence have put you house on getting gubbed there. So excluding the Celtic game we have actually only lost one from 8 games albeit not winning enough. We nearly got a draw vs Killie and should probably have nicked the win vs Hamilton so there is a bit of fight in the side . I am going to be interested to see how we get on against "them" and Livi . A win on Friday would be a huge pressure reliever but there are still many games where we can turn it around it really depends now on players like Naismith, Souttar, Smith and Walker these players have to be the ones to lift the team . However I still think that Stendel has been an improvement over Levein ... if we could sort our defense it would be even better.

2 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

He is correct, but whinging on about it in such a miserable way is not actually helping the discussion.

i will relay a story. People can believe it or not i dont really care.

around 2 and half years ago in my job as an architect i met a former director of a current Scottish  premier league club (but still heavily associated with them)

we obviously got talking about football and when he found out i was a hearts fan he was absolutely scathing of us.

he stated Levein was a fraud, and budge was an incompetent woman with no business sense at all and zero understanding of football. He then asked if i was one of those idiots who was contributing money to the club!

i put all this down to pure jealousy (we, in my mind are a bigger club with more honours etc) but incredibly he has been proven right, with the exception of the FOH aspect.

i never myself bought into all the budge hype as i always felt it was her husband who built her business up. But without her, where would we be?

we do  need to move on post budge. AS a club, we have been trying constantly to be different and change things (unlike the gentleman at mentioned above) and this is commendable and much good will come from this.

but lest be positive moving forward not negative .

Who was the husband that built up Budge and Newell? As far as I know it was Ann plus Allison Newell that founded and built the company. 

21 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite aware of the consequences of relegation thanks. This game is not bigger than:

2012 Cup Final

2012 Semi Final

2006 Cup Final

2006 Semi Final

to name a few straight off the bat.

+ Bayern Munich's finest who got kicked off the muddy pitch by Neil Berry's boot boys. We had 28,000 inside the stadium for that one. 

5 minutes ago, Deodato said:

+ Bayern Munich's finest who got kicked off the muddy pitch by Neil Berry's boot boys. We had 28,000 inside the stadium for that one. 

Also subject to the “modern times” parameter bar, but... thankfully, we don’t even need to debate this anymore, as the nonsense merchant peddling this shit appears to have left the market.

For what it’s worth, Stendel identified 6 areas which needed improved. We managed to sign four new players but as yet we have never been able to play these four players at the same time. Sibbick looks like the biggest miss as he was able to mop up midfield to stabilise that area and let Irving play. Longer I think was intended to compliment him in this area sitting in front of defence sweeping up and starting attacks. Donis supposedly has pace and ability to drive up the wing to help provide chances for Boyce. Rack of those four are seen as a good fit for the style of football we are now trying to play. The biggest issue is we haven’t played them all at once and existing players have made individual errors that have proved costly in every game so far.

31 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

For what it’s worth, Stendel identified 6 areas which needed improved. We managed to sign four new players but as yet we have never been able to play these four players at the same time. Sibbick looks like the biggest miss as he was able to mop up midfield to stabilise that area and let Irving play. Longer I think was intended to compliment him in this area sitting in front of defence sweeping up and starting attacks. Donis supposedly has pace and ability to drive up the wing to help provide chances for Boyce. Rack of those four are seen as a good fit for the style of football we are now trying to play. The biggest issue is we haven’t played them all at once and existing players have made individual errors that have proved costly in every game so far.

So is that your defence of Stendel?

Substitute Stendel for Levein in your post. Startling similarities!

6 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

He is correct, but whinging on about it in such a miserable way is not actually helping the discussion.

i will relay a story. People can believe it or not i dont really care.

around 2 and half years ago in my job as an architect i met a former director of a current Scottish  premier league club (but still heavily associated with them)

we obviously got talking about football and when he found out i was a hearts fan he was absolutely scathing of us.

he stated Levein was a fraud, and budge was an incompetent woman with no business sense at all and zero understanding of football. He then asked if i was one of those idiots who was contributing money to the club!

i put all this down to pure jealousy (we, in my mind are a bigger club with more honours etc) but incredibly he has been proven right, with the exception of the FOH aspect.

i never myself bought into all the budge hype as i always felt it was her husband who built her business up. But without her, where would we be?

we do  need to move on post budge. AS a club, we have been trying constantly to be different and change things (unlike the gentleman at mentioned above) and this is commendable and much good will come from this.

but lest be positive moving forward not negative .

Sorry I find your post quite strange . 

You haven't told us a story . You've past on the personal opinion of someone who quite clearly doesn't like CL or AB . Nothing to believe or disbelieve .

If we knew who this person was it might give some context to your post . Otherwise what is your point caller ?

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Did you not get my posts to you earlier on?. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

This is the story of the last two seasons.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the story of the last two seasons.

We signed twenty players last season, it was unlikely they would all play at the same time.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Far too many players at the club. Better off with a smaller tight knit group that gel and play for each other.

Absolutely, hopefully that’s what will happen next season.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We signed twenty players last season, it was unlikely they would all play at the same time.

I think the point being made, and it’s a fair one, is that having key players injured will impact on performances and results. Even Stendel is susceptible to that. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the point being made, and it’s a fair one, is that having key players injured will impact on performances and results. Even Stendel is susceptible to that. 

Which ones of the twenty were key players? Uche/Naismith/Vanacek/ could they all play together? Could Dunne play with Souttar and Berra? Mitchell/Haring/Lee/Bozanic/Clare? Struggling for a formation here.

No more excuses, it’s in the title.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which ones of the twenty were key players? Uche/Naismith/Vanacek/ could they all play together? Could Dunne play with Souttar and Berra? Mitchell/Haring/Lee/Bozanic/Clare? Struggling for a formation here.

Ok. Players being unfit never impact performances. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Of course, and hopefully we will get Sibbick and the others fit and firing. My question and point related to signing 20 players which the REGIME at the time said was required to cover for injuries and suspensions. Maybe that was more obvious in my mind than in my post ✋🏽🤚🏻.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course, and hopefully we will get Sibbick and the others fit and firing. My question and point related to signing 20 players which the REGIME at the time said was required to cover for injuries and suspensions. Maybe that was more obvious in my mind than in my post ✋🏽🤚🏻.

REGIME 😄

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

REGIME 😄

I love it, seems to trigger some folk as much as the ex managers name does to myself 😃🤷🏾‍♂️🤬😜👿🤪.

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He made a fair point which you quickly dismissed. Maybe try answering his question(s) instead of picking up on one word.

pettigrewsstylist

Football is a contact sport. Injuries happen.

Thats why clubs employ more than 11 first team squad players.

We have been bleating on about injuries since Oct 2018. Its embarrassing and part of the problem mentality.

Nobody is listening anymore. We have had plenty players and windows.

The end.

😂

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having a fit squad isn’t just about the starting 11. Different games will need different type of players. Having a fit squad with the players you mentioned allow in game tactical and injury changes. Some of the reasons our injuries hurt us,  So worrying about trying to play all those players at the sane time is complete nonsense. Hope that helps top up your lack of understanding of a first team squad. 

Edited by Dazo

8 hours ago, Spoleto said:

NOt defending either Stendel OR Levein, but it is a valid reason for our predicament. Most reasonable people can see this but there are far too many rushing for their pitchforks at the slightest opportunity. ITs hell being a supporter just now but after nearly losing our club, a sense of perspective is required. Screaming for heads like some toothless french revolutionary hag does no one any good and just ramps up the pressure on our supposed favourite team. Kickback is becoming a no go zone due to anyone supportive being targeted for deflected rage because we ALL feel impotent as no matter how much we shout we can do nothing to help. Maybe a bit more support and recognition that each and every hearts supporter is hurting and abusing anyone who tries reason as a discussion is immediately challenged. 

Everyone has to take responsibility for the position we are in here. The fans have travelled in numbers to away games and will again tonight. The atmosphere at Tynecastle has been poor for years and we need to replicate our passion when we were close to going out of business.

I still believe Budge and CL cared for the club and made mistakes but not intentionally and will probably care more for Hearts than Stendel and some of the players will.

The injuries that have hit our squad bit more importantly spine of our team have been a huge impact. All you have to do is see The Rangers without Morelos they are spineless, imagine him being out for 3-6 months.

We must stay up this season even if it is a last minute winner in the play off final. The finances would be hit but also the chance of changing how we play with the right players. I personally would like to see what Stendel can do with his players all fully fit or at least 95% of them. CL regressed the club but I would have accepted it if the football was pleasing on the eye. It’s not great to see St Johnstone and Ross County scoring goals against us but I would prefer we win 3-2 than draw 0-0.

i believe tonight is massive as although not mathematically cut adrift the confidence in this squad is hanging by a thread, can you imagine if we won it would be the first away win in so long the confidence would go up straight away

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

He made a fair point which you quickly dismissed. Maybe try answering his question(s) instead of picking up on one word.

Sorry, I was just back from having a few beers. Anyway, which word did I pick up on as he never mentioned players being unfit? On recruitment though, these players probably wouldn’t all play together as clubs seem to focus on building a squad rather than a team these days. Driven by the ever increasing number of substitutes allowed I would hazard. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Having a fit squad isn’t just about the starting 11. Different games will need different type of players. Having a fit squad with the players you mentioned allow in game tactical and injury changes. Some of the reasons our injuries hurt us,  So worrying about trying to play all those players at the sane time is complete nonsense. Hope that helps top up your lack of understanding of a first team squad. 

Yeah thanks for that, you've said nothing I wasn’t aware of, I made my point and then made it clearer for folk like yourself. No team in modern day football ever have everyone fit, something I’ve said to Levein apologists for the last two years. If you had been paying attention, could read between the lines, or read all the posts in this thread you would know that and have not wasted your time replying.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Scottie Wanshot.
On 20/02/2020 at 00:14, Saint Jambo said:

Some realism from Stendel there that some of his fanatical supporters on here could do well to pay attention to.

"results decide whether you are good or not"

This is the key one. His results have been so bad he is lucky to still be in a job. None of this nonsense about how much we've supposedly improved and that we just need to wait to implement his style in the championship. Results are all that matter to decide if he has been a success or failure.

"We have more quality than a lot of other teams in this league"

Perhaps now we can put this nonsense to bed that Hearts have the worst squad in the league and we couldn't possibly expect that across 22 games we'd manage to collect a point more than Hamilton after Stendel was appointed..

"I think when you watch the last game it’s not a problem of style"

But this is what worries me. It was a question of style on Saturday. The first goal from playing with our fullbacks so advanced they were basically midfielders and the penalty from a determination to play out from the back rather than ever just clearing our lines. It really concerns me that Stendel doesn't see this. I really fear we are going to get a repeat of the kamakzi tactics on Friday.

totally agree.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, would have been nice to be able to play all our best ones though.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Football is a contact sport. Injuries happen.

Thats why clubs employ more than 11 first team squad players.

We have been bleating on about injuries since Oct 2018. Its embarrassing and part of the problem mentality.

Nobody is listening anymore. We have had plenty players and windows.

The end.

😂

Tell Jose Mourinho, currently "bleating" with fewer injuries than us to key players and despite having unlimited money. And he's just had a transfer window. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, would have been nice to be able to play all our best ones though.

Have a look at how those 19 players have done since last season. The recruitment was/is a huge issue and as damaging as the injuries. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Sorry, I was just back from having a few beers. Anyway, which word did I pick up on as he never mentioned players being unfit? On recruitment though, these players probably wouldn’t all play together as clubs seem to focus on building a squad rather than a team these days. Driven by the ever increasing number of substitutes allowed I would hazard. 

We've signed more than usual due to the reserve league as well I believe? Other teams, like Hibs, decided not to field a reserve team.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Have a look at how those 19 players have done since last season. The recruitment was/is a huge issue and as damaging as the injuries. 

Look, the injuries are a fact. They hurt us around Oct last season when we were going great with our best players available. And they hurt us at the start of this season when players signed to add more strength in depth and cope with injuries also got injured. They may now hurt us again if the likes of Boyce and Sibbick don't recover. 

And it wasn't;t one or two players getting inured here and there. It was our entire first choice striker force and first choice defence last season and all our new attackers and new CD this season in Washington, Walker and Halkett (and Naismith again). People complain about the number of singings, then seem to want us to have enough first choice quality to cover for multiple injuries. Can't have both and can't afford both either.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Look, the injuries are a fact. They hurt us around Oct last season when we were going great with our best players available. And they hurt us at the start of this season when players signed to add more strength in depth and cope with injuries also got injured. They may now hurt us again if the likes of Boyce and Sibbick don't recover. 

Aye I’m not arguing. We were going great guns until the injuries kicked in. If the signings had been better we would have coped better. Our squad stength was severely tested and nobody would have blamed anyone if our form had suffered considerably. Our form collapsed though, to the extent we’ve been showing relegation form for over a year. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I’m not arguing. We were going great guns until the injuries kicked in. If the signings had been better we would have coped better. Our squad stength was severely tested and nobody would have blamed anyone if our form had suffered considerably. Our form collapsed though, to the extent we’ve been showing relegation form for over a year. 

Maybe. I honestly don't think any club can lose its strike force and best defenders at the same time (including captain, deputy captain and stand-in captain) as we did (two seasons in a row) and not suffer massively. As I pointed out, Man City and Spurs have been written about this seasons in terms of the effect of injuries to just a couple of key players, and they have unlimited resources. It would have been fine if it had been McLean, Mulraney, Clare and Dikamona injured for long periods. It was literally all our best players, the kind of quality we can't afford to have like for like replacements for, as otherwise they're sitting around on the bench getting paid lots and complaining about not playing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Scottie Wanshot.
On 20/02/2020 at 00:14, Saint Jambo said:

Some realism from Stendel there that some of his fanatical supporters on here could do well to pay attention to.

"results decide whether you are good or not"

This is the key one. His results have been so bad he is lucky to still be in a job. None of this nonsense about how much we've supposedly improved and that we just need to wait to implement his style in the championship. Results are all that matter to decide if he has been a success or failure.

"We have more quality than a lot of other teams in this league"

Perhaps now we can put this nonsense to bed that Hearts have the worst squad in the league and we couldn't possibly expect that across 22 games we'd manage to collect a point more than Hamilton after Stendel was appointed..

"I think when you watch the last game it’s not a problem of style"

But this is what worries me. It was a question of style on Saturday. The first goal from playing with our fullbacks so advanced they were basically midfielders and the penalty from a determination to play out from the back rather than ever just clearing our lines. It really concerns me that Stendel doesn't see this. I really fear we are going to get a repeat of the kamakzi tactics on Friday.

you can see this, I can see this, most fans must see this,why on earth can Stendel not see it.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe. I honestly don't think any club can lose its strike force and best defenders at the same time (including captain, deputy captain and stand-in captain) as we did (two seasons in a row) and not suffer massively. As I pointed out, Man City and Spurs have been written about this seasons in terms of the effect of injuries to just a couple of key players, and they have unlimited resources.

I don’t disagree. It’s a matter of extent for me. We should not be bottom of the league or have shown bottom of the league form for a sustained period during our injury crisis. He bought, and already had, a few lynchpin players. The other multitude of signings, the three keepers, Bozanic, garrucio, Wighton, McLean, White etc were just not good enough. 

As much as the injuries have cost us, the poor recruitment has been just as costly imo.

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tell Jose Mourinho, currently "bleating" with fewer injuries than us to key players and despite having unlimited money. And he's just had a transfer window. 

That’ll be the Mourinho whose team are in fifth place in the English Premiership and who had a good old moan as his team were beaten in the last 16 of the Champions League. 

And of course he’ll be referring to the squad that cost multi millions to put together and is worth multi millions.

That’ll also be the Mourinho who manages a team that have spent very little for several transfer windows due to building a several hundred million pounds new stadium.

The same Mourinho whose yearly financial package won’t be a kick in the arse of or whole expenditure. 

Mourinho never likes a moan either!!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That’ll be the Mourinho whose team are in fifth place in the English Premiership and who had a good old moan as his team were beaten in the last 16 of the Champions League. 

And of course he’ll be referring to the squad that cost multi millions to put together and is worth multi millions.

That’ll also be the Mourinho who manages a team that have spent very little for several transfer windows due to building a several hundred million pounds new stadium.

The same Mourinho whose yearly financial package won’t be a kick in the arse of or whole expenditure. 

Mourinho never likes a moan either!!

Yes, that's the one.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t disagree. It’s a matter of extent for me. We should not be bottom of the league or have shown bottom of the league form for a sustained period during our injury crisis. He bought, and already had, a few lynchpin players. The other multitude of signings, the three keepers, Bozanic, garrucio, Wighton, McLean, White etc were just not good enough. 

As much as the injuries have cost us, the poor recruitment has been just as costly imo.

This is old ground, but those players were mostly signed as squad players and they were elevated to first picks due to the injury situation. Levein himself said he signed McLean to come off the bench and play 10 or so games I think it was. White was a cheap punt. Wighton was a punt - cheap or very expensive depending on who you believe. The others were solid squad signings IMO. The keepers I'll give you but I think the error there was to give up on Zlamal and Doyle too quickly. Pereira was a panic signing and it was too much to expect a 19 year old goalie to suddenly be a commanding No. 1. Did we learn nothing from promoting Jack Hamilton too early?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is old ground, but those players were mostly signed as squad players and they were elevated to first picks due to the injury situation. Levein himself said he signed McLean to come off the bench and play 10 or so games I think it was. White was a cheap punt. Wighton was a punt - cheap or very expensive depending on who you believe. The others were solid squad signings IMO. The keepers I'll give you but I think the error there was to give up on Zlamal and Doyle too quickly. Pereira was a panic signing and it was too much to expect a 19 year old goalie to suddenly be a commanding No. 1. Did we learn nothing from promoting Jack Hamilton too early?

The whole point of signing a squad player is that they are able to step in when the first pick is injured. Squad players being "elevated to first picks" is the raison d'etre of having a squad. If they aren't capable then why are they there? Allowing Levein to hoodwink her into wasting millions on mediocre players was her biggest mistake. A competent CEO would have stopped Levein in his tracks a long time ago . Her motives were nice but naive and Stendel is picking up the pieces.  The support is unequivocal however both in terms of the extra travelling numbers and the much improved atmosphere inside Tynecastle.  We will not be relegated and next season we will be back challenging at the right end of the table.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I said bud, for me it’s a matter of extent, I’ll just end up repeating myself if I carry on chatting. Nobody expects the sane form with our best players out. Nobody should have expected the collapse to be so severe and last so long either. 

If you actually look at the 19 signings last season and see how they’re all doing now, there’s no argument in how poor the majority have been and that is, as I’ve said, a major part of where we are. Injuries are also a big part, as are tactics and constantly changing formation under CL and (another can of worms, I know) fitness levels.  

Yes, that's the one.

Thought so. Can see why you thought his predicament was the same as Levein’s 🤪🤪

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43838627

It was 20 games. Levein also liked the fact he couldn’t run. When Levein made the famous “It was a good laugh eh” quote nobody knew at the time he was actually referring to his idiotic signing policy.