We Are Going Down

James1874f

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just a heads up that County and St Mirren haven’t beat us this season.  Can we just consider this before we assume it impossible to catch them.  

Teams we’ve lost to this season

- Celtic x 3

- Rangers x 1

- Motherwell x 2

- Aberdeen x 1

- Livingston x 0

- Hibs x 1

- Killie x 3

- St Johnstone x 2

- County x 0

- St Mirren x 0

- Hamilton x 1

3 of the next 6 games are against teams who haven’t beat us (as shit as we are).  We just need to get our shit together quick and get points on the board. 

That wins the “grasping at straws award” for this week!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That wins the “grasping at straws award” for this week!

Nothing else for it mate.  You’d think it was mathematically impossible the way some folk are acting on here.  Are West Ham, Watford and Norwich fans throwing the towel in?

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Nothing else for it mate.  You’d think it was mathematically impossible the way some folk are acting on here.  Are West Ham, Watford and Norwich fans throwing the towel in?

Late night in the club PR department for you. Do you get paid overtime?

22 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I wonder whether Dr B has started working on that relegation contingency plan yet?

Hopefully the FOH release their contingency plan without her 

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Feck knows I don’t read their fans forum!

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Hopefully the FOH release their contingency plan without her 

That would be my preference as well.

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This. Yes we've been dire and as some on here like to keep banging on about maybe we couldn't be any worse. Get this though, maybe, just maybe, we only need to get a little bit better to climb above the equally bad teams immediately above us.

The usual suspect bed wetters on here can GTF with their continual negativity.

3 minutes ago, Macros said:

Just like at the start of the season it's in our hands. We have two games against St Mirren still to play and two against Hamilton

Said the violinist on the Titanic

We would need to sack Stendel and hope to get enough of a new manager bounce to stay up. As previously suggested we don’t have the players to play the Stendel system and we don’t have time him to find a winning formula. Can’t see any other way of staying up given the form this season.

luckyBatistuta
53 minutes ago, H2 said:

Nobody has much idea how I think, but hey, I've been right before.

I think you will be proved right yet again... 🎱 

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Hardly, mate.

Hardly.

If he was on my train, I’d get off.

At least it won’t require you activating the emergency bake, that train isn’t even going to manage to pull away from the platform.

Just checked the 2013/14 stats.  At the end of March (Ignoring the deduction), we had 21 points (only 2 points more than we have now at the end of Feb).  We won 17 points in the last 8 games.  

We’ve got 11 games left FFS.  We can still get out of this.  

Edited by Gashauskis9

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We would need to sack Stendel and hope to get enough of a new manager bounce to stay up. As previously suggested we don’t have the players to play the Stendel system and we don’t have time him to find a winning formula. Can’t see any other way of staying up given the form this season.

Too late for that, will make us an even bigger laughing stock, if that’s actually possible. Who the heck would even want it after watching us sack our manager who’s only just walked through the door.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Too late for that, will make us an even bigger laughing stock, if that’s actually possible. Who the heck would even want it after watching us sack our manager who’s only just walked through the door.

:levein_interesting:

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Gary Locke.  😂

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I honestly think JJ and Gary Locke would get us above Hamilton and win a play off. Restart in the summer. They would get us three points on Tuesday night at least.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just checked the 2013/14 stats.  At the end of March (Ignoring the deduction), we had 21 points (only 2 points more than we have now at the end of Feb).  We won 17 points in the last 8 games.  

We’ve got 11 games left FFS.  We can still get out of this.  

I’m with you, plenty opportunities are still there to get out of this. If we could just get a couple of results back to back and the confidence that we would gain from it. 

15 minutes ago, Macros said:

Just like at the start of the season it's in our hands. We have two games against St Mirren still to play and two against Hamilton

Just the one against Hamilton. Thankfully as they would prob beat us.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

My head is probably telling me 1 or 2 pts from next 12  available. 

Let’s hope the players are mentally in a better place than you are pett

22 minutes ago, Macros said:

Since it hit the fan I’ve been saying that we only need to get it together by the split. Hit a hot streak and there’s no reason we can’t win 5/5. We might be awful, but the rest of the bottom six are also awful. 

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:levein_interesting:

you could have put absolutely anything up mate and you put that #### up on my screen. Didn’t think tonight could get any worse, ah well😞

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Let’s hope the players are mentally in a better place than you are pett

Im fine sweetcheeks. Can only twist the stats so far, maybe theyre gonna buck them into next week.

I doubt it, but live in hope, while some remains.

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Since it hit the fan I’ve been saying that we only need to get it together by the split. Hit a hot streak and there’s no reason we can’t win 5/5. We might be awful, but the rest of the bottom six are also awful. 

This guy gets it 👍

WheatfieldWarrior
51 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s not over ‘til the fat striker scores.  :sadrobbo:

Unfortunately, we don’t have a ‘fat striker’ now.

Halkett is a fat top goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Unfortunately, that is sadly not true. St Mirren have beaten Motherwell twice, Ross County just beat Aberdeen at Pitoddrie, St Johnstone have gone on a fine run, as have Kilmarnock. It seems to me to be between Accies and us.

As we seem incapable of beating anyone, with eleven games left would eleven draws keep us up??

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Im fine sweetcheeks. Can only twist the stats so far, maybe theyre gonna buck them into next week.

I doubt it, but live in hope, while some remains.

Don’t know if you thought I was having a pop at you (sweetcheeks) it wasn’t meant to be, just hoping they are🤞

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The 4 year conveyor belt of duds, both external and the academy are Levein's doing. Levein is Budge's doing. Ergo it is Budge's doing.

Who’s fault is it for Budge?

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Hardly, mate.

Hardly.

If he was on my train, I’d get off.

'Where's  this train going? How do I get a ticket? Where should I sit?'

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We do have the players and he must agree as his squad makeover was less drastic than Cathro's when we were actually going well. This is Scottish football not La Liga. Boyce, Naismith, Washington, Walker, Uche, Smith, Clare, Sibbick, Irving, Halkett, Souttar, Brandon and Meshino should all be all good enough. Langer tbd. All have energy and can press and there are lots of forward thinking players in there. Halkett and Souttar are both footballing defenders (who have sadly forgotten how to defend lately). What we don't have is a reliable goalie or wide man as there are question marks over whether or not Avdijaj is up to it.

It's more his rigid sticking to his system that is the problem, and a bit of naivety or maybe underestimating Scottish football in not anticipating how teams will combat it. Hopefully he figures things out quickly.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We do have the players and he must agree as his squad makeover was less drastic than Cathro's when we were actually going well. This is Scottish football not La Liga. Boyce, Naismith, Washington, Walker, Uche, Smith, Clare, Sibbick, Irving, Halkett, Souttar, Brandon and Meshino should all be all good enough. All have energy and can press and there are lots of forward thinking players in there. Halkett and Souttar are both footballing defenders (who have sadly forgotten how to defend lately). What we don't have is a reliable goalie or wide man as there are question marks over whether or not Avdijaj is up to it.

It's more his rigid sticking to his system that is the problem, and a bit of naivety or maybe underestimating Scottish football in not anticipating how teams will combat it. Hopefully he figures things out quickly.

We absolutely have the players to stay up. I don’t think they suit Stendel’s system though and you appear to allude to that yourself in your last paragraph?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We absolutely have the players to stay up. I don’t think they suit Stendel’s system though and you appear to allude to that yourself in your last paragraph?

I don't think it's the players the system isn't suited to (they should easily be able to play a pressing game), it's Scottish football, or rather the way most teams here play (quite happy to play kick and rush for 90 mins). Levein knew that and that's why he was strategic about when he played the pressing game. Stendel is learning this the hard way, not helped by a terrible goalkeeper, so we'll just have to see what he does now.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well they didn’t suit Levein’s system either so whose system do you think they could maybe suit?

I don't think it's the players the system isn't suited to (they should easily be able to play a pressing game), it's Scottish football, or rather the way most teams here play (quite happy to play kick and rush for 90 mins). Levein knew that and that's why he was strategic about when he played the pressing game. Stendel is learning this the hard way, not helped by a terrible goalkeeper, so we'll just have to see what he does now.

The main problem we have, is that the system is least suited to playing bottom six teams and ironically they are the teams we now simply must beat. I feel more confident about the Rangers and Hibs games than I do about us playing Hamilton or St Mirren.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well they didn’t suit Levein’s system either so whose system do you think they could maybe suit?

Not getting drawn into another cuticular Leveinathon. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

The main problem we have, is that the system is least suited to playing bottom six teams and ironically they are the teams we now simply must beat. I feel more confident about the Rangers and Hibs games than I do about us playing Hamilton or St Mirren.

That's exactly what worries most of us I think! 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not getting drawn into another cuticular Leveinathon. 

It wasn’t, I was asking which manager you felt had a system that would suit our players.  

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mannequins in Burton's window maybe 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The difference is Levein didn't have Naismith, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Souttar for most of this season and a similar injury list for most of last season. When Levein was able to chose from a mostly fit squad, from Aug 17 to Oct 18 we were either a solid top 6 side or a top of the league side - at worst we were "meh" for parts of the 17/18 season. 

When he had to rely on reserves for half the team most of the time, we all know what happened. "Meh" would have been a huge improvement. By the time he started getting one or two players back this season, like Naismith for the odd game, we were in a tailspin. Stendel does at least have better players available to him (or they were better before they got injured anyhow).

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It wasn’t, I was asking which manager you felt had a system that would suit our players.  

Levein didn't have a system. He changed it up. That's the whole discussion.

Fozzyonthefence

The difference is Levein didn't have Naismith, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Souttar for most of this season and a similar injury list for most of last season. When Levein was able to chose from a mostly fit squad, from Aug 17 to Oct 18 we were either a solid top 6 side or a top of the league side - at worst we were "meh" for parts of the 17/18 season. 

When he had to rely on reserves for half the team most of the time, we all know what happened. "Meh" would have been a huge improvement. By the time he started getting one or two players back this season, like Naismith for the odd game, we were in a tailspin. Stendel does at least have better players available to him (or they were better before they got injured anyhow).

And there it is.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

By reserves I assume you refer to the poor squad that was assembled by CL? We have been in regulation form for nearly a calendar year. The rot was set long ago.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I am just numb. No question about it we are going down. We have no fight and St Mirren and Hamilton do.

I wonder if this will be the slap in the face some people require to realise the damage Budge and Levein have caused us. And some people want a ****ing statue of her. She ****ing let this happen. It has been there for us all to see for some time but did she care? Her priorities were elsewhere. Turning us into something she thought we needed to be. I would not trust her with a house plant. Even this German boy was a catastrophic decision. A good man but very much not what we needed.

Woah! A statue? That's a brilliant idea.

Can someone else read the rest of his pish to see if there's anything interesting in it.