We Are Going Down

James1874f

August Landmesser

If we were six points off the top with 11 games left, I think we'd be justified in being confident of winning the league, so being six off tenth with 11 games left (two of them against the team currently in tenth), I'm reasonably confident that we can finish tenth.

Good teams have horrible collapses and bad teams get back into form; St Johnstone & Killie have recovered, Motherwell & Aberdeen are flagging.

Without wanting to sound complacent, there's every reason to expect we can rescue this ourselves.

Ask me again in a couple of games time though!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

Budges barmy army

I reckon it’s too late like we don’t have the players to implement DS tactics. Need to just make ourselfs hard to beat if we have any chance

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If we were six points off the top with 11 games left, I think we'd be justified in being confident of winning the league, so being six off tenth with 11 games left (two of them against the team currently in tenth), I'm reasonably confident that we can finish tenth.

Good teams have horrible collapses and bad teams get back into form; St Johnstone & Killie have recovered, Motherwell & Aberdeen are flagging.

Without wanting to sound complacent, there's every reason to expect we can rescue this ourselves.

Ask me again in a couple of games time though!

If we were 6 off the the top with 11 to go I wouldn’t be confident of winning the league be 70-30 at best. 

This Hearts side can still finish at least 10th I don’t think they will though I think they will finish 11th

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

If we were 6 off the the top with 11 to go I wouldn’t be confident of winning the league be 70-30 at best. 

This Hearts side can still finish at least 10th I don’t think they will though I think they will finish 11th

Fair enough, maybe I should have said 'hopeful of winning the league'. I wouldn't be confident of winning the league until we had the trophy safely stowed in a cupboard in Gorgie!

33 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

hope you are right but I just don't see it

Hard to see that team beating anyone,,, this relegation fight has got to start on tuesday ! Get the finger out ......!

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I agree but it isn't going to happen. 

Stendel has plan A and plan A.

We're in the shit big time.

A good coach or manager has to adapt his style of play if plan A has

not produced the results otherwise we are going down

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, Boris said:

It'll be tight, but I think we will stay up.

Staggering.What evidence is there to suggest this?🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Staggering.What evidence is there to suggest this?🤣🤣🤣

Just my gut feeling.

But as we are doomed, as you would see it, I don't expect you to comment further as it's a done deal, we are already relegated.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

will just have to agree to disagree then

You offer me the most simple of tasks.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

will just have to agree to disagree then

I disagree with your decision to agree to disagree and think more debate would be good. Agreed?

2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

It would not be so bad if Plan A was working....

It is his job to get the maximum out of the resources available to him. He has not acheived this so far - it is time he did!!

Hope he does it soon !  We need 6 big points from somewhere  !

Just now, Boris said:

Just my gut feeling.

But as we are doomed, as you would see it, I don't expect you to comment further as it's a done deal, we are already relegated.

I said on another thread that nothing will be decided pre-split. I stand by that.

I agree with you. We will scrape ourselves out of this. If it means winning a play-off, so be it.

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Umm what you on about?

Youre not a Hearts man, don't try to kid on otherwise.

You do nothing but slag the club and revel in our current situation.  If you were Hearts, why put in laughing emojis when I posted that we won't be relegated?

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You do nothing but slag the club and revel in our current situation.  If you were Hearts, why put in laughing emojis when I posted that we won't be relegated?

Are you suggesting Levein's battalion will be disbanded if we stay up?

11 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Again please refrain from making false accusations / presumptions.

ofcourse I am a hearts fan 

I laughed because I don’t see how you can be so sure we will stay up - it’s unrealistic at the moment 

south morocco
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

hope you are right but I just don't see it

I think the best chance we have now is a play off. And for no reason other than blind faith I would fancy us to win it and stay up. Sad times I know...

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He had all his best players available from January 2018 for a few weeks at least and we hardly won a league game. He signed injury prune players to rehabilitate them and send them to the promised land, something he didn’t achieve.He failed miserably.

It can’t be easy to foster belief in your methods when Levein is still around, on the touch line at reserve games, not part of his remit.

We can still stay up but we need action not anymore words. 

Define a few weeks? The injury problems restarted almost immediately. And most of us thought the likes if Washington, Halkett and Walker started well before getting injured with the usual time needed for a new team to gel. 

He didn’t solve the central midfield problem though, although whelan looked good those first few games. Berra however was poor from the start and we didn’t have souttar.

Stendel has almost a full squad. There are no excuses to not beating the bottom 6 teams.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Define a few weeks? The injury problems restarted almost immediately. And most of us thought the likes if Washington, Halkett and Walker started well before getting injured with the usual time needed for a new team to gel. 

He didn’t solve the central midfield problem though, although whelan looked good those first few games. Berra however was poor from the start and we didn’t have souttar.

Stendel has almost a full squad. There are no excuses to not beating the bottom 6 teams.

apart from simply that the players are not good enough

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We’re as weak as piss in crucial positions. Just look at the goalkeeper situation. I’d have pretty much any other keeper in the league than the 3 we’ve got to choose from frankly. Even Falkirks looked better. We can’t rely on our keepers to make important saves, it’s spirit sapping. 

Austin MacGlee
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I think we have to realise we have a poor team with poor players in crucial positions. Goalkeepers are frankly a bad joke. Nobody scores any goals from our midfield which is as poor as I can remember. We have one or two players in Naismith (he’s not playing well though atm) Boyce, Walker when fit and that’s about it.

I said a while ago I’d have accepted 10th or even the play off when people kept saying we’ll start heading for top 6. I just hoped for survival. I’m starting to feel we might not even have enough to achieve that.  
It feels like a lot of people have started to see the reality here. I sincerely hope the players see it now too. What a pathetic squad of ****ing failures. 

In a nutshell. Devastating to see what we've become.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’m not getting the criticism of the few weeks at the start of 2018 either tbh.

The first two months of 2018 we played nine games, won 4, drew 3 and lost 2.

The two defeats were away to both the OF.

We can argue till the cows come home about how injuries affected Levein’s tenure but the start of 2018 doesn’t add any weight to detractors of him.

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not getting the criticism of the few weeks at the start of 2018 either tbh.

The first two months of 2018 we played nine games, won 4, drew 3 and lost 2.

The two defeats were away to both the OF.

We can argue till the cows come home about how injuries affected Levein’s tenure but the start of 2018 doesn’t add any weight to detractors of him.

Think you mean start of 2019? I agree we started fine, not amazing (certainly not like the season before or a couple if Neilson seasons) but solid enough performance-wise with Aberdeen and OF in the first few games and a couple of self-inflicted defeats through individual errors. Scoring Celtics goals for them for example.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

apart from simply that the players are not good enough

Thats where we can disagree. We have much more quality than the teams around us. They’re good enough but are not playing well enough as a team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Think you mean start of 2019? I agree we started fine, not amazing (certainly not like the season before or a couple if Neilson seasons) but solid enough performance-wise with Aberdeen and OF in the first few games and a couple of self-inflicted defeats through individual errors. Scoring Celtics goals for them for example.

No, first two months of 2018.

We actually only lost one game from the start of Nov 2017 to the end of Jan 2018.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Again please refrain from making false accusations / presumptions.

ofcourse I am a hearts fan 

I laughed because I don’t see how you can be so sure we will stay up - it’s unrealistic at the moment 

Mate, if you're constantly being accused of being nothing but a troll, that tells you there is an issue with you, not those accusing you.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

No, first two months of 2018.

We actually only lost one game from the start of Nov 2017 to the end of Jan 2018.

Start of 2018/19 we went top of the league unbeaten in 13 or something? We didn’t have halkett, washington and walker then. I was talking about the start of this season.

Edit: I see you’re talking calendar years. Yes that time period too wasn’t that bad.

The genuinely bad period was Oct/Nov 18 to Oct/Nov 19 (and it’s still going). That was exactly when we had all the injuries. I’m sure we all expected more of an uptick in form when those players returned.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Mate, if you're constantly being accused of being nothing but a troll, that tells you there is an issue with you, not those accusing you.

umm no - the issue is with the name callers/bullies on here - only a select few do it but they are the problem

Start of 2018/19 we went top of the league unbeaten in 13 or something? We didn’t have halkett, washington and walker then. I was talking about the start of this season.

With you.

I was quoting a post thinking calendar 2018.

2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

The derby is a must win game now.  If we lose on Saturday and lose the derby I think we’ll go down.

what has Saturday got with going down though?  (although I agree about next Tuesday but think the best we can get there is a draw)

Just now, Natural Orders said:

what has Saturday got with going down though?  (although I agree about next Tuesday but think the best we can get there is a draw)

Could work both ways.

Bounced oot the cup and we have only one focus !

Not that we don’t already.

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

umm no - the issue is with the name callers/bullies on here - only a select few do it but they are the problem

Sure, keep telling yourself that

Toxteth O'Grady

As it stands we are bottom of the league and we are not picking up more points than the teams above us. 

It’s difficult to see how that is suddenly going to change so I think we will most likely go down. 

Well done Mrs Budge ☹️

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, weehammy said:

It does sometimes seem that way.
Stendel’s approach is reminiscent of Nixon’s tactics in Vietnam. On receiving a military assessment that the North could not be bombed into submission, he and Kissinger consulted before producing a new plan that involved trying to bomb North Vietnam into submission!

General Haig tactics were well before that. 

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Just like the Ross County game and the St Johnstone game and the Kilmarnock game and the Hamilton game and the St Mirren game (until postponed).

But we haven’t won any of our ‘must wins’!

That's where my optimism we'll stay up comfortably crashes into harsh reality. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

After the shitshow of our last two home games I've resigned any optimism of us staying up. Pumped of Rangers and Hibs then I can see the fans start to turn.

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

After the shitshow of our last two home games I've resigned any optimism of us staying up. Pumped of Rangers and Hibs then I can see the fans start to turn.

Why ?

We’ll be in the same position in the League.

Not saying a derby is not important, it always is, but we will still be fighting for survival long after those two games.

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

aim has to be 10th unless we lose at st mirren its a play off best case scenario

Quite simple isn't it. And yet there are some people on here living in LaLa Land.

Leveins Battalion

It's nearly March and we have won 3 games all season,we look worse now than when Levein was in charge,that is some achievement.👏👏

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's nearly March and we have won 3 games all season,we look worse now than when Levein was in charge,that is some achievement.👏👏

To be fair on Stendel, he's only had a 5 month plan, Levein got to see out a 5 year plan and is still hanging about. 

20 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

When the maths say we are relegated, we are going down. 

Before that, it is in our power. 

Agree let’s keep the faith👍

16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bang on the cash.