We Are Going Down

James1874f

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neither will happen. 

Aberdeen will finish 3rd and we will be relegated most likely 

Time will tell. A lot will depend on whether he wins a trophy this season. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

20 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Absolutely not. As I have stated over and over again on here. No, we have to stick with him, even though things are utterly abysmal just now.

You just assumed that’s what I wanted because for many on here it’s Team Levein and Team Stendel and a reluctance read other people’s thoughts without first applying that filter.

You said earlier they’d both failed, so what will we achieve sticking with stendel? Should we learn our lesson from the last two mangers who’ve over stayed their welcome?

My mate has just moved all Daniels belongings from Barnsley to Edinburgh last week. He’s a massive Jambo and was delighted to meet DS. He even gave him a cut price fee for the removal. Daniel said he loves life in Edinburgh and thinks we have amazing fans. 

From what I gleamed from the conversation is that he’s in no hurry to leave or go anywhere. Jorge Sievers has just moved into the street next to him. I seriously don’t think DS would start bring his own backroom team to Edinburgh for him just to walk away at the end of the season. 

We must give him our full support and give him time to change things around for us. The players at his disposal are simply not good enough. We don’t have a right to stay up simply because we are Heart of Midlothian fc. This club has been mismanaged for the last 5 years and expecting Daniel to wave a magic wand and fix this In a matter of weeks is wishful thinking. We are bottom because the players do not have the heart for a dogfight. Klopp couldn’t sort this shite out in the same timeframe. Come the end of the season whatever will be will be. The players need to take responsibility and take a long hard look at themselves.

The new manager and the club have my support 100% 

2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Of course not. But their 2-0 lead combined with the sending off seem significant factors to me.

People can see things differently but I’d much rather we were debating a 3-0 win for us.

Wouldn’t we all. Amount of pressure and good chances we had (missing at least three sitters) suggests we could easily have won 5/6-2 same lack of debate would then exist. Hamilton had they not been 2-0 up to some ludicrous play and officiating would have been in serious trouble on Saturday. 

Stendel had the best defensive record in his division in England iirc so he can sort it out. He knew the size of the task as he wanted to come in next summer and build from there where he had time to get players in and his message across.

He should be doing better but you can’t legislate for the stupid mistakes our players make. Bobby cost us a goal on Saturday. Same as Joel had prob 4 in the Killie and St Johnstone game. Its not good enough. Sort that and we are sitting in the high 20’s of points. Thinks are not as dire as people make out but we need to sort things quickly. I think every one of us would take 10th still have Stendel and see what happens next year. 

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Lose on Friday and best we can hope for is the play off. I'd take a point now so St Mirren are still within reach come the split. 

Right now I’d take 11th place and a playoff against ICT or Dundee. Don’t give a chuff about the cup if it means staying up. Would rather that than meeting Timothy again in the final 

43 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You said earlier they’d both failed, so what will we achieve sticking with stendel? Should we learn our lesson from the last two mangers who’ve over stayed their welcome?

I said he is failing, and I said he has failed thus far. Changing manager again for the fourth time this season would be utter madness. We need to hope that he changes something and we start winning games. It’s all or bust now. What I am debating with others, is this ridiculous idea that if we get relegated, Stendel won’t be due any of the blame. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s simply not true. 

Check out pages 594-600 on this forum.  
You certainly wanted him out and Tommy Wright in. 

Budge's legacy

The stand

Levein

Cathro

Stendell

Relegation

Losing

Concert

Charity

Girl's team

Hibs loving

No atmosphere

Spanking bottoms

31 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My mate has just moved all Daniels belongings from Barnsley to Edinburgh last week. He’s a massive Jambo and was delighted to meet DS. He even gave him a cut price fee for the removal. Daniel said he loves life in Edinburgh and thinks we have amazing fans. 

From what I gleamed from the conversation is that he’s in no hurry to leave or go anywhere. Jorge Sievers has just moved into the street next to him. I seriously don’t think DS would start bring his own backroom team to Edinburgh for him just to walk away at the end of the season. 

We must give him our full support and give him time to change things around for us. The players at his disposal are simply not good enough. We don’t have a right to stay up simply because we are Heart of Midlothian fc. This club has been mismanaged for the last 5 years and expecting Daniel to wave a magic wand and fix this In a matter of weeks is wishful thinking. We are bottom because the players do not have the heart for a dogfight. Klopp couldn’t sort this shite out in the same timeframe. Come the end of the season whatever will be will be. The players need to take responsibility and take a long hard look at themselves.

The new manager and the club have my support 100% 

It’s not up to Daniel though is it? If we get relegated he will surely be sacked?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Budge's legacy

The stand

Levein

Cathro

Stendell

Relegation

Losing

Concert

Charity

Girl's team

Hibs loving

No atmosphere

Spanking bottoms

Your JKB legacy:

Started slavering shite on January 13th 2006.

Never stopped slavering shite since ...

Individual outfield players are making mistakes as they are playing in an unfamiliar setup and/or position and getting isolated.

This is the time to get back to basics, role up the sleeves and fight for points.Losing two goals a game is going to get us relegated!

There are 33 points still to play for and this squad has enough experience and talent to win the majority of them (no I’ve not been drinking). A good Manager will get the best out of them!

We can win on Friday but if we continue with the blinkered tactics then we won’t. If we loose then I can’t see us recovering with DS in charge.

Hopefully he gets it right, we win and start moving up the table.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Your JKB legacy:

Would have said zero. But yours is more succinct.

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Check out pages 594-600 on this forum.  
You certainly wanted him out and Tommy Wright in. 

I did what you suggested.

You’re right, he did too :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Your JKB legacy:

A lot of folk have that date as their ‘sign-up’ date.  Myself included.

Doesn't actually mean that’s the date they first came on here.  There was a re-start, or whatever it’s called?

Guest ToqueJambo

People seem to be having a hard time with folk getting worried about Stendel's lack of wins so far.

Same people laid into Neilson when we were 2nd in the table.

I think the time to question any manager is when they're on a run of form as bad as this. Yes, there is context (aka known as "excuses" in some eyes) but there is for every manager. Neilson was a rookie and working with a much smaller budget at the time. Cathro was a rookie and lost some key players like Djoum and Paterson when he arrived. Levein lost half a team of first picks two seasons in a row.

That said, fully back Stendel and hope he turns things around. He has his own staff, an owner with patience, a big support backing him and some very experienced players who should be doing better.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A lot of folk have that date as their ‘sign-up’ date.  Myself included.

Doesn't actually mean that’s the date they first came on here.  There was a re-start, or whatever it’s called?

We could do with a full factory reset again just now!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We could do with a full factory reset again just now!

With you on that one, Mr,  

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I am looking at it objectively. We have far better players than the other teams in the bottom six and we’re making an arse of it. Your the one resorting to infantile nonsense as you don’t have anything of substance to back Stendel with. 

We don’t have better players. The results over the last 18 months tells you this.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I have 2 Aberdeen sources. 

Got told Mcinnes will leave in the summer on the firm belief the Hearts job is available then. 

So I asked the question. 

My main and most reliable source totally refuted though his man inside has recently left the board

Nah, Hearts won't appoint McInnes, he's just a boring old football manager, turgid football etc. All he does is finish 3rd and qualify for Europe, who wants that???

No, what Hearts need is a young inexperienced manager with a plan to revolutionise the Scottish game, well, at least until they catch up with the new, all conquering Hearts team! A Cathro type, or a Stendel type, or even someone wise and experienced with a five year plan that will lead to unmatched continuity via a bootroom system that will have every other club shaking their heads in awe, that is what Hearts fans demand! Nothing less than revolution!!

McInnes? 3rd place? Europe? 

**** that boring sh*t.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not on any kind of mission. I’m just using a football forum for what it was designed for. Giving and debating opinions. 

Correct. Unless you happen to disagree with those opinions...

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We don’t have better players. The results over the last 18 months tells you this.

When was the last time we fielded our strongest 11 players? Look at the absolute crap that play for clubs above us. Countless Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen cast offs. We have the better players. What we haven’t had is all of them fit or them all played in a competent system that plays to their strengths.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Neither will happen. 

Aberdeen will finish 3rd and we will be relegated most likely 

I'm not generally a betting man but I have stuck 20 quid on Hibs to finish third, at 25/1. Soften the pain if Hearts get relegated, cheeky wee 500 quid, might go somewhere sunny.They're picking up form and others are fading. Hopefully Hearts can sh*t on my bet in the derby, either way I'm a winner!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Budge's legacy

The stand

Levein

Cathro

Stendell

Relegation

Losing

Concert

Charity

Girl's team

Hibs loving

No atmosphere

Spanking bottoms

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Consenting adults only, obviously. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When was the last time we fielded our strongest 11 players? Look at the absolute crap that play for clubs above us. Countless Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen cast offs. We have the better players. What we don’t haven’t had is all of them fit or them all played in a competent system that plays to their strengths.

So we have 11 better players then. Out of a squad of how many? 

Remind me how many “Hearts cast offs” are playing for clubs above us. Should be easy as there is “countless” amounts of them.

You really do talk utter bollox. 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The new manager and the club have my support 100% 

He gave a guy on X thousands a week a discount? Is he interested in magic beans? I have a bagful if he is, going cheap.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Remind me how many “Hearts cast offs” are playing for clubs above us. Should be easy as there is “countless” amounts of them.

Out of interest what do you do for a living? You have a complete inability to stick to the point. You also seem to struggle with simple sentences, resulting in misunderstanding or confusion, on your part.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s not up to Daniel though is it? If we get relegated he will surely be sacked?

Relegation or not, I don’t think Stendel will be going anywhere at the end of the season. It would cost us too much money that we won’t be able to afford. 

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Relegation or not, I don’t think Stendel will be going anywhere at the end of the season. It would cost us too much money that we won’t be able to afford. 

Relegation will cost us an unbelievable amount of money. Why would we keep a manager that couldn’t get one more

point than Hamilton over 22 games?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Relegation will cost us an unbelievable amount of money. Why would we keep a manager that couldn’t get one more

point than Hamilton over 22 games?

While I don’t really disagree with you, the money relegation will cost us will be the reason he doesn’t go. We’d need to pay off him and his staff, on top of the money we’d lose from the budget for dropping into the championship. Add that in to the fact we’ve just completely revamped our coaching team and to a lesser extent our squad then I don’t see how we could take the hit on relegation, sack another coaching team and rebuild the squad. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

He gave a guy on X thousands a week a discount? Is he interested in magic beans? I have a bagful if he is, going cheap.

I think he spent all his magic beans on sponsoring and advertising at Tynecastle 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

While I don’t really disagree with you, the money relegation will cost us will be the reason he doesn’t go. We’d need to pay off him and his staff, on top of the money we’d lose from the budget for dropping into the championship. Add that in to the fact we’ve just completely revamped our coaching team and to a lesser extent our squad then I don’t see how we could take the hit on relegation, sack another coaching team and rebuild the squad. 

I’m optimistic that someone at Hearts had the foresight, to insert a relegation clause, terminating his employment without any financial loss on our part, if the worst occurs.

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Cant see him staying if he can get another gig. He may stay because hes damaged of course.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Wouldn’t we all. Amount of pressure and good chances we had (missing at least three sitters) suggests we could easily have won 5/6-2 same lack of debate would then exist. Hamilton had they not been 2-0 up to some ludicrous play and officiating would have been in serious trouble on Saturday. 

Stendel had the best defensive record in his division in England iirc so he can sort it out. He knew the size of the task as he wanted to come in next summer and build from there where he had time to get players in and his message across.

He should be doing better but you can’t legislate for the stupid mistakes our players make. Bobby cost us a goal on Saturday. Same as Joel had prob 4 in the Killie and St Johnstone game. Its not good enough. Sort that and we are sitting in the high 20’s of points. Thinks are not as dire as people make out but we need to sort things quickly. I think every one of us would take 10th still have Stendel and see what happens next year. 

If your Auntie had balls eh?

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Out of interest what do you do for a living? You have a complete inability to stick to the point. You also seem to struggle with simple sentences, resulting in misunderstanding or confusion, on your part.

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 GTF! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

You only have the ability to stick to two points, defending Levein, and slagging off Stendel. Neither of which is lost on anyone on here. FFS you’re not even remotely subtle about it.

Edit: And shouldn’t you be cracking on making this huge list of Hearts cast offs? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 GTF! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

You only have the ability to stick to two points, defending Levein, and slagging off Stendel. Neither of which is lost on anyone on here. FFS you’re not even remotely subtle about it.

I don’t think you have ever given a straight answer to a single question I’ve asked? Blindly backing a manager, who is clearly

making a total arse of things, is totally embarrassing.

I get it. Everyone said Levein was the worst case scenario. 6th place was totally unacceptable. We couldn’t possibly get any worse.

Step forward Herr Stendel.

If Stendel had gone to Hibs and we’d got Jack Ross, we’d be killing ourselves laughing right now. Folk can’t see it yet but Stendel is complete disaster, which I called back in December. I also got grief

and abuse back then. Eagerly looking forward to contrition and apologies, when it all becomes clear to those that can’t see what is in front of you!

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t think you have ever given a straight answer to a single question I’ve asked? Blindly backing a manager, who is clearly

I get it. Everyone said Levein was the worst case scenario. 6th place was totally unacceptable. We couldn’t possibly get any worse.

If Stendel had gone to Hibs and we’d got Jack Ross, we’d be killing ourselves laughing right now. Folk can’t see it yet but Stendel is complete disaster, which I called back in December. I also got grief

and abuse back then. Eagerly looking forward to contrition and apologies, when it all becomes clear to those that can’t see what is in front of you!

You got grief because you backed the previous manager who had a much longer, horrendous record and was responsible tor building the entire squad. You're now boasting about "calling" the new manager after two weeks in the job.

Oddball behaviour.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You repeatedly ask the same question, why back Stendel? I gave you the answer last night and you chose to ignore it. Like you choose to ignore the answers everyone else gives you to that question. Take the fecking hint. The majority of fans are backing Stendel. You are obviously very, very, unhappy about that. Just get over it FFS!

Maybe best that you stick to correcting people on their grammar. At least you’ll be contributing something positive to proceedings.

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

You got grief because you backed the previous manager who had a much longer, horrendous record and was responsible tor building the entire squad. You're now boasting about "calling" the new manager after two weeks in the job.

Oddball behaviour.

Even odder is that he is still backing the previous manager!!!

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You repeatedly ask the same question, why back Stendel? I gave you the answer last night and you chose to ignore it. Like you choose to ignore the answers everyone else gives you to that question. Take the fecking hint. The majority of fans are backing Stendel. You are obviously very, very, unhappy about that. Just get over it FFS!

Maybe best that you stick to correcting people on their grammar. At least you’ll be contributing something positive to proceedings.

That wasn’t the question I asked you, was it?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

That wasn’t the question I asked you, was it?

Ok, I’ll indulge you for a wee bit longer. What is the fecking question?

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Oddball behaviour.

We had time. If Stendel had managed a few wins we’d have time now. He didn’t, so we don’t.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Let's say you are correct and Stendel is a complete disaster and we are relegated.

Who would you appoint as manager?

Should Budge stay as CEO with another failed managerial appointment?

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Agreed, he didn’t answer either, never does.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Even odder is that he is still backing the previous manager!!!

Yes. A manager who has an almost identical record to the one who's "making a total arse of things", only with the benefit of having given loads of money to shape the squad over years as DoF and manager. 

The same types who called people "pant wetters" etc. for complaining about Levein's rotten record for his last twelve months here bigging themselves up about "calling" the new manager two weeks after walking into the shambles left by his predecessor. Utterly nauseating.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's say you are correct and Stendel is a complete disaster and we are relegated.

Who would you appoint as manager?

Should Budge stay as CEO with another failed managerial appointment?

Not sure who we could attract to be our manager in the Championship? I think Budge would have to go if we are relegated . That would take us right back to square one, only with a new stand.