We are not alone.... Maybe.

Greedy Jambo

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And it appears every 7 years. Just like the mythical village in Scotland that appears every 100 years for a day. Brigadoon I think it’s called. 

I hear Cormack's thinking of putting in a planning application in for a stadium with free time travelling buses provided.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're germs on a rock.

The chances of other germs from another rock finding us during our short germlife are so small it's not really worth considering tbh.

Wow.

How the fek do you ken that?

Right now the span life of humanity is questioned.

The timelines of history are now looking further back and human intelligence nay have superceded ours .

To dismiss the thoughts and beauty of life as just germs is as far from the truth as maroon legions you tube stuff.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Wow.

How the fek do you ken that?

Right now the span life of humanity is questioned.

The timelines of history are now looking further back and human intelligence nay have superceded ours .

To dismiss the thoughts and beauty of life as just germs is as far from the truth as maroon legions you tube stuff.

The universe is a couple of billion years old, we get less than a hundred years each, and the distances are unimaginable to us.

It's no more than understanding statistical probability to say there won't be first contact in our lifetime.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Just a reminder that King Kong wasn't a documentary.

King Dong was a dickumentary though

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The universe is a couple of billion years old, we get less than a hundred years each, and the distances are unimaginable to us.

It's no more than understanding statistical probability to say there won't be first contact in our lifetime.

Can't be  dismissed as germs .

The life as a whole on this planet is something more than just germs.

To suggest that is as ridiculous as aliens probing .

Come on tae fek man.

Life and its wonder and the stuff we know means so much more than how you describe it.

WorldChampions1902
43 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, and there's also stuff like this that makes you think. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasil_(mythical_island)

Jim Penniston, one of the many USAF personnel that witnessed the Rendelsham Forest UFO incidents came forward with an incredible story that linked Hy Brasil with the pyramids and other major ‘weird’ sites around the globe.

Greedy Jambo
50 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're germs on a rock.

The chances of other germs from another rock finding us during our short germlife are so small it's not really worth considering tbh.

That's what you've been told. 

Unknown user
40 minutes ago, Ked said:

Can't be  dismissed as germs .

The life as a whole on this planet is something more than just germs.

To suggest that is as ridiculous as aliens probing .

Come on tae fek man.

Life and its wonder and the stuff we know means so much more than how you describe it.

I'm talking about scale in the grand scheme of things

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's what you've been told. 

Hey this thread's about what you've been told! :laugh2:

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm talking about scale in the grand scheme of things

So am I.

And the scale and grand scheme of things leads me to believe that what we know is enough to say that we know fel all.

21 minutes ago, Ked said:

So am I.

And the scale and grand scheme of things leads me to believe that what we know is enough to say that we know fel all.

In fairness, Ked, you actually do know **** all.  Please don't take that the wrong way.  You know very close to nothing about the pyramids, nor the societal structures, economy and engineering that was required to build them.  That's not a criticism, because most of the world's population know precisely the same amount. 

But there are people out there who know a lot more than **** all, and while the picture they have might be incomplete it is still considerably more thorough than yours.

So the fact that you don't know how it was done doesn't make it a source of complete mystery, wonder and surprise.  It's not actually all that surprising that human societies built stuff like the pyramids, or any of the other ancient "wonders".  Humans can do a lot of really out there stuff.  All they need is the right combination of factors to give them the resources to do it.

On the other hand, if you want to go out there and get the various qualifications and experience needed so you can tell me I'm talking through my hole, you fire right ahead and hopefully I'll be here in 15 or 20 years when you're qualified enough to do so.

nasa just funnels money from the taxpayer and the money goes into the black budget same with the lottery they do give small wins out though a few mill here and there

WAKE UP the only thing thats been in space is your imagination

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, Masonic said:

nasa just funnels money from the taxpayer and the money goes into the black budget same with the lottery they do give small wins out though a few mill here and there

:rofl:

46 minutes ago, Masonic said:

You are using the product of scientific endeavour and cutting edge engineering built upon centuries of technological innovation, which was massively speeded up by the space race - with all of humanity's information at your fingertips, and you believe that. This information has traversed the internet, which was developed due to the cold war/space race and uses technologies developed to support it. It may well have been bounced off a satellite that is just inconveniently for you, orbiting in geo-stationary orbit having been placed in space by a rocket. 

We have a growing space industry in Scotland, are they too just NASA shills then? Literally you have to throw away all our knowledge and indulge in the most ludicrous, global conspiracy involving everyone from astronauts, engineers, programmers, administrators, pilots, sailors, Universities, libraries, governments, space agencies, armies, navies, air forces, mobile phone manufacturers, Apple, Google, IBM, teachers, lecturers, encyclopedia writers, Wikipedia, hospitals, every country, including ones at war or in dispute with others - all keeping schtum 100% (except, naturally, some conspiracy theorist has "sussed it all out" and posted "the truth" on the internet), to support your belief. All Apollo moon landings faked with technology that DID NOT exist at the time, too. 

Or, alternatively, you are wrong. 

Occam's Razor suggests the latter, doesn't it? 

tl, dr - I prefer Buzz Aldrin's response to this insane bullshit.  

Buzz Aldrin GIFs | Tenor

Wake up indeed. 

Edited by Gizmo

Unknown user
14 hours ago, Smithee said:

NB I do not understand statistical probability, I could never even work out what sum I was meant to do!

But consider this.

A planet needs the perfect conditions to support life and the perfect seed to start it. It needs to exist, untwatted, for millions of years while that life evolves.

It needs to be in just the right part of space, at just the right time, for that life to mature into civilisation, to develop culture, and the technology to travel vast distances and reach us.

And then, after all that time and distance, it just so happens that they arrive during the tiny sliver of light that's your lifespan, and do nothing more than piss about in the atmosphere and hint at their existence.

Absolute space bollocks.

Horatio Caine
55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

NB I do not understand statistical probability, I could never even work out what sum I was meant to do!

But consider this.

A planet needs the perfect conditions to support life and the perfect seed to start it. It needs to exist, untwatted, for millions of years while that life evolves.

It needs to be in just the right part of space, at just the right time, for that life to mature into civilisation, to develop culture, and the technology to travel vast distances and reach us.

And then, after all that time and distance, it just so happens that they arrive during the tiny sliver of light that's your lifespan, and do nothing more than piss about in the atmosphere and hint at their existence.

Absolute space bollocks.

When you talk about `life` you mean life as we know it.  You can bet there's a hell of a lot more we don't know and life as we don't know it could exist all over the universe.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

When you talk about `life` you mean life as we know it.  You can bet there's a hell of a lot more we don't know and life as we don't know it could exist all over the universe.

Well of course, yet on my gravestone it'll say "told you" :laugh2:

indianajones
31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The first half of that is quite interesting, then it goes all religious. 

The religious part makes him seem more of a nut than the alien chat. Jesus his voice got seriously irritating during that bit.  

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

"ancient lost civilisation" , "Joe Rogan", "Graham Hancock".

Gave up after that.

Someone needs to tell this guy about the buried camps that have been uncovered that were homes of the Egyptian stone masons who cut the stones. 

15 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

"ancient lost civilisation" , "Joe Rogan", "Graham Hancock".

Gave up after that.

Someone needs to tell this guy about the buried camps that have been uncovered that were homes of the Egyptian stone masons who cut the stones. 

And not even a wee small camp.  The workers were essentially living in a small city.

It's all written down.  Very precisely too, including how much they were paid.

38 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And not even a wee small camp.  The workers were essentially living in a small city.

It's all written down.  Very precisely too, including how much they were paid.

Obviously a plant by the aliens.

6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

😆

Just like the dino bones for the Christians.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

image.png.c27ba438f413228d794493dd6b0fe4ca.png

Space Jews imo.

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

😆

Just like the dino bones for the Christians.

"Flying lizards? You're a moron"

"It seemed so plausible!"

On 07/06/2023 at 00:09, Ulysses said:

In fairness, Ked, you actually do know **** all.  Please don't take that the wrong way.  You know very close to nothing about the pyramids, nor the societal structures, economy and engineering that was required to build them.  That's not a criticism, because most of the world's population know precisely the same amount. 

But there are people out there who know a lot more than **** all, and while the picture they have might be incomplete it is still considerably more thorough than yours.

So the fact that you don't know how it was done doesn't make it a source of complete mystery, wonder and surprise.  It's not actually all that surprising that human societies built stuff like the pyramids, or any of the other ancient "wonders".  Humans can do a lot of really out there stuff.  All they need is the right combination of factors to give them the resources to do it.

On the other hand, if you want to go out there and get the various qualifications and experience needed so you can tell me I'm talking through my hole, you fire right ahead and hopefully I'll be here in 15 or 20 years when you're qualified enough to do so.

😄Brilliant your first sentence.

Now to read the rest of what will no doubt be nippy as fek.

On 07/06/2023 at 00:09, Ulysses said:

Can I point you in the direction of Graham Hancock.

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Can I point you in the direction of Graham Hancock.

No.

He knows about as much as you and I do.  Guy has a sociology degree, which is about as much use for this discussion as a certificate in first aid.

2 hours ago, Ked said:

😄Brilliant your first sentence.

Now to read the rest of what will no doubt be nippy as fek.

"Nippy as fek" seems to be your benchmark.  It shouldn't be.

On a scale of 1 to 100, the people I'm talking about have knowledge in excess of 90 (and I'm being conservative here).  Meanwhile you and I are lumbering around at a level of less than 5 (and I'm being charitable to both of us here).  If you want to take these people on and discredit their years of learning, research and analysis, there are no ****ing short cuts.  You gotta do the years of learning, research and analysis.  You haven't, and until you do their smarts are waaaaaaaaaaayyyy more trustworthy and reliable than yours.  The reason you find what I post as "nippy as fek" is because you know what I'm saying is true and it spoils your fun.  Real science and learning are less entertaining than the made-up shite, but to be honest you kinda just need to get over that.

Soz, but that's how it is.

On 07/06/2023 at 18:56, AlphonseCapone said:

I need to re-read this thread high, be absolutely class. 

Hell i'm frequently high reading these threads at night. Just recently switched from smoking weed to cannabis vape cartridges. Much more potent and for me at least a lot cheaper than weed.

I think I may have been wasteful with weed, and let's face it, it's unavoidable that a good whack of it is just going to literally go up in smoke uncaptured.

A cartridge like this one which I have right now will last weeks and costs $15.99 or £12.89 at current exchange rates.

More efficient and cost friendly and healthier. Incidentally the THC content of a typical good quality weed is around 25%, check out the THC content of the cartridge. There are $5 cartridges just as potent.

Purple Punch

Red Sky

Cartridge

Details

THC 99.21% 

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

No.

He knows about as much as you and I do.  Guy has a sociology degree, which is about as much use for this discussion as a certificate in first aid.

On a scale of 1 to 100, the people I'm talking about have knowledge in excess of 90 (and I'm being conservative here).  Meanwhile you and I are lumbering around at a level of less than 5 (and I'm being charitable to both of us here).  If you want to take these people on and discredit their years of learning, research and analysis, there are no ****ing short cuts.  You gotta do the years of learning, research and analysis.  You haven't, and until you do their smarts are waaaaaaaaaaayyyy more trustworthy and reliable than yours.  The reason you find what I post as "nippy as fek" is because you know what I'm saying is true and it spoils your fun.  Real science and learning are less entertaining than the made-up shite, but to be honest you kinda just need to get over that.

Fecking Killjoy!

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Hell i'm frequently high reading these threads at night. Just recently switched from smoking weed to cannabis vape cartridges. Much more potent and for me at least a lot cheaper than weed.

I think I may have been wasteful with weed, and let's face it, it's unavoidable that a good whack of it is just going to literally go up in smoke uncaptured.

A cartridge like this one which I have right now will last weeks and costs $15.99 or £12.89 at current exchange rates.

More efficient and cost friendly and healthier. Incidentally the THC content of a typical good quality weed is around 25%, check out the THC content of the cartridge. There are $5 cartridges just as potent.

Purple Punch

Red Sky

Cartridge

Details

THC 99.21% 

How I imagine you😳

th-2268067872.jpg

15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

No.

It's interesting stuff.

Unknown user
15 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Purple Punch

Red Sky

Cartridge

Details

THC 99.21% 

That's not right, 99.21% is a lump of THC!

No matter how pure the extract is (maybe they reckon that's the 99% figure?), it has to be diluted by vape liquid, and as extracts don't mix directly they have to be pre treated with something like PEG 400.

The mixture really can't be much more than 40% extract I reckon, with the rest carrier and flavour.

I've been trying to make extracts again recently but it's just not satisfying enough to put so much green in and come out with such tiny amounts of rosin. Even if it is incredibly strong, it just feels like such a waste.

I've tried white spirit extract in the past, that was too easy to **** up time wise, the heat press method is my most recent attempt, I made a cool combination of t shirt press and vice.

I know deep down inside that I'll have to try making butane honey oil at some point, I suppose it's really the experimenting that I'm into.

I keep meaning to buy a couple of grams of shatter to make carts, I'll get round to it one day.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

That's not right, 99.21% is a lump of THC!

No matter how pure the extract is (maybe they reckon that's the 99% figure?), it has to be diluted by vape liquid, and as extracts don't mix directly they have to be pre treated with something like PEG 400.

The mixture really can't be much more than 40% extract I reckon, with the rest carrier and flavour.

I've been trying to make extracts again recently but it's just not satisfying enough to put so much green in and come out with such tiny amounts of rosin. Even if it is incredibly strong, it just feels like such a waste.

I've tried white spirit extract in the past, that was too easy to **** up time wise, the heat press method is my most recent attempt, I made a cool combination of t shirt press and vice.

I know deep down inside that I'll have to try making butane honey oil at some point, I suppose it's really the experimenting that I'm into.

I keep meaning to buy a couple of grams of shatter to make carts, I'll get round to it one day.

Send me some uplifting weed in the post, if you don't mind, the stuff that makes you giggle like ****. 

I stopped smoking it years ago because it was always the gouchy, laze around and eat too much stuff round here. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Send me some uplifting weed in the post, if you don't mind, the stuff that makes you giggle like ****. 

I stopped smoking it years ago because it was always the gouchy, laze around and eat too much stuff round here. 

Go sativa, avoid indica. Unfortunately the scene's dominated by indica 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, i already knew that, but thanks for your help. 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i already knew that, but thanks for your help. 

Thanks for being utterly charming

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can I ask why?

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Can I ask why?

Sativas are more uppy, buzzy, indicas give you couch lock