Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Highest number of daily deaths in months. 

Hands up if you think Nicola is still doing a good job. 

Deaths were always going to shoot up as soon as covid got into care homes again.

She is making an erse of it, but I'm not going to blame her for this wave of care home deaths

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah, , those lefties saved you and your fellow right wingers who bankrupted the world back in 2008.

But you're right, the Labour government should have left everyone to go bust, lose their house and whatever goes with it. 

Wait, we bailed them out and also allowed their mates to cash in on the debt. 🤔

I think Labour spending - as is their wont - like a drunken sailor on shore leave, left the country in a perilous position. Labour govts bankrupting the country is nothing new tbh. Yes, the banks were partly to blame but it can all be traced back to Bill Clinton and the sub prime scandal he created by recklessly offering mortages to winos on the street corner.

2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I'd personally like to see governments giving out  stats each day on other things aswell such as loss of businesses, jobs etc etc.

Yes, I agree. We need a lot more detail about Covid too. How many are catching it in hospital? How many have underlying conditions? How many died with rather than of Covid?  Ladling sympathy every single day on families of small numbers of Covid victims,  while ignoring the 150+ who also died yesterday of other, equally dangerous illnesses or in even more tragic circumstances,  car crashes etc, is tbh wearing very thin and coming across as being a bit contrived.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Deaths were always going to shoot up as soon as covid got into care homes again.

She is making an erse of it, but I'm not going to blame her for this wave of care home deaths

Not this round anyway. 

I see a section of our student population are still flouting the rules on drunken gatherings as they see fit. 

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Splitting hairs and acting the goat ain’t going  to help. 

Yes it is.

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

If the government said you could have one pint you’d ask for two. They’d never win. 

Damn right I would, but at this point I'd be happy being able to get a meal at my favourite restaurants. Where's your justification for this?

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

recklessly offering mortages to winos on the street corner.

I couldn't have got on to the ladder otherwise tbf.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not this round anyway. 

I see a section of our student population are still flouting the rules on drunken gatherings as they see fit. 

Yes it is.

Damn right I would, but at this point I'd be happy being able to get a meal at my favourite restaurants. Where's your justification for this?

I couldn't have got on to the ladder otherwise tbf.

Me neither.  That bottle of Blue Nun made all the difference 👍

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101111 01100100

546865206765656b20696e206d6520617070726f766573206f66207468697321 :thumb:

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hardly surprising when nearly all hospitality is shut.

Is that not England?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, graygo said:

No idea tbf.

This should be my response to almost every post on here tbf.

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Give me an example of when I called someone who is acting sensibly and responsibly a name 

You’ve changed the goalposts.

You're now saying it’s ok to call someone names, depending on what the situation is.  

Am I right so far?

Next you’ll be telling us that it’s ok to call people names if you hail from Hamilton.

Am I right thus far?

Well, I’m not from Hamilton, but I think you’re a twit.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your spelling is poor!!!

3 tiers , 5 tiers , new buzz words being used , circuit breaker , reset , etc , setting area against area ( England ) and all the rest of the shit that’s been tried since March . 

Each and every govt should be ****ing ashamed of the way they’ve failed to act as one for the safety and benefit of this island and it’s inhabitants. 

useless *******s the lot of them 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Had never heard of it before. Looks great. Assume they're currently closed, however :( 

Aye they will be. :wattie:

Heartsmad1874
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hardly surprising when nearly all hospitality is shut.

The chap who posted it is in Manchester i believe.

21 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Scottish Government new Covid restrictions  cabinet meeting earlier

3459E994-1044-4E46-ACAF-69A0E5BD3DD7.jpeg

Obese clowns, dress up as clowns, is that you in the maroon top?...:biggrin:

Can someone on here please explain to me how a country with a population of over 50 million operate a 3 tier system but a country with a population of 5.5 million consider operating a 5 tier system? Obviously not seen the full details, but surely this is just going to confuse people even more, and, in the case of the hospitality sector, throw the industry into an absolute maelstrom.

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’ve changed the goalposts.

You're now saying it’s ok to call someone names, depending on what the situation is.  

Am I right so far?

Next you’ll be telling us that it’s ok to call people names if you hail from Hamilton.

Am I right thus far?

Or tell them to jerk off 😀

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Your spelling is poor!!!

:isee:

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Or tell them to jerk off 😀

That too!

Howdy Doody Jambo
26 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

3 tiers , 5 tiers , new buzz words being used , circuit breaker , reset , etc , setting area against area ( England ) and all the rest of the shit that’s been tried since March . 

Each and every govt should be ****ing ashamed of the way they’ve failed to act as one for the safety and benefit of this island and it’s inhabitants. 

useless *******s the lot of them 

100% 

They don't know what there doing, guessing, plucking figure's out of the sky, group-thinking safety in number's, circuit breaking, run around now, hop on one leg, bonkers 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

👍

There'll be a good few who will be dreading the enquiry once the dust settles, doug.

I think we may see a slew of prominent decicion makers and high profile figures falling on their swords before they are exposed to full public scrutiny - possibly even the FM. I don't know if that is what you were alluding to the other day. Very few will come out of this unblemished, despite their best intentions.

They'll spin it out and cover it up as best they can. It doesn't look good for the FM on more than this issue.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think Labour spending - as is their wont - like a drunken sailor on shore leave, left the country in a perilous position. Labour govts bankrupting the country is nothing new tbh. Yes, the banks were partly to blame but it can all be traced back to Bill Clinton and the sub prime scandal he created by recklessly offering mortages to winos on the street corner.

FFS 🤣🤣🤣🤣

husref musemic
1 hour ago, JWL said:

Can someone on here please explain to me how a country with a population of over 50 million operate a 3 tier system but a country with a population of 5.5 million consider operating a 5 tier system? Obviously not seen the full details, but surely this is just going to confuse people even more, and, in the case of the hospitality sector, throw the industry into an absolute maelstrom.

holyrood bods justifying their £80k existence by tying a tartan ribbon on whatever comes across there desks.

Edited by husref musemic

1 hour ago, JWL said:

The WM scientific advisers have said they have little confidence in the 3 tier system.

Tiers 2 to 4 in Scotland it is rumoured will be very similar to England, 5 will be stricter lockdown, and 1 nearly back to normal with minimal restrictions.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The WM scientific advisers have said they have little confidence in the 3 tier system.

Tiers 2 to 4 in Scotland it is rumoured will be very similar to England, 5 will be stricter lockdown, and 1 nearly back to normal with minimal restrictions.

That makes sense. As long as the central belt isn’t lumped together all the time for no good reason.

11 minutes ago, obua said:

That makes sense. As long as the central belt isn’t lumped together all the time for no good reason.

The challenge of course is what are we all prepared to accept.

Would we be prepared to go down to postcodes, queuing, providing address verification to enter all venues, stricter table settings in hospitality so at least the country can move towards slightly above 'get by', recognising mass crowds just aren't happening, no more 'softly, softly' police approach.

Thing is, if you go strict lockdown, financial packages have to be made available.

If we closed Glasgow down and gave them £100m it would be....well you know.

Edited by DETTY29

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

I meant to add

There were only 1200 ARIs that week as compared to 90,000 odd cases

Would it be fair to say that the percentages of ARIs, which include Covid-19, are reflective of the settings where Covid-19 is most likely being transmitted if not reflective of actual case numbers as such?

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

https://apple.news/AYnIrlPllR_yQA5rIHqtQSw

Doesn’t sound like the test and protect system is operating all that well. Still can’t believe we’re not backwards tracing.

I would not be surprised if the Test and Protect system is overwhelmed. 

For some people - communication disorders etc - recieving a text is actually better than the phone.  I’d get and be able to recall a text, but not info from a phone call.  If you make sure there is a reply to say the message has been received.   

I agree with you, there seems to be no move to measures that are better for controlling overdispersion spread, given the data coming from the scientists.  

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How many died with rather than of Covid? 

I thought this had been explained.   That is not how death certificates are are made out.  

13 minutes ago, obua said:

I am hoping the restrictions move to a council level again and not a health board level.  Some of the councils have so many fewer cases than others in the health board area.  

12 minutes ago, obua said:

manaliveits105

Apparently our FM indicated we would be going for a 5 tier system like New Zealand and Ireland 

New Zealand has a 4 tier system :what:

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, JWL said:

If someone explains it in enough detail will you still be cracking on with your 6-pal hoose gathering a week on Saturday? 

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t know, but the experts don’t think it does and if you compared care homes and universities for example it wouldn’t 

Interesting. The huge daily positive case numbers are certainly coming from somewhere and the hospitality and home taps have been turned off in Scotland. 

I've attached Ireland's breakdown of cases for weeks 42 for comparison. 

No chance of seeing this kind of detail from SG. It would blow the current restrictions clean out the water. 

20201021_211907.jpg

Governor Tarkin
38 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

These are from the PHE weekly reports and the % relates to Incidents not cases or infections as explained in the document- 

Acute respiratory infection incidents, England
Information on acute respiratory infection (ARI) incidents is based on situations reported to PHE Health Protection Teams (HPTs). These include:
• confirmed outbreaks of acute respiratory infections ie two or more laboratory confirmed
cases (COVID-19, influenza or other respiratory pathogen) linked to a particular setting
• situations where an outbreak is suspected. All suspected outbreaks are further investigat-
ed by the HPT in liaison with local partners and a significant proportion do not meet the criteria of a confirmed outbreak. For example if suspected cases test negative for COVID- 19 or other respiratory pathogens, or cases are subsequently found not to have direct links to the setting. Since Pillar 2 testing became open to everyone during week 21 more incidents of mild disease have been detected in settings with healthy young populations.

Also Universities and care homes are residential situations, so not the same as hospitality. Some of those figures we can speculate on actual cases, universities each outbreak would produce a high number of cases, but care homes each outbreak is a small number of cases. 

So is that good or bad? :(

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If someone explains it in enough detail will you still be cracking on with your 6-pal hoose gathering a week on Saturday? 

Aye

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It'll be 5-pal because I can't make it. :(

Who would have thought outsourcing to the Private Sector filled with little public health experience would go so badly?

Absolute shower of incompetent charlatans this UK Govt is.

12bn but couldn't find 5m for Manchester or free school meals.

Bet they throw more than 5m at this sh1tshow.

31 minutes ago, weehammy said:

With only three fingers. 🤟🖖👉👆🤏✌️🤷🏻‍♂️

Still enough fingers on the other hand tho 😉

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Interesting. The huge daily positive case numbers are certainly coming from somewhere and the hospitality and home taps have been turned off in Scotland. 

No chance of seeing this kind of detail from SG. It would blow the current restrictions clean out the water. 

20201021_211907.jpg

And to illustrate how bizarre the approach of govts has been to Covid this year,  the Welsh published the scientific advice they used in deciding to implement a 2 week firebreak. Bearing in mind the average age of those who died in the first wave was 80 and they had 2 other serious illnesses. The reasonable worst case scenario predicts a reduction of 750 deaths. This will come with an economic hit of £300million, set aside from a resilience fund. The cost per live saved could exceed by tenfold, the normal threshold used by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence to rule on the introduction, or otherwise, of equally life-saving NHS treatments.  Why have politicians collectively had such a hysterical reaction to Covid since February??

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

20201021_211907.jpg

Thats interesting.  Presumably neither the Westminster nor Holyrood governments  publish that sort of detail ?  Is that because the T&T process can't identify the likely source .... or because they simply don't want to make it public  ?

Another thing from yesterday's WM briefing when JVT put up hunners of graphs and heat maps ...... how come London appears to have relatively low numbers of infections & hospital admissions compared to NW, NE and Midlands ?  Anyone able to explain that one ?    Weird.... 

Just now, jonesy said:

Those stats would indicate we are best creating a state of 'lock out', where everyone spends the next few months outside of the house. Seems to be a pretty dangerous place. Either that, or we could all gather in a pub, or sit on public transport. Seem like pretty safe places, in comparison.

The less said about 'personal grooming service' the better, though.

😁A bit of personal grooming, a pie and a pint. What could be safer??

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And to illustrate how bizarre the approach of govts has been to Covid this year,  the Welsh published the scientific advice they used in deciding to implement a 2 week firebreak. Bearing in mind the average age of those who died in the first wave was 80 and they had 2 other serious illnesses. The reasonable worst case scenario predicts a reduction of 750 deaths. This will come with an economic hit of £300million, set aside from a resilience fund. The cost per live saved could exceed by tenfold, the normal threshold used by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence to rule on the introduction, or otherwise, of equally life-saving NHS treatments.  Why have politicians collectively had such a hysterical reaction to Covid since February??

At a basic level,  governments don't like major events they're not in control of ........ and are scared that the public will  blame them for not showing  effective leadership.....  so  they go into "take back control" mode,  and start  imposing control measures all over the place.   Cue the soundbites ......firebreaks, circuit-breaker, lockdown etc 

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Apparently our FM indicated we would be going for a 5 tier system like New Zealand and Ireland 

New Zealand has a 4 tier system :what:

Is that right? Aye

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, Lone Striker said:

At a basic level,  governments don't like major events they're not in control of ........ and are scared that the public will  blame them for not showing  effective leadership.....  so  they go into "take back control" mode,  and start  imposing control measures all over the place.   Cue the soundbites ......firebreaks, circuit-breaker, lockdown etc 

I think you've just hit the nail on the head LS.👍

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Doing it all on a bus. Might make the personal grooming a bit tricky as the number 24 negotiates the rutted, bumpy roads of the Grange, however.

Sturgeon, Swinney, Leitch and JiH not invited. I'm not convinced any of them have sex parts. Ken dolls, the lot of them.

🤣🤣

husref musemic
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Nail on head.

What fun this miserable shower must have, figuring out new and creative ways to stop people living their lives. Criminals.

it's amazing. you'd think people would be getting pee'd off at this. Watching NS waffle on the telly every single day putting a wee twist on the rules instead of doing her job...."i understand how tough it is blah blah" (£250k house in secure jobs).

Amazingly the polls are good for the SNP helped on by the free ride they get from Labour. 

12 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She's certainly no friend of care homes.

She'd be as well dressing up as the grim reaper and walking the halls, whilst exclaiming "let me be very clear about this...."

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic