Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

He made the point that the premises must be shut at 10pm so no "last drinks".

Three pints at 9:35 than. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I remember those days. That 3 pints in the last 15 minutes was a laugh. 🥴

Thats why folk were spewing up outside at 10.10pm😕.

Good old days.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

He made the point that the premises must be shut at 10pm so no "last drinks".

So everyone goes back to someone's house for a few more drinks........................mental.

2 minutes ago, JWL said:

So everyone goes back to someone's house for a few more drinks........................mental.

If your a moron, nailed it.

A great philosopher once wrote,

'Lockdown, Lockdown, the whole world's in lockdown. When this is over we'll all be delighted.'

Unless it's totally eradicated small scale lockdowns will do brussel sprout.

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, JWL said:

Is it not still a maximum of six from two different households?

Actually thought BoJo wasn't too bad there. Didn't come across as his usual clueless oaf. 

Also, other than old school closing times, it seems pretty much bash on as we are. Smaller weddings, big events put on hold, no large indoor sports. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So what's actually happening, pubs need to shut at 10 and we're going to hear more later on? 

And people should work at home. More limits on numbers at weddings. Face masks compulsory for retail staff.

That was about it. 8pm will be about talking to us about it - Churchillian speech. 

19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I know very little about Sturgeon, other than the rumours which have been alluded to elsewhere but doesn't this put her in a similar field to most current 'senior' politicians?

With the exceptions of Bozo (shagging & making cardboard box buses), Trump (golf & groping) and Putin (bareback horse riding, bear wrestling and other manly pursuits that only real, heterosexual men indulge in), I couldn't describe the personal lives of any of those fokkers.

Thing is we do though,  even salmond- curry/ football 

Gordon brown- raith rovers, played rugby

Tony Blair - bombing Arabs 

Sturgeon? So far her fan boys have identified she has parents🤪

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

And people should work at home. More limits on numbers at weddings. Face masks compulsory for retail staff.

That was about it. 8pm will be about talking to us about it - Churchillian speech. 

Pretty much things that are already happening. 

24 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I know very little about Sturgeon, other than the rumours which have been alluded to elsewhere but doesn't this put her in a similar field to most current 'senior' politicians?

With the exceptions of Bozo (shagging & making cardboard box buses), Trump (golf & groping) and Putin (bareback horse riding, bear wrestling and other manly pursuits that only real, heterosexual men indulge in), I couldn't describe the personal lives of any of those fokkers.

😂😂👍👍😂

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

She reads a lot . Posted a pic the other day of a book on her lap , might have been “ trainspotting” 😂

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Gordon Brown had no interest in rugby since his accident and his allegiance to Raith Rovers was a flag of convenience, knowing that one has to have a football club to have any 'street cred'; similar to Blair's recollection of watching Jackie Milburn from the Gallowgate end. (Why he ever said that is a complete mystery; he's a big sports follower, football in particular, so didn't need to make up a story.)

I hate being fair to politicians but for most of them, they'll feel the effect of covid restrictions the same as the rest of us: through their families. Whether it's their kids' schooling or their ability to visit elderly parents, that'll be the main restriction. How many of them do you reckon go down the pub and grab a curry? How many go to the pictures? 

I'm looking in from London and the view from here is that Sturgeon has a better understanding of and empathy for her electorate than we've got with the halfwits and clowns in Westminster. 

I propose that Any discussion of dismissing the new rules and guidelines or encouraging others not to follow them or explicitly saying they won’t bother with it, without any good reason - should be removed from the thread and blocked from posting further on it.

any such talk is deeply irresponsible.

would the mods agree? If not, why not?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

As others have mentioned, I agree that the 10pm finishing time will probably make virtually no difference.

The measures we currently have are good enough if carried out well and enforced. Enforcement is the key - that is what we need to tighten up.

It has probably already been mentioned on here but the quote on https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-54240727  from a non-mask wearer in a shop in Bellshill sums it up for me:

He said: "I have not heard of anyone with the virus, I got fed up doing it and I don't believe in it any more. I feel fine, my family's fine. If people really care about it they have masks on and if they are following all the rules, and what they believe in they should be all right themselves."

This is how the virus spreads.

Edited by redjambo

42 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:cornette: 

Aye running the country during a pandemic wouldn't be at all stressful right enough.:rofl:

Aye, far more stressful than losing your home and living on the streets right enough😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Just watched STV news they are saying the fish will announce that you will not be allowed to meet people in your home. 

If so, then we must follow the rules 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aye, far more stressful than losing your home and living on the streets right enough😂😂😂😂

It's not one or the other ffs :lol:

Must be a ****ing nightmare running a country atm

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Just watched STV news they are saying the fish will announce that you will not be allowed to meet people in your home. 

:( what about in your garden?

Might need to invest in an outdoor heater or firepit. 

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

👍 this is the issue that really annoys me most during this whole pandemic , people clamouring and arguing for a full lockdown without the slightest interest or concern for those who may lose their jobs , businesses , the effects on the mental and physical health of people too who may struggle im their houses copped up 

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As others have mentioned, I agree that the 10pm finishing time will probably make virtually no difference.

The measures we currently have are good enough if carried out well and enforced. Enforcement is the key - that is what we need to tighten up.

It has probably already been mentioned on here but the quote on https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-54240727  from a non-mask wearer in a shop in Bellshill sums it up for me:

He said: "I have not heard of anyone with the virus, I got fed up doing it and I don't believe in it any more. I feel fine, my family's fine. If people really care about it they have masks on and if they are following all the rules, and what they believe in they should be all right themselves."

This is how the virus spreads.

It’s funny how he actually is saying what a massive majority of people are saying , not knowing anyone who had had it 

With a bill upcoming that will allow the Government to break the law and a no deal Brexit likely, where Government planning indicated potential shortages and potential civil unrest,this doesn't concern me in the slightest.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I propose that Hibs in Hamilton's trolling account should be erased from JKB forever.

If you agree give me a hell...yeah?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29863eucvt0fbifuoqoa

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Its quite apparent that she has little/no understanding of life, as she has not really had one.

Its all very well expressing sympathy for something you know little or care little about, but it is entirely another fighting for something you care about or need.

On a personal level I am struggling to think of anything she actually needs or would miss- foreign travel? Curry? cinemas? Soft play?

She could pass this entire pandemic and it would not have affected her life one iota, because she does not appear to have ever had one

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I am benig serious though.

Does she "do" anything outside politics.

Has she ever?

What difference has the entire pandemic made to her on a  personal level?

Its different when its personal

What a complete lot of shite. You might disagree with her political stance or her approach when it comes to handling CV but to say that her personal life has not been affected is complete cack

Think you should maybe step away from the keyboard go outside and have a fag Doctor

8 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

It’s funny how he actually is saying what a massive majority of people are saying , not knowing anyone who had had it 

I was able to say that until a week ago too until 3 members of my family came down with it. It strikes much closer to home when the stats become people.

I never knew anyone personally with AIDS but it didn't stop it being a pandemic that killed so many folk.

It's really not a good argument at all, especially given the number of people who can be asymptomatic.

Edited by redjambo

48 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If your a moron, nailed it.

That's what is happening though, whether you like it or not. It's been stated many times on this thread, insane decision to close safe environments early and have 6 or 7 people head to a one bedroom flat for more beer. Personally, I'll just have a few more in my own house if it's a weekend, but certainly for hoards of 20 odd year olds, it'll be all back to Jack's or whoever for a piss up.

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

With a bill upcoming that will allow the Government to break the law and a no deal Brexit likely, where Government planning indicated potential shortages and potential civil unrest,this doesn't concern me in the slightest.

The army could be used to help support the police so that the police can be freed up for the frontline. The army aren't going to be going around chucking folk out pubs.

Dagger Is Back
29 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Gordon Brown had no interest in rugby since his accident and his allegiance to Raith Rovers was a flag of convenience, knowing that one has to have a football club to have any 'street cred'; similar to Blair's recollection of watching Jackie Milburn from the Gallowgate end. (Why he ever said that is a complete mystery; he's a big sports follower, football in particular, so didn't need to make up a story.)

I hate being fair to politicians but for most of them, they'll feel the effect of covid restrictions the same as the rest of us: through their families. Whether it's their kids' schooling or their ability to visit elderly parents, that'll be the main restriction. How many of them do you reckon go down the pub and grab a curry? How many go to the pictures? 

I'm looking in from London and the view from here is that Sturgeon has a better understanding of and empathy for her electorate than we've got with the halfwits and clowns in Westminster. 

Well said IPK. Your last paragraph nails it for me. 

12 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

It's not one or the other ffs :lol:

Must be a ****ing nightmare running a country atm

All these homeless people in shop door ways going "thank **** I'm not the FM". Are you for ****ing real?

Dagger Is Back
42 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

WTAF? Her sister apparently is a phlebotmist working in the NHS

Edited by Dagger Is Back

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

The army could be used to help support the police so that the police can be freed up for the frontline. The army aren't going to be going around chucking folk out pubs.

I have little confidence that this Government won't abuse these powers, admittedly I am a cynical barsteward.

27 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I propose that Hibs in Hamilton's trolling account should be erased from JKB forever.

If you agree give me a hell...yeah?

Where is he? 

He’d normally be all over this thread.... surely he’s no banned 😱

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

6 Moderators:

1. The moderators and Administrators are members of the JKB Admin team who have volunteered their time to ensure that posting rules are followed. Moderators are necessary in order for members to receive maximum enjoyment from using this board and to protect everyone from possible civil and criminal liability.

2. Do not abuse Moderators or any other member of the Admin Team. Moderator decisions are not open for discussion or debate. Posting criticism of members of the moderator/Admin team or posting comments that could be taken as questioning moderator decisions, will be viewed as moderator abuse. Do not speculate on Moderators identities. Such actions by a member may result in a permanent ban.

I am not criticising- I am merely asking a question 

Just now, Jambo no 1 said:

393 new cases.

73 in hospital 

10 in icu 

1 death. 

OMG, in a country with over 5 million people. Take care out there.

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I propose that Any discussion of dismissing the new rules and guidelines or encouraging others not to follow them or explicitly saying they won’t bother with it, without any good reason - should be removed from the thread and blocked from posting further on it.

any such talk is deeply irresponsible.

Wee Nicky's on now.

Lets hear the new rules and restrictions we're all going to dingie.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic