Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Mandatory mask wearing in public places in Paris from tomorrow.

Only a matter of time before it's the same in the UK (thank feck I live in the country and don't come into contact with many people)

And the Czech Republic, Switzerland & Jamaica have just been added to the list of 14 day quarantine.

Watch Greece, won't be long until they are on the list as well.

If the UK's cases start rising to the same levels as the rest of Europe then quarantine is pointless.

No point in trashing the aviation industry any more than it needs.

Let people decide for themselves if they feel safe enough to travel

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Smoking reduces your risk of Covid,

I should be allowed to smoke in work and Tesco’s INSTEAD of a mask,

and blowing the smoke on others might save their lives.

preferably whilst taking the grapes from their trollies and smashing them as a safety measure

Sound advice there from our resident medical professional.

Follow the science, guys, and stay safe. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And why is that? 

Come on enlighten everyone with your expert scientific knowledge of why face masks should be worn at all times outside in the UK or anywhere for that matter.

Yes please enlighten us

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If the UK's cases start rising to the same levels as the rest of Europe then quarantine is pointless.

No point in trashing the aviation industry any more than it needs.

Let people decide for themselves if they feel safe enough to travel

No because then they might bring the virus back and then pass it on to some one else so this is simply not ever going to be an option 

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was that at Lauriston? Mine was back in May so might have changed since then, think it might have been before they were mandatory actually. 

nope englandshire

Brighton Jambo

All this chat of people becoming totally fed up with this level of restriction has got me thinking.  In my opinion January will be a tipping point.  I think most have people have written off 2020 as a sh@t year.  But come the new year people will be feeling like they always do, fresh start, new drive and determination etc.  I think many more people will take the approach of not letting 2021 be as badly ruined as this year and will start doing their own thing much more.  

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

No because then they might bring the virus back and then pass it on to some one else so this is simply not ever going to be an option 

If the cases are at the same levels then you have the same chance of catching it here

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

If it saves one person then it’s worth it

67 million people should be forced to wear a face covering outside to save 1 live is worth it?

You've lost the plot completely.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, graygo said:

67 million people should be forced to wear a face covering outside to save 1 live is worth it?

I cant make my mind up if he is just winding us up ?   

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And why is that? 

Come on enlighten everyone with your expert scientific knowledge of why face masks should be worn at all times outside in the UK or anywhere for that matter.

You won't get a response. He's a troll. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I honestly cant understand the reasoning behind mandatory mask wearing in public.  Whatever side of the argument people are on about Covid ( lockdown v Lockdown etc) most people , joe public plus the scientists  agree that its highly unlikely that the virus is transmitted outside.  So the question is why?

If the virus was completly airbourne then I'd understand it, but all the scientific evidence thus far shows that the virus dissipates rapidly outside and the risk is almost non-existent.  Enclosed spaces or where there is a large crowd, that's different.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You won't get a response. He's a troll. 

Of course he is, it's the same on every thread he posts on, just winds folk up and trolls the feck out of the thread.

How he's not been launched is beyond me.

Jambo 4 Ever
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And why is that? 

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/why-wearing-a-mask-is-the-most-important-thing-we-can-do-to-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19/

31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Only a matter of time then before you ask the wrong person.

I would agree with that. 

It's also worth remembering that some folk just don't agree with the policy and some are just awkward feckers who genuinely don't give a shit about the rest of us. 

This thread has been an eye opener in that regard. 

https://apple.news/AocGoEFJCQd64KR4iraaGGQ

LG has announced a new battery-powered face mask, which the tech giant describes as a "wearable air purifier".

The device, called the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier, allows the person wearing it to breathe in clean air both inside and outside.

With a battery life of eight hours on a single charge, the design features two H13 HEPA filters - similar to those found in home air-purifying products. These filters can capture 99.97% of particles in the air.

AlphonseCapone
20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Of course he is, it's the same on every thread he posts on, just winds folk up and trolls the feck out of the thread.

How he's not been launched is beyond me.

Same. 

Brighton Jambo
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I cant make my mind up if he is just winding us up ?   

He might be but there are plenty who do think like that.

No more birthday parties for children, no more big birthdays for adults, no big weddings, funerals, Nights out with mates, work Xmas parties, leaving drinks with long term colleagues probably for another 6/9 months so we can save the lives of a demographic of people who have a good chance of dying of far more prevalent illnesses anyway or their existing underlying conditions.

I feel guilty I am starting to think this way as I wouldn’t have back in March but there we are, frustration levels are reaching breaking point.  

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Same. 

One of the most irritating people on the thread and it’s blatant trolling.  Which I’m sure is against the rules.  Not you obvs! 

51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

At least twice as many people on average  die daily of flu every year. In a bad year 5 times as many. In a very bad year 20 times as many. For a century and more we have lived with this risk without lock downs, masks, reductions in our freedom to meet who we want, hold parties weddings and funerals,

attend football  and and without all the other restrictions we have now. And without a massive economic slump and all the other longer term effects of the current insanity. 

All the governments in the UK and Europe don't have a clue. 

We should allow the experts on JKB to dictate policy. 

Why do you think most governments are in line with the use of face masks ? 

Is it some kind of secret pact to keep free thinkers like yourself under the cosh. 

Or is it more likely to avoid our hospitals and health service to be overun. 

This virus has not gone away no point in tempting fate. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

He might be but there are plenty who do think like that.

No more birthday parties for children, no more big birthdays for adults, no big weddings, funerals, Nights out with mates, work Xmas parties, leaving drinks with long term colleagues probably for another 6/9 months so we can save the lives of a demographic of people who have a good chance of dying of far more prevalent illnesses anyway or their existing underlying conditions.

I feel guilty I am starting to think this way as I wouldn’t have back in March but there we are, frustration levels are reaching breaking point.  

Good posting. I wouldn't say your feeling " guilty" your just weighing up the risks as most of us are doing by accessing information about the virus. 

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is it some kind of secret pact to keep free thinkers like yourself under the cosh. 

This 

Francis Albert
50 minutes ago, graygo said:

I have suggested this before but reintroducing the old law that all motor vehicles must be led  by a man (or woman) on foot  with a red flag would save almost 1700 lives a year. It would also solve the impending unemployment disaster.

Back to 2005
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

This is not a spoof....I still cant actually believe it.  

Wow! That woman should be locked up not the child. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Francis Albert said:

I have suggested this before but reintroducing the old law that all motor vehicles must be led  by a man (or woman) on foot  with a red flag would save almost 1700 lives a year. It would also solve the impending unemployment disaster.

and not leaving ones house would also cut down many deaths...unless you slip coming out the shower and crack your nut...

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Wow! That woman should be locked up not the child. 

I know.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

A suicide cult would drive down Covid deaths. Who’s in?

Only if you go first.....:) :)  

Back to 2005
42 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

LG has announced a new battery-powered face mask, which the tech giant describes as a "wearable air purifier".

The device, called the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier, allows the person wearing it to breathe in clean air both inside and outside.

With a battery life of eight hours on a single charge, the design features two H13 HEPA filters - similar to those found in home air-purifying products. These filters can capture 99.97% of particles in the air.

I saw that. Does it guarantee it works? No didn't think so. One for the scared and the weirdos....

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Our hospitals and health service have seldom ever been so far from.being over-run. The Swedes and the Dutch have stuck with almost unanimous scientific advice for six months that masks may do more harm than good. There remains as far as I see no evidence that walking past someone in the open air has ever transferred Covid19.

And no-one on JKB is trying to dictate policy. Just expressing opinions. But a law prohibiting  mask-denial may not be far off given accelerating rates of hysteria.

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There’s money to be made from fear. 

Someone is definitely making a lot of money out of it while the rest of us suffer. 

There are so many mugs out there that actually believe the government have our best interests at heart and wouldn't lie to us......

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

And so it should 

Do you think we should ban smoking, driving, exercise, hill walking ?actually anything that involves a minuscule of risk? 

Back to 2005
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Yup some idiots can’t do as they are told 

The German's did as they were told in the 1930s. 

59 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Going to be walking about like Bane or a Stormtrooper soon.

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Our hospitals and health service have seldom ever been so far from.being over-run. The Swedes and the Dutch have stuck with almost unanimous scientific advice for six months that masks may do more harm than good. There remains as far as I see no evidence that walking past someone in the 😂😂open air has ever transferred Covid19.

And no-one on JKB is trying to dictate policy. Just expressing opinions. But a law prohibiting  mask-denial may not be far off given accelerating rates of hysteria.

You don't half exaggerate 😂

Anyway the face masks are just for confined spaces where distancing is not possible. At least that's what I've been using them for. 

Good to see Boris trying to shift some weight to help his health.

If a few more rotund types did the same we'd greatly reduce those at risk from this.

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I still can't see any reason that any Government is currently enforcing lockdown guidelines etc other than to protect people, no other explanation is plausible 

Remember the Iraq war?

Dodgy reports, in with both feet, then utter carnage, followed by a “how do we get ourselves out of this mess without looking like we behaved like feckin morons”

Its like that.

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I still can't see any reason that any Government is currently enforcing lockdown guidelines etc other than to protect people, no other explanation is plausible 

This but there will be some mindless idiots who say otherwise 

47 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Christ, I thought that was JIH responding to my post till I double checked.

Wouldn't have been surprised to find that it was tbh.

Jambo 4 Ever
43 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Do you think we should ban smoking, driving, exercise, hill walking ?actually anything that involves a minuscule of risk? 

None of those involve something that’s contagious 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

None of those involve something that’s contagious 

Passive smoking ?

Driving often kills people who are not doing anything wrong .

20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Remember the Iraq war?

Dodgy reports, in with both feet, then utter carnage, followed by a “how do we get ourselves out of this mess without looking like we behaved like feckin morons”

Its like that.

Exactly.  It's a nice idea that govts are acting in an altruistic manner but they're not. Sturgeon is standing up there day after day spouting the same old stuff, convincing herself that this is "going to go on for many months yet" because she sees the daily spotlight as an opportunity to further the prospect of independence. That is her main motivation in everything she does.  Hancock, in the UK govt, did not want images of overwhelmed NHS hospitals on his CV and acted with that in mind too. The 100k test target was a case in point. The figures were contrived to hit target on the specified date, before dropping back down again. 

Both govts have given conflicting messages and hidden behind "the (non existent) science" in order to justify their decision making on masks, tests, travel, quarantines etc, depending on the behaviours they wanted to enforce at the time. There was never, ever any scientific advice that suggested Cheltenham was safe to go ahead at the height of the pandemic. What part of assembling 250k people, from several countries, into crowded spaces and bars etc could possibly be described as being safe? Unfortunately,  money and the powerful betting lobby took priority on that one. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Your posts tend to be on the ridiculous side but this one is probably the worst. 

Francis Albert
57 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That is not what the data is showing, the deaths are still way above average in total numbers and for the period you are talking about were just below average, check the link

https://app.everviz.com/embed/EGpF6St_0/

Seems to confirm exactly  what I said ... since June excess deaths have been below the five year average. Excess deaths are deaths above historic average.

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Seems to confirm exactly  what I said ... since June excess deaths have been below the five year average. Excess deaths are deaths above historic average.

Government scientists are wrong all the time.

so are experts.

cholesterol good - cholesterol bad

some alcohol good - some alcohol bad

HRT good- HRT bad

mesh repairs and the list goes on

the key is realising when you are wrong and holding your hands up.

Covid has a mortality of less than 0.1% in UK at present of known cases, and will be even lower as the majority have no symptoms so are not tested.

So what the actual living **** are we doing ?

The Internet
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

:yas:

Godwin's law lives on. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

almost unanimous scientific advice for six months that masks may do more harm than good.

This is news to me

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic