Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Only for my entire adult life. Sure some will be taking the piss, but at the end of the day if the work isn't getting done it doesn't matter if you're in the office or not. It will be noticed and dealt with. It's a typical old school attitude to put quote marks round working from home, looking down on people as usual. 

Well said, it’s all about output.  If an employee is delivering what’s expected of them on time to the right quality who cares where they are sitting to do the work.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Except they said its important to realise its not a prediction it is a scenario they have put forward.

It’s also not just any scenario is their reasonable worst case scenario.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Back to 2005
8 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Are suicide rates up?

The figures won't come to light for a while but from what I've heard they are up 3 or 4 fold. Mainly men as always seems to be the way.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If you’re a real doctor you’ll be fine with your large salary.

A Tory warning us all about austerity, rising pension age and benefit cuts. :lol: 

doctor jambo
30 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Are suicide rates up?

Yes , as are deaths of drug addicts due to their services being largely closed . And these are young vulnerable people.

Cancer diagnoses are down 50% from expected - the patients are not coming in or investigation being delayed.

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes , as are deaths of drug addicts due to their services being largely closed . And these are young vulnerable people.

Cancer diagnoses are down 50% from expected - the patients are not coming in or investigation being delayed.

And until that sort of info becomes the main story, politicians will keep being politicians and focus on the headlines of Covid.

Unfortunately we don't have real leaders in charge, just self serving arseholes more interested in their own agendas

45 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You moan when they do come in as most are hypchondriacs. 😄

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Cases rising massively in France now. Looks like they may be going back into a national lockdown. 

20 deaths yesterday . Rise mainly attributed to young people tested positive . Absolutely no need to go into a full lockdown . Utter madness 

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Looks like they may be going back into a national lockdown. 

Macron would not rule out a national lockdown if infections spiraled out of control, however he said his government is trying to avoid it.

Despite the sharp rise in infections, hospital numbers and daily deaths were relatively stable

Back to 2005
13 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

How can you say that as there are no actual figures nor evidence available. Also current deaths are at normal levels, it was only increased during lockdown when all the COVID deaths were happening.

I would expect the public health crisis is more likely still to come as we see unemployed numbers rise dramatically and we see spending cut. 

My evidence is from a friend in the police. Only based on local experience of course.

doctor jambo
17 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

How can you say that as there are no actual figures nor evidence available. Also current deaths are at normal levels, it was only increased during lockdown when all the COVID deaths were happening.

I would expect the public health crisis is more likely still to come as we see unemployed numbers rise dramatically and we see spending cut. 

Dundee is now the drug death capital of Europe, all the gains they were making pre lockdown ( deaths  were falling ) have been lost and it’s rising again .

Largely due to loss of support services that are not seeing anyone in case they infect them , and partly because the methadone dispensing has been liberalised to keep them out the pharmacies so unstable users are coming off supervised dispensing .

Nucky Thompson

88 new positive cases in Scotland, majority in Glasgow area

no deaths again

3 more people than yesterday in hospital with 2 more people overnight in ICU

Meanwhile, Heathrow are trialing a new 20 second covid test to replace the need to quarantine 

Back to 2005
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

no deaths again

Meanwhile, Heathrow are trialing a new 20 second covid test to replace the need to quarantine 

20 seconds! That sounds reliable! A thermometer?!

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

no deaths again

I thought the symptoms take time to develop so can't be accurately tested if asymptomatic?

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I thought the symptoms take time to develop so can't be accurately tested if asymptomatic?

I think it's a compromise between the government and aviation industry that everyone coming in or out the country are Covid-free at that exact time.

It will also give people confidence that nobody infectious will be on their flight

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think it's a compromise between the government and aviation industry that everyone coming in or out the country are Covid-free at that exact time.

It will also give people confidence that nobody infectious will be on their flight

It seems more like a compromise for the airlines and package holiday firms to brush the pandemic under the carpet and get more business.

It has the makings of an absolute disaster.

Edited by frankblack

The test is a holographic microscope test pioneered for ebola which can produce results in as little as 20 seconds.

From the Independent. 

One self-administered test involves a “machine-learning holographic microscope” which, backers including Dell and Intel hope, can identify whether a person is carrying the disease and offer results in less than half a minute.

Two other experimental tests claim to give results in 10 and 30 minutes.

Heathrow bosses are examining the findings of the trials and will share the information with ministers in an attempt to persuade them to replace quarantine for “red list” country arrivals and increase passenger numbers again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-test-heathrow-airport-travel-trial-quarantine-countries-screen-a9694981.html

Edited by Boy Daniel

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It seems more like a compromise for the airlines and package holiday firms to brush the pandemic under the carpet and get more business.

It has the makings of an absolute disaster.

The aviation industry is on it's knees so something has to give.

Having an instant test to confirm Covid is good enough imo

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The aviation industry is on it's knees so something has to give.

Having an instant test to confirm Covid is good enough imo

Not if it isn't comprehensive.  If something has to give it has to be the avaition industry.

Edited by frankblack

42 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The test is a holographic microscope test pioneered for ebola which can produce results in as little as 20 seconds.

From the Independent. 

One self-administered test involves a “machine-learning holographic microscope” which, backers including Dell and Intel hope, can identify whether a person is carrying the disease and offer results in less than half a minute.

Two other experimental tests claim to give results in 10 and 30 minutes.

Heathrow bosses are examining the findings of the trials and will share the information with ministers in an attempt to persuade them to replace quarantine for “red list” country arrivals and increase passenger numbers again.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-test-heathrow-airport-travel-trial-quarantine-countries-screen-a9694981.html

Fantastic news if it works!  B) 

Nucky Thompson
40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Fantastic news if it works!  B) 

It will be effective for getting fans into stadiums. Instant test and a Covid-free stadium

edit. Maybe not at 30 notes a test

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Two main elements are required for the economy to begin to operate nearer to full capacity.

1.   The government relaxing restrictions,  allowing parts of the economy to trade and telling everyone that everything is safe.

2.   Public confidence.

If No2 is neglected,  it doesn't matter how normal you make the economy,  because insufficient numbers will spend their money.   I'm not sure the government understands how to balance the two.

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Two main elements are required for the economy to begin to operate nearer to full capacity.

1.   The government relaxing restrictions,  allowing parts of the economy to trade and telling everyone that everything is safe.

2.   Public confidence.

If No2 is neglected,  it doesn't matter how normal you make the economy,  because insufficient numbers will spend their money.   I'm not sure the government understands how to balance the two.

Totally, you can't scare the shit out of the public and then expect the same public to have the confidence to get back out and get on with things.

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

20 deaths yesterday . Rise mainly attributed to young people tested positive . Absolutely no need to go into a full lockdown . Utter madness 

What the Feck do you know. That's right, absolutely feck aw. 

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Totally, you can't scare the shit out of the public and then expect the same public to have the confidence to get back out and get on with things.

I think it's more to do with credibility,  competence,  trust.

When the government really,  really needs to be believed and really needs to appear as if it has things organised and working well... all the previous reputation for bare faced lies and incompetence start to become somewhat inconvenient.

This is a government desperately trying to flog their most valuable asset on ebay,  but the 68% feedback and recent irate customer comments aren't helping.

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think it's more to do with credibility,  competence,  trust.

When the government really,  really needs to be believed and really needs to appear as if it has things organised and working well... all the previous reputation for bare faced lies and incompetence start to become somewhat inconvenient.

This is a government desperately trying to flog their most valuable asset on ebay,  but the 68% feedback and recent irate customer comments aren't helping.

There was me thinking you were a Nicola fan as well

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol:

Back to 2005
32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You seem a bit angry. You keen for another lockdown?

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We dont call him rhombicosidodecahedron for nothing you know.

Edited by Bull's-eye

56 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Angry. Just sick of hypocrites talking shite.  As for another lockdown. Unlike you and the rest of the uptight groovy gang. I'll cope, easily! 

Personally, I'd put you and yer mates in a care home if there's another lockdown. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Angry. Just sick of hypocrites talking shite.  As for another lockdown. Unlike you and the rest of the uptight groovy gang. I'll cope, easily! 

Personally, I'd put you and yer mates in a care home if there's another lockdown. 

😅😅 I shouldn't but that did make me giggle!

Nucky Thompson
Just now, ri Alban said:

As for another lockdown. Unlike you and the rest of the uptight groovy gang. I'll cope, easily! 

You're no even coping now going by the shite you post :lol:

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're no even coping now going by the shite you post :lol:

👍 I work every day. And no pandemic stopped me from doing so, either. You!? 

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:pleasing:

17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅😅 I shouldn't but that did make me giggle!

Me too, Dawn.  👍

Back to 2005
35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hypocrites? In what way? Still waiting for one of your mates to tell me why you are happy to sacrifice cancer patients ? 

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍 I work every day. And no pandemic stopped me from doing so, either. You!? 

It didn't stop me either. The only thing that stops me is the shit weather, one of the only things that governments can't control

maroondevo52

We've been doing a roaring trade in delivering and collecting Covid Testing Kits, it's costing someone plenty.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

JSVndc0S6Jk1Biua0jzx8GygzXtOPtseL8jZWVNv

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:greatpost:

39 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

JSVndc0S6Jk1Biua0jzx8GygzXtOPtseL8jZWVNv

Not sure your brand of sarcasm is welcome on this thread tbh.

I find it quite abhorrent. 

4 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

We've been doing a roaring trade in delivering and collecting Covid Testing Kits, it's costing someone plenty.

Don't worry us the tax payer will be paying for all of it in the goodness of time.**** all free.

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I know as much as you know 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Oh he’s in a permanent state of anger ! Must have very high blood pressure ! Sad really 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not sure your brand of sarcasm is welcome on this thread tbh.

I find it quite abhorrent. 

preview.jpg

Soz.

A Spitfire with the NHS logo on it will be flying over 24 hospitals today.

I'm sure the NHS workers who were recently denied a pay rise by the braying donkeys in Parliament shall be ever so grateful and stand in nationalistic pride and awe, perhaps as a single tear rolls down their cheek.

:tlj:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic