Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair dos jim. 
I wasn’t against the precautionary measures and I observed them all but it’s feeling a bit much now. 

I can fully understand why people are getting fed up now, christ I'd love nothing more than to get back to 'normal' myself, but I also know that whilst people are still dying from this, then some measures will have to remain in some form or another, I don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

Out of curiosity what were the ages of those 5 or 6 folks you know who had covid-19?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWO FACED TORIES...it truly is that simple.

The rush to support a man who  may well have passed it on to the 'great leader/blond buffoon' depending on your view is well underway

What the politicians forget that when you raise points about others you cannot then defend your own friends when they do the same or worse

The other thing they should remember is the initial rush to support most of the time ends in failure.....it has already happened time and time again in the last 2/3 months and will so again.

When Boris realises the support is not overwhelming and he can't defend him without serious harm to himself we'll get the resignation and apology

Had he not been Boris's chief adv he would have gone already...any stops on his journey ?

Edited by CJGJ

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Thats really tragic man I’m sorry to hear that. 

It is mate, but everyone's frustration is understandable to be fair.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He really must go, to save what little credibility this pathetic government has left. 

People will now be doing what they wish, thanks to this arrogant prick.

Just a matter of time, IMO. At least Johnson has another weekend off.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I know a couple of people who have died recently too. People die all the time. Tragically and through illness. I don’t feel like I have to explain myself to anyone about it though. 

I’m not disputing that I was disputing people saying they’re prepared to live like this until there’s a vaccine. Assuming we ever even get one. That’s absolutely nuts imo for something that is making most people mildly ill. 

Bang on mate. 

There was a guy on this earlier ( cant recall who) who asked if it was ok when he visits his parents next week to use their loo ? We have got to the stage when adults have become so controlled ( fear tactics) to even have to ask this question.  Worrying.  I am in a risk group but now feeling more relaxed and using my common sense based on scientific advice to stay  safe.  Unfortunately some people have now become so anxious they cant even do that.

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

AlimOzturk
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, my mrs' uncle's brother died, and his wife never found out, she was in a coma and passed before waking.

That's horrible mate and I wish you and your family well. 

Unknown user
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

That's horrible mate and I wish you and your family well. 

Cheers buddy, tbh we don't know them well, extended family type of thing, but pretty awful all the same. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I can fully understand why people are getting fed up now, christ I'd love nothing more than to get back to 'normal' myself, but I also know that whilst people are still dying from this, then some measures will have to remain in some form or another, I don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

Out of curiosity what were the ages of those 5 or 6 folks you know who had covid-19?

My niece who works at the royal got it first as she was literally dealing with the covid patients as they came in. She’s 22 so her her boyfriend (23) another two friends of hers who are same age and her mum and partner who are early 50’s.
All very mild symptoms. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There was a guy on this earlier ( cant recall who) who asked if it was ok when he visits his parents next week to use their loo ? We have got to the stage when adults have become so controlled ( fear tactics) to even have to ask this question.  Worrying.  I am in a risk group but now feeling more relaxed and using my common sense based on scientific advice to safe safe.  Unfortunately some people have now become so anxious they cant even do that.

The fear has been one of the things that has freaked me out a bit I’ll be honest. People terrified to come anywhere near you and people’s acceptance of this “new normal”

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

cummingsandgoings.jpg

He's a horrible ******* but I really think he's stuck to Boris like dog shite and he won't go. The guy is involved in the nasty side of a govt. and isn't even a party member, let alone elected. I can't fathom it.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The fear has been one of the things that has freaked me out a bit I’ll be honest. People terrified to come anywhere near you and people’s acceptance of this “new normal”

Yeah i know what you mean. Not to minimise any deaths but i take comfort in the statistical facts about the virus and the very low mortality rate, but the mass media never concentrate on this at daily briefings. Wouldn't it be great if they started those meetings with " Out of a population of nearly 70 million, 2000 people tested positive for Covid 19.." instead they use the fear factor as it sells papers and  clickbait  articles  concerning deaths of children from it , deaths of " fit" people  from it etc skewer the overwhelming reality of the stats.  

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Smithee said:

cummingsandgoings.jpg

To be fair Calderwood went on a jolly with her family to walk her dogs on the beach. She also lied and said she was checking her holiday home when in fact she had also been there the week before

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i know what you mean. Not to minimise any deaths but i take comfort in the statistical facts about the virus and the very low mortality rate, but the mass media never concentrate on this at daily briefings. Wouldn't it be great if they started those meetings with " Out of a population of nearly 70 million, 2000 people tested positive for Covid 19.." instead they use the fear factor as it sells papers and  clickbait  articles  concerning deaths of children from it , deaths of " fit" people  from it etc skewer the overwhelming reality of the stats.  

Exactly im not minimising any death either but it just feels way over the top now. 
Guess im really feeling some frustration today. 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

My niece who works at the royal got it first as she was literally dealing with the covid patients as they came in. She’s 22 so her her boyfriend (23) another two friends of hers who are same age and her mum and partner who are early 50’s.
All very mild symptoms. 

Whilst other people have severe symptoms and can die.

It's pretty much the same with any disease or illness, some people can be affected worse than others, some will have a mild illness whilst others will die from the same illness/disease.

The Mighty Thor
55 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Instead of fronting up at the press conference and answering the awkward questions, Johnson sends out Michael Green/Grant Shapps to take the humiliation of defending the indefensible.

:facepalm:

They're in full dodge and deflect mode. 

Full media spin operation ongoing.  

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To be fair Calderwood went on a jolly with her family to walk her dogs on the beach. She also lied and said she was checking her holiday home when in fact she had also been there the week before

To be fair no one was allowed to drive 260 miles to another city when displaying symptoms and meant to be self isolating.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly im not minimising any death either but it just feels way over the top now. 
Guess im really feeling some frustration today. 

Yeah me too. I think we all have fatigue around it and questioning more and more.  As ive said the long term impact on mental and physical health is going to be maybe even more damaging in the long run.I agree with easing the lockdown as and when the stats say it is more safer.  It is getting to that stage i hope in the next few weeks.  

There will always young and healthy people who prove to be an anomaly to the statistics and the media hoover up those stories because they sell papers. 

I don't know what to think really anymore. Given the option to go back to my office on Tuesday and start again I think I'd do it.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

He's a horrible ******* but I really think he's stuck to Boris like dog shite and he won't go. The guy is involved in the nasty side of a govt. and isn't even a party member, let alone elected. I can't fathom it.

Malcolm Tucker

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There will always young and healthy people who prove to be an anomaly to the statistics and the media hoover up those stories because they sell papers. 

I don't know what to think really anymore. Given the option to go back to my office on Tuesday and start again I think I'd do it.

Very true.  I would love to go back physically to work but that wont happen for some time now it feel. 

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Good of Laura to go around Twitter doing the Government press team's work for them.

She is just a pr shrill for the tories these days.

48 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's certainly taken some of the pressure off the NHS for a bit, but it'll probably get to most of us eventually.

I think you should be outraged on their behalf.

I'd call it empathy rather than outrage but either way, given you said further up the thread you wouldn't give it second thought if 5 government ministers didn't wake up tomorrow, it would appear empathy/outrage at human suffering isn't your strong suit.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I'd call it empathy rather than outrage but either way, given you said further up the thread you wouldn't give it second thought if 5 government ministers didn't wake up tomorrow, it would appear empathy/outrage at human suffering isn't your strong suit.

Correct.

20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

To be fair no one was allowed to drive 260 miles to another city when displaying symptoms and meant to be self isolating.

But he wasn't snp so that's ok

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If I'm being honest, I hope he does get sacked and ends up flipping burgers in McDonalds.

I can't be ersed with those high and mighty types who think they are better than Joe public and the rules don't apply to them, but it is amusing me how worked up everyone is getting over it

Psychedelicropcircle
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true.  I would love to go back physically to work but that wont happen for some time now it feel. 

I’m back it’s brutal getting to Friday & no weekend dividend to enjoy. 😤

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’m back it’s brutal getting to Friday & no weekend dividend to enjoy. 😤

Yeah i never thought about that ,

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Its ok it will just be a dream

Those of a certain age will get that reference lol....

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Its ok it will just be a dream

Patrick Duffy and Bobby Ewing :D

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Boof said:

Have I missed something?

This happened on 5th April...didn't it?

How's it only hitting the news now?

Think it was a joint Guardian/ Mirror investigation but you're right, how did it not break before now.?

Weakened Offender
46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You've become a parody of yourself. It's hilarious. 😁😁😁

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Isn’t it w sad day when grown adults are asking a Govt if they can piss in their families house when they visit ???? Incredible how people have become infantilised during this pandemic ! Yes you can use others loos , just take precautions . I would also add once I’ve has did a piss or whatever after flushing the bog pour bleach down it and close the lid . The virus has Been found in urine/ shit 

I agree. 30 years ago, the country would have reacted in a completely different way. We seem to have become obsessed with everything being safe...100% safe. Life is one long controlled risk. We won't be socially distancing until a vaccine is found. You can't eliminate all risk whether it is in school, travelling to work,  getting on a plane or going on a night out. Risk is inherent in everything we do. There won't be a new normal, it will be a return to the old normal. For people of any age, simply existing is not the same as living

Carl Fredrickson

On a brighter note my local ice cream van has visited our street for the first time since lockdown started. I might be the baddest dad as my kids sat at the window watching it and me telling them that they werent getting one. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

**** my memory doesn't serve me well.😔

one of my fave

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree. 30 years ago, the country would have reacted in a completely different way. We seem to have become obsessed with everything being safe...100% safe. Life is one long controlled risk. We won't be socially distancing until a vaccine is found. You can't eliminate all risk whether it is in school, travelling to work,  getting on a plane or going on a night out. Risk is inherent in everything we do. There won't be a new normal, it will be a return to the old normal. For people of any age, simply existing is not the same as living

Agreed. People take informed risks with smoking. eating crap, drinking etc.  We are adults and we can make informed choices. 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Only 36675 have died In the UK. MASSIVE overreaction.

Well would you rather hospitals were gradually getting swamped to the point that when you're out and about and have a serious accident, the treatment you receive/chances of survival will be determined by how busy the hospital is with dealing with CV19 patients? 🤷‍♂️

I wonder what the death toll would've been like had lockdown not happened.

Do The Dance
37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If I'm being honest, I hope he does get sacked and ends up flipping burgers in McDonalds.

I can't be ersed with those high and mighty types who think they are better than Joe public and the rules don't apply to them, but it is amusing me how worked up everyone is getting over it

I actually am a wee bit worked up over this, not mental like, but more than I usually am. The Tory excuses and defence is pissing me off more than anything.

Chat now about London being allowed to come out of lockdown ahead of anywhere else in the UK

Remember now we're all in this together folks

One thing that needs to be taken into account is the care home figures...they of course have to be counted but when it comes to lockdown they should not be part of the decision as they are, can and should be self isolated units who would not impact on the 'outside world'

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Well would you rather hospitals were gradually getting swamped to the point that when you're out and about and have a serious accident, the treatment you receive/chances of survival will be determined by how busy the hospital is with dealing with CV19 patients? 🤷‍♂️

I was kidding. Im in favour of the lockdown. 36.6k is not an insignificant number. If anything, it’s an under reaction from the government. 

What is an overreaction is the folk moaning about staying indoors for a few weeks. 

(I work in aforementioned hospitals.)

Just now, gjcc said:

I was kidding. Im in favour of the lockdown. 36.6k is not an insignificant number. If anything, it’s an under reaction from the government. 

What is an overreaction is the folk moaning about staying indoors for a few weeks. 

(I work in aforementioned hospitals.)

Doh, sorry

38 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

**** my memory doesn't serve me well.😔

Though never had you as a Dallas fan, bet you loved Cliff Barnes 😂

Cliff Barnes was a tosser. Ray Krebbs, now he was a good guy. 👍

William H. Bonney
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do what you want, as long as you don't interfere on others lives. As you may find the bagpipes sound different stuck up yer arse.

Doubt you would be able to tell the difference. A ****ing awful musical instrument. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Cliff Barnes was a tosser. Ray Krebbs, now he was a good guy. 👍

The following question often comes up at pub quizes...." who actually shot JR?

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Shapps drew the short straw there. 

Meanwhile the Buffoon is in hiding again. 

He only shows up for PMQs then is off again for rest of the week.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The following question often comes up at pub quizes...." who actually shot JR?

Kristin, everybody surely knows that.

37 minutes ago, kila said:

👍

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I don't care where you work, you can ram that patronising attitude up your farter. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic