Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, kila said:

I wonder what the death toll would've been like had lockdown not happened.

When the dust finally settles, probably much the same, give or take.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

When the dust finally settles, probably much the same, give or take.

What's the excess death toll outside of the care home setting? It's so hard to compare figures...well it is more me at least, I'm not great at that sort of thing.

Psychedelicropcircle

The gov knew the line would be towed for so long & the getting the heads down & back up was never going to last the needed time. They tried to work with the curve it’s cost lives no doubt. Can you imagine the damage had it kicked off here ! I’m spewing every weekend & have a if I’m allowed to go out & work I should be allowed out to play attitude! Keep having to think a few have no summers left to complain! Guilt>**** it> repeat😤

More like over 60,000 dead. An absolutely travesty.

Imagine being so heartless and lacking in empathy that you consider a full-Murrayfield stadium's worth of people being wiped out in just a few months as being just an "over-reaction".

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

BOOM if correct

All the Tories lining up to cover for him will be squirming now

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

BOOM if correct

All the Tories lining up to cover for him will be squirming now

It does take a few paragraphs to get to the point which leaves me a tad suspicious compared to a BOOM Cummings did this straight up.

Cummings spotted in two other towns around Durham on different days, out and about with the family as if nothing was going on, merrily spreading his killer virus around in the community.

:getout:

Shanks said no

Devastating new claims have emerged that Dominic Cummings further breached the lockdown rules, as Downing Street came under sustained pressure to fire the prime minister’s most senior adviser.

The new testimony suggests Cummings left the home where he was staying in Durham to visit a town 30 miles away. He was allegedly spotted back in Durham on 19 April, days after he was photographed in London having recovered from the virus.

At the time, with the country at the peak of the pandemic, the government was insisting that people should be staying at home.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

That's the sting, they papers new this all along, now as well as him they have nailed half the cabinet as well.

Should have flung him under the bus today

Same with Calderwood, report one and see if she is willing to confess to others.

She did.

Cummings didn't.

So compared to her, Cummings is indeed a x times bigger a-hole.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Devastating new claims have emerged that Dominic Cummings further breached the lockdown rules, as Downing Street came under sustained pressure to fire the prime minister’s most senior adviser.

The new testimony suggests Cummings left the home where he was staying in Durham to visit a town 30 miles away. He was allegedly spotted back in Durham on 19 April, days after he was photographed in London having recovered from the virus.

At the time, with the country at the peak of the pandemic, the government was insisting that people should be staying at home.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The guy seems like a complete tosser, making rules he expects everyone else to obey while disregarding them himself.  I am not a Labour man, but Starmer should have a field day at Westminster interrogating the rats over this.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think people are moaning about staying indoors for a ‘few weeks’. It will be 10 weeks, for start.

People are concerned the fact we have trashed the economy. Which has massive consequences and that includes human life’s. 

Whilst the social aspect of staying indoors is massive thing like people using or being unable to seek medical treatment due to fear, domestic abuse and even simple things like people seeing their family. Whilst pretty much having everyone of our individual freedoms removed,

Let’s not pretend this lockdown isn’t without consequences. It has massive consequences, some, myself included, would argue they are more now doing more damage than good with this.

I struggle with the justification and approach of lockdown now. I understand why it was introduced why and need for gradual release. However, every day we continue with this approach we are doing more damage than good. We are using a sledge hammer to crack a nut and more targeted policies around care home etc will be much more effective than trashing the economy whilst putting everyone under house arrest lite.

Totally agree. I think most people who want everyone locked down are retired people and people who are shielding.

I should be worried because a third of people dying are diabetics and I'm type1 diabetic.

I'm still working though 

There are loads of diseases that can kill you and what's for you want go past you.

I know it comes over as a blasé attitude and I wouldn't get any sympathy if I got it, but you have to let people live their lives

48 minutes ago, kila said:

Well would you rather hospitals were gradually getting swamped to the point that when you're out and about and have a serious accident, the treatment you receive/chances of survival will be determined by how busy the hospital is with dealing with CV19 patients? 🤷‍♂️

I wonder what the death toll would've been like had lockdown not happened.

The care home numbers probably the same. The vulnerable that still manage perfectly well in their own homes might have taken a hit. The later have managed their wee bubbles magnificently, so has their family, friends and neighbours running their errands, what an encouraging team effort...:clap: 

Was he tested ?

Love this part of the statement from the government..'owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus'..how can you be infected with 'suspected' coronavirus..you are or you are not infected.

It makes me suspect that is just a fake story to cover the fact he left his house then drove north then claims he caught the virus and his wife states was bed ridden for 10 days..that serious and he should have been in hospital not at home

Oh and he claims no police involvement but Durham Police confirm the house was visited..it stinks

The experts have clearly been told to try and back him

The deputy chief medical officer for England, Jenny Harries, said: "All of the guidance has a common sense element to it, which includes safeguarding around adults or children."

And she added that travelling despite lockdown measures could be justified if there was an "extreme risk to life".

So there has to be an 'extreme risk to life' to justify the travel and he felt rather than go to hospital to address the 'extreme risk to life' he's be better off driving north..total hogwash

56 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thats why I thought ri Alban might be a fan🤷🏻‍♂️

He was the rancher wasn’t he who was he married to? I could google but this feels more fun👍

Not sure who he married but he was shagging the poison dwarf at one point and then it turned out she was his niece.

Why all the Cummings stuff now though? Guardian could've reported weeks ago, other outlets suddenly changing their tone now too. What else is about to happen that they want to try bury?

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Was he tested ?

Love this part of the statement from the government..'owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus'..how can you be infected with 'suspected' coronavirus..you are or you are not infected.

You can have an infection, that they suspect is coronavirus. Similar to the suspected cases on the mortality figures I guess

It makes me suspect that is just a fake story to cover the fact he left his house then drove north then claims he caught the virus and his wife states was bed ridden for 10 days..that serious and he should have been in hospital not at home

Oh and he claims no police involvement but Durham Police confirm the house was visited..it stinks

If the police visited his house but never spoke to him he may believe there was no police involvement yet they would know they had attempted to initiate some.

The experts have clearly been told to try and back him

The deputy chief medical officer for England, Jenny Harries, said: "All of the guidance has a common sense element to it, which includes safeguarding around adults or children."

And she added that travelling despite lockdown measures could be justified if there was an "extreme risk to life".

So there has to be an 'extreme risk to life' to justify the travel and he felt rather than go to hospital to address the 'extreme risk to life' he's be better off driving north..total hogwash

Certainly not making excuses for him, he should be gone but I'm not sure the points I've addressed above are necessarily things to pick up on it about...there's enough there as it is 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Why all the Cummings stuff now though? Guardian could've reported weeks ago, other outlets suddenly changing their tone now too. What else is about to happen that they want to try bury?

And unfortunately this is all a game.

But who is playing who just now?

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Leaks simple as that.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Was he tested ?

Imagine the outcry if he was :rofl:

People were even questioning why Boris was entitled to a test

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I'd call it empathy rather than outrage but either way, given you said further up the thread you wouldn't give it second thought if 5 government ministers didn't wake up tomorrow, it would appear empathy/outrage at human suffering isn't your strong suit.

They wouldn’t bat an eyelid if anyone of us died, look at the way they’ve handled this situation and blamed everyone else. We are all expendable and should get back to work as the rich are losing money, in their eyes.

Just now, fancy a brew said:

:wavey:               

:wave1: 

:byebye:

:jj:

I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag, condemn violence but once this is all over I'd 'kevin keegan' it if someone unsocially distanced their forehead from the bridge of Cummings nose.  

They'll sweep this under the carpet like they did with Robert Jenrick.

A story about Starmer will come out next week probably ha

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You can have an infection, that they suspect is coronavirus. Similar to the suspected cases on the mortality figures I guess

If the police visited his house but never spoke to him he may believe there was no police involvement yet they would know they had attempted to initiate some.

Certainly not making excuses for him, he should be gone but I'm not sure the points I've addressed above are necessarily things to pick up on it about...there's enough there as it is 

you truly are joking..that's the only thing I can think of in your reply Boris

so we will deal with them one by one

So you prefer to tell us some nonsense about you can have a virus (but not perhaps the virus) when as I explained you do or you don't so answer it rather than dodge it as you have done

He was in a position where he could have been tested (and his family I would think) but oh no off he goes north possibly infecting who knows who on his way..no answers from him when asked if he had stopped on the way or went to the shops prior to arrival in the Durham house

Next he denies police spoke to him or his family.. he knew and is simply lying or you believe there is a chance the family did not tell him  they had called....hardly credible given his role. 

Then you refuse to reply as to whether this was a 'risk to life'..a bit like him, Boris and co refusing to give a straight answer to a question

You know he has to go and yet you can't pluck up the courage to say it because you have to defend your friends no matter the cost to others

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They wouldn’t bat an eyelid if anyone of us died, look at the way they’ve handled this situation and blamed everyone else. We are all expendable and should get back to work as the rich are losing money, in their eyes.

I agree, their 10 day pursuit of herd immunity was the epitome of that.

Malinga the Swinga

If he was any sort of a man, he would resign and save those he works with from having to defend the indefensible before eventually sacking him.

He won't though, because he is a weirdo and because he just loves having power.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I agree, their 10 day pursuit of herd immunity was the epitome of that.

I saw it mentioned that you can be minutes late for an interview to get Universal Credit and be sanctioned, yet they can break their own rules with impunity, we can’t. There are many examples of this and their uncaring attitude, plus their view that they are above the law. 
I do hope their day in court to answer for their conduct in this situation will come, but I won’t hold my expendable breath. 

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I saw it mentioned that you can be minutes late for an interview to get Universal Credit and be sanctioned, yet they can break their own rules with impunity, we can’t. There are many examples of this and their uncaring attitude, plus their view that they are above the law. 
I do hope their day in court to answer for their conduct in this situation will come, but I won’t hold my expendable breath. 

I can't comment on Universal Credit because I've never applied for it, but the penalties seem harsh and are open to jobsworth government workers having power trips

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can't comment on Universal Credit because I've never applied for it, but the penalties seem harsh and are open to jobsworth government workers having power trips

I haven’t either but it seems the jobsworths are given incentives by the government to act in this way, the next thing was that they were getting paid off to save even more money, sympathy was in short supply.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I haven’t either but it seems the jobsworths are given incentives by the government to act in this way, the next thing was that they were getting paid off to save even more money, sympathy was in short supply.

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was a guy on R. Scotland phone in asking for advice.

Member of family, showing symptons, dad and son went for drive in tests and waiting on results.  Son was still going to work as on probation and put under pressure by employers.

His employers were the DWP.

Probably an embellishment to an extent but a govt agency.... 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

There was a guy on R. Scotland phone in asking for advice.

Member of family, showing symptons, dad and son went for drive in tests and waiting on results.  Son was still going to work as on probation and put under pressure by employers.

His employers were the DWP.

Probably an embellishment to an extent but a govt agency.... 

An all too common story it seems.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Government just going with calling it fake news. 

EYuqDyDWkAAYfxP?format=jpg&name=medium

Out of the Trump manual.

The Internet

I can't normally be arsed with all this 'omg they broke lockdown how terrible they must be sacked etc' stuff but it was fun watching all the snakes slither out to defend this guy and then have that second report drop. Useless shower of shit. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I can't normally be arsed with all this 'omg they broke lockdown how terrible they must be sacked etc' stuff but it was fun watching all the snakes slither out to defend this guy and then have that second report drop. Useless shower of shit. 

He has obviously broke the rules, excuse or not. He comes over as an odious prick. 

annushorribilis III
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Andrew Marr will be a fun watch tomorrow morning.

Not a sentence that's usually said.

Sophie Ridge (Sky) - has Grant Shapps on tomorrow and she has tweeted all the questions they'll be asking about Dom - so he's prepared likes. 

What a disgrace this UK Government is. Clinging on to someone who should be disposable. Shows the weakness that exists right at the heart of this Government. Pathetic but predictable. What an absolute laughing stock the UK has become.

57 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Government just going with calling it fake news. 

EYuqDyDWkAAYfxP?format=jpg&name=medium

Is that written on the iPhone notes app?

Wonder if that’s the journalist passing it on or just how the British government do press releases now 😂

Edited by Squirt

8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sophie Ridge (Sky) - has Grant Shapps on tomorrow and she has tweeted all the questions they'll be asking about Dom - so he's prepared likes. 

He's the smuggest of them all. Detest the guy

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic