Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

i have a feeling boris will announce cummings has gone at the start of the briefing.

with this story happening weeks ago and only being leaked now i wonder if boris has wanted to get rid of him or someone else trying a power grab to get rid of bojo?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Briefing delayed.   Boris is doing it.

:jjyay:

Hopefully announcing that smarmy git's departure!

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Briefing delayed.   Boris is doing it.

:jjyay:

Genuinely surprised Boris is doing it. Apparently housing minister was scheduled in.

Edited by jambogaza

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Realzaragoza said:

The seethe from the Guardian etc ,  that useless blowhard  Blackford , and the BBC is more to do with getting rid of Cummings because he was one of the major forces in getting Brexit done rather than breaking lockdown rules.

And of course the sin of helping the Tories to get elected by attracting votes from traditional labour voters while the blessed Jeremy alienated them. The one small saving grace for Cummings idiotic and selfish behaviour is that unlike others who broke the rules he didn't actually favour lockdown.

Sooperstar

BBC News guy still suggesting they don't think Cummings is getting sacked or resigning.

Boris was 25/1 to take the briefing today by the way.

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

BBC News guy still suggesting they don't think Cummings is getting sacked or resigning.

Boris was 25/1 to take the briefing today by the way.

Sky saying the same. The pressure will ramp up though, this won't go away.

dobmisterdobster
Just now, graygo said:

Sky saying the same. The pressure will ramp up though, this won't go away.

It will. People will move on.

Nobody outside the media class will give a toss.

The Internet
46 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Any sign of the SG criticizing the celtic fans for congregating outside darkheid last Monday watched by the police yet  ?

Nobody cares, let it go. 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

They do though. Normal people are very angry about this.

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

If the media don't let it go then it is not going away.

Looking back it is a bit crazy we have locked down every single person no matter if they are fit or in the vulnerable category.

Someone in their 30s has a less than 0.1% chance of dieing if they catch this virus, now that percentage includes people in their 30s that suffer from severe asthma and other conditions that make them vulnerable.  What chance is there of a fit person in their 30s dieing from this virus? 0.01%? 

It may have made more sense to do a complete lockdown on the really elderly and the people that had a decent chance of dieing from this virus and left the fit and healthy to get on with it.  Instead of the half hearted lockdown we have right across the board that has left people vulnerable.

Of course this is all in hindsight. 

If Johnson was going to sack him he wouldn't have interrupted his day off. He'll want to avoid Cummings being outside the tent pissing in, as he'll know enough about Johnson to bring him down if he wants. The most difficult question will be, did you know Cummings had broken the lockdown rules? The press conference will consist of 40 minutes of Johnson saying-

source.gif

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

If the media don't let it go then it is not going away.

They media kept trying to bring back the EU ventilator story but gave up because the public just didn't care anymore.

The media has to maintain relevance and ratings.

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Looking back it is a bit crazy we have locked down every single person no matter if they are fit or in the vulnerable category.

Someone in their 30s has a less than 0.1% chance of dieing if they catch this virus, now that percentage includes people in their 30s that suffer from severe asthma and other conditions that make them vulnerable.  What chance is there of a fit person in their 30s dieing from this virus? 0.01%? 

It may have made more sense to do a complete lockdown on the really elderly and the people that had a decent chance of dieing from this virus and left the fit and healthy to get on with it.  Instead of the half hearted lockdown we have right across the board that has left people vulnerable.

Of course this is all in hindsight. 

They could have done that if they'd started very early, unfortunately they opted for a herd immunity strategy, before realising that hundreds of thousands dead pensioners doesn't play well electorally.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

They media kept trying to bring back the EU ventilator story but gave up because the public just didn't care anymore.

I think the fact that overenthusistic use of intensive ventilation was killing people was also a factor in the great ventilator shortage scandal disappearing from the media. Any criticism of the NHS was off limits.

18 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

True but there are plenty occasions where the media have driven an agenda as well.

The Mighty Thor

The BBC & ITV guys meant to be asking the questions today will have been hastily replaced by Kuenssberg & Peston who will have been briefed about how to get this all back on message.  

Fxxx the SPFL

Hopefully Covid related, just on my afternoon walk from my posh palace in leafy Trinity down to Newhaven and lo and behold a guy standing with his partner next to the Chain Pier he was drinking a pint and she had a glass of wine i asked them from my two meters away what the score was and they said that the Chain Pier was open and doing take away cans of beer and wine also fish chips and burgers. If i didn't have such a weak bladder i would have stopped for a pint. Spoke to member of staff who said they were open Wednesday through till Sunday great views over to fife. i will be down on Wednesday weather permitting after working from home early finish i think i can always nip down the sea front for a quick slash. :toasting:

The Mighty Thor

Beth Rigby -Sky reckons he's going nowhere. They're going to blag it out.

No shock there. 

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully Covid related, just on my afternoon walk from my posh palace in leafy Trinity down to Newhaven and lo and behold a guy standing with his partner next to the Chain Pier he was drinking a pint and she had a glass of wine i asked them from my two meters away what the score was and they said that the Chain Pier was open and doing take away cans of beer and wine also fish chips and burgers. If i didn't have such a weak bladder i would have stopped for a pint. Spoke to member of staff who said they were open Wednesday through till Sunday great views over to fife. i will be down on Wednesday weather permitting after working from home early finish i think i can always nip down the sea front for a quick slash. :toasting:

Thursday earliest this is allowed, if agreed.

Green Goddesses should be out hosing these folk to keep them moving along.

;)

The Mighty Thor

'The right kind of childcare, no alternative' 

There it is right there folks.

**** you as you've all just been sitting at home for 8 weeks getting mugged off. 

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cummings stays

The only reason that he can be staying is that he has so much on the lot of them that he would bury them.Only way of getting rid of Dom is getting rid of this goverment.

joondalupjambo

There's only one Dom Cummings, one Dom Cummings.  See you lot of plebs GIRUY.  And here ends today's briefing.

Edited by joondalupjambo

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

60 new positive cases and 6 new deaths in Scotland. They always try and put a dampener on it by saying it's only low because it's the weekend.

Are we not allowed to have any good news anymore?

Before someone points out, I know it's not good news for the families of the deceased but encouraging signs that it's going in the right direction 

Agree. I'm no head in the sand type of person but the figures are going down which is positive but you wouldn't know that with the media reporting of it.  

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

'The right kind of childcare, no alternative' 

There it is right there folks.

**** you as you've all just been sitting at home for 8 weeks getting mugged off. 

And the follow up question should have asked what about the 2nd time

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

If Johnson was going to sack him he wouldn't have interrupted his day off. He'll want to avoid Cummings being outside the tent pissing in, as he'll know enough about Johnson to bring him down if he wants. The most difficult question will be, did you know Cummings had broken the lockdown rules? The press conference will consist of 40 minutes of Johnson saying-

source.gif

Day on more like, this is the FIFTH briefing he’s done in 70 odd days?

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Well, not quite .... but I get what you mean.    Despite being unelected and a complete oddball, he apparently is wielding a ridiculously large amount of influence at No. 10.    Which is probably down to Boris simply not being up to the job, and needing someone to do all the thinking and planning. Cummings is shrewd enough to see that he's on to a good thing there.    Boris needs him too much & probably won't sack him, despite a fair few other senior conservative MPs (even Brexiteers) having quite a dislike of the guy.

Considering the way he dresses to go to work at the heart of the UK government,  he's clearly non-conformist and will not  see himself as being part of the establishment.   It's a clever trick, being able to become indispensible and earn a fortune while hiding from any responsibility for anything.   😠

Yeah hes a modern day Rasputin...sans the robes and big beard.... :) 

Walter Bishop
21 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Great stuff.

It was in reply to a comment that there is no vaccine available for viruses. 

Edited by Walter Bishop

7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

There's only one Dom Cummings, one Dom Cummings.  See you lot of plebs GIRUY.  And here ends today's briefing.

I've always supported people doing what they want.

Except during public health emergencies. 

19 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I feel ye with the pints and pish carry on.

I love a few cans and casting off from the lighthouse like you say stunning views.

Enjoy .

Edited by jake

Sooperstar
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The BBC & ITV guys meant to be asking the questions today will have been hastily replaced by Kuenssberg & Peston who will have been briefed about how to get this all back on message.  

Peston has already come out and said he cannot see how what Cummings done was within the new legislation brought in at the start of lockdown.

I'm at the stage now where I think we are getting close to having to admit that this thing is burning itself out quicker than the models suggested. 

"Protect the NHS" ICU beds are at less than 20% capacity.

You have a 0.25% chance of catching the virus and even if you do, the vast majority show minor symptoms.

Someone earlier used the hammer to crack a nut analogy and it's looking that way now.

I've been fully behind the lockdown but I'm starting to lose faith in it.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, graygo said:

I'm at the stage now where I think we are getting close to having to admit that this thing is burning itself out quicker than the models suggested. 

"Protect the NHS" ICU beds are at less than 20% capacity.

You have a 0.25% chance of catching the virus and even if you do, the vast majority show minor symptoms.

Someone earlier used the hammer to crack a nut analogy and it's looking that way now.

I've been fully behind the lockdown but I'm starting to lose faith in it.

i agree to a certain extent the longer the lockdown goes on there will very little economy left with businesses going bust etc.

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've always supported people doing what they want.

Except during public health emergencies. 

To be honest I actually thought since nobody has stopped holiday homes being used as safe havens for better off people throughout the crisis that it was double standards to criticise Cummings. There are holiday homes near me where it is commonly known locally where. I am that some mother and kids combos have been living there while the husbands have remained at work and living in their main Edinburgh residencies, then the husband has come through for the weekends.  

If Cummings had simply done the one trip to Durham and stayed isolated in the one property for the duration and returned when better he was doing no worse than others have.  It is the going out when supposed to be in isolation and/or mutilple trips back and forth to London that is wrong here and because of that he has to go.  Of course that is being denied so we need to wait for the evidence.

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Good question from the BBC guy.

Ah, he has worked out where the mute button is now.

Boris chatting absolute pish as per usual.

"Dominic acted on instinct as a parent and he cannot be marked down for that"

NO, ALEX DEPFEFFEL

HE BROKE THE FECKING LAW

YE CANNAE PLAY THE "AS A PARENT" CARD

Remember the furore when a virus-free Calderwood travelled only a few miles for a day out?

Dominic and his wife both had the feckin virus and travelled hundreds of miles and went out on at least two feckin day trips.

It's not even as if he did it this weekend, this happened weeks ago and you lot have tried to cover it up.

Families have been banned from the funerals of loved ones and this tumshie-heided freak can carry on as normal and do what he wants?

:seething:

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor

He's doing what he does m. Parroting one thing over and over and over.

Childcare.

Cummings drove 260 miles to Durham and got NO EXTERNAL CHILDCARE you gibbering nut sack. 

Fathers have missed the birth of their children. 
People haven’t been able to say goodby to loved ones before they pass away. 

It’s alright though. Some entitled p***k that had a hand in creating the rules got to traipse around the country while displaying symptoms so he could visit his maw on her birthday. Move on people, nothing to see here...

25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The only reason that he can be staying is that he has so much on the lot of them that he would bury them.Only way of getting rid of Dom is getting rid of this goverment.

You have it spot on. He knows too much.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris chatting absolute pish as per usual.

"Dominic acted on instinct as a parent and he cannot be marked down for that"

NO, ALEX DEPFEFFEL

HE BROKE THE FECKING LAW

YE CANNAE PLAY THE "AS A PARENT" CARD

Remember the furore when a virus-free Calderwood travelled only a few miles for a day out?

Dominic and his wife both had the feckin virus and travelled hundreds of miles and went out on at least two feckin day trips.

It's not even as if he did it this weekend, this happened weeks ago and you lot have tried to cover it up.

Families have been banned from the funerals of loved ones and this tumshie-heided freak can carry on as normal and do what he wants?

:seething:

To be fair to him, due to lockdown he couldn’t do the typical Tory behaviour of leaving a sprog at the pub. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic