Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

My eldest (5 year old) tested positive a couple of weeks ago. We had a letter from his school a few days before saying he was a close contact of another kid that got it.

He was fine. One day of feeling a bit rubbish but was bright as a button throughout his isolation.

Fast forward a week, I get it 😑 fortunately I can work at home so didn't cause too much bother.

I've actually not had any of the classic covid symptoms. No high temperature, no cough, no sore throat, no runny nose, I just felt a "a bit ropey" last Friday. After that apart from the odd headache it's been fine. I tested negative today so with any luck tomorrow is the same and I'll be out (day 8 of isolation).

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sound bud :thumbsup:

Left the wife at the pool last Saturday and went to the boozer to watch all the football.

Got talking to a few Scottish boys, St Mirren fan from Paisley and a couple of other Jambos from Glenrothes.

Got absolutely reaking and the wife had to help me back to the apartment for 8.30pm. Her and the daughter stayed out to watch the boxing :biggrin2:

I reckon Saturday was the day I caught the covid, the boozer was rammed and I was in the same place all day 

Sounds a fab night ! No regrets 👍

12 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

My eldest (5 year old) tested positive a couple of weeks ago. We had a letter from his school a few days before saying he was a close contact of another kid that got it.

He was fine. One day of feeling a bit rubbish but was bright as a button throughout his isolation.

Fast forward a week, I get it 😑 fortunately I can work at home so didn't cause too much bother.

I've actually not had any of the classic covid symptoms. No high temperature, no cough, no sore throat, no runny nose, I just felt a "a bit ropey" last Friday. After that apart from the odd headache it's been fine. I tested negative today so with any luck tomorrow is the same and I'll be out (day 8 of isolation).

Negative again today so I'm free!

Nucky Thompson
17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Some folk are going to be hardwired into the restrictions for a while longer.

Was waiting in a wee queue to get into to a restaurant earlier this evening. Was cold and windy outside, so when queue moved forward we stepped into the wee vestibule bit, with masks on. Three middle aged dears in front of us, also in the same space but with more than a metre between our group and theirs, then loudly decided to "stand over there so we can still maintain distancing", while shooting a nasty look at me and my wife.

I may have had some sympathy, but they were stepping into a packed restaurant with thirty or so tables all full.

Pathetic, inconsistent and symptomatic of the overly-anxious and fearful society that the "sky is falling" constant messaging from the government has created in some quarters.

I think that might have brought on a bout of coughing if I was you :biggrin2:

Nucky Thompson

My symptoms have been completely away for 2 days now but I still tested positive this morning.

I'm desperate to get back to work, so I'll be going tomorrow regardless.

UK government guidelines :thumbsup:

manaliveits105
25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Will you actually read the last paragraph?

will you read the 4th last paragraph or the health secretary's statement at beginning of Nov 21 ?

Wear face coverings in indoor public places, such as shops, public transport and when moving about in hospitality settings.

Wash hands and surfaces thoroughly.

Meet outdoors if you can – I know that will be increasingly difficult as we get deeper into winter. But outdoor environments are safer.  

When meeting indoors, open windows – do anything you can to improve ventilation.

And try where possible to keep a safe distance from people in other households.

These precautions do make a difference. They will protect you and the people around you, and help to ease the burden on our NHS.

all hail chief mammy 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

will you read the 4th last paragraph or the health secretary's statement at beginning of Nov 21 ?

Wear face coverings in indoor public places, such as shops, public transport and when moving about in hospitality settings.

Meet outdoors if you can – I know that will be increasingly difficult as we get deeper into winter. But outdoor environments are safer.  

When meeting indoors, open windows – do anything you can to improve ventilation.

These precautions do make a difference. They will protect you and the people around you, and help to ease the burden on our NHS.

all hail chief mammy 

No laws were broken.

BoJo and his cronies' meet-ups actually did break laws though. Yet you aren't calling for him to resign. Why? 🤔

manaliveits105

He still may if he goes he goes  but at least the UK government can be held to account unlike the Scottish administration who can do what they want without question  

On 22/02/2022 at 20:00, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep. Quite happy being Scottish, British, and European. A very inclusive and worldly way to live I find, not mentally confined to petty worries about borders and flags. 

You'll be exactly the same after independence 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My symptoms have been completely away for 2 days now but I still tested positive this morning.

I’d you are scotland then you must not do this

its breaking a law 

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He still may if he goes he goes  but at least the UK government can be held to account unlike the Scottish administration who can do what they want without question  

eed491e2a107c7446b014ba2f92efecd04-14-du

On 26/02/2022 at 22:29, jonesy said:

Some folk are going to be hardwired into the restrictions for a while longer.

Was waiting in a wee queue to get into to a restaurant earlier this evening. Was cold and windy outside, so when queue moved forward we stepped into the wee vestibule bit, with masks on. Three middle aged dears in front of us, also in the same space but with more than a metre between our group and theirs, then loudly decided to "stand over there so we can still maintain distancing", while shooting a nasty look at me and my wife.

I may have had some sympathy, but they were stepping into a packed restaurant with thirty or so tables all full.

Pathetic, inconsistent and symptomatic of the overly-anxious and fearful society that the "sky is falling" constant messaging from the government has created in some quarters.

Did you have your mask on?

34 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Did you have your mask on?

If you read it he confirmed he did have a mask on

What are you going to be like in a couple of weeks when masks are no longer “mandatory”

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If you read it he confirmed he did have a mask on

What are you going to be like in a couple of weeks when masks are no longer “mandatory”

Still advised 

I was in the three sisters on Saturday for the rugby and not masks anywhere! It was actually a bit strange having not been in the situation for so long 

1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

I was in the three sisters on Saturday for the rugby and not masks anywhere! It was actually a bit strange having not been in the situation for so long 

I wear it when I go to the Supermarket/Shops/Petrol station. Nae drama.

I just went past a laboratory or something think it's where they made testing kits. They've have banners saying how they are supporting the effort against covid since pretty much the start. They've all gone now. The money must've dried up.

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

all hail chief mammy 

image.jpeg.46b2a7ab55e39555277208fcc2d718e2.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Always good to be ahead of the curve, Ri. When Covid does eventually strike Paisley, you'll be looking like a visionary. Let's just hope the black death fizzles out first.

😉

Didn't wear one at St Mirren Park on Saturday, I might've caught it fae you or yer Edinburgh mob. 😜

Edited by ri Alban

I miss lockdown :(

There's not one covid story on the BBC website front page other than the small tab for 'Daily Update' in the bottom right corner, and that's been there through it all.

Unknown user
42 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I miss lockdown :(

There's not one covid story on the BBC website front page other than the small tab for 'Daily Update' in the bottom right corner, and that's been there through it all.

I don't miss the dramatic shrieking, weren't we supposed to have all sorts of nazi restrictions by now?

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

ooopps 

Not much kudos in using the misery of the Ukrainians to make asinine comments about CV vaccinations.

49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not much kudos in using the misery of the Ukrainians to make asinine comments about CV vaccinations.

:spoton:

That poster just can't help themselves. Ukraine in the middle of a war and they endorse comments like that while having the cheek to call the rest of us vile!

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, kila said:

:spoton:

That poster just can't help themselves. Ukraine in the middle of a war and they endorse comments like that while having the cheek to call the rest of us vile!

It’s “ himself “  not “ themselves “ ! I stand by the comment . I may also state that ukriane has a particularly vile LGB record too and I am also pointing out the hypocrisy of many people who make no condemnation about similar air strikes / genocide in other parts of the world , Palestine , Syria , Yemen etc which have been going on for years Is is cause they is brown ? Plus I couldn’t give a flying deck about your opinion of me or the newly appointment international relations expert V . Nauseating . You and him were one of the many who rounded on the “ unvaccinated” 

Edited by JamesM48

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s “ himself “  not “ themselves “ ! I stand by the comment . I may also state that ukriane has a particularly vile LGB record too and I am also pointing out the hypocrisy of many people who make no condemnation about similar air strikes / genocide in other parts of the world , Palestine , Syria , Yemen etc which have been going on for years Is is cause they is brown ? Plus I couldn’t give a flying deck about your opinion of me or the newly appointment international relations expert V . Nauseating . You and him were one of the many who rounded on the “ unvaccinated” 

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Still testing positive today even though I've been symptom free for days :vangry:

My wife tested positive for 12 days recently 🙈

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Still testing positive today even though I've been symptom free for days :vangry:

Wife switching the tests.  😆

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I had that issue too, Was testing positive for about 10 days after my pcr test. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Only tested positive for 4 days :smugger: Must have super powers.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Only tested positive for 4 days :smugger: Must have super powers.

is it not better staying in your system for longer . It means your body was fighting it for longer so builds up more anti bodies? 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

is it not better staying in your system for longer . It means your body was fighting it for longer so builds up more anti bodies? 

No idea. I was testing everyday for the 10 days before and 7 after as another household member had it.

Very very mild dose for me so whether that was the vaccine fighting it or just good luck on my part 🤷

13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No, once you have fought it your antibodies go back to their previous levels. Getting ready to fight it again if need be. 

I tested positive for 18 days although was only slightly unwell for 3 days max.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )