• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Was talking about this to a mate, he said he read somewhere there was a thought that the sites nicotine attaches too are the same ones the virus attacks. They think this might cause a problem for the virus to them attach it self to the cell. Neither of us were sure how feasible that was or whether it was believable but thought I'd share it. 

Interesting. I noticed when I stopped smoking I started to get the cold more often

Edited by Ricardo Shillyshally

16 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Interesting. I noticed when I stopped smoking I started to get the cold more often

Fresh breath, more burd's, more necking and no social distancing...dirty mares.

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not seen this mentioned on here.

BJ has invited other party leaders to help with the coronavirus fight.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/04/boris-johnson-invites-opposition-party-leaders-coronavirus-briefing-work-together-12507647/

In otherwords, he's saying 'Help!' we haven't got a clue or when the blame game starts you lot will be right in the smelly stuff along with us.

Probably both tbh.

I think it's preparation for Kier Starmer joining the Government / a combined National Response.

It's far, FAR too late for a national unity government.

It's all about sharing the blame and all other parties should decline to form a unity government but should agree to sit on cabinet, medical and COBRA meetings.

2 hours ago, BlackJAC? said:

Watford Hospital have sent out a critical alert. Not accepting any emergencies.  They're supposedly running out of oxygen.  A complete and utter farce if true.  This virus hasn't even began to hit the UK yet, yet here we are. Hospitals already struggling and on their knees because they lack the basics to fight this virus. This is what a decade or more cuts do to a HC system.

they have clarified it as a problem with their equipment, from bbc

The Trust said the decision was taken as a "result of a technical issue with our hospital's oxygen equipment".

Montgomery Brewster
2 hours ago, Cade said:

UK death toll rises 20% in a single day.

Still no mass testing.

Still no contact tracing.

Still only half-hearted pleas to stay indoors.

Still NHS hospitals running out of equipment.

Still no exit plan, or any plan at all other than "see what happens".

There are plenty exit plans. And these will all be in place. They are not going to come out and tell anyone until nearer the time 

17 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

There are plenty exit plans. And these will all be in place. They are not going to come out and tell anyone until nearer the time 

Why do you think that? They’ve made a bit of an arse of this so far. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

;What's this about thick feckers and 5g ?

I've heard that too. My mate is adamant that the roll out of 5g is contributing to the virus  :wacko:

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I've heard that too. My mate is adamant that the roll out of 5g is contributing to the virus  :wacko:

i think its because liverpool are walking away with the league and celtic getting 9 in a row, better reason than 5g roll out

Just now, reaths17 said:

i think its because liverpool are walking away with the league and celtic getting 9 in a row, better reason than 5g roll out

I'm surprised Donald Trump hasn't mentioned the 5g theory yet?

The Internet
Just now, Marvin said:

Even he isn't quite that thick. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

probably doesn't know what it is, he barely seems to have a grasp of the fact the virus spreads easily and kills

1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

probably doesn't know what it is, he barely seems to have a grasp of the fact the virus spreads easily and kills

What shocks me is that the First Lady is telling American's to follow advice, yet Trump rubbishes it.

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What shocks me is that the First Lady is telling American's to follow advice, yet Trump rubbishes it.

unfortunately this has been caused by the worlds people seeing politics as a joke and voting in your trumps and boris's, i cant remember any previous world leaders talk so much nonsense and come across as clueless. their usually slippery *******s and manage to smuge and avoid difficult questions with a bit of skill, these 2 are just inept and none of their opposition look any cleverer

Edited by reaths17

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

old Trumpy boy wouldnt forego his vanity for shit like wearing a mask,no chance

Sweden now u-turning on 'herd community' approach and looking for government to be provided more ''lock down' style powers.

Turkey seizes a consignment of 150 ventilators and other medical supplies bought and paid for by Spain.

They had been built in Turkey by a Spanish firm using Chinese components.

Turkish customs officers impounded the entire lot at a cargo airport.

Everybody is fecking over everybody else and acting like complete twats.

Stealing, outbidding, imposing import/export bans, slapping sanctions on each other, authorities having to resort to simply nationalising and requisitioning things from companies.

It's all gone crazy.

davemclaren
59 minutes ago, Cade said:

Turkey seizes a consignment of 150 ventilators and other medical supplies bought and paid for by Spain.

Stealing, outbidding, imposing import/export bans, slapping sanctions on each other, authorities having to resort to simply nationalising and requisitioning things from companies.

It's all gone crazy.

Once it comes down to it it’s each for their own. At least the rich and powerful here are getting their own tests done... 🤔

magic roundabout
1 hour ago, Cade said:

It's all gone crazy.

Thats appaling a few countries will be hanging their heads in shame after this. 

I was just reading a supply of face masks donated from China to Thailand were sold on to the USA (by Thailand for profit). 

13 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Was just thinking that the other day. As a staunch republican and nationalist I think his leadership and presentation during this has been outstanding. Okay some of the decisions and dilly dallying behind him havent been good but can you imagine Thatcher telling us we have to stay at home for 12 weeks or longer. We’d be marching en masse to london with pitchforks by now

He will probably Need to to toughen the stance on lockdown next week but he’s come across really well overall during this 

Pity he couldn't follow his own advice though. Major embarrassment for that 😏

SwindonJambo
4 hours ago, reaths17 said:

unfortunately this has been caused by the worlds people seeing politics as a joke and voting in your trumps and boris's, i cant remember any previous world leaders talk so much nonsense and come across as clueless. their usually slippery *******s and manage to smuge and avoid difficult questions with a bit of skill, these 2 are just inept and none of their opposition look any cleverer

Much as I dislike Boris, he's not in the same league as Trump for pig ignorance ,self aggrandisement and general arseholery. Like Thatcher, his election win on a large majority was more to do with the ineptness of the opposition than his own strengths.

Trump is floundering. New York is being slammed hard and he is still going on about getting the country running as soon as possible. Money is god. 

I am on medication for post stroke treatment. We are being warned because so little of our medications are manufactured in Canada we may suffer extreme shortages. It seems we are not the only country  that obtains their drugs from overseas suppliers, I wonder if a resurgence of home manufactured medications may be one of the many changes that this tragic episode is requiring.

Trump at 10'pm last night fired the Inspector General who had acted upon the Whistlebowers information that led to Impeachment. Of course the media are suggesting it Is because there are numerous potential whistleblowers ho will be telling about Trumps actions which were not good regarding the virus. He is on today and made a statement that it is unbelievable that people are being paid to stay at home. It is truly unbelievable that this man can survive his reaction to this pandemic.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am on medication for post stroke treatment. We are being warned because so little of our medications are manufactured in Canada we may suffer extreme shortages. It seems we are not the only country  that obtains their drugs from overseas suppliers, I wonder if a resurgence of home manufactured medications may be one of the many changes that this tragic episode is requiring.

Trump at 10'pm last night fired the Inspector General who had acted upon the Whistlebowers information that led to Impeachment. Of course the media are suggesting it Is because there are numerous potential whistleblowers ho will be telling about Trumps actions which were not good regarding the virus. He is on today and made a statement that it is unbelievable that people are being paid to stay at home. It is truly unbelievable that this man can survive his reaction to this pandemic.

You would think that but THIS IS AMERICA. 🤷🏼‍♂️

davemclaren

The reality is that we will only beat this through herd immunity, either through a vaccine, which is a long way off, or a heavy attrition. 

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

Trump supporters are by and large disaffected morons with absolutely no knowledge of the world and no capacity for critical thought.

The US is full of them. Someone i know is marrying a girl from Nebraska and she is about the stupidest human being i currently know. She's about 30 years of age but I'd guess her mental age is about 8 or 9 maybe.

She just knows that Trump is doing a good job and he's their guy. 😫

The 5g thing is quite incredible in it's level of basic stupidity and complete lack of understanding of diagnosis and emergency medicine.

Every so often people online seem to find a new way of becoming even more stupid. This theory is quite spectacularly dumb though.

If anyone is bored enough, have a look at this thread from the Terrace last month. 😂

Some spectacular comments on the first few pages alone.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The 5g thing is quite incredible in it's level of basuc stupidity and complete lack of understanding of diagnosis and emergency medicine.

Every so often people online seem to find a new way of becoming even more stupid. This theory is quite spectacularly dumb though.

I saw a guy on FB insisting that covid's a government conspiracy, that viruses can only be spread by injection and that there's all sorts of shenanigans going on while we're locked up.

Doesn't trust information from;

Government 

Scientific studies

Scientific bodies

Any media

Does trust information from;

Some prick with a youtube account

His whole argument is based around misunderstanding high school science - viruses can't be spread naturally. It's kind of technically right, a virus is only a virus in a host cell, the airborne particles are virions and only become virus when they take root again. 

But the infection spreads, even though we describe the journey as virus -> virion -> virus. It doesnt mean evil government doctors are making us ill for nefarious purposes. 

Beyond parody, beyond reason.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I saw a guy on FB insisting that covid's a government conspiracy, that viruses can only be spread by injection and that there's all sorts of shenanigans going on while we're locked up.

Government 

Scientific studies

Scientific bodies

Any media

His whole argument is based around misunderstanding high school science - viruses can't be spread naturally. It's kind of technically right, a virus is only a virus in a host cell, the airborne particles are virions and only become virus when they take root again. 

But the infection spreads, even though we describe the journey as virus -> virion -> virus. It doesnt mean evil government doctors are making us ill for nefarious purposes. 

The internet has given the gullible, the disaffected, the weird and the desperate a means to meet up online and spread their ideas. 

We have some of them on here. 😂

A patient i treated a while back asked if I was a "coincide theorist" or was I open to learning about how the world was actually flat? 🤔😮🗣😂

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Government 

Scientific studies

Scientific bodies

Any media

Sounds a little bit like Trump

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

The internet has given the gullible, the disaffected, the weird and the desperate a means to meet up online and spread their ideas. 

We have some of them on here. 😂

A patient i treated a while back asked if I was a "coincide theorist" or was I open to learning about how the world was actually flat? 🤔😮🗣😂

Few pages back on here there was some zoomer talking about Area 51 and testing & studying aliens....... 🤣.  Thing is they ACTUALLY believe it all.

Jambo-Jimbo
37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Few pages back on here there was some zoomer talking about Area 51 and testing & studying aliens....... 🤣.  Thing is they ACTUALLY believe it all.

Not only this, but there also tends to be a common trait a lot of them exhibit as well.

And that is, only they know the truth, it's only them that are right, everyone else is a brainwashed MSM/Government trusting sheep, who believes any piece of nonsense they read, hear or get fed. 

invernessjt
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If anyone is bored enough, have a look at this thread from the Terrace last month. 😂

Some spectacular comments on the first few pages alone.

A brilliant read. So many "experts" on here. 

34 minutes ago, buzz said:

How can she possibly think this is ok!

Unbelievable!

Have to say, think this has been blow up. Sun struggling for stories.

35 minutes ago, buzz said:

How can she possibly think this is ok!

Unbelievable!

Yep when we are trying to get people to stay in! 
Totally irresponsible and will just make people do as they please as they’ll think well if the CMO is out and about ignoring her own instructions we might as well too! 

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, Marvin said:

The trouble is that there is conflicting advice from the scientific profession. Some say the masks are useless others  say they help.  This whole crisis is being amplified by these conflicting points of view covering all subjects. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic