Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, Boab said:

We will be nowhere any antibody any time soon, mate, but, as sure as a cat’s a hairy beast, the powerful and royalty will have access to everything that will combat this. Probably right now !

” Em...aye....we’re working on a vaccine but don’t know when it will be ready....”

:tlj:

Ach you're probably right. Just have to keep hoping for a wee trip doon the stairs then for the old bawbag

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

Ach you're probably right. Just have to keep hoping for a wee trip doon the stairs then for the old bawbag

He’s probably about 150 !

Put together like the bold Victor’s monster.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Tuesday 51 people had it

Thursday 116 people have it + 1 dead... 136% rise in 2 days

Of course panic is crazy but this is exactly the same as Italy 2 weeks ago..

by Sat same rate of rise 275..

Mon....…………………………….650...

Wed....…………………………….1550+ 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Tuesday 51 people had it

Thursday 116 people have it + 1 dead... 136% rise in 2 days

Of course panic is crazy but this is exactly the same as Italy 2 weeks ago..

by Sat same rate of rise 275..

Mon....…………………………….650...

Wed....…………………………….1550+ 

Percentage is a dodgy way to present it. Best to stick with rates per population. Scotland has seen a 500% increase since Sunday.... It's went from 1 to 6 people. 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Like poachers dug....aw rib and cock!!

:sweeet:

That’s me, Dawn.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Boab said:

He’s probably about 150 !

Put together like the bold Victor’s monster.

😂

Suso Santana

The government have prepared for 80% of the population getting this disease. 

Which was about the same percentage of jambos kickback wanting craig levein as manager. 

I'm fully confident that i'm immune to it. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don't know who to believe? 

Now this fool knows more than medical science. What's the point of all those charlatan scientists when all we really need is a Donald "hunch"?

Feck me sideways.

30 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Now this fool knows more than medical science. What's the point of all those charlatan scientists when all we really need is a Donald "hunch"?

Feck me sideways.

It's only a hunch 😂

56 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

The government have prepared for 80% of the population getting this disease. 

Which was about the same percentage of jambos kickback wanting craig levein as manager. 

I'm fully confident that i'm immune to it. 

What have they done to prepare?

100 odd folk infected out of 55 odd million in the uk and people are clearing shelves in the supermarket . ****ing lunatics. 

First child in the UK to test positive.Hopefully it has the same effect it has had on every other child who has had it and it barely bothers them.

Edited by vegas-voss

The Government ain't half over egging this with the help of the BBC. The flu is worse. FFS.

Not heard a lot about Brexit talks for a while.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The Government ain't half over egging this with the help of the BBC. The flu is worse. FFS.

On the conspiracy theory subject, I read that some people reckon this was planned to quieten the whole Epstein situation.

Love a good conspiracy

The Internet
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye it's only us that's getting into a state. Not like other countries are shutting down entire infrastructures or anything.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye it's only us that's getting into a state. Not like other countries are shutting down entire infrastructures or anything.

Who told you? That's right. 

Nicholas Brody

US admits they don't have enough test kits

The US has admitted that they don't have enough coronavirus test kits, as the number of cases in the country continues to grow.

Vice-President Mike Pence said they would not be able to meet the target of delivering one million test kits this week. He added the kits would be available by the end of next week.

It comes as US President Trump admitted that the virus "might have an impact" on the economy, but added that everything was "going to work out".

Twelve people in the US have died from the virus - all but one of the victims were from the US state of Washington.

Probably a lot more undiagnosed cases in the US.

54 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who told you? That's right. 

So... the government is paying thousands of actors to try and pretend that these things are going on abroad when they're not. They also control all the international media,  all non-UK-based Twitter users, and one of this board's admins. And it's not like they're going to get found out, because they've completely closed the border to departures.

:cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette:

Edited by Thaw

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

On the conspiracy theory subject, I read that some people reckon this was planned to quieten the whole Epstein situation.

Love a good conspiracy

Or Brexit 😂 in that case fair play to MI6, releasing this virus in a random city in China and getting out undetected. Top work. 

Jambo-Jimbo
45 minutes ago, Thaw said:

So... the government is paying thousands of actors to try and pretend that these things are going on abroad when they're not. They also control all the international media,  all non-UK-based Twitter users, and one of this board's admins. And it's not like they're going to get found out, because they've completely closed the border to departures.

:cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette::cornette:

Or all the other Jambos who are based in places like South Korea, China, Japan etc etc, they must all be liars as well, hell one must have faked the notice of things they have to do that he'd received from the South Korean authorities.

Jambo-Jimbo

The UK's chief scientific officer has said both on Sky News & the BBC this morning that Coronavirus is much worse than the flu and has a death rate of between 5 & 10 times more than the flu.

I think I'll believe the science, I'll let others believe what they want.

image.thumb.png.d899182bbc20e369c164c58be066b31c.png

This was posted by one of the most ignorant Trump supporters I've ever seen on the internet. Don't be like this guy. Please.

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do you really believe that the governments in the other countries who are taking far more dramatic action than our government are doing so to give UK government some cover for Brexit? 

do you think the government in Italy is over egging it too? 

Suso Santana
9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

What have they done to prepare?

Can't remember all of it but recently retired nurses are getting pulled back in. 

Hospitals are only going to deal with serious conditions. 

The army are ready to help. 

Police are only going to deal with major crimes (smoke weed every day) 

AlphonseCapone
59 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The UK's chief scientific officer has said both on Sky News & the BBC this morning that Coronavirus is much worse than the flu and has a death rate of between 5 & 10 times more than the flu.

I think I'll believe the science, I'll let others believe what they want.

I've explained this before. The flu has an average death rate of 0.1%. 10 times that is 1%. No one is claiming it's less than that. 

The Internet
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've explained this before. The flu has an average death rate of 0.1%. 10 times that is 1%. No one is claiming it's less than that. 

Loads of people are claiming the 'regular' flu is worse, seemingly based on the fact that in the history of the world more people have died from that than this new strain. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Loads of people are claiming the 'regular' flu is worse, seemingly based on the fact that in the history of the world more people have died from that than this new strain. 

Aye fine, maybe I shouldn't have said no one. It's unhelpful to act like it's not as bad as the flu, but it's also unhelpful when folk start banding about 5-10 times worse than the flu without giving the context of what that means. Just wish everyone would calm down on all fronts. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I suppose it depends on how you define 'worse'

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye fine, maybe I shouldn't have said no one. It's unhelpful to act like it's not as bad as the flu, but it's also unhelpful when folk start banding about 5-10 times worse than the flu without giving the context of what that means. Just wish everyone would calm down on all fronts. 

It's also not helpful saying 1% imo when we know that the real people this is can affect is the old with health conditions.They are the ones in real danger of this and anybody could pass this onto them.So I think all these talking points should be saying is look by far and away the majority will only show mild symptoms from this but you can easily pass it on to far more vulnerable groups so please adhere to the advice given to help protect those groups.

Edited by vegas-voss

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

yep seem to be a few on this very page.. the WHO death rate makes this about 34 times more deadly than the flu, Even at 1% it’s 10 times more deadly than the flu.. and it seems to be more contagious.. 

the reason the number of deaths is low is because hardly anyone has it “yet!” 

if the same number of people get this as get the flu, the death toll will be materially higher hence why there is a such an effort to stop it getting to that point.

folk saying it’s not are being absolutely moronic. 

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yep seem to be a few on this very page.. the WHO death rate makes this about 34 times more deadly than the flu, Even at 1% it’s 10 times more deadly than the flu.. and it seems to be more contagious.. 

if the same number of people get this as get the flu, the death toll will be materially higher hence why there is a such an effort to stop it getting to that point.

The key bit in the bolded part is 'if'.

There is every chance that scenario won't happen, hence why people saying it's not a big threat aren't being completely moronic.

If as many people who get the flu fell off a skyscraper then then the death toll will be materially higher.

Just because something is more lethal doesn't necessarily mean it will cause more death.

Edited by Taffin

Nucky Thompson
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye it's a big hoax started by the Westminster government to deflect from Brexit :lol:

Your extreme Nationalism his hit a new high of silliness 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

That actually works both ways. There will currently be a lot more people with the virus who haven't been tested because they are asymptomatic or symptoms are so mild they don't present for testing or are even aware they have it. So the current death rates can't be taken as a guarantee. As more people get it, it will then depend on who those people are whether they are at risk of dying or full recovery. 

There's no point arguing about death rates or comparisons with the flu just now. Truth is, no one, and I mean absolutely no one, really knows anything yet and they won't until several months passes and we can really assess what's going on. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

It's also not helpful saying 1% imo when we know that the real people this is can affect is the old with health conditions.They are the ones in real danger of this and anybody could pass this onto them.So I think all these talking points should be saying is look by far and away the majority will only show mild symptoms from this but you can easily pass it on to far more vulnerable groups so please adhere to the advice given to help protect those groups.

Tbh I don't even think it's worth anyone discussing the death rate. There are so many unknown factors. It could be much higher or lower than current quotes, that also range wildly depending on demographics. 

Like you say, the message should be simple, protect yourself from this as much as you can because it's likely someone else you know could be a high risk. 

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye it's a big hoax started by the Westminster government to deflect from Brexit :lol:

Your extreme Nationalism his hit a new high of silliness 

Don’t think that’s what he is saying.

Like 9/11, when a government aide saying it was a good day to bury bad news, I reckon they will be happy the focus is elsewhere.

It’s no hoax, that’s for sure !

Nicholas Brody
14 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Tbh I don't even think it's worth anyone discussing the death rate. There are so many unknown factors. It could be much higher or lower than current quotes, that also range wildly depending on demographics. 

Like you say, the message should be simple, protect yourself from this as much as you can because it's likely someone else you know could be a high risk. 

Bingo. The current WHO mortality rate is also defined, by the WHO themselves, as crude death rate

Hearing whispers of a suspected case in Livingston...

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

The key bit in the bolded part is 'if'.

There is every chance that scenario won't happen, hence why people saying it's not a big threat aren't being completely moronic.

If as many people who get the flu fell off a skyscraper then then the death toll will be materially higher.

Just because something is more lethal doesn't necessarily mean it will cause more death.

Of course but people are saying it’s being blown out of proportion, maybe given it’s more contagious than flu, the warnings are absolutely in proportion in an effort to make sure that does not happen.. 

it is more serious than flu, hopefully it does not get to that and I don’t think it will..

but to play it down is moronic imo

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Bingo. The current WHO mortality rate is also defined, by the WHO themselves, as crude death rate

Hearing whispers of a suspected case in Livingston...

Chinese ones.

Brighton Jambo

The whole point of all these precautions here and overseas is to stop as many people catching as they would with other pre-existing illnesses.  

In my lifetime I can’t remember anything like this and we are just at the beginning.  Fortunately, and I am not taking it lightly, but the mortality rate is very low.

if the mortality rate was more like Ebola, circa 50%, and spread this easily then you are talking movie type scenes and a total shut down of our infrastructure.  It’s been an insight into what could happen in the future and it’s pretty freaky.  

Rumour mill around here is that someone at Falkirk College has it and they visited local health centre....   if so then it's close by.

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.thumb.png.d899182bbc20e369c164c58be066b31c.png

This was posted by one of the most ignorant Trump supporters I've ever seen on the internet. Don't be like this guy. Please.

I’d suggest he steps up for a 1 man trial of this then sent into a danger zone to test his newly acquired immunity 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Of course but people are saying it’s being blown out of proportion, maybe given it’s more contagious than flu, the warnings are absolutely in proportion in an effort to make sure that does not happen.. 

it is more serious than flu, hopefully it does not get to that and I don’t think it will..

but to play it down is moronic imo

It is a risk and we do need to take action but the authorities will be trying to contain and delay it and we should follow their instructions.

Folk spouting off that the end is nigh online, buy a years worth of baked beans etc is just idiotic.

There's a big gap between not getting sand in your knickers over something that's unlikely to cause you much if an issue and playing it down. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Coronavirus pandemic
  • davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic