• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:kirklol:

Mind when you said you don't hate and I did a quick search and came up with hundreds of your posts talking about what you hate?

I find it staggering me saying that tbh.  I assume it would just have been to generate debate but I can tell you categorically I do hate.  I hate many people.

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, LMc said:

Think you need a new dentist. I was in yesterday for a check up and a scale and polish. 

Had a wisdom tooth out at the hospital a month or so ago. 

Are you private or NHS?

I know a lot of dentists are putting NHS patients on hold

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Are you private or NHS?

I know a lot of dentists are putting NHS patients on hold

NHS. There's another dentist near me that's only recently just started taking on NHS patients again after not taking any on for a while though.

I did get the impression they were coming to the end of the backlog and starting to get some normality back. It is a very small practice though so maybe I'm just lucky in that sense. I've not really had an issue and had my check ups as normal. Didn't mind having my root canal delayed last year at the start of first lockdown!

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I find it staggering me saying that tbh.  I assume it would just have been to generate debate but I can tell you categorically I do hate.  I hate many people.

Nope, you were denying that you hate, called it a waste of energy IIRC. It was as true as you saying your mind is always open, yet you like to accuse others of virtue signalling.

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My mind is always open, in this case I see no true evidence that the entire 'pandemic' is the reality to what you see on MSM.  It talks like we are leaving our houses and stepping over corpses in the street.  Walking around in the Chernobyl air will kill.  It simply is not the case.

Almost everything we have been told is not the case.  At the start it was hospitals are overflowing - this was never the case. It is a virus that only really truly affects those with underlying health problems.  Every healthy man woman and child on the planet has been locked down.  No one is dying FROM it they are dying with it or having had it - notice the wording has evolved over time in the media.

Notice how it is always:

"experts say"

"scientists warn"

Government findings suggest"

Who are these people?

Are you happy that children are not being educated, small businesses are not operating, people are not working, industries are collapsing, people are killing themselves, mental health is decreasing, people are not being treated in dentists and hospitals like we used to? Are you happy that we are walking about like clones and government drones? Are you happy about social distancing? Are you happy that life is utterly shite now for a virus that 99.97% of people are at no risk from?

Covid will always have new variants – the flu has 30,000 different ones a year – these things mutate.  It is time to live with it.  It is clear you are happy being controlled and that is up to you – but the majority for sure now I think want to move on.  What you do with your life is up to you, I think you would ask how high if the little dictator asked you to jump but I am not playing their game anymore.  I should own my own risk, not you and not the government.

Billionnaires seem to be thriving right now as the 99% of the plebs on the planet are toiling.  Do you think it is just co-incidence that the whole climate change bollocks is being rolled out in harmony with this?

Imo we are being conned - it is all one big gigantic global hoax.  You bash on tho and think of this if you may - all your precautions and actions make you no more or less safe than me with this nonsense.  Having a zillion jabs makes no difference.

👍

32 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just to cheer everybody up another drop of 15 in hospital from yesterday down to 576 and down another 5 in ICU only 38 now. hopefully figures keep on a downward trend. :thumbs_up:

Good news yet again.  it tends to sink without trace on this thread though. But thanks for that info. 

32 minutes ago, LMc said:

Think you need a new dentist. I was in yesterday for a check up and a scale and polish. 

Had a wisdom tooth out at the hospital a month or so ago. 

Is yours private? 

30 minutes ago, theshed said:

Phoned up to get a check up as it’s way over due,  told they will be back in touch after the year and that they will phone me.  No been for two years now 

Its the same nhs dentist I’ve been at since I was a child (51) now 

I bet if I was to phone up some private place and pay ££££ I’d get seen the next day 

Yes private dentists are raking it in.  NHS are just doing the basics. 

30 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

They are if you are willing and able to pay private

Exactly

29 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

All the more reason to get vaccinated surely if you don’t know how it’s going to affect you if you catch it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Genuinely surprised at the level of anger and distress over the past 24 hours on this thread. Definitely a need to calm down required by some!

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole in the afternoon, James. 🙈

ooooo

22 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

It's the Guardian it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

They also did a similar article on that 42 year old superfit, bodybuilder guy with "no underlying conditions" who died unvaccinated.

Conveniently for their agenda they never mentioned the guy had the underlying condition of asthma.

Yes the Guardian is very grim now. Unsure when it shat the bed regarding covid but its been a while. These human interest stories often don't tell the full story unless you critically read it. The headlines are often very misleading. It was in that ladies case. 

59 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

No changes to current restrictions says Sturgeon 

SG can't win. Put restrictions in place and people will whinge. Don't put in place and not doing enough or being a Krankie or power hungry or the list goes..... oh and don't forget the "dentist" who just passes the info on. Just let them get on with it. I've lost my job through it all so wish folk would just shut up!

Average age of those dying of covid delta variant is now 85 if double jabbed with 5 co morbidities 

Unvaccinated its 79 with 4 co morbidities 

32 minutes ago, LMc said:

:rofl:

My dentist is actually German, albeit a female.

:hartley:

You're not at Q dental practise, Quality Street D'Mains?

Footballfirst
28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Average age of those dying of covid delta variant is now 85 if double jabbed with 5 co morbidities 

Unvaccinated its 79 with 4 co morbidities 

I don't know what stats you are looking at, but the latest NRS weekly stats seem to show that the average age of those dying from Covid is lower now than earlier in the pandemic. It may be a statistical blip for this week only, but 70% of deaths have occurred in over 75s throughout the duration of the pandemic. That figure was down to 47% in the latest week. (possible impact of boosters?)

Deaths by age group Week 47   % this week % since the pandemic started
Under 1 year 0   0% 0%
01-14 0   0% 0%
15-44 2   2% 1%
45-64 16   16% 11%
65-74 34   35% 17%
75-84 25   26% 32%
85+ 20   21% 38%
Edited by Footballfirst

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

No changes to current restrictions says Sturgeon 

Good the Prime Minister has told her to ram her 8 day isolation and test 

:cornette_dog:

29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know what stats you are looking at, but the latest NRS weekly stats seem to show that the average age of those dying from Covid is lower now than earlier in the pandemic. It may be a statistical blip for this week only, but 70% of deaths have occurred in over 75s throughout the duration of the pandemic. That figure was down to 47% in the latest week. (possible impact of boosters?)

Deaths by age group Week 47   % this week % since the pandemic started
Under 1 year 0   0% 0%
01-14 0   0% 0%
15-44 2   2% 1%
45-64 16   16% 11%
65-74 34   35% 17%
75-84 25   26% 32%
85+ 20   21% 38%

from 14.17 minutes   

Edited by JamesM48

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

from 14.17 minutes   

I think I will stick with the NRS stats rather than those quoted by Andrew Bridgen.

I'd be highly surprised if any recent analysis would give him the level of detail he quotes about the number of co-morbidities and the vaccination status of those who have died in recent weeks.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The answer from a pandemic aspect is for everyone to take up the vaccinations they have been and will be offered. Reducing deaths in the elderly, reducing serious illness and reducing transmission (with it the numbers of people isolating) is all achieved through vaccination. If you want life to be normal again then saying that healthy people don't need to get vaccinated doesn't cut it - they do.

I am not demonising the unvaccinated or saying they are selfish, but I am also not moaning about dentists/waiting times/mental health etc etc

The solution to almost all the issues surrounding the pandemic now are for everyone to get vaccinated.

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think I will stick with the NRS stats rather than those quoted by Andrew Bridgen.

I'd be highly surprised if any recent analysis would give him the level of detail he quotes about the number of co-morbidities and the vaccination status of those who have died in recent weeks.

This is the guy who thought you could grow concrete isn't it, he has zero credibility now, as does anything broadcast on his show.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Had on!

First I had to sing happy birthday while washing my hands.

Then I had to avoid my friends.

After that I had make it more difficult to breathe by wrapping my face in a mask.

Subsequently, I had to stop smearing green paint all over my loved ones.

Finally I had to get a vaccine.

Enough!

;) 

That is perhaps the first correct thing you have posted on this thread!! 

(PS you may have to get a few vaccines, but that is just to boost all the green paint shareholders that lost out, they were given options in Big Pharma)

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The instructions weren't clear, so I ended up wrapping my loved ones in face masks and smearing them in maroon paint while singing happy birthday - omitting all the plosive consonants, of course -  while on a Zoom call to my friends. 

That sounds far more Covid compliant than you actually were, if only No 10 were as thoughtful.....

The Mighty Thor

cannae imagine many folk would have had the dream cockwomble pairing of Mike Graham & Andrew Bridgen on their bingo card this morning. ☹️

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Precisely the opposite James.  Your view on vaccinations is the ultra narrow picture.  You don't seem to conceptualise the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It's not my data. I don't make it up.

4819546.jpg

Салатные палочки

STV News:  "Professor Leitch, is Christmas cancelled"

JL: "No one can cancel Christmas" 

STV: "But you would agree it looks grim?" 

JL: "Not necessarily, we just need to be cautious" 

I'm paraphrasing but these pricks are worse than the BBC. 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Caveat from Sturgeon the restrictions will be reviewed on a daily basis. 

i have a horrible feeling she will end up restricting the numbers in football etc again.  Telling employers to have their employees work from home again is just the start.

utterly depressing if we have to go through all this again

Nucky Thompson

I see the furst clown keeps trotting out the 'best in the UK' when questioned about vaccine appointment refusals and NHS waiting times.

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

STV News:  "Professor Leitch, is Christmas cancelled"

JL: "No one can cancel Christmas" 

STV: "But you would agree it looks grim?" 

JL: "Not necessarily, we just need to be cautious" 

I'm paraphrasing but these pricks are worse than the BBC. 

Just watched that and had me shouting at the tv 

Leitch was coming out with this (buys us time) shit again 

The same shit he came out with with the circuit breaker stuff last year 

Total doom and gloom....reporter was even trying to get him to say that we won’t be allowed to travel out our own area again in lead up to Christmas 

There must be plenty younger people out there wondering what is the point in this booster if we can’t get on with our life’s 

The Mighty Thor

I see the furst clown keeps trotting out the 'best in the UK' when questioned about vaccine appointment refusals and NHS waiting times.

:interehjrling:

So what should the 'furst clown' do about the arseholes point blank refusing to get vaccinated?

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

i have a horrible feeling she will end up restricting the numbers in football etc again.  Telling employers to have their employees work from home again is just the start.

The treasury has already knocked back her plea for money if she needs it.

Shutting down or restricting businesses with no financial help is suicide 

Psychedelicropcircle
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So what should the 'furst clown' do about the arseholes point blank refusing to get vaccinated?

Accept freedom of choice & build more hospitals. 

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The thing that football may have in it's favour is the winter break coming up just after a "circuit breaker" created by schools, universities and some businesses having extended Christmas and New Year holidays.

Old firm fixture coming along soon too. A bit unpopular to suddenly restrict attendances for that one. 

It wouldn't surprise me though.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's a totally different debate.

I'm talking about her going down the whataboutery route every time she is asked a difficult question

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Let the bodies build high.

The Mighty Thor

That's a totally different debate.

I'm talking about her going down the whataboutery route every time she is asked a difficult question

I get that but what is it that you want her to say. She's fecked either way. 

27 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Moaaar hospitals.  Aye.  Let's tap into that plentiful reservoir of healthcare professionals to staff them hospitals. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Moaaar hospitals.  Aye.  Let's tap into that plentiful reservoir of healthcare professionals to staff them hospitals. 

Maybe we'd have more staff and funding for staff if those who by and large need the hospitals in regards to Covid didn't vote conservative and for Brexit in such numbers?

Frustratingly it's other people who are now paying for their selfishness. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well said Terry . All is forgiven , even yer dancing 

Terry 

If only the adults were allowed to sit at the front.

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We will have even less once they are sacked after April for not being vaccinated . Smart move ,not . 

I’m just actually struggling with this so called crisis ! Deaths rates down , ICU down and hospital admissions down . Crisis ? What crisis ? The “ reporting “ in the media is incredulous . 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m just actually struggling with this so called crisis ! Deaths rates down , ICU down and hospital admissions down . Crisis ? What crisis ? The “ reporting “ in the media is incredulous . 

I don't know why you are so glued to news when you dismiss it all anyway as it works you up

4 minutes ago, kila said:

I don't know why you are so glued to news when you dismiss it all anyway as it works you up

I didn’t watch it tonight ! Just reading what others are saying  on this . The point is I’m “ Not worked “ up . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I didn’t watch it tonight ! Just reading what others are saying  on this . The point is I’m “ Not worked “ up . 

59 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You’re coming across as very worked up though James. You’ve been posting full of anger and hyperbole all day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

You’re coming across as very worked up though James. You’ve been posting full of anger and hyperbole all day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

“ anger “ ? What a great skill you have there ! Able too assess someone’s frame of mind by their postings . Just incredible . You should bottle that ! 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Isn’t saying I’m “ angry “ a form of gaslighting ? Tut tut Alex 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic