Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, JamesM48 said:

“ anger “ ? What a great skill you have there ! Able too assess someone’s frame of mind by their postings . Just incredible . You should bottle that ! 

That’s how your posts read. Including this one above 👆🏻

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, JamesM48 said:

“ anger “ ? What a great skill you have there ! Able too assess someone’s frame of mind by their postings . Just incredible . You should bottle that ! 

It’s a form of gaslighting James. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

That’s how your posts read. Including this one above 👆🏻

You mean that’s how you interpret it ? There’s a difference . 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s a form of gaslighting James. 

It is . It’s used to discredit a persons views . By making   an assessment they are “ angry “ when posting , it invalidates the so called “ angry” person comments and makes them of less worth than others . 

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Tragic really . Even worse those dicks who have it as a banner on their Facebook profile “ I’m double vaccinated “ ! Big deal ! 

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Interesting graph and yes I know that the vaccinated are going to be higher in all areas cause more people are vaccinated . Just before some smart arse says it . 

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well that’s the clever and sneaky bit isn’t it ? For all we know those under 65 could all be 64 ! 

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You know it’s actually disgusting the language and threats he is using , again causing anxiety and worry to people who just want to get on with things and are . He needs to do one.

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Ill never be convinced that healthy people need it let alone children. In fact i consider that state sponsored abuse. We will have to disagree on this issue. 

Where is the individual responsibly to source what side effects or efficacy of the vaccine might be ? Do people need spoon fed all the time ?   

Its scandalous they are not fully opened and providing every service they used to before covid. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m just actually struggling with this so called crisis ! Deaths rates down , ICU down and hospital admissions down . Crisis ? What crisis ? The “ reporting “ in the media is incredulous . 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Isn’t saying I’m “ angry “ a form of gaslighting ? Tut tut Alex 

You seem angry and on edge. Glad you’ve confirmed you’re not 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Dearie me

749E0796-F4ED-4481-AA86-DB2ABB0EB7F6.gif

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

:rofl:

Moaaar hospitals.  Aye.  Let's tap into that plentiful reservoir of healthcare professionals to staff them hospitals. 

The freedoms of a country or lack  of measured against hospital beds indefinitely.

no thanks.

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

:gok:

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Let the bodies build high.

Maybe they could put them in a separate pile from the 90% non-covid bodies for extra emotive effect.

Edited by Rocco_Jambo

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The treasury has already knocked back her plea for money if she needs it.

Shutting down or restricting businesses with no financial help is suicide 

I trust my work, a UK based company,  will till her to bolt. The pant wetting over Omicron is pathetic. 

As one S. African scientist said, "there was no panic about Omicron until the UK found out about it".

Hospital numbers and deaths continue to fall in Scotland and England yet still we have this collective hysteria. 

Any news of any deaths from Omicron yet??

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I trust my work, a UK based company,  will till her to bolt. The pant wetting over Nicola Sturgeon is pathetic. 

As one S. African scientist said, "there was no panic about Omicron until the UK found out about it".

Hospital numbers and deaths continue to fall in Scotland and England yet still we have this collective hysteria. 

FTFY

Putin has come out with a belter of a troll.  Maybe aimed at anti-vaxxers.  He's floated the idea that (unnamed) scientists believe that Omicron might be an attenuated virus designed 'live vaccine'.  Hence all the milder symptoms,  etc.

It isn't of course.  It can't possibly be so due to the amount of hospital presentations,  albeit not critical.

Guid yin Mad Vlad.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

It is . It’s used to discredit a persons views . By making   an assessment they are “ angry “ when posting , it invalidates the so called “ angry” person comments and makes them of less worth than others . 

Just because you're angry doesn't mean that you are being invalidated by a person who points that out.  Angry people do make more errors and more misjudgements than calm people.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Just because you're angry doesn't mean that you are being invalidated by a person who points that out.  Angry people do make more errors and more misjudgements than calm people.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

But Im Not angry 😡 dearie me . I’m perfectly calm 

41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I trust my work, a UK based company,  will till her to bolt. The pant wetting over Omicron is pathetic. 

Well Said .

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

But Im Not angry 😡 dearie me . I’m perfectly calm 

James,  you're always raving about something.  Tbf likes.  

The remedy is to not rant and rave quite so much.  👍

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

James,  you're always raving about something.  Tbf likes.  

The remedy is to not rant and rave quite so much.  👍

Ok 👍😎😂

9BC8D4C9-D1BA-4A86-8C45-DD8AE54E4E9F.gif

So Omicron does look to be a highly transmissible variant, even potentially avoiding vaccines to a high degree. If it also turns out to cause less serious illness then we’ve definitely won a watch. 

(Watch analogy just for you Vic ☺️👍🏻)

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

So Omicron does look to be a highly transmissible variant, even potentially avoiding vaccines to a high degree. If it also turns out to cause less serious illness then we’ve definitely won a watch. 

A very small trial shows the Pfizer vaccine has taken a dull yin on antibody recognition.  Moderna was said to be better.  The T cell efficacy should persist though. 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Good lad.  I'm warming to James.  He just needs a mallet to the top of the skull every so often.  

An itsy bitsy one 👍🏻

“ all I know is this , nobody’s very big in the first place , and it looks to me like everyone spends their whole time tearing others down “ 

“ Man when you lose your laugh you lose your footing “

7B3F60D3-1956-4848-AD9B-530707BDA1DC.gif

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ all I know is this , nobody’s very big in the first place , and it looks to me like everyone spends their whole time tearing others down “ 

g0rs.gif

47 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

12 samples. They probably wouldn't even get that peer-reviewed.

This thread is like a highly sad and morbid version of the 'dot count' threads in the Terrace. Except instead of bums on seats it is bodies in morgues. Truly tragic.

The usual suspects will be getting a few hours shut eye (probably sleeping with masks on) before they get up and do it all over again. 

My life is not exactly a constant 18-30s booze cruise but **** me these covid warriors are something else.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread is like a highly sad and morbid version of the 'dot count' threads in the Terrace. Except instead of bums on seats it is bodies in morgues. Truly tragic.

The usual suspects will be getting a few hours shut eye (probably sleeping with masks on) before they get up and do it all over again. 

My life is not exactly a constant 18-30s booze cruise but **** me these covid warriors are something else.

Says the person with over a dozen posts on this thread today. 

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Says the person with over a dozen posts on this thread today. 

:facepalm:

Just bored as I am ill with the cold (remember them?). Also trying to keep it real. I'll maybe pop on tomorrow to see a fresh dot count - I am so excited. Interested to see how many cases in Balingrie Fife. Not like there are serious matters going on in the world.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just bored as I am ill with the cold (remember them?). Also trying to keep it real. I'll maybe pop on tomorrow to see a fresh dot count - I am so excited. Interested to see how many cases in Balingrie Fife. Not like there are serious matters going on in the world.

So everybody else is obsessed but you’re just bored. Don’t ever change i8 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Glad this thread is triggering you 😎

7 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

So everybody else is obsessed but you’re just bored. Don’t ever change i8 😂😂😂

Look at the content of the posts ffs.

10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

You’re coming across as very worked up though James. You’ve been posting full of anger and hyperbole all day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You are a very sly fella.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Look at the content of the posts ffs.

I’ve looked at the content of your posts. They’re full of obsessive, conspiratorial anger and vitriol.

The pro-choice,  pro-liberty I8 not so much respecting the choice/liberty of others to post what they choose to post.  The paradoxical fingerprint of the obsessive.

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The pro-choice,  pro-liberty I8 not so much respecting the choice/liberty of others to post what they choose to post.  The paradoxical fingerprint of the obsessive.

Damn those pro choice, pro liberty people and all their demands for freedom.

Excited for the day ahead Vic? A day of watching BBC News on 24 hour loop and analysing covid stats? If you are really lucky a new variant may be discovered in Cambodia for you to moisten your undies with. You could maybe listen to 'experts' about all the nuances with this new one.

Look ahead though, only 8 days 3 hours and 22 minutes till your next booster. You may get extra credit for this one as you will have  765, 986 jabs now compared to the second highest now.

Go you!

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about the 30,000 'new' flu variants every year pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about world death rates pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about vaccinations (for anything) pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about hospital beds pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about about any other person outside their inner circle pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about illness, virus and disease pre February 2020

= zero

I then ask this....why covid? What makes this so special? It is almost as if the deranged brainwashed masses of sheep are dedicating their entire lives to it and swallowing up everything that is drilled into them.

Cult anyone? 

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about the 30,000 'new' flu variants every year pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about world death rates pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about vaccinations (for anything) pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about hospital beds pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about about any other person outside their inner circle pre February 2020

= zero

Amount of ****s given by the covid crusaders about illness, virus and disease pre February 2020

= zero

I then ask this....why covid? What makes this so special? It is almost as if the deranged brainwashed masses of sheep are dedicating their entire lives to it and swallowing up everything that is drilled into them.

Cult anyone? 

Where does 30,000 new flu variants a year come from? 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Damn those pro choice, pro liberty people and all their demands for freedom.

Excited for the day ahead Vic? A day of watching BBC News on 24 hour loop and analysing covid stats? If you are really lucky a new variant may be discovered in Cambodia for you to moisten your undies with. You could maybe listen to 'experts' about all the nuances with this new one.

Look ahead though, only 8 days 3 hours and 22 minutes till your next booster. You may get extra credit for this one as you will have  765, 986 jabs now compared to the second highest now.

Go you!

Ignoring the sarcasm that's not a bad guess on the booster.  10 days.  

Might decide to post or read about anything interesting in relation to this thread topic.  

Here's a suggestion for you.  Come to terms with the fact that some people will continue discussing this topic on this thread.  They'll do it regardless of what you think about it.  Maybe consider starting an alternative thread where you can lay out all the rules about what can be discussed,  etc.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

Cult anyone? 

keyboard-rage.gif

26 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So party at Downing Street last Xmas when we were told Xmas was cancelled.

Who’s going to listen to them now.

I stopped listening to the slithering, spineless globalist cretins in all parliaments (Mickey Mouse Holyrood and the ***** in Westminster). Only one ray of sunshine and that is since leaving the EU there is not a third government trying to own my bollocks now.

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

So party at Downing Street last Xmas when we were told Xmas was cancelled.

Who’s going to listen to them now.

Christmas wasn't cancelled for me last year.

They're all the same, no matter what political party.

I'll no be listening to any of the cretins from any government

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Christmas wasn't cancelled for me last year.

They're all the same, no matter what political party.

I'll no be listening to any of the cretins from any government

You voted Tory didn't you?

44 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

= zero

Cult anyone? 

The irony in your posts in portraying people as brainwashed is remarkable.

In the last day you appear to be insinuating that Covid and Climate Change are hoaxes, orchestrated by a mass conspiracy involving all over the world, governments, scientists, journalists and the medical community.

Notwithstanding that you have no evidence of any of this, or indeed any whistleblowers to back this up (given the tens, nay hundreds of thousands of people involved, you'd expect someone to blow the whistle) it's you that is being played here.

The Libertarian think tanks who represent big business and corporate interests hate the idea of regulation, restrictions or constraints to making money.

So these bodies like the Koch Foundation, IEA etc. like to slip into public discourse the idea of lack of liberty, distrust of "experts", downplay the impact on the NHS (if it can't cope, then lets get private business involved) and the "libertarian" sheep lap it up whilst convincing themselves that they are open minded and have the inside track of the shadowy conspiracies going on.

If we can't trust the scientific community or those in the NHS, then we're free to make our own judgements based on whatever evidence aligns with our own confirmation bias and can never hold our hands up and say "Oops I got that wrong".

The vast majority of sane posters on this thread, understand that Covid isn't just some bad flu (2020 wants your 'hot' coronavirus take back), understand that some restrictions were required, understand that those restrictions did come with consequences, understand that governments and some companies take advantage of those restrictions; and don't just blindly swallow what the MSM feeds us without questioning it and doing some actual bloody research.

No one really wants restrictions to continue or cowers at the news of new variants, these are just tired old tropes to belittle people without offering any real evidence.

The truth is that you are just one of the useful idiot foot soldiers that these "libertarian" bodies easily sway with their BS disinformation and yet convince you that you have an open mind.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic