Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

On the positive side the pressure should be off the NHS if all the science deniers actually put their money where their mouths are and don't avail themselves of the NHS' medical services. 

You'd hope so, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they are the hypochondriacs who normally clog up A&E all the time or the self diagnosed experts whose read about it on the internet and can tell the doctor what's wrong with them.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Sturgeon floundering after falling foul of the now common error or saying one thing and then later saying you actually meant something else.

They really need to learn to say what they mean first time out.

'Nicola Sturgeon said the target was to offer first doses, not provide them, by July 26. In a Covid-19 update to parliament she had said the Government "expected" to have given second doses to all people in that age group by that date' 

Expecting something to happen that is at the behest of people taking it up through choice is never a smart move. The criticism is unwarranted though as to missing targets.

Target missed though to the detriment of the Scottish people 

Back to 2005
38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't say people who are anti lockdown are thick. 

I am saying that the thick ****s who applauded the other thick ****s on stage at the rally for your chaps, are thick as utter ****. And on the same side as you.

The idiots they thought deserved a mic! 😂

Is there anything else I've said that you'd like to misrepresent?

What side am I meant to be on? The side of personal freedom and personal choice. How amusing this annoys you so much.

As I've said umpteen times the speakers don't speak for me. Most people would have turned up unaware there were even going to be speakers as they have never had any on any recent marches to the next of my knowledge. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Manchester United footballer George Best drinking during a visit to... News  Photo - Getty ImagesU.K. like I said “if not too damaged “ Best was a Chronic alcoholic . RML has a pint or two I believe 

On 23/07/2021 at 18:29, JamesM48 said:

Yes maybe not then , can’t be the only one as never heard anyone test themselves twice per week . Unless they had to self isolate 

I've been testing myself twice a week from about March.

Every test has been negative so far so no need to self-isolate. I'll also continue to wear a mask indoors and maintain social distancing. If I DO have it and am asymptomatic then I want to know so that I can keep other people safe.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Every test has been negative so far so no need to self-isolate. I'll also continue to wear a mask indoors and maintain social distancing. If I DO have it and am asymptomatic then I want to know so that I can keep other people safe.

👍

OmiyaHearts

Had a look at booking flights to Germany at the end of the month as I have a week off work.

Total nightmare trying to arrange tests here and over there. Nevermind the extra cost and the risk of testing positive before flight home, it's all just too much hassle.

I was hoping there was some sort of relaxation for double vaccinated but it would appear 'relaxed' doesn't mean very much. Can't even imagine when I'll get on holiday again, and I usually go away 4 or 5 times a year. Pretty gutted about it tbh

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Had a look at booking flights to Germany at the end of the month as I have a week off work.

Total nightmare trying to arrange tests here and over there. Nevermind the extra cost and the risk of testing positive before flight home, it's all just too much hassle.

I was hoping there was some sort of relaxation for double vaccinated but it would appear 'relaxed' doesn't mean very much. Can't even imagine when I'll get on holiday again, and I usually go away 4 or 5 times a year. Pretty gutted about it tbh

I haven’t been to my place in Spain for 2 years. I used to go 3 times a year at least..

We’re all gutted bud. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's just not worth the hassle.

I've just written off going abroad this year.

Footballfirst
58 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are you saying it can distinguish between flu and covid? 

It says "the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of Sars CoV2 only"

So the test only detects Covid.  It doesn't detect influenza.

It then goes on to encourage labs to implement tests that can detect and differentiate between Covid and influenza viruses, the benefit being that it saves time and resources by doing a single test rather than individual tests for Covid and influenza.  

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It's just not worth the hassle.

I've just written off going abroad this year.

I’m same. CBFA with the hassle just now. 
Fingers crossed next year it’s less myther🤞🏼

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

👍

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I haven’t been abroad since Roma in June 2019 ! I won’t book anything yet as I can’t be arsed with the testing palaver here or there etc and the costs . 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I haven’t been abroad since Roma in June 2019 ! I won’t book anything yet as I can’t be arsed with the testing palaver here or there etc and the costs . 

Yeah we’re all in the same boat pal I just cbfa with all the carry on atm either.

Let’s hope things get better. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah we’re all in the same boat pal I just cbfa with all the carry on atm either.

Let’s hope things get better. 

Here’s hoping 👍 ill

do staycations just now less hassle 

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Here’s hoping 👍 ill

do staycations just now less hassle 

Aye but prices seemingly mental here.

Was speaking to my mate in glasgow today him and his wife tried to get a caravan in Craig Tara and was quoted £1500 for a week :lol: the old butlins! You have to book spots in the pool and the restaurants etc. 
Im just holidaying in mussy this year☺️

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was speaking to my mate in glasgow today him and his wife tried to get a caravan in Craig Tara and was quoted £1500 for a week :lol: the old butlins! You have to book spots in the pool and the restaurants etc. 

out of curiosity i checked seton sands for 7 days covering end of august beginning of september. prices ranged from £1350 to £1650. thats what £200 a night. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

out of curiosity i checked seton sands for 7 days covering end of august beginning of september. prices ranged from £1350 to £1650. thats what £200 a night. 

It’s nuts. He got a week in Madeira for £900. They’re all double jabbed so I’ll see what he says after the event. He’s away Thursday. 

17 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nah, the anti-vaxxers here are the Wakefield yummy mummy types who are so well off that they are angst ridden and seek out causes and other holistic "medicine". As part of eschewing disposable nappies and the other virtue signals that they go through, vaccination is seen as unnatural because their "life coach" or other such has advised them that the body should be pure. Idiots.

My wife is a particular fan of the policy around childhood vaccination here - "no jab, no pay", meaning no child benefits if you don't get them jabbed. In VIC, we also have "no play" added to that, meaning you can't send them to childcare. Quite right too!

That "smell my Goop anti-vax" thing is an American phenomenon as well.

Around here, they're just toerags.  There's a part of me that would like to do the "no jab, no pay, no play" thing, but I'm uncomfortable with it.  Are kids who haven't had their jabs blocked from school?

Nucky Thompson

Some folk are paying the rip off prices, turning up and not being able to book into places.

If you are lucky enough to get booked in, the bars and restaurants could be shut on any given day due to staff isolating.

Haggerston Castle is a nightmare for holiday makers just now, I feel sorry for them.

The management don't give a feck about caravan owners as well because they have a waiting list for plots for potential new owners.

Folk are desperate and are paying well over the odds.

Site fees are up 40% for new owners. Pure greed

I think I would rather take my chances in Spain

13 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

tragic but interesting point about the “ black or brown” “collateral damage”

UNICEF amongst others are advising that there’s going to vast numbers of the very thing due to covid lockdowns and the like worsening an already critical hunger situation

If poorer countries don't get their hands on vaccines soon they'll end up with massive numbers of deaths one way or the other.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Some folk are paying the rip off prices, turning up and not being able to book into places.

If you are lucky enough to get booked in, the bars and restaurants could be shut on any given day due to staff isolating.

Haggerston Castle is a nightmare for holiday makers just now, I feel sorry for them.

The management don't give a feck about caravan owners as well because they have a waiting list for plots for potential new owners.

Folk are desperate and are paying well over the odds.

Site fees are up 40% for new owners. Pure greed

I think I would rather take my chances in Spain

Im hoping by sept/Oct I can maybe get out to my place. Most things seem open and fairly normal there just now. That can actually be the worst time too as it gets cooler and people all head over to play golf but I’ll see how things go. 
Fingers crossed anyway but if it’s next year it’s next year I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Yep. Testing twice a week with lft and once a week with pcr - that's the rules for work.   

10 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

I shared it as a point for discussion. This is surely the point of forum. Or do we all just post smiley emojis? 

It's not a point for discussion.  It's some oul' Twitter shite created by a fella who has missed the point completely, and posted on here by someone who doesn't understand the issues and has no analysis or reflection of his own to offer to, wait for it, a discussion.  It's the same two-bit guff we see when some conspiracy lover posts a three-hour "WTC thermite bang bang demolition hurr hurr" video with no comment or analysis and says "just watch the video and you'll understand".

Governments and central banks are getting into digital currencies, and that is especially true of the big economies and the big traded currencies.  Otherwise, they're out of the loop and missing opportunities.  The conspiracy, such as it is, is easy to see because it's right there in front of us.

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s a joke ! Nowt wrong with the honest toun ! 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I moved my holidays to end of September as thought being double vaccinated we could get away no bother but from what I’m reading it seems a nightmare to get away 

No danger would I book a holiday and have to test when away… I’d be shitting myself incase I tested positive when away and couldn’t relax 

Surely they can’t go on like this as no one would go away again 

Stuck at home end of September start of October with our weather is my worst nightmare 

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Around here, they're just toerags.  There's a part of me that would like to do the "no jab, no pay, no play" thing, but I'm uncomfortable with it.  Are kids who haven't had their jabs blocked from school?

That will be next !( schools ) 

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

No, they can go to school. The focus is early years childcare and kinder. Hence why it's a yummy mummy phenomenon. They can afford to look after their precious sprogs without that support.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s a joke ! Nowt wrong with the honest toun ! 

Correct. I’m the patron saint of fisherow too👍🏼

Fitzroy Pointon
37 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We were at Craig Tara for a week in July. Managed to get a private luxury van for £350 for the week as my mrs knows the owners. I would never have paid the prices people are being quoted just now. 

Heard from loads of people that they can't get booked into the swimming, restaurants or discos with the kids. Imagine trying to entertain them for a week after paying those prices for a van? Luckily our wee one isn't arsed about swimming or discos yet and was happy with a paddling pool on the decking, the sand pit and swings and a trip to Heads of Ayr Farm Park. Add in a trip into Ayr for the day and nice weather and it made for an enjoyable week. But there was a lot of moaning kids and stressed out parents about. 

That was the week before the schools stopped as well. Imagine the carnage during the holidays. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We were at Craig Tara for a week in July. Managed to get a private luxury van for £350 for the week as my mrs knows the owners. I would never have paid the prices people are being quoted just now. 

Heard from loads of people that they can't get booked into the swimming, restaurants or discos with the kids. Imagine trying to entertain them for a week after paying those prices for a van? Luckily our wee one isn't arsed about swimming or discos yet and was happy with a paddling pool on the decking, the sand pit and swings and a trip to Heads of Ayr Farm Park. Add in a trip into Ayr for the day and nice weather and it made for an enjoyable week. But there was a lot of moaning kids and stressed out parents about. 

That was the week before the schools stopped as well. Imagine the carnage during the holidays. 

I went there in my early 20’s for a September weekend and had a ball tbf. 
Wee chalet with the lads. Done a bit business with some weegie tart. Great time had by all. 

Fitzroy Pointon
14 minutes ago, theshed said:

I moved my holidays to end of September as thought being double vaccinated we could get away no bother but from what I’m reading it seems a nightmare to get away 

No danger would I book a holiday and have to test when away… I’d be shitting myself incase I tested positive when away and couldn’t relax 

Surely they can’t go on like this as no one would go away again 

Stuck at home end of September start of October with our weather is my worst nightmare 

Hopefully it changes to just double jabbed as the whole test things seems like a headf***. Due to go away in March (rearranged from this March) and can't be arsed with the hassle. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Wee chalet with the lads. Done a bit business with some weegie tart. Great time had by all. 

Lol oh so classy 😂

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Some of the chalets are still there and still plenty of young'uns cutting about. The smell of weed in the air was palpable :laugh:

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im hoping by sept/Oct I can maybe get out to my place. Most things seem open and fairly normal there just now. That can actually be the worst time too as it gets cooler and people all head over to play golf but I’ll see how things go. 
Fingers crossed anyway but if it’s next year it’s next year I suppose. 

I'm planning heading over in Sept too. 55% double jabbed and, according to reports, all but 4% of the population intend taking the vaccine.

France likely to come off the Amber + list next week as they judge Beta to be contained with the expectation it will be out-competed by Delta throughout Europe,  within a few weeks.

Spain and Greece v.unlikely to be classed as Alpha +. 

I think Spain will be in a good place come Sept. Certainly hope so.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye, I'd bet loads of blokes have got the same kind of memories after a weekend at Butlins Ayr :lol:

The USA have reconfirmed their ban on people entering the country.  Looking like my florida trip in November will be cancelled shortly for second year in a row. You just can't look forward to it. Just hoping the flight gets cancelled now so I am not left with 3 weeks holiday to take in the UK in November.  Although the caravans will be cheap then 🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57976015.amp

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm planning heading over in Sept too. 55% double jabbed and, according to reports, all but 4% of the population intend taking the vaccine.

France likely to come off the Amber + list next week as they judge Beta to be contained with the expectation it will be out-competed by Delta throughout Europe,  within a few weeks.

Spain and Greece v.unlikely to be classed as Alpha +. 

I think Spain will be in a good place come Sept. Certainly hope so.

Let’s hope so pal. I try to to not take anything too serious anymore with reports for and against and try keep my head. I hate the saying but it is what it is. We are where we are. 
I hope this year. But if not then let’s hope next. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Some of the chalets are still there and still plenty of young'uns cutting about. The smell of weed in the air was palpable :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye, I'd bet loads of blokes have got the same kind of memories after a weekend at Butlins Ayr :lol:

Honestly was one of the best weekends of my youth. Had an absolute ball. 

Rodger Mellie
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I’m visiting Scotland from the US for 12 days in September. It looks like I’ll have to have 6 PCR tests overall. 1 pre -departure, test day 2, 5 and 8, another pre-departure test and one 3-5 days on my return to the US. I will also have to self isolate for 10 days on arrival in Scotland, despite being double vaccinated! Cannae wait 😄

Honestly was one of the best weekends of my youth. Had an absolute ball. 

Was there for a weekend myself in my early 20s and had a great time 

Now I’ve just turned 50 you’d no get me to go there even if the drink was free for a week 😂

16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, they can go to school. The focus is early years childcare and kinder. Hence why it's a yummy mummy phenomenon. They can afford to look after their precious sprogs without that support.

In most countries, school is mandatory while preschool isn't, which probably explains that.  I remember reading an article (sorry, can't recall where, but probably the BBC, the Guardian, or the Irish Times) which pointed out an "invisible" effect of the measles vaccine introduced in the late 1960s.  In the years following its introduction, deaths in children from several diseases fell, even though the vaccine wasn't effective against those diseases.  Why?  Because measles infections, even where there was a complete recovery, weakened the immune system for up to two years, and that created opportunities for other diseases to affect the children.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

In most countries, school is mandatory while preschool isn't, which probably explains that.  I remember reading an article (sorry, can't recall where, but probably the BBC, the Guardian, or the Irish Times) which pointed out an "invisible" effect of the measles vaccine introduced in the late 1960s.  In the years following its introduction, deaths in children from several diseases fell, even though the vaccine wasn't effective against those diseases.  Why?  Because measles infections, even where there was a complete recovery, weakened the immune system for up to two years, and that created opportunities for other diseases to affect the children.

Indeed.

Rusted on anti-vaxxers are beyond hope. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mussy lads have class how dare you :lol: 

Lol 😂 

JudyJudyJudy

Never went to a holiday camp until I was an adult . We were too poor (awe) but had great times there as an adult with my mum and other family members at seton sands . Got ready for the bingo at 6 then it was the “ entertainment “ after and the disco . Used to get lost trying to find the caravan once we were half cut later on. . Happy memories 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic