Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

"At the Nuremberg Trials, the doctors and nurses stood trial. And they hung.."

Applause

The thing to bear in mind when engaging with the bangers is this;

They're following the science of Gillian McKeith, Laurence Fox, Right Said Fred, Katie Hopkins. 

If you have that in your head when reading the latest science denying, conspiracy bollocks then it all becomes clear. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeffros Furios

The conspiracy anti vax tinfoil heids need rounded up stuck on an island .

Then nuke the ****ers .

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The conspiracy anti vax tinfoil heids need rounded up stuck on an island .

Then nuke the ****ers .

:yas: 

No holidays, no nightclubs, no football stadiums or other crowded places for the bammers.

I might even go to a nightclub in September, just because I can :smugger:

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:yas: 

No holidays, no nightclubs, no football stadiums or other crowded places for the bammers.

I might even go to a nightclub in September, just because I can :smugger:

Yip. Can't wait to get back to the Grab-a-Granny club nights. Probably won't be the only one from this board tbf😂

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Y'all ain't injecting that Satanic vaccine into me - you have no idea what's in it.

i) Thinks vaccines contain microchips AND antennas 🙄
ii) Has clearly had botulism and at the very least lip-fillers injected into her face on numerous occasions 🙄

On a serious note, no surprise that the conspiracy crap is being fronted by a blonde straight out of the Fox News playbook. These rallies were co-ordinated - was it the alt-right ie Steve Bannon types or is this more KGB-style propaganda from the Russian server farms? 

Either way, people dig further into this and, as the US's unbelievably polarised politics shows, its hard to extricate the vulnerable and gullible who are played and conned into following this stuff - flat earth and simple anti-masks or vaccine hesitancy is capitalised on, with the more subtle conspiracy crap used as a gateway in.

There's serious money behind this and it is a threat to the stability of western democracies. 

cunt.jpg

This ia an interview with her son from last year. Poor guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-54669239

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:42:

Drink is the devil ! Ok too much is the devil 👿 😂 I only had a bottle of wine and 4 cans ! Not used to it now 😂

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. Can't wait to get back to the Grab-a-Granny club nights. Probably won't be the only one from this board tbf😂

Lol I miss my nights out at “ Club Tropicana “ ! It’s def grab a granny or grandad might there ! Thank god 😎

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol I miss my nights out at “ Club Tropicana “ ! It’s def grab a granny or grandad might there ! Thank god 😎

This is definitely something we can agree on 👀

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, LMc said:

This is definitely something we can agree on 👀

😂😂 aye it’s a good age range of people and unpretentious too . Always have a good night in there . I better get my dancing shoes out the closet soon hopefully 🙏 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Drink is the devil ! Ok too much is the devil 👿 😂 I only had a bottle of wine and 4 cans ! Not used to it now 😂

I know the feeling but it's great at the time.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I know the feeling but it's great at the time.

Very true ! Wasted day today 👍😎

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true ! Wasted day today 👍😎

When I drank water today I'm sure my liver got a fright.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

When I drank water today I'm sure my liver got a fright.

Don’t worry the liver can regenerate ! If not too damaged 👍

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Don’t worry the liver can regenerate ! If not too damaged 👍

True.

Back to 2005
5 hours ago, XB52 said:

So now I know 2005's real name. Although to be fair there are a couple of other posters in the frame

For what it's worth i think the choice of speakers at the London march was badly misjudged. This sort of stuff is a gift from the gods for the lockdown enthusiasts.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

For what it's worth i think the choice of speakers at the London march was badly misjudged. This sort of stuff is a gift from the gods for the lockdown enthusiasts.

👍

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I am against hard lockdowns, stupid rules that don't make sense and political grandstanding, but I took the vaccine and I'll wear a mask in shops to make people around me feel at ease.

The speakers at that march were total head banging bampots

52 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I've still to meet this fabled lockdown enthusiast. Where does he/she live?

Back to 2005
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I am against hard lockdowns, stupid rules that don't make sense and political grandstanding, but I took the vaccine and I'll wear a mask in shops to make people around me feel at ease.

The speakers at that march were total head banging bampots

I am not anti vaxx. I am pro choice. Masks where introduced to increase the fear without any scientific benefit so for that reason I have never worn one.

I've not heard all the speakers but I've no time for that former nurse.

99% of the people there would be there because they are rightly concerned that they are being coerced in to taking a vaccine that they feel they do not need or are concerned about the risks of taking it as well as being extremely concerned that covid is being used as an excuse to introduce controls on our lives. Conspiracy theory? Well this week we have government wanting to introduce a passport, remove cash and monitor what everyone eats.

Back to 2005
19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Try BBC and sky news for starters.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I've not heard all the speakers but I've no time for that former nurse.

99% of the people there would be there because they are rightly concerned that they are being coerced in to taking a vaccine that they feel they do not need or are concerned about the risks of taking it as well as being extremely concerned that covid is being used as an excuse to introduce controls on our lives. Conspiracy theory? Well this week we have government wanting to introduce a passport, remove cash and monitor what everyone eats.

I’d respectfully disagree. Almost everyone at those matches is an utter bampot. 
Right wing lunatics and conspiracy nutcases. 
Anything where that crazed ex nurse woman, Katie Hopkins and anyone Icke turns up and you go along I’m sorry but you’re seriously for the watching. Theyre in need of help imo but it’s already too late. 

Edited by jack D and coke

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I am not anti vaxx. I am pro choice.  LETS GUESS WHICH WAY YOU "CHOSE" AND WHAT BULLSHIT YOU BASED YOUR DECISION ON 

Masks where introduced to increase the fear without any scientific benefit so for that reason I have never worn one. WRONG https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

I've not heard all the speakers but I've no time for that former nurse. FLY WITH THE CROWS, GET SHOT DOWN WITH THE CROWS. SHE IS JUST THE LOGICAL OUTCOME OF ALL YOUR CONSPIRACIES - AND THERE'S BAD MONEY BEHIND THESE RALLIES AND SPEAKERS

99% of the people there would be there because they are rightly concerned that they are being coerced in to taking a vaccine that they feel they do not need or are concerned about the risks of taking it as well as being extremely concerned that covid is being used as an excuse to introduce controls on our lives. Conspiracy theory?

Well this week we have government wanting to introduce a passport, MOOTED AT START OF PANDEMIC - NOT A CONSPIRACY. PASSPORTS AND VACCINATION STATUS FOR OTHER DISEASES  ALREADY REQUIRED FOR VISTING MANY COUNTRIES

remove cash CITATION PLEASE 

and monitor what everyone eats. I THOUGHT THE VACCINE MONITORED US ANYWAY ;)

Back to 2005
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d respectfully disagree. Almost everyone at those matches is an utter bampot. 
Right wing lunatics and conspiracy nutcases. 
Anything where that crazed ex nurse woman, Katie Hopkins and anyone Icke turns up and you go along I’m sorry but you’re seriously for the watching. Theyre in need of help imo but it’s already too late. 

What's your evidence that the people that go are right wing lunatics? What's right wing about wanting liberty restored? While I said the speakers were poorly judged you're miles off with this assumption which I guess makes some of the uncomfortable truths more palatable.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

What's your evidence that the people that go are right wing lunatics? What's right wing about wanting liberty restored? While I said the speakers were poorly judged you're miles off with this assumption which I guess makes some of the uncomfortable truths more palatable.

The interview with her son for one. Look at the people who speak?
Absolute head bangers the lot of them. 
We all want liberty restored but in my opinion you have to believe what you’re being told. The alternative is believing weird stuff and taking people down all sorts of rabbit holes. 
Once you’re down there you aren’t coming back. It’s a life of utter **** wittery looking for plots everywhere. No thanks. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Oh he’s obsessed with right wing / left wing , never stops going on about it . The irony is the “ Left wing “ If we can even call the Labour Party that now have just rolled over in the 16 months and agreed to all the draconian measures/ restrictions / lack of freedoms without a peep 👀’ no wonder people are turning to so called “ right wing” spokespeople to speak out ! No one else is . 

Edited by JamesM48

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh he’s obsessed with right wing / left wing , never stops going on about it . The irony is the “ Left wing “ If we can even call the Labour Party that now have just rolled over in the 16 months and agreed to all the draconian measures/ restrictions / lack of freedoms without a peep 👀’ no wonder people are turning to so called “ right wing” spokespeople to speak out ! No one else is . 

I’m obsessed with right wing/left wing? 

Back to 2005
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Guess all you want about my vaccine status. It is of course none of your business.

The mask link.....try reading it. It's basically saying that they introduced masks because they thought it was the right thing to do in a pandemic.

Are there any countries that previously insisted that you must have a vaccine in its trial period before you could enter?

Citation...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821855/amp/Rishi-Sunak-plans-replace-cash-official-digital-currency.html?__twitter_impression=true

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m obsessed with right wing/left wing? 

No not u ! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Oh there are plenty of them in this city.

Back to 2005
20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The interview with her son for one. Look at the people who speak?
Absolute head bangers the lot of them. 
We all want liberty restored but in my opinion you have to believe what you’re being told. The alternative is believing weird stuff and taking people down all sorts of rabbit holes. 
Once you’re down there you aren’t coming back. It’s a life of utter **** wittery looking for plots everywhere. No thanks. 

You are talking about 1 person though. I don't think she is in any way reflective of people that are anti lockdown and anti vaccine passport. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You are talking about 1 person though. I don't think she is in any way reflective of people that are anti lockdown and anti vaccine passport. 

Every single person who went to that or go to those things are loonys mate. That woman was joined by a multitude of complete roasters, David Icke’s son etc. I had the Twitter feed of speakers but I can’t find it atm. The people who go long are calling the vast majority sheep when it’s them that’s been got at. Some hairdresser or joiner off their Facebook has started posting absolute shite and they’ve bought it. I know a few who are good people but they’ve started to believe some of this stuff. 
It’s difficult nigh impossible to bring them back I don’t try anymore they get deleted and left alone. 
Nobody wants lockdowns or vaccines or passports but I don’t see what else we can do. Roasters gonna roast. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Every single person who went to that or go to those things are loonys mate. That woman was joined by a multitude of complete roasters, David Icke’s son etc. I had the Twitter feed of speakers but I can’t find it atm. The people who go long are calling the vast majority sheep when it’s them that’s been got at. Some hairdresser or joiner off their Facebook has started posting absolute shite and they’ve bought it. I know a few who are good people but they’ve started to believe some of this stuff. 
It’s difficult nigh impossible to bring them back I don’t try anymore they get deleted and left alone. 
Nobody wants lockdowns or vaccines or passports but I don’t see what else we can do. Roasters gonna roast. 

I actually disagree with that. "Loonies" make up a sizeable proportion but I would also say that the disaffected who have lost income and businesses are also attending, not necessarily in significant numbers, but enough to swell the crowds. Batshit mentalists like this muppet make it easy to label the attendees in the same fashion.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually disagree with that. "Loonies" make up a sizeable proportion but I would also say that the disaffected who have lost income and businesses are also attending, not necessarily in significant numbers, but enough to swell the crowds. Batshit mentalists like this muppet make it easy to label the attendees in the same fashion.

Disaffected don’t listen to any of the Icke family or that crazy woman surely? 
With half a brain and she started going off youd get the feck out of there surely??

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

With half a brain and she started going off youd get the feck out of there surely??

I've not watched footage but you might watch for car crash value if nothing else.

Back to 2005
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You don't see what else we can do? How about not discriminate and not lockdown.  

Calling thousands of people loonies because you don't agree with them is kind of indicative of where we are heading.

jack D and coke
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've not watched footage but you might watch for car crash value if nothing else.

Oh she’s car crash alright :lol: 

Farage had a reporter at one last week and they had to cut the interview as a woman screamed scum at the top of her lungs and another shouting peado protectors. 
You dig into this, deep down it’s Q-anon and the peado stuff. 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

👍

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

You don't see what else we can do? How about not discriminate and not lockdown.  

Calling thousands of people loonies because you don't agree with them is kind of indicative of where we are heading.

I don’t see what else we can do when they alternative voices are this mental yeah. There aren’t really any sensible people to listen to for the alternative. Imo the govts are doing it right we’re opening up again slowly and we have to try to see where it goes and hope with enough people vaccinated it becomes less of a concern. 
Nobidy wants lockdowns. Nobody wants to wear masks or get injections or anything else but you have to do your bit imo or this never ends. It doesn’t end with listening to utter fruitcakes thinking it’s a paedo cover up and a global reset and all the rest. 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I wish that was true but this isn't how it works, I don't think. She'll, like the chiropracters and "internet Doctors", appear to have authority - ex-NHS, now breaking ranks - see, we knew they were up to something. Even if they google to find out, there will be 20 more articles for every rebuttal, so they'll quickly - since they aren't likely to digest research papers if they are doing their "research" on youtube or conspiracy sites, have their beliefs - even the newer, more ridiculous or more hate-filled ones, backed up. I think it only takes a few pieces of evidence to affirm a belief we hold. 

Plenty people have watched a video or two on youtube and the algorithm then served them up more of the same until they exist entirely in that small echo chamber.
Seems to work even more effectively in Facebook groups where sponsored propaganda and conspiracies gain massive traction and shares.

There's a good article on how the likes of Fox News and 24/7 news channels help to suck people into a particular way of thinking, continually hammering away with the same ideas and topics whilst making their audience feel good when they "own the libs": https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/12/fox-news-brain-meet-the-families-torn-apart-by-toxic-cable-news

This stuff really has been weaponised. 

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Who do you think would have been better speakers to have at the London march? 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I wish that was true but this isn't how it works, I don't think. She'll, like the chiropracters and "internet Doctors", appear to have authority - ex-NHS, now breaking ranks - see, we knew they were up to something. Even if they google to find out, there will be 20 more articles for every rebuttal, so they'll quickly - since they aren't likely to digest research papers if they are doing their "research" on youtube or conspiracy sites, have their beliefs - even the newer, more ridiculous or more hate-filled ones, backed up. I think it only takes a few pieces of evidence to affirm a belief we hold. 

Plenty people have watched a video or two on youtube and the algorithm then served them up more of the same until they exist entirely in that small echo chamber.
Seems to work even more effectively in Facebook groups where sponsored propaganda and conspiracies gain massive traction and shares.

There's a good article on how the likes of Fox News and 24/7 news channels help to suck people into a particular way of thinking, continually hammering away with the same ideas and topics whilst making their audience feel good when they "own the libs": https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/apr/12/fox-news-brain-meet-the-families-torn-apart-by-toxic-cable-news

This stuff really has been weaponised. 

Crazy…
The algorithms that feed us is so toxic there really needs to be something done before we’ve went past a point of just not knowing what’s true or believing a single thing we’re told again. We’re headed for utter chaos. Thousands of experts in their field can tell you something but if someone has watched a few YouTube videos or listened to a podcast then it’s now them that know the real truth and you don’t. Mental…

7 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Y'all ain't injecting that Satanic vaccine into me - you have no idea what's in it.

i) Thinks vaccines contain microchips AND antennas 🙄
ii) Has clearly had botulism and at the very least lip-fillers injected into her face on numerous occasions 🙄

On a serious note, no surprise that the conspiracy crap is being fronted by a blonde straight out of the Fox News playbook. These rallies were co-ordinated - was it the alt-right ie Steve Bannon types or is this more KGB-style propaganda from the Russian server farms? 

Either way, people dig further into this and, as the US's unbelievably polarised politics shows, its hard to extricate the vulnerable and gullible who are played and conned into following this stuff - flat earth and simple anti-masks or vaccine hesitancy is capitalised on, with the more subtle conspiracy crap used as a gateway in.

There's serious money behind this and it is a threat to the stability of western democracies. 

cunt.jpg

I always thought Garry Shandling deserved a statue - ****ing loved that guy. Impressively lifelike though. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Crazy…
The algorithms that feed us is so toxic there really needs to be something done before we’ve went past a point of just not knowing what’s true or believing a single thing we’re told again. We’re headed for utter chaos. Thousands of experts in their field can tell you something but if someone has watched a few YouTube videos or listened to a podcast then it’s now them that know the real truth and you don’t. Mental…

The problem is thousands of experts have all been telling us different things and lurching from one thing to the next as each week passes.

There's good reason for that in most instances but the problem is they tell us with such definitive confidence that when they then come back and tell us something at odds with that also with such confidence then people lose faith in what their saying and look elsewhere and end up filling their head's with rot.

Jeffros Furios
16 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Who do you think would have been better speakers to have at the London march? 

Piers Corbyn and Tommy Robinson 😀

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The problem is thousands of experts have all been telling us different things and lurching from one thing to the next as each week passes.

There's good reason for that in most instances but the problem is they tell us with such definitive confidence that when they then come back and tell us something at odds with that also with such confidence then people lose faith in what their saying and look elsewhere and end up filling their head's with rot.

Yeah it’s been a moving target that’s for sure. 
You can’t ever start listening to complete crackpots though. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it’s been a moving target that’s for sure. 
You can’t ever start listening to complete crackpots though. 

To be fair, received wisdom wrote off Galileo as a crackpot. Edward Jenner took some time to convince people of the theory of vaccination too. The point being that people don't think critically anymore, which is sad in itself. Take the mask debate. Any improvement in reducing spread with masks is based on observational data. There's no true control group study that you can point that statistically proves that masks are the causation of reduced spread. However, to question that now suggests that you are being chucked in with the "let it rip" brigade.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair, received wisdom wrote off Galileo as a crackpot. Edward Jenner took some time to convince people of the theory of vaccination too. The point being that people don't think critically anymore, which is sad in itself. Take the mask debate. Any improvement in reducing spread with masks is based on observational data. There's no true control group study that you can point that statistically proves that masks are the causation of reduced spread. However, to question that now suggests that you are being chucked in with the "let it rip" brigade.

When the hell did people ever think critically?

For most of human history, most people weren't educated, which didn't really matter because most people only ever got to live lives that were nasty, brutish and short.

Then sometime in the 19th century countries that were developing industrially discovered education for the masses.  Except they didn't really.  They devised a method of teaching which was in essence designed to impart the basics to the masses so that they could function more effectively as units of production.  But almost no education system on the planet is actually designed to give people the tools and techniques needed to think critically, to reflect, and to develop insights into the data in front of them. 

In effect, most people have to develop their own critical thinking skills, or else acquire them by some form of accidental osmosis from somewhere else.  Which means it's all pot luck, and the chances are that more people are going to miss the target than will hit it.

And also: For feck sake, Geoff.  There are complete charlatans out there, people with no relevant expertise or learning whatsoever who are feeding lies, half-truths and miscalculations to a combination of the incapable, the bigoted and the pissed off.  Perhaps they're nasty pieces of work (I prefer this explanation).  Perhaps they're well-intentioned (I don't prefer this explanation).  But they are not Jenner, and they are not Galileo.

In Ireland, the people who are leading the charge against masks, against our pace of opening up the economy, and against vaccines are well-known faces - and frankly, well-known begrudgers and losers.  They are the same people who have opposed every liberalisation of Irish society and the Irish economy for the last 20 years, combined with the same xenophobes who target our Central European and African population and say they should be sent home, and the same head-the-balls who said we should let all our banks collapse and renege on our debts in 2010.  They include a minuscule "right" with documented connections to the far right in the UK, France, Germany and Italy, and an even tinier mad hyper-nationalist "left" mainly made up of extreme dissident Republicans.

If some sensible people get caught up in their shenanigans  because of their desperation or annoyance, we should empathise with that.  But it's also reasonable to observe that if you lie down with dogs you've little to moan about if you wake up with a desperate need to scratch yourself.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic