• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Lord BJ said:

If it’s not I’m moving! 

How is the freedom down south. Everything back to normal? Do you still have to use test and trace in restraunts? 

Its not massively different, most people still wearing masks in certain situations but it's nice to know when you jump in your car that if you've forgotten your mask it's no big deal. I've still be wearing mine if I'm attending something where they ask that you wear one if possible (supermarket aside as I'm rural and there's hardly ever anyone in my local Tesco).

Went out for a meal with 12 people on Sunday but other than that I've not really done anything yet that I couldn't before. I think it's more just an overall feeling that you don't need to stress about rules all the time. 

I've got a restriction free wedding this weekend so it will probably be the first noticeably different thing.

It will happen in Scotland I'm sure, the pressure will be overwhelming if they kick it too far down the road.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Surged ahead"🤣🤣🤣

When England, with a higher percentage of fully vaccinated adults , finish their programme, Scotland will still be vaccinating the eligible cohorts.👍 

There is no logistical reason why both countries vaccination programmes could not be finished in about 6 weeks or even less from now, possibly even on the same day. Both countries have been operating drop ins without appointments for weeks now and any discrepancy in percentages of uptake at the end is purely down to the number of people who didn’t want to, or couldn’t be arsed getting vaccinated . How long do you keep a programme running when it’s clear you’ve given every opportunity to everyone to be vaccinated and they haven’t taken it ?

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

England may complete their programme before Scotland, but only because their take up rate at most age groups is behind that of Scotland. 

At the end of its programme Scotland will have double dosed a higher percentage of their "eligible cohorts".

Footballfirst is factually correct.  The English approach has not been as robust in capturing the older and medical cohorts as the Scots approach

2 hours ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Delighted with this news! Visiting Scotland for 12 days in September and didn’t fancy self-isolating for 10 of them. Media over here in the US reporting that the rules will not be changing anytime soon, due to the low vaccination uptake in some states and the worry of the Delta variant,

Genuinely delighted for you but seems odd I probably won't get to florida in November but anyone can come here when our vaccination rates are better. 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

If it’s not I’m moving! 

How is the freedom down south. Everything back to normal? Do you still have to use test and trace in restraunts? 

Never used or asked to use track and trace once when I was down in London and Brighton last week. Many bars and restaurants were visited. 

Just now, LMc said:

Aids is caused by HIV. Frankly offensive that you're posting absolute pish like that to try and push your own warped agenda. Get a ****ing grip.

The other thing that strikes me is that these posts are always just a grab and paste, like one single piece of information is a "gotcha", with them literally sitting at the PC going "a-ha, this'll show 'em". It's a good insight into their inability to digest nuanced positions which are covered by a plethora of information, data and experience to form an educated position and argue that. 

I mean for one, some dubiety over the accuracy or potential false positives caused by a diagnostic test is nothing in of itself - I guarantee it has never ever occured to the poster that Doctors and Nurses will not rely on one test result, nor even just a single type of test - but will use a variety of diagnostic tests, correlated to symptoms, patient dialogue and observations to determine what illness a patient is afflicted with. 

Tiresome in the extreme.

Back to 2005
33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The other thing that strikes me is that these posts are always just a grab and paste, like one single piece of information is a "gotcha", with them literally sitting at the PC going "a-ha, this'll show 'em". It's a good insight into their inability to digest nuanced positions which are covered by a plethora of information, data and experience to form an educated position and argue that. 

I mean for one, some dubiety over the accuracy or potential false positives caused by a diagnostic test is nothing in of itself - I guarantee it has never ever occured to the poster that Doctors and Nurses will not rely on one test result, nor even just a single type of test - but will use a variety of diagnostic tests, correlated to symptoms, patient dialogue and observations to determine what illness a patient is afflicted with. 

Tiresome in the extreme.

What other diagnostic tests are available for covid? (Lateral flow is the only other one used but is it any more accurate?)

Most people that test positive won't even see a doctor. Just a couple of minor flaws in your educated position...but we are using this test to justify lockdowns and restrictions. 

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

What other diagnostic tests are available for covid? (Lateral flow is the only other one used but is it any more accurate?)

Most people that test positive won't even see a doctor. Just a couple of minor flaws in your educated position...but we are using this test to justify lockdowns and restrictions. 

Still waiting on that quote from the inventor of the PCR test. 

It also seems to have slipped your mind that I asked about Australia and New Zealand, why have they not had the false positives in their PCR tests?

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Without lockdowns NO-ONE would have been able to see a Doctor, period. The only reason we are heading out of lockdown is because most of us considered the greater good and took the vaccine, whilst you pro-disease folks spent all your time concocting and spreading more excrement.  

Other diagnostic tests are available (you even posted the CDC statement mentioning them ffs).  

Back to 2005
21 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Without lockdowns NO-ONE would have been able to see a Doctor, period. The only reason we are heading out of lockdown is because most of us considered the greater good and took the vaccine, whilst you pro-disease folks spent all your time concocting and spreading more excrement.  

Other diagnostic tests are available (you even posted the CDC statement mentioning them ffs).  

The greater good. Words used by tyrants since time began.

We will see how effective the vaccine is come winter time and who is taking up the wards. 

Now seeing as the vaccines only apparent benefit is reducing the severity of symptoms the reason you took it is for your own benefit.

And you still believe in lockdowns. How many people died and will die because of them? 

But only covid matters.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

We will see how effective the vaccine is come winter time and who is taking up the wards. 

Now seeing as the vaccines only apparent benefit is reducing the severity of symptoms the reason you took it is for your own benefit.

And you still believe in lockdowns. How many people died and will die because of them? 

But only covid matters.

How are the Portuguese lessons coming along porra loca?

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Still waiting on that quote from the inventor of the PCR test. 

It also seems to have slipped your mind that I asked about Australia and New Zealand, why have they not had the false positives in their PCR tests?

I never said it was a word for word quote.  Do a bit of reading on Mullis and you will learn his thoughts on PCR.  

If you want to discuss Australia and New Zealand then post how many people are getting tested and at how many cycles the test is ran at.

Dennis Reynolds
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I never said it was a word for word quote.  Do a bit of reading on Mullis and you will learn his thoughts on PCR.  

If you want to discuss Australia and New Zealand then post how many people are getting tested and at how many cycles the test is ran at.

You're getting cycles and cycle threshold (ct) mixed up again.

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

How are the Portuguese lessons coming along porra loca?

esplendidamente obrigado sua boceta chata

Back to 2005
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

You're getting cycles and cycle threshold (ct) mixed up again.

What are you basing that on? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You've lost it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Enjoy your never ending captivity.

And of course, your mind hasn't been captured by an echo chamber of bullshit. :rolleyes:

jack D and coke

Had two conversations today. One with a mate who’s adamant he’s not having the jab. Couldn’t really tell me anything I haven’t heard already but still reckons it’s all shite. 
Another a pal that had his first jab and days before his second caught covid. 7 weeks later he says it’s still making him breathless and tired. It’s not this mild illness for everyone people keep trying to portray imo. I really don’t want to catch a dose of this myself, I’m doubled dunted now so hopefully won’t.  
Seems to hit men harder. The ones I know that have had it anyway. All pretty fit and healthy lads too. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

What are you basing that on? 

Facts. I've actual real life experience of all different types of PCR. I've ran them, designed them and trained people to run them. I don't just copy and paste stuff I've read from Facebook mum's.

Your argument is that they are moving the cycle threshold higher therefore making more false positives. Ct threshold is set by the individual kit maker and based on controls run with the sample/multiple validations. It may be 20-30 or 25-35 or something like that. People, like you, have seen "it's run at 40 cycles" and put 2+2 together and got 7.  They're two completely different things.

What your actually saying is they're running it at too many cycles which is giving false positives. That sentence doesn't make sense. You could run it for 1000 cycles and you would get the same result. 

Once again, if you actually did some research you could find this out.

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And of course, your mind hasn't been captured by an echo chamber of bullshit. :rolleyes:

My opinion makes no odds at the end of the day. Its the BS you are being fed by your government that you should be concerned with.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

My opinion makes no odds at the end of the day. Its the BS you are being fed by your government that you should be concerned with.

Which one? Australia has a federal system. So who is bullshitting? Spring Street or Canberra?

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, jonesy said:
56 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Expand  

Drama much, Giz? :) 

I don't agree with everything that your quoted poster says, but by god, some of the stuff that gets posted as a response to his ramblings make me look like a decent chap.

Using the word period followed immediately by a full stop is probably grammatically correct, but it just seems weird. Surely either the word period, or the full stop are superfluous? 🤷‍♂️

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, LMc said:

Facts. I've actual real life experience of all different types of PCR. I've ran them, designed them and trained people to run them. I don't just copy and paste stuff I've read from Facebook mum's.

Your argument is that they are moving the cycle threshold higher therefore making more false positives. Ct threshold is set by the individual kit maker and based on controls run with the sample/multiple validations. It may be 20-30 or 25-35 or something like that. People, like you, have seen "it's run at 40 cycles" and put 2+2 together and got 7.  They're two completely different things.

What your actually saying is they're running it at too many cycles which is giving false positives. That sentence doesn't make sense. You could run it for 1000 cycles and you would get the same result. 

Like one mate I spoke to today. They all say they’re not influenced by anything on social media but start asking some questions and they all end up coming out with the same pish. They’re believing hairdressers and plumbers about this stuff. It’s mind boggling man. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Like one mate I spoke to today. They all say they’re not influenced by anything on social media but start asking some questions and they all end up coming out with the same pish. They’re believing hairdressers and plumbers about this stuff. It’s mind boggling man. 

It is mind boggling 😪

Edited by LMc

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, LMc said:

It is mind boggling 😪

There’s nothing wrong with having some issues with the vaccine I suppose. None of us want to do this, wear masks, get jags etc. Imagine the old old ones who were first up for this though, imagine they all said I’m no taking this…where would we be? How long would this go on??
The old ones are indeed a dying breed…
Got more balls than any of us. 

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I'm an independent thinker and I think exactly the same as all these other independent thinkers, because that's what the independent thinking website said.

27 minutes ago, LMc said:

:jjyay:

Braw.  Tales from the rabbit hole being clobbered by actual first hand,  technical knowledge.  

(Of course.. you will probably be dismissed as a scientist just out to have your day in the sun).

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s nothing wrong with having some issues with the vaccine I suppose. None of us want to do this, wear masks, get jags etc. Imagine the old old ones who were first up for this though, imagine they all said I’m no taking this…where would we be? How long would this go on??
The old ones are indeed a dying breed…
Got more balls than any of us. 

Of course not and it's every persons choice. I know people myself you have chosen against it and whilst I don't agree, it's their choice. I'd just hope they were doing proper reading into it! It is hard to distinguish at times though, granted. The oldies have lead the way 👏

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Braw.  Tales from the rabbit hole being clobbered by actual first hand,  technical knowledge.  

(Of course.. you will probably be dismissed as a scientist just out to have your day in the sun).

I'm just a big pharma shrill tbh :greggy:

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm an independent thinker and I think exactly the same as all these other independent thinkers, because that's what the independent thinking website said.

:lol: 

22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Using the word period followed immediately by a full stop is probably grammatically correct, but it just seems weird. Surely either the word period, or the full stop are superfluous? 🤷‍♂️

I could have used END OF I suppose, but perhaps the vernacular  of the conspiracy theorist isn't for me. 

4 minutes ago, LMc said:

I'm just a big pharma shrill tbh :greggy:

That anaw.  Ya big global Great Reset illuminatus.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Drama much, Giz? :) 

I don't agree with everything that your quoted poster says, but by god, some of the stuff that gets posted as a response to his ramblings make me look like a decent chap.

The main selling point of lockdowns and social distancing was to prevent the NHS from being overrun and going beyond capacity. Are you saying this is wrong now?

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

But only covid matters.

The greater good has guided society for decades. I don't "believe" in lockdowns, most certainly not the wishy-washy ones our government mandated. I believed in a tight, policed lockdown that is actually effective, followed by unlocking (with strict limits on movements in and out of the UK) AND, crucially, followed by a good vaccination program. We got one-half of this right.

52 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Enjoy your never ending captivity.

You can thank us sheeple who took the measured risk of the vaccine so you aren't being locked up for longer. You're welcome. 👍

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I thought he was just, rather helpfully, letting us know where he was in his cycle?

Charming. 

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's a perfect illustration of how every little thing in this is way more complicated than it seems. The type of thing you'd need to go to some kind of special school to learn for a few years before being able to overrule scientific consensus without looking stupid.

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's a perfect illustration of how every little thing in this is way more complicated than it seems. The type of thing you'd need to go to some kind of special school to learn for a few years before being able to overrule scientific consensus without looking stupid.

Indeed. It's funny though - rejecting science because some other "Doctor" posts a YouTube video. Clearly the irony is lost on them.

jack D and coke

How do you convince someone like back to 2005? Is it possible or it just a lost cause? 
He isn’t alone there’s probably plenty reading his posts and in full agreement. At least he’s got the balls to say it tbh. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, LMc said:

referring to your earlier post as well - it looks like (at best) the poster has got his terminology mixed up but does he have any point here ?

can the ct (or insert the correct term inology) affect the sensitivity of the test and hence the confidence in the results ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

scientific consensus (assuming our definitions of this are broadly similar) has shifted at least a few times throughout this there has also been a group of highly-qualified and highly-respected scientists who have offered an alternative view to the consensus

that would suggest there are valid questions to ask and valid discussions to be had where (within context) there is no necessity to be a technical expert

also groups facing complex problems very often specifically include a lay person in parts of the process as the lay person can bring a different perspective to those (too) close to the subject matter - obviously they wouldn’t be expecting them to routinely “overrule science” but equally obviously they believe there is some value in receiving the thoughts and opinions of a lay person

the quite general view that someone looks at a phoney on YouTube and accepts everything as gospel is just the flip-side of anyone who ‘agrees’ with the consensus is just totally awestruck by their perceived betters and accepts everything they say

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

or someone on the internet pretending to have a different occupation than they actually have

for what it’s worth I don’t believe that to be the case here but I wouldn’t be quite as all-in as you appear to be on it

Unknown user
4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

scientific consensus (assuming our definitions of this are broadly similar) has shifted at least a few times throughout this there has also been a group of highly-qualified and highly-respected scientists who have offered an alternative view to the consensus

that would suggest there are valid questions to ask and valid discussions to be had where (within context) there is no necessity to be a technical expert

also groups facing complex problems very often specifically include a lay person in parts of the process as the lay person can bring a different perspective to those (too) close to the subject matter - obviously they wouldn’t be expecting them to routinely “overrule science” but equally obviously they believe there is some value in receiving the thoughts and opinions of a lay person

the quite general view that someone looks at a phoney on YouTube and accepts everything as gospel is just the flip-side of anyone who ‘agrees’ with the consensus is just totally awestruck by their perceived betters and accepts everything they say

Nothing wrong with genuinely independent minds or layman views, nothing wrong with people quietly going about their business and using their judgement to the best of their abilities. 

Plenty wrong with the shit we see on here from people who don't understand they're making repeated fools of themselves

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

or someone on the internet pretending to have a different occupation than they actually have

for what it’s worth I don’t believe that to be the case here but I wouldn’t be quite as all-in as you appear to be on it

Nah,  not having it.  Intelligence nearly always provides the ability to differentiate between genuine content and bullshit.  I'm calling genuine on LMc's contribution and total bullshit on every contribution by BackToTheRabbitWarren.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I could have used END OF I suppose, but perhaps the vernacular  of the conspiracy theorist isn't for me. 

FACT, might've been more apt. 🤷‍♂️

Governor Tarkin
57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nah,  not having it.  Intelligence nearly always provides the ability to differentiate between genuine content and bullshit. 

:rofl:

indianajones

Watched the news last night for the first time in many years. 

Whats happening in France is criminal. You must be vaccinated to do anything there by the sounds of it. 

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

How do you convince someone like back to 2005? Is it possible or it just a lost cause? 
He isn’t alone there’s probably plenty reading his posts and in full agreement. At least he’s got the balls to say it tbh. 

Lost cause. 

57 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Watched the news last night for the first time in many years. 

Whats happening in France is criminal. You must be vaccinated to do anything there by the sounds of it. 

The entire purpose of vaccination against a society and economy wrecking virus is that a very large majority take part.  Maximum take up is vital within individual countries and will be just as vital globally,  over time.  What's more criminal is the human psychology no longer recognises collective / mutually beneficial effort,  responsibility,  duty.  

Don't like restrictions,  can't do stuff,  here's a vaccine to help prevent restrictions and enable doing stuff,  nah not taking it,  hopefully enough other people will 'cos I hate restrictions and want to do stuff.

Absolute freedom of choice in normal times?  Absolutely.  Expedient suspension of some norms for the good of everyone? Absolutely.  

People shouldn't be being forced inti taking the vaccine but it's their own unrealistic moral outlook to blame.

Fxxx the SPFL
18 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was there when the Euros and Wimbledon were on and the place was buzzing.

We only had a 3 day break, but at least it still feels like we've had a holiday this year.

Enjoy:thumbsup:

👍:toasting:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic