Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In England just now and nothing has changed regarding mask wearing. Everyone still wearing them in shops.

The UK government were right to make it personal responsibility because everyone seems to be doing the decent thing.

If I was in one of those lefty, labour council areas that are trying to make it mandatory on public transport just to stick it up the toaries, I think I would say feck it, try and force me

Not worth the "debate"

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

In England just now and nothing has changed regarding mask wearing. Everyone still wearing them in shops.

The UK government were right to make it personal responsibility because everyone seems to be doing the decent thing.

If I was in one of those lefty, labour council areas that are trying to make it mandatory on public transport just to stick it up the toaries, I think I would say feck it, try and force me

😂I know it only riles people at times 

49 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They've had 16 months of arbitrary government impositions. It's only whetted they're appetite.

Every time I see someone in a shop without a mask it makes me smile. It's largely because I'm a contrary cynt.

I have had some nods from other non mask wearers in places were masks are meant to be “ mandatory “ Like a resistance group or band of brothers acknowledging each other however Others may view us as “ irresponsible numpties “  esp on this 😎😎😎😂

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think it's like a posh wank

And no, I don't mean Jacob Reese-Mogg

I don’t “ do “ posh 😂 

Absolutely this. Went to Blenheim palace today, were asked very politely to wear a mask if possible when inside so we asked for two disposable ones and donned them for the duration of the walk around the palace. 

Ask nicely and generally most people will comply. 

Supermarkets though, not for me, they're easy to keep a distance from other people in unless it's super, super busy in which case if they care so much they can continue to restrict numbers.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Don't agree with mandatory vaxx, but a private enterprise like the NFL should be free to enforce rules as they deem appropriate to their business model. 

Don't agree there Jonesy. No female staff? No Asians? No handicapped?

Seems a slippery slope to allow private enterprises to make up their on rules.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Absolutely this. Went to Blenheim palace today, were asked very politely to wear a mask if possible when inside so we asked for two disposable ones and donned them for the duration of the walk around the palace. 

Ask nicely and generally most people will comply. 

Supermarkets though, not for me, they're easy to keep a distance from other people in unless it's super, super busy in which case if they care so much they can continue to restrict numbers.

Don't agree there Jonesy. No female staff? No Asians? No handicapped?

Seems a slippery slope to allow private enterprises to make up their on rules.

Yes nail on head re polite request to wear masks . I’ve had a few nippy little Hitlers in the last few months ask me to don mine in an aggressive manner . It just riles me 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes nail on head re polite request to wear masks . I’ve had a few nippy little Hitlers in the last few months ask me to don mine in an aggressive manner . It just riles me 

There are some people I'd like to see donning a mask in an aggressive manner, but not everyone.  :whistling:

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

more “ Close this thread “ now ! 

Do folk still think "closing borders" keeps airborne viruses out?:cornette:

Besides, from a purely selfish point of view, I'm heading to Spain soon👍.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think Boris played a blinder there tbh, NT. He knew mask wearing, when mandated, was not enforced. Now, when he removes the mandate, all the virtue signallers including loony left councils, supermarkets,  bus companies etc, start threatening to enforce it anyway.  Job done.👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The clue is in the word “ virus “ it’s never was and never will Be containable or eradicated . Only takes one person to have it to kick it all off again so as you say that talk of closing our borders was ludicrous and just another issue to beat the Govt about ! 

JudyJudyJudy

I think Boris played a blinder there tbh, NT. He knew mask wearing, when mandated, was not enforced. Now, when he removes the mandate, all the virtue signallers including loony left councils, supermarkets,  bus companies etc, start threatening to enforce it anyway.  Job done.👍

👍 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

There are some people I'd like to see donning a mask in an aggressive manner, but not everyone.  :whistling:

Lol yeah o tried to change that when I re read it as I knew someone would notice that grammatical error 😂 nothing gets passed some people 😂

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Of course, that's the only reason they want masks worn - just to stick it up the "toaries" and not to protect people. FFS.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

They've had 16 months of arbitrary government impositions. It's only whetted they're appetite.

Every time I see someone in a shop without a mask it makes me smile. It's largely because I'm a contrary cynt.

Charming. 

PS It's "their"

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

o5ECfhL.gif?noredirect

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Do you think it flies into the UK like a ****ing 737? :cornette::cornette::cornette:

Enzo Chiefo

The clue is in the word “ virus “ it’s never was and never will Be containable or eradicated . Only takes one person to have it to kick it all off again so as you say that talk of closing our borders was ludicrous and just another issue to beat the Govt about ! 

Exactly.  Other than scientists, who have spent years waiting for the opportunity to trial a population wide experiment,  eradication or even containment, is a nonsense.  They've had their day in the sun and life is heading back to normal.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Of course, that's the only reason they want masks worn - just to stick it up the "toaries" and not to protect people. FFS.

Charming. 

PS It's "their"

o5ECfhL.gif?noredirect

Do you think it flies into the UK like a ****ing 737? :cornette::cornette::cornette:

Get to your bed 🛌 your up way passed your bedtime 

8414D398-AAB8-4C45-A08C-8153C049B274.jpeg

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Charming. 

PS It's "their"

o5ECfhL.gif?noredirect

Ask the Aussies, a hermit nation who have disengaged from the world and reality, whether you can "close borders". Do you really think you can keep an airborne virus that  lands on surfaces etc, out?? Food,medical supplies,truck drivers etc etc. Get real.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly.  Other than scientists, who have spent years waiting for the opportunity to trial a population wide experiment,  eradication or even containment, is a nonsense.  They've had their day in the sun and life is heading back to normal.

Yes Back to boring “ academia “ for Devri and Linda and the dentists chair for Jason . I’d like to say thanks for their input but they really just made a bad situation 10 times worse with their never ending doom and garbled scientific “ expertise “ ! 

Enzo Chiefo

Yes Back to boring “ academia “ for Devri and Linda and the dentists chair for Jason . I’d like to say thanks for their input but they really just made a bad situation 10 times worse with their never ending doom and garbled scientific “ expertise “ ! 

Yes and the like of Bauld, Stephen Reicher, the dangerous Susan Michie are all behavioural scientists although they masquerade as epidemiologists.  

It's a frightening thought that they were all unleashed, on Govt instructions, onto the airwaves to push a particular message .

JudyJudyJudy

Yes and the like of Bauld, Stephen Reicher, the dangerous Susan Michie are all behavioural scientists although they masquerade as epidemiologists.  

It's a frightening thought that they were all unleashed, on Govt instructions, onto the airwaves to push a particular message .

They certainly masquerade as something that’s for sure ! 

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ask the Aussies, a hermit nation who have disengaged from the world and reality, whether you can "close borders". Do you really think you can keep an airborne virus that  lands on surfaces etc, out?? Food,medical supplies,truck drivers etc etc. Get real.

You really haven't got the foggiest how this works, how any of it works. I figured, despite my not being a walking talking tory electioneering pamphlet, you just saw things through that prism and would put the economy above people's lives, like most tories. But you don't actually have a clue.  

All you need to do is agree that the virus is NOT airborne to the extent it can travel across an island's borders without a host. Not a difficult concept or one where there exists room for disagreeing - it's quite fundamental. Do you think the countries that locked their borders hardest don't allow supply ships or aircraft to arrive? They will insist on tests and minimize the traffic across the border to the bare essentials. 

We didn't do this - and from the records of the machiavellian Cummings, it's patently obvious why. 

Dennis Reynolds
53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

45 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

Dennis Reynolds
54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Edit. Double bloody post!

Edited by LMc

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:conspiracy:

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

There’s our own resident experts and  doomsayers who will need counselling and prised off this thread 

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

You really haven't got the foggiest how this works, how any of it works. I figured, despite my not being a walking talking tory electioneering pamphlet, you just saw things through that prism and would put the economy above people's lives, like most tories. But you don't actually have a clue.  

All you need to do is agree that the virus is NOT airborne to the extent it can travel across an island's borders without a host. Not a difficult concept or one where there exists room for disagreeing - it's quite fundamental. Do you think the countries that locked their borders hardest don't allow supply ships or aircraft to arrive? They will insist on tests and minimize the traffic across the border to the bare essentials. 

We didn't do this - and from the records of the machiavellian Cummings, it's patently obvious why. 

Yes Gizmo I concur.

Hey, don't I look smart talking like I'm wearing a smoking jacket?!

Nucky Thompson
9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The point I was making was that the vast majority were still wearing masks and doing the decent and sensible thing when in busy places.

They don't have to force people. 

Everything about this pandemic is now political and I think most people can see through the Labour councils decisions

Enzo Chiefo
8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Who said that the virus didn't need a host? But you obviously think a country like GB can stop people coming in and all will be well. The "host" may equally be a shipping container or a lorry transporting supplies.

The ones who "don't understand " are those who think you can keep a virus out by "closing the border". Likely to be the same people who squealed like banshees for a year about the threat to essential food and medicinal supplies that border delays would cause, as part of Brexit. 

We know from hermit natiion Australia, isolated in the middle of nowhere, that closing your border and leaving thousands of your own people stranded across the world, unable to return home, still couldn't keep the Indian variant out.

Sydney is now facing a possible lockdown until October. 

And they call the UK approach "shambolic"😶

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I know... 😭

Went back to edit but it was too late. :( 

To think it took an English academic longer than 5 mins to notice…! How many A’s did you dish out this year?

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

There’s our own resident experts and  doomsayers who will need counselling and prised off this thread 

How true . You can almost smell the disappointment when there is positive news about infections / deaths/ stats / vaccine  etc . They tend to quickly to counter act that with some depressing counter information no matter how obscure They really will be lost when the pandemic is over 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I know... 😭

Went back to edit but it was too late. :( 

Oh you have to be very quick on this thread when one makes an error the saddos / grammar polis pounce like lions when you do. 

The point I was making was that the vast majority were still wearing masks and doing the decent and sensible thing when in busy places.

They don't have to force people. 

Everything about this pandemic is now political and I think most people can see through the Labour councils decisions

Exactly and let’s see what Sturgeon dies in the next few weeks . It’ll have a tartan twist to it . Labour are really just a complete waste of space now . 

49 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who said that the virus didn't need a host? But you obviously think a country like GB can stop people coming in and all will be well. The "host" may equally be a shipping container or a lorry transporting supplies.

The ones who "don't understand " are those who think you can keep a virus out by "closing the border". Likely to be the same people who squealed like banshees for a year about the threat to essential food and medicinal supplies that border delays would cause, as part of Brexit. 

We know from hermit natiion Australia, isolated in the middle of nowhere, that closing your border and leaving thousands of your own people stranded across the world, unable to return home, still couldn't keep the Indian variant out.

Sydney is now facing a possible lockdown until October. 

And they call the UK approach "shambolic"😶

“ Reap What you sow “ spreads to mind regarding Oz. They were very cocky discrediting other countries responses to covid , thinking theirs was the template . It was and is inevitable what would happen there . There policy was unsubstainsable .  

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How true . You can almost smell the disappointment when there is positive news about infections / deaths/ stats / vaccine  etc . They tend to quickly to counter act that with some depressing counter information no matter how obscure They really will be lost when the pandemic is over 

Says the guy who posts daily on this thread and blogs about their life on it :laugh:

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That was quite sad to watch actually . 

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Any word on those over reported Swedish deaths yet?

⬇️

20 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

How do you know Sweden has been over reporting deaths?

You said Sweden's neighbours weren't a valid comparison, which countries are a valid comparison?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Says the guy who posts daily on this thread and blogs about their life on it :laugh:

I don’t know if you have noticed but I’m not as much on this thread ? I’m just making a guest appearance now and then as I know some of you would struggle if I just disappeared 😂😂😂 I like to stir it up a bit as i notice it can get rather dull in here with the same clique of nodding dogs 🐕 😎 nothing wrong with mixing it with some human life stories . I enjoy reading about other non covid related stories 😎

F04E8077-526C-4A14-8243-D20493C34B74.gif

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d11eab25ab6a52e91

Screenshot_20210724-105429~2.png

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Oh that’ll be going up really slowly now . I didn’t want to make a big drama Queen exit statement  like some have done on this by announcing my departure , like an airport lounge , as they always tend to come back tail between their legs .

Like I said I’ll post now and then just to liven things up . It’s actually quite therapeutic to read posts for days on end and watch the carnage follow in various responses to posts without being involved ! 😎

Truth be told this thread has run its course for me . It bores me now As it’s predictable regarding the same posters / the same responses / the same counter arguments / blah blah blah . It’s all been said . 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Thanks for reminding me how great Alanais Morrisette  is . Just listening to “ jagged little pill “ now . Incredible 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh that’ll be going up really slowly now . I didn’t want to make a big drama Queen exit statement  like some have done on this by announcing my departure , like an airport lounge , as they always tend to come back tail between their legs .

Like I said I’ll post now and then just to liven things up . It’s actually quite therapeutic to read posts for days on end and watch the carnage follow in various responses to posts without being involved ! 😎

Truth be told this thread has run its course for me . It bores me now As it’s predictable regarding the same posters / the same responses / the same counter arguments / blah blah blah . It’s all been said . 

I'm just messing, and hope you took the post in that spirit, if you or anyone else posts on this thread it shouldn't put anyone else up or down.

This thread has been informative/fractious/entertaining at times, but hopefully in the not too distant future it won't be a permanent fixture of the 1st page in the Shed.

Edited by fancy a brew

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I'm just messing, and hope you took the post in that spirit, if you or anyone else posts on this thread it shouldn't put anyone else up or down.

This thread has been informative/fractious/entertaining at times, but hopefully in the not too distant future it won't be a permanent fixture of the 1st page in the Shed.

👍👍👍 have a good weekend ps good summary regarding the thread 🧵 

Edited by JamesM48

38 minutes ago, kila said:

Irony totally lost on these guys. Thousands of posts on here and posting more and more as we can see the light at the end if the tunnel while all they see is a black hole in their online lives. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Irony totally lost on these guys. Thousands of posts on here and posting more and more as we can see the light at the end if the tunnel while all they see is a black hole in their online lives. 

“light at the end of the tunnel “ you could have fooled me with your never ending pessimistic postings more like “ shite at the end of the tunnel “ 

Enzo Chiefo
32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Have you got nothing better to do in Turkey than come on here every so often with your dullard comments?

Fitzroy Pointon

Eventully got round to getting my second micro-chip put in this morning. Quite gutted I never got a wee card with my name on it so I could put it in Facebook. 

Anyway, lassie said that because it had been so long since my first, I need to go back in eight weeks for a booster. Feck it eh, injected twice now, they can inject me 100 times for all the difference it is going to make. 

Only other thing I can say is the nurse at the door slagged my shorts and as I got the Pfizer jag, I had to wait the fifteen mins. Because of the heat I was wiping my brow and shuffling in my seat and the nurse thought I had had a reaction so sat me on the floor and gave me some water :laugh:. Eh its just too warm in here Mrs. Luckily there was no one else in the waiting room at the time.

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Have you got nothing better to do in Turkey than come on here every so often with your dullard comments?

😂😂😂 he’s so negative all the time ! It’s boring . 

Brexit thread - Brexit causing no drivers, empty shelves, shaking with rage!!!!!

Covid thread - we must shut the borders!!!!

Savage Vince
12 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

They certainly masquerade as something that’s for sure ! 

Have you ever considered masquerading as a normal, empathetic human being? 

39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Brexit thread - Brexit causing no drivers, empty shelves, shaking with rage!!!!!

Covid thread - we must shut the borders!!!!

Brexit thread - COVID pingdemic causing no drivers and staff shortages in supermarkets

Covid thread - no one I know has the app anymore

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can't lie in the sun drinking beer all day. Got to have some time off to laugh at you lot

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic