Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Anyone any ideas why the figures are high in Moray? 

Kent variant, little bit of Indian, their local MP is a **** head.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Pretty sure you could lick it off from your vantage point. 

53A212CB-5214-41EC-9BA4-D3401F357731.gif

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I won’t back back anytime soon . Been told I will mainly be working from home now . 

Office-Celebration.jpg

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars ️ “ 

Not gonna lie, a favourite quote.

starlives.jpg

Jason Leitch on The 9 saying it makes common sense now for the decision on hugging to go to people.

May be a little inclination some leeway to be announced tomorrow.

Unless you live in Moray, I suppose.

Edited by DETTY29

magic roundabout
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

International travel from Scotland (traffic light thingy) from the 24th of May. 

It will be interesting to see the detail on this....I presume we will follow England list. However, Portugal are stating you will need proof of vaccine or a PCR Covid test to enter.   Given NHS Scotland don't issue proof of vaccine yet (My understanding its still a bit way) it will be an extra £100 per person for a test!   

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Office-Celebration.jpg

lol 😂  you have a sense of humour Which is so well hidden under that dreary exterior 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Not gonna lie, a favourite quote.

starlives.jpg

9E7A063F-FF13-4E40-839A-B4F8AC3943C7.jpeg

manaliveits105
26 minutes ago, magic roundabout said:

It will be interesting to see the detail on this....I presume we will follow England list. However, Portugal are stating you will need proof of vaccine or a PCR Covid test to enter.   Given NHS Scotland don't issue proof of vaccine yet (My understanding its still a bit way) it will be an extra £100 per person for a test!   

Well played the SG 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Well played the SG 

It's probably because their Covid app is fecking useless and has as much technology as a brick when compared to the UK app.

But it was another chance to be different

Fxxx the SPFL
On 09/05/2021 at 21:52, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, certainly FTSPFL. It's:  www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccineappointments

cheers Enzo

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's probably because their Covid app is fecking useless and has as much technology as a brick when compared to the UK app.

But it was another chance to be different

Yeah, world-beating Britain really showed Covid 19 who's boss eh? 🤡

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yeah, world-beating Britain really showed Covid 19 who's boss eh? 🤡

Reducing the 'terrifying' virus that ground the world to halt to c.10 deaths a day?

Seems a pretty good demonstration of who's boss to me.

Weakened Offender
Just now, Taffin said:

Reducing the 'terrifying' virus that ground the world to halt to c.10 deaths a day?

TBF, you would say that. 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Anyone any ideas why the figures are high in Moray? 

Tomato ketchup. 

44 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Bang on. Shows how lucky we are to live in the UK. We're in a great place compared to most of the world and there are signs that a nationwide normality is coming soon.  Its easy to forget how much the pandemic is still rife across a huge part of the world population 

Edited by Aaron78

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Bang on. Shows how lucky we are to live in the UK. We're in a great place compared to most of the world and there are signs that a nationwide normality is coming soon.  Its easy to forget how much the pandemic is still rife across a huge part of the world population 

Or it would seem that 150k people’s bodies were allowed to be piled high. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fbd2eece44c906cbb2

128 000 folk  "Haud ma Beer"

manaliveits105
47 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hug with caution. 

Whatever the **** that means. 

Pleased for Jimmy Krankie 

has she mentioned she’s not hugged her mum dad or Peter for over a year 

54 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Moray area is apparently had an outbreak of the Indian variant and looks like they won’t be allowed to move down a tier and travel will be banned in and out. 

Hopefully, it gets brought under control as quickly as possible and those in Moray can enjoy the freedoms of level 2. 

Some doc on BBC saying hugging is actually safer than speaking to someone, as it’s spread during the aerosols. Maybe we should all communicate in sign language. 

The BBC story quotes Leitch as saying Moray has cases of the India variant but it's still mostly the Kent variant.  This suggests the possibility that the India variant isn't yet competing for dominance.  Regardless it's still a bit of a concern regarding the effectiveness of the response to the outbreak that it's dragging on.  If they can't get on top of an outbreak in a relatively low population and low population density region,  it doesn't bode well for the ability to respond to a larger outbreak in the major cities.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or it would seem that 150k people’s bodies were allowed to be piled high. 

Obviously a tragedy and at the end of this worldwide pandemic, the whole world will need to take stock and learn lessons from this. It will be some time until we know the full impact to mental health, education, the economy etc.. 

However we should be grateful at the success of our vaccine programme as the UK opens up again and deaths remain low while much of the rest of the world battles against further waves and increasing death rates.

As for your political sniping, I'm not really interested. There are other threads devoted to that, but I'm sure you already know that...bash on with beating at that drum though.... 

Edited by Aaron78
Typo

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The BBC story quotes Leitch as saying Moray has cases of the India variant but it's still mostly the Kent variant.  This suggests the possibility that the India variant isn't yet competing for dominance.  Regardless it's still a bit of a concern regarding the effectiveness of the response to the outbreak that it's dragging on.  If they can't get on top of an outbreak in a relatively low population and low population density region,  it doesn't bode well for the ability to respond to a larger outbreak in the major cities.

Agreed 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Obviously a tragedy and at the end of this worldwide pandemic, the whole world will need to take stock and learn lessons from this. It will be some time until we know the full impact to mental health, education, the economy etc.. 

However we should be grateful at the success of our vaccine programme as the UK opens up again and deaths remain low while much of the rest of the world battles against further waves and increasing death rates.

As for your political sniping, I'm not really interested. There are other threads devoted to that, but I'm sure you already know that...bash on with beating at that drum though.... 

I think it was you that wanted to praise the U.K. government to the hilt for something the Pharmaceutical companies and the NHS have organised, all they did was buy them. 
Considering how poorly they acted and still to we should be thankful that they got one thing right I suppose, maybe we could give them a clap as they trundle off to jail for their criminal negligence. 

Mars plastic
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Pleased for Jimmy Krankie 

has she mentioned she’s not hugged her mum dad or Peter for over a year 

What about her other friend?

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it was you that wanted to praise the U.K. government to the hilt for something the Pharmaceutical companies and the NHS have organised, all they did was buy them. 
Considering how poorly they acted and still to we should be thankful that they got one thing right I suppose, maybe we could give them a clap as they trundle off to jail for their criminal negligence. 

Where did I praise the UK Government? Looks like you're just trying to pick fights where none exist.  Whatever floats your boat I guess.... 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Where did I praise the UK Government? Looks like you're just trying to pick fights where none exist.  Whatever floats your boat I guess.... 

How lucky we are to live in the U.K. is what you said, I’ve just pointed out the flaws in that thinking. It had the highest death rate in the world, £37b given to friend and donors that was wasted on a track and trace system that didn’t work, 3 times the annual NHS budget. A PM that wants to take it on the chin, let the bodies pile high. We are so lucky aren’t we 🙈

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How lucky we are to live in the U.K. is what you said, I’ve just pointed out the flaws in that thinking. It had the highest death rate in the world, £37b given to friend and donors that was wasted on a track and trace system that didn’t work, 3 times the annual NHS budget. A PM that wants to take it on the chin, let the bodies pile high. We are so lucky aren’t we 🙈

So I didn't. Thanks for confirming your mistake. 

Think I'll bow out of this thread as people wanting to argue political agendas on a football forum isn't really of interest to me. 

Enjoy your continued ranting though! 👍

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

So I didn't. Thanks for confirming your mistake. 

Think I'll bow out of this thread as people wanting to argue political agendas on a football forum isn't really of interest to me. 

Enjoy your continued ranting though! 👍

No you just backed the wonderful U.K. that’s falling to pieces because of its backward vision and being run by shysters. 
I don’t think it’s out of the question to talk politics on this thread or in this particular section of the forum. 

See ya. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Lord BJ said:

Woohoo social distancing scrapped in domestic settings.

good news hopefully some other extra hospitality changes

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Moray area is apparently had an outbreak of the Indian variant and looks like they won’t be allowed to move down a tier and travel will be banned in and out. 

Hopefully, it gets brought under control as quickly as possible and those in Moray can enjoy the freedoms of level 2. 

Some doc on BBC saying hugging is actually safer than speaking to someone, as it’s spread during the aerosols. Maybe we should all communicate in sign language. 

It seems that a Moray family that owns a local restaurant went back to India, attended a family wedding, returned to Moray, didn't self-isolate and the kids went straight back into school, subsequently attending a kids 6th form party in the area.

With not so hilarious consequences...

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It seems that a Moray family that owns a local restaurant went back to India, attended a family wedding, returned to Moray, didn't self-isolate and the kids went straight back into school, subsequently attending a kids 6th form party in the area.

Unreal ! 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Arseholes.

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A staycation? In the Land That summer Forgot?

I’ll give that a miss.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was the UK govt that appointed the right person with pharmaceutical and venture capital experience to assess, analyse, procure and purchase the vaccines. They backed the right horses and the entire UK is benefiting from that now. Efficiency and procurement are, to be fair, not the NHS strong suits but they, and of course, the Army did a fantastic job in creating the vaccine sites and rolling it out.

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A staycation? In the Land That summer Forgot?

Holiday in the Falklands or St. Georges just now sounds a blast too.

:)

Edited by DETTY29

'The end' does indeed seem to be in sight.  At least on one level.  It's not really the end but hopefully as near to the end that it makes little difference.  On the other hand it's difficult for me to fully believe that 'the end' is here with no jeopardy of it coming back.  I actually feel sort of traumatised in that regard.  Unable to 100% relax that it's over for good.  This will change over time of course.

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

'Sake.

:jambobanana: must be a referendum in sight.  :whistling:

:troll:

Looking forward to a carvery that I can fill my own plate to the gunnals. 

:yas:

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They should get heavy fined for that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic