Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Kelly Ann Woodland 

“live from Edinbraaa”

Yes I saw her and the stv tent in the gardens 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do you have a link for the NHS website that you checked? I wouldn't mind finding out when I'm scheduled to have mine.

Cheers :thumbsup:

It's good to check if you are getting near time for 2nd dose. There are still issues with the letters going out. 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Reporter on ITV news report uhh about us opening up and how we now have the “ privilege “ of eating inside a restaurant or a drink outside a bar ? I thought it was a right ? 

Those things aren’t an entitlement from birth and can be taken away by the state for various reasons (e.g prison & people subject to CORO) so they would probably be a privilege rather than a right. 

Agree it’s bit naff the way they are celebrating it though. I’ve agreed with the restrictions this time but celebrating moving towards normality is daft and arguably makes the governments job a bit easier next time they want to tighten it up again. 

Dennis Reynolds
6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Reporter on ITV news report uhh about us opening up and how we now have the “ privilege “ of eating inside a restaurant or a drink outside a bar ? I thought it was a right ? 

What right is that?

I don't understand why you're having to put a complete downer on folk having a good time. You generally spend you're time on this thread complaining about the government/media being too negative but God forbid they interview people out and about enjoying themselves. Things are slowly getting back to normal and that's a good thing. I know it goes completely against you're narrative that the government or whoever are slowly taking away our rights but sometimes you just need to realise you were wrong.

4 hours ago, LMc said:

What right is that?

I don't understand why you're having to put a complete downer on folk having a good time. You generally spend you're time on this thread complaining about the government/media being too negative but God forbid they interview people out and about enjoying themselves. Things are slowly getting back to normal and that's a good thing. I know it goes completely against you're narrative that the government or whoever are slowly taking away our rights but sometimes you just need to realise you were wrong.

:yas:

@JamesM48 Telt!

:D

14 hours ago, Gards said:

If your getting your first jag at the Gyle, looks like they’ve switched to Pfizer.  Missus just got hers there.

6 weeks of AZ since 01 March

3 days of Moderna.

Then since Thursday there, Pfeizer for foreseeable future.

But things can change, and overnight too.

Edited by DETTY29

15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The gap between 1st and 2nd doses is currently 10 weeks and 1 day, based on today's numbers.

I am expecting to get notification of my own 2nd dose shortly, as my 1st was exactly 9 weeks ago. However, I checked the NHS website and found that I am scheduled for 11 May at the RHS. That will be 11 weeks and 1 day following my first, so it's getting closer to the 12 week target. It's also an indication of the current need for a lot of 2nd doses to match the ramping up of 1st doses during February. 

Jason Leitch was on OtB on Saturday and someone was on about 10 weeks too and hadn't heard anything.

He said not to worry, even if it goes out to 13 weeks.

This is the type of thing I'd like to hear of so that the public can be put at rest. 

During the election campaign I'd like to see Leitch and Smith on BBC Scotland twice a week, giving these updates and to answer journalist questions, with an avenue for public questions to be put to them.

Folk can then either listen in, switch off or not tune in at all.  But at least the info is out there.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd like to see Leitch on BBC Scotland twice a week, 

Ban pls Mods. 

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Jason Leitch was on OtB on Saturday and someone was on about 10 weeks too and hadn't heard anything.

This is the type of thing I'd like to hear of so that the public can be put at rest. 

During the election campaign I'd like to see Leitch and Smith on BBC Scotland twice a week, giving these updates and to answer journalist questions, with an avenue for public questions to be put to them.

Folk can then either listen in, switch off or not tune in at all.  But at least the info is out there.

God idea for the majority of us however, despite the science and facts, the tinfoil wearers will still have their own theories though 

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ban pls Mods. 

Haha,

Most requested 'covid' expert on 5L (per Nicky Campbell) because the audience believes he articulates and answers best the questions the listeners put in.

Edited by DETTY29

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, gjcc said:

Those things aren’t an entitlement from birth and can be taken away by the state for various reasons (e.g prison & people subject to CORO) so they would probably be a privilege rather than a right. 

Agree it’s bit naff the way they are celebrating it though. I’ve agreed with the restrictions this time but celebrating moving towards normality is daft and arguably makes the governments job a bit easier next time they want to tighten it up again. 

It was pathetic . Simple as that . People happy with crumbs thrown at them . What a world we have become 

7 hours ago, LMc said:

What right is that?

Absolute pile of pish 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:yas:

@JamesM48 Telt!

:D

See above 

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Jesus you must have the shakes since there isn’t a daily briefing anymore to tell you what to think 

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=csp_registration

You will need your username from your initial appointment letter to register before it will give you details of your future and past appointments.

13 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cheers for that, but I didn't keep my appointment letter

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's good to check if you are getting near time for 2nd dose. There are still issues with the letters going out. 

You can always phone the Vaccination Helpline 0800 030 80 13 and ask the rescheduling team if they have your reference number.  

Even if they do, they reckon it's at least 9 to 10 weeks since first jag before your 2nd jag appointment is put on system to check date or reschedule.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus you must have the shakes since there isn’t a daily briefing anymore to tell you what to think 

No James.

If e.g. some folk aren't getting let's say dose 2 till 13 weeks, when we are told 12 to expect, it's not unreasonable for this info to be made available to put other folks mind at rest, who may be are worried, or for others to scream 'online' abuse at them.

Information is information, not a thought process.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No James.

If e.g. some folk aren't getting let's say dose 2 till 13 weeks, when we are told 12 to expect, it's not unreasonable for this info to be made available to put other folks mind at rest, who may be are worried, or for others to scream 'online' abuse at them.

Information is information, not a thought process.

Aye ok then 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Haha,

Most requested 'covid' expert on 5L (per Nicky Campbell) because the audience believes he articulates and answers best the questions the listeners put in.

I quite liked him at first tbh, but the longer the pandemic went on and the more depressed and pissed off I got with the whole thing, the more I wanted to mount the coffee table and boot his head off through the telly. Nobody likes the bearer of consistently bad tidings eh. For the above see also Sturgeon, that Devi lassie, other assorted experts, and around 90% of folk on this thread. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I quite liked him at first tbh, but the longer the pandemic went on and the more depressed and pissed off I got with the whole thing, the more I wanted to mount the coffee table and boot his head off through the telly. Nobody likes the bearer of consistently bad tidings eh. For the above see also Sturgeon, that Devi lassie, other assorted experts, and around 90% of folk on this thread. 

So that makes you a 'Happy Clapper' then? 😀

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Gards said:

So that makes you a 'Happy Clapper' then? 😀

You're ****ing next, Gards. :seething:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe so.

I prefer realism personally.

It's the hope that kills you and so on.

But better to have lived than not lived at all too.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I prefer realism personally.

As do I, but accepting the reality of a situation and being comfortable with it are two entirely different things and vary wildly from person to person. The blue pill can do your mind a world of good now and again. 

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😂👍

Got the Pfizer jab this morning in Dunfermline. I'm 49 so good to see they're moving on to the 40's group.

Parents and in-laws have had second doses too. Im pleasantly surprised that the country is on track to get everyone a first jab by July.

I do wonder why the Dunfermline centre is only doing jabs 2 days a week though?

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Got the Pfizer jab this morning in Dunfermline. I'm 49 so good to see they're moving on to the 40's group.

Parents and in-laws have had second doses too. 

:pleasing:

Good stuff. 👍

Cairneyhill Jambo
59 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Parents and in-laws have had second doses too. Im pleasantly surprised that the country is on track to get everyone a first jab by July.

I do wonder why the Dunfermline centre is only doing jabs 2 days a week though?

They are doing the vaccinations in several places, i think.  East End Park and Oakley Community Centre are two of the places i know doing them

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very good read . Thanks for sharing . The most striking point was him dividing the covid deaths from last season 2020 and this . Therefore it’s mainly seasonal therefore mainly like the flu or is the flu in all but name . 

You are welcome.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Very good read . Thanks for sharing . The most striking point was him dividing the covid deaths from last season 2020 and this . Therefore it’s mainly seasonal therefore mainly like the flu or is the flu in all but name . 

Boy seems like a crank...300,000 plus daily cases in India, the US is just beginning to get its act together...it's a pandemic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Coleman

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

JudyJudyJudy

Seriously have they not got anything better to do talk about drama queens ! There is absolutely zero context to this story . Suppose it stops them herding law abiding young people around Edinburgh for no clear reason. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-man-arrested-failing-self-20475146?fbclid=IwAR2CnVzX8Ec1_brwdhe9eIdZ60i9c1BOBlFo41yFv4KO5ob-1qux-mzTe2A

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

With the flu virus largely ‘disappearing’ and with deaths remaining effectively the same yearly but attributed to c19 then I believe that it is legitimate to ask the question concerning the re-branding of flu.

It’s also true that public health bodies in the UK and the Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens decided that the corona virus (c19) should no longer be classified as a 'high consequence infectious disease.’ The corona-virus has been downgraded to flu level status.

Further, why are they so determined to inject us with an experimental vaccine associated with death and very serious side effects. When it has been determined that this cold virus affects few from a statistical perspective.

This event has shown how easy it is to manipulate and control the mass population through a propagandised media.

The levels of Stockholm Syndrome displayed on the majority of public forums is alarming, although not surprising.

👍

Scottish numbers: 27 April 2021

Summary

• 133 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-9; down from 178 a week ago]
  • 15,432 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+5,616]
    • 1.0% of these were positive [-0.7%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+1]
  • 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 81 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-12]
  • 2,782,162 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,102,690 have received their second dose [+8,392; +33,986]

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 27 April 2021

Summary

• 133 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-9; down from 178 a week ago]
  • 15,432 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [+5,616]
    • 1.0% of these were positive [-0.7%]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+1]
  • 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 81 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-12]
  • 2,782,162 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,102,690 have received their second dose [+8,392; +33,986]

👍

The latest trend data. Cases looking stable and slowly declining. There was a significant drop today in numbers of folk with Covid in hospital. Also a rise in the number of first vaccinations which could indicate the beginning of vaccination of a new cohort.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday     25 Apr 24 Apr 23 Apr 22 Apr 21 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland 25 26 -1   28 28 29 28 28 ... 59
North Lanarkshire 3 54 57 -3   N/A 64 64 59 58 ... 117
East Ayrshire 3 43 44 -1   N/A 48 55 50 42 ... 72
Electric Braeland 3 42 43 -1   N/A 42 40 33 21 ... 19
Moray 3 41 47 -6   N/A 45 43 44 34 ... 56
East Dunbartonshire 3 40 40 0   N/A 41 42 33 34 ... 56
Clackmannanshire 3 37 39 -2   N/A 52 70 68 72 ... 233
Glasgow City 3 37 37 0   N/A 40 42 46 49 ... 81
Fife 3 34 33 +1   N/A 30 28 25 24 ... 42
West Dunbartonshire 3 34 33 +1   N/A 27 28 21 18 ... 66
Perth & Kinross 3 31 34 -3   N/A 39 35 32 36 ... 36
Edinburgh City 3 26 29 -3   N/A 30 29 26 24 ... 50
Falkirk 3 25 26 -1   N/A 27 27 30 32 ... 90
Dundee City 3 23 26 -3   N/A 28 24 21 23 ... 64
Renfrewshire 3 23 25 -2   N/A 23 24 21 23 ... 103
South Lanarkshire 3 23 24 -1   N/A 34 41 44 44 ... 62
East Renfrewshire 3 22 18 +4   N/A 28 29 31 29 ... 45
Dumfries & Galloway 3 19 17 +2   N/A 15 9 5 3 ... 5
North Ayrshire 3 18 21 -3   N/A 24 25 28 28 ... 71
West Lothian 3 18 17 +1   N/A 23 21 21 24 ... 129
Aberdeen City 3 15 16 -1   N/A 21 22 22 24 ... 44
Inverclyde 3 14 12 +2   N/A 13 14 13 17 ... 21
Stirling 3 13 13 0   N/A 15 12 12 12 ... 58
East Lothian 3 12 13 -1   N/A 10 9 7 6 ... 37
Aberdeenshire 3 8 8 0   N/A 12 15 16 17 ... 28
Highland 3 8 8 0   N/A 8 9 8 13 ... 7
Argyll & Bute 3 6 6 0   N/A 5 5 5 5 ... 7
Orkney Islands 3 4 9 -5   N/A 9 4 0 0 ... 0
Angus 3 3 3 0   N/A 6 9 11 11 ... 42
Midlothian 3 3 3 0   N/A 4 4 4 5 ... 57
Scottish Borders 3 1 1 0   N/A 1 1 1 2 ... 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 0 0 0   N/A 0 0 0 0 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 0 0 0   N/A 0 0 0 0 ... 9

7-day averages   Today Yesterday     25 Apr 24 Apr 23 Apr 22 Apr 21 Apr ... 1 Apr
Tests   18213 18132 +81   18251 18060 18195 17960 18000 ... 21722
Positivity rate %   1.3 1.3 0.0   1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4 ... 2.4
Deaths   1.6 1.7 -0.1   1.7 1.6 1.3 1.6 1.3 ... 5.4
All Vaccinations   48219 48238 -19   47271 44098 42395 40392 38691 ... 49063
1st Dose   4587 3725 +862   3847 4460 5185 6641 8229 ... 29659
2nd Dose   43632 44513 -881   43424 39638 37210 33751 30462 ... 19404

Daily data                        
Hospital (non-ICU)   70 81 -11   N/A N/A 81 81 93 ... 194
ICU   11 12 -1   N/A N/A 12 12 14 ... 21

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest trend data. Cases looking stable and slowly declining. There was a significant drop today in numbers of folk with Covid in hospital. Also a rise in the number of first vaccinations which could indicate the beginning of vaccination of a new cohort.

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Today Yesterday     25 Apr 24 Apr 23 Apr 22 Apr 21 Apr ... 1 Apr

7-day averages   Today Yesterday     25 Apr 24 Apr 23 Apr 22 Apr 21 Apr ... 1 Apr

Daily data                        

👍

Fxxx the SPFL
48 minutes ago, redjambo said:

7-day per-100,000 cases                

Daily data                        

cheers Red looking really good all round

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers Red looking really good all round

It is indeed, FtS. I'm sure we'll see some upticks due to opening up but hopefully we'll get over those quickly. The lower we can get the general cases, the better we can focus on trapping any localised hotspots we experience. If we're in a good position in 2-3 weeks' time then that will be splendid and allow us to carry on with the roadmap.

Footballfirst

The latest Local Authority indicative levels based on WHO criteria for case numbers and positivity rates, as at 24 April.  Well done to (Heart of) Midlothian. 

2028087242_PredictivelevelsNew.JPG.7bdd48dec2c024580f154ea973c0cf8d.JPG

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Seriously have they not got anything better to do talk about drama queens ! There is absolutely zero context to this story . Suppose it stops them herding law abiding young people around Edinburgh for no clear reason. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-man-arrested-failing-self-20475146?fbclid=IwAR2CnVzX8Ec1_brwdhe9eIdZ60i9c1BOBlFo41yFv4KO5ob-1qux-mzTe2A

Why are you so bitter lately?

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The latest Local Authority indicative levels based on WHO criteria for case numbers and positivity rates, as at 24 April.  Well done to (Heart of) Midlothian. 

Thanks for that.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looking good. Most local authorities have seen their case rates drop even further over the last couple of days too. Cheers FF. :thumb:

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Why are you so bitter lately?

I’m bitter every day ! Today is no different . I sometimes spice it up with humour to mask it though . Maybe I haven’t hid it so well today . Anyways it’s subjective what “ bitter “ is ! You say “ bitter “ I say real . Tomato 🍅 tomatoe . Get over it . It’s a forum . We don’t have to agree with every single view point . 

I see we have another flat earther on the board today. Honestly wonder how they manage to dress themselves, but I suppose the attendants do it for them 

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

West Lothian has got its act together pretty quickly.

CEC was below 20 for a short while. 

Is there a reason, any hot spots?

Edited by DETTY29

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I see we have another flat earther on the board today. Honestly wonder how they manage to dress themselves, but I suppose the attendants do it for them 

:lol:

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

😂😂😂

"It must have been covid"

to 

"It must have been something else."

What a sham.

Startling really but not at all surprising . Talk about moving the goal posts , they moved the whole pitch 

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Resulting to insults tends to mean you have lost an argument ! Angry much ? 

Interestingly, in a recent survey in the USA, only 84% of respondents selected "I have always believed the world is round" (let's not quibble about the difference between this and it being an oblate spheroid) as opposed to being sceptical, not sure, or definitely believing it is flat. Scary stuff. Trends have also shown that there has been a recent rise in beliefs being propagated on the interwebs that the Earth is flat.

Wee Forbes article here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/04/04/only-two-thirds-of-american-millennials-believe-the-earth-is-round/

Footballfirst
51 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

West Lothian has got its act together pretty quickly.

CEC was below 20 for a short while. 

Is there a reason, any hot spots?

There was a bit of a blip in the "Calders" neighborhood, although that seems to have subsided in the last couple of days. 

I only use the the figures from 3 days ago as they are based on specimen dates and the last couple of days have incomplete data.  Edinburgh's case rate should fall over the next three days, probably back below 20. 

Edited by Footballfirst

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic