Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Following on from Ri Alban good news I also got the “ all clear “  on Monday after my illnesses and surgeries . It was certainly an anxious time with getting told you had to be seen “ urgently “ then being told I might have to wait for 14 weeks to be seen and diagnosed . Anyway it’s water under the bridge the NHS came through in the end as I had my second op couple weeks ago ( despite the Covid scare ) and now only need 3 monthly Checks . The biggest anxiety for me was watching daily briefings and hearing about operations being maybe delayed or cancelled  due to covid . It really got me in a state . That’s been the real negative . 

Glad it's worked out for you 👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe the SNP will make you quarantine when you cross the border from England into Scotland as well then........

It'll just be wee Jimmy K at Gretna and the dentist at the Carter Bar checking temperatures.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Scientists on the whole have been correct all the way through this.

Politicians in Europe, Americas have tried to appease the public too much and it's been a catastrophic failure.

We can't be sitting here on November going 'sake again by lifting restrictions too quickly and going overseas on holiday, or making it too easy to do so and take the risk of significant mutation.

Aim to surpress, eliminate as much as possible by the time over 50s get first dose; keep social distancing, use at least half the prevelance rates metrics we used for tiering last time aligned to new,test, trace, app download and household self isolation compliance metrics, fund self isolation for both employees and employers, split the UK into 10 component parts and warn each part that strict lockdown can happen at any time if outbreaks happen.

I think the scientists were spot on with their assessments and warnings but they don't have to worry about about the economy, unemployment, the mental health impact of being locked down etc etc

Trying to balance the economy and dealing with the virus has been the main balancing act for any government.

(This does not excuse people behaving like tossers)

22 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It'll just be wee Jimmy K at Gretna and the dentist at the Carter Bar checking temperatures.

tenor.gif

Carter bar ha ha ha, great views up there.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I took your advice James. I received the camera up the :whistling:thingy on Tuesday. Prostate glad is fine. Now it's just a CT scan on the 17th, then hopefully it's party time.

I'm thinking of volunteering for the vaccine different dose trial. Unless it's just for a certain age group? 

Well at least you got some action 😜

(Good news though and hope the scan gives you the all clear to move on 👍)

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway it’s water under the bridge the NHS came through in the end.

Good news, James. 👍

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the scientists were spot on with their assessments and warnings but they don't have to worry about about the economy, unemployment, the mental health impact of being locked down etc etc

Trying to balance the economy and dealing with the virus has been the main balancing act for any government.

Thing is the public health one -experts do.

And they called it right too that these in out lockdowns don't and have far worse downstream impacts than nipping it in the bud.  Second only to letting it run riot.

Edited by DETTY29

Just interested to know how others who had the vaccine are feeling. 

I had the Pfizer one last Monday. 

The nurse was giving me dire warnings about pain and discomfort and to make sure I had plenty Paracetamol handy. 

I never even felt the jag at the time and no swelling or red marks on the arm since no side effects at all. 

I didn't see the needle going in at the time, it's as if it didn't happen🤔

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That's one of getting the figures up we never thought of in all the discussions......

:jj:

manaliveits105

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The nurse was giving me dire warnings about pain and discomfort and to make sure I had plenty Paracetamol handy. 

I never even felt the jag at the time and no swelling or red marks on the arm since no side effects at all. 

A 75 year old neighbour had jag at EICC  the other day and next day was  aching all over with flu like symptoms which have passed now.

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

21 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

That's one of getting the figures up we never thought of in all the discussions......

🤣 the how many fake needles were used today stat.

What with this thread today? Hilarity and harmony over prostrates and other medical type thingys. 😮 @jonesynow SNP to

infiltrate and work for the Unionists from the inside. Maybe red works for the needlers and will get them to dl latest updates directly to us to save him having to come on at 2pm to post them

On a more “keepin’ it real” note Pfizer pull out of trying to apply to be used in India as they cant provide info required or chose not too.

35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So even the vaccinations are fake news. They're not even injecting them!

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣 the how many fake needles were used today stat.

What with this thread today? Hilarity and harmony over prostrates and other medical type thingys. 😮 @jonesynow SNP to

infiltrate and work for the Unionists from the inside. Maybe red works for the needlers and will get them to dl latest updates directly to us to save him having to come on at 2pm to post them

On a more “keepin’ it real” note Pfizer pull out of trying to apply to be used in India as they cant provide info required or chose not too.

I wish. :) It is indeed good to hear both ri's and James' positive medical news. :thumb:

Francis Albert
On 04/02/2021 at 10:39, redjambo said:

Only if we are provided with some form of written or digital proof that an individual has been vaccinated. I haven't seen any evidence that we're doing that yet in any systematic way. Denmark, on the other hand, are planning to implement a digital passport which will provide proof of vaccination: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-02-03/denmark-develop-digital-passport-showing-covid-vaccination

Not wanting to sound too cynical, but given this country's level of organisation, I find it difficult to imagine that we would be implementing a similar scheme. Overseas travel may have different requirements due to international obligations, so you may find that folk wanting to travel abroad would have to obtain some form of certification from the health board who provided them with a vaccine, on a needs rather than systematic basis.

If you travel to some parts of the world with some endemic diseases (like yellow fever for example) you already need a vaccine certificate. The requirement is policed (if it is) by the country you visit not the UK. Can't see why this would be different.

(The UK's  level of organisation when in it comes to vaccines has so far been world class)

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If you travel to some parts of the world with some endemic diseases (like yellow fever for example) you already need a vaccine certificate. The requirement is policed (if it is) by the country you visit not the UK. Can't see why this would be different.

(The UK's  level of organisation when in it comes to vaccines has so far been world class)

Correct FA. Often you're checked for the yellow fever vaccination before they even let you on the plane.

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Good news for both you and @ri Alban 🤘🏻

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wish. :) It is indeed good to hear both ri's and James' positive medical news. :thumb:

Thanks guys 👍

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So you're comparing the requirements that will be needed for travel in a world with Covid, a pandemic disease which literally exists worldwide, with a disease which is only found in a limited geographical area? Nice. Remember that for yellow fever, for example, the countries in question want to check that you're not going to catch it when you get there with all that entails. For Covid, the airlines and destination countries want to know that you don't actually already have it yourself and are not going to spread it to all and sundry. Entirely different scenarios.

Fxxx the SPFL

This is starting to get like the old dot counting thread from the Terrace see who can supply the covid figures first. joking aside appreciate the updates from FF and Red and others keep them coming folks

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Don't let the tabloids see this post. They love their headlines about vaccines causing untold side effects, they'd love to make folk think that they only reason they aren't getting side effects is that they were never injected in the first place. 

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep credit where its due 👍

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So you're comparing the requirements that will be needed for travel in a world with Covid, a pandemic disease which literally exists worldwide, with a disease which is only found in a limited geographical area? Nice. Remember that for yellow fever, for example, the countries in question want to check that you're not going to catch it when you get there with all that entails. For Covid, the airlines and destination countries want to know that you don't actually already have it yourself and are not going to spread it to all and sundry. Entirely different scenarios.

I wasn't saying anything about any scenario just pointing out that the idea of requiring vaccination certificates for foreign travel is not novel. 

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Does the vaccine stop you getting the virus? I'm sure that question will be viewed as meddling. It's not mean to be, I still can't get my head around it. We're tested for Covid (the disease) but immunised against the virus? Do we spread the virus or the disease to others?

I got my yellow fever jab in a back street clinic in Peru before travelling to Bolivia. Was worried it would be well dodgy, but it was exceptionally well run and they even had iron man on in the waiting room. My vaccination was never checked at the border though if memory serves me correctly.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I wasn't saying anything about any scenario just pointing out that the idea of requiring vaccination certificates for foreign travel is not novel. 

Surely travel insurance companies will want some kind of proof of up to date vaccination. 

If people can't prove they have been vaccinated they will either be refused cover or charged a high premium. 

Travel companies will surely not take bookings without proof of travel insurance cover. 

So in effect the non vaccinated are banned from travelling abroad. 

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hard fast lockdown including the borders closing and managed quarantine over the summer last year would have been the best time.  Plenty of places for Holidays in Scotland and even the U.K. 

Unfortunately mixing a Dreich Scottish winter with longer term restrictions (that lasted longer than they were meant to) is just going to add to the mental health impact. 

The Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine remains effective against the coronavirus variant first detected in Kent and the South East of the UK, researchers have found.

The Oxford University researchers who developed the jab say it has a similar efficacy against the variant compared to the original COVID-19 strain it was tested against.

Andrew Pollard, Professor of Paediatric Infection and Immunity, and chief investigator on the Oxford vaccine trial, said:

"Data from our trials of the ChAdOx1 vaccine in the United Kingdom indicate that the vaccine not only protects against the original pandemic virus, but also protects against the novel variant, B.1.1.7, which caused the surge in disease from the end of 2020 across the UK."

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Does the vaccine stop you getting the virus? I'm sure that question will be viewed as meddling. It's not mean to be, I still can't get my head around it. We're tested for Covid (the disease) but immunised against the virus? Do we spread the virus or the disease to others?

I got my yellow fever jab in a back street clinic in Peru before travelling to Bolivia. Was worried it would be well dodgy, but it was exceptionally well run and they even had iron man on in the waiting room. My vaccination was never checked at the border though if memory serves me correctly.

Taffin, those are excellent questions. We're tested for the virus and we spread the virus. As far as we know, yet, the vaccines don't actually stop you getting the virus (they don't provide "sterilising immunity"), they just allow the body to fight the virus better, reducing symptoms. Vaccinated people will still be able to transmit the virus, although according to the following article, "There are some early hints that certain vaccines might be able to reduce transmission, even if they can’t eliminate it entirely."

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Anyway, I am in no way an expert on virology, and welcome correction on anything I write on the subject. Do read the article I posted though as hopefully you will find it pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Did you not feel a prick?

I should point out, in the interests of balance, that if the article I just posted above is correct in that folk will still be able to spread the virus once vaccinated, then the idea of vaccination-related passports is moot, which counters any arguments I may have made about the use of vaccination passports. :) We still don't know how much vaccination actually reduces virus transmission but hopefully we will have a better idea as time goes along. I have to admit that personally I assumed that it would affect it by allowing the body to combat the virus so quickly that it would lessen the amount of time that a person was actively transmitting the virus elsewhere, but I don't think we know enough yet to know if that is a correct assumption or not.

35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

My understanding is in 70+% of cases it stops you getting seriously ill or dying but wont stop you catching it nor transmitting it🙃 Also takes a while to build up the immune system , part of why a lot of people are getting side effects. Id also imagine that the immune system response is a large reason why some have died soon after the vaccination. 

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Taffin, those are excellent questions. We're tested for the virus and we spread the virus. As far as we know, yet, the vaccines don't actually stop you getting the virus (they don't provide "sterilising immunity"), they just allow the body to fight the virus better, reducing symptoms. Vaccinated people will still be able to transmit the virus, although according to the following article, "There are some early hints that certain vaccines might be able to reduce transmission, even if they can’t eliminate it entirely."

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Anyway, I am in no way an expert on virology, and welcome correction on anything I write on the subject. Do read the article I posted though as hopefully you will find it pretty interesting.

They have come out today and also said its far more common than they thought to catch covid twice. Not sure where that leaves us. Could almost imagine a world of covid resistant people and covid susceptible people. 

can we just claim neds and people from Hamilton are assumed susceptible and put in covid susceptible camps? 

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I should point out, in the interests of balance, that if the article I just posted above is correct in that folk will still be able to spread the virus once vaccinated, then the idea of vaccination-related passports is moot, which counters any arguments I may have made about the use of vaccination passports. :) We still don't know how much vaccination actually reduces virus transmission but hopefully we will have a better idea as time goes along. I have to admit that personally I assumed that it would affect it by allowing the body to combat the virus so quickly that it would lessen the amount of time that a person was actively transmitting the virus elsewhere, but I don't think we know enough yet to know if that is a correct assumption or not.

This seems to be one of the reasons that Australia is being patient. Don’t jump on the first vaccine wait and see how it works and the results of it before deciding if its worth throwing money at. Meantime by proper behaviour and what appears strong leadership they seem to be living fairly normally

Dagger Is Back
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

They have come out today and also said its far more common than they thought to catch covid twice. Not sure where that leaves us. Could almost imagine a world of covid resistant people and covid susceptible people. 

can we just claim neds and people from Hamilton are assumed susceptible and put in covid susceptible camps? 

I think you'll have my good mate @SwindonJamboon here shortly claiming immunity for he and his family. i'll vouch for him but he'll probably agree with you about incarcerating the rest.

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes, the article I posted to mentioned a UK study of healthcare workers which found that "17% of those who had antibodies already when the study began – presumably from a first infection – caught it a second time."

Perversely, I did read something early on in the pandemic which suggested that if your body reacted quickly to the virus and fought it off in short order, the lesser amount of antibodies you had compared to a person who had taken a longer while to fight it off, meant that you could be more likely to catch it again. This would mean that you could have folk who catch it frequently, but recover quickly or even show no symptoms. I don't know if there has been any evidence of that though.

Scottish vaccination efforts have come good now anyway.  Better late than never.  At the current rate and if the rate sustains and supply meets it,  I think they could vaccinate the entire population by the end of May.  

Scottish numbers: 5 February 2021

Summary

• 895 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-254]
  • 21,943 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.9% of these were positive [-5,725; =]
  • 61 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 123 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 1,794 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-18]
  • 742,512 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 9,529 have received their second dose [+48,165; +498]

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

My understanding is in 70+% of cases it stops you getting seriously ill or dying but wont stop you catching it nor transmitting it🙃 Also takes a while to build up the immune system , part of why a lot of people are getting side effects. Id also imagine that the immune system response is a large reason why some have died soon after the vaccination. 

Importantly though Sadj, early studies of the Oxford vaccine show that it reduces onward transmission by up to 67%, which really is a game changer, if confirmed. Presumably those who do transmit it are only going to be transmitting low viral loads that would, in most cases, cause only mild symptoms in those infected.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 5 February 2021

Summary

• 895 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-254]
  • 21,943 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.9% of these were positive [-5,725; =]
  • 61 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+8]
  • 123 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4]
  • 1,794 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-18]
  • 742,512 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 9,529 have received their second dose [+48,165; +498]

Cheers.

Jeremy Hunt who chairs the WM Health Committee reckons England need to get to 1000 cases per day to ease restrictions.  That was last achieved in August consistently.  Primarily to get test and trace sorted.

Do you have archive data for when Scotland peaked then got down to 100 per day in wave 1.

With vaccines this should be achieved quicker.

Not saying in anyway this will be policy but its good (or not) to know thinking.

3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think you'll have my good mate @SwindonJamboon here shortly claiming immunity for he and his family. i'll vouch for him but he'll probably agree with you about incarcerating the rest.

Yup, stereotyping and generalising is not helpful. I haven’t visited my hometown for a year but no doubt it has Covidiots like every other town and village on the island. I’ve seen a few here. I would indeed lock them up, regardless of where they come from.

Signed, a born and bred (up to age 14)  Hamiltonian and Jambo of 35 years and counting. I still have loads of non immediate family in the area. My mum and dad are both from Blantyre, which makes Hamilton look like Morningside. They’re here too, nearly 80 and terrified of COVID but they got their 1st jabs a fortnight ago. They click and collect all their food.

I try not to respond to the Hamilton bashing I often see on here and it certainly won’t ever diminish my support for Hearts. Some of it’s warranted given the Council’s appalling mismanagement and neglect of the town centre (a Dump) but believe it or

not, it has some decent residential areas further out of town. Hearts attract support from outside the Edinburgh area with plenty dotted around the West, and many of those, like me with no family connections to the city. 

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     3 Feb 2 Feb 1 Feb 31 Jan 30 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     121 125 -4   126 132 138 136 140 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 226 218 +8   194 178 173 156 167 ... 60
Glasgow City 4 3 183 190 -7   190 199 209 212 219 ... 129
North Lanarkshire 4 3 183 192 -9   202 216 224 221 238 ... 119
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 180 170 +10   175 166 171 171 178 ... 120
Clackmannanshire 4 3 179 171 +8   171 177 159 173 184 ... 148
Renfrewshire 4 3 173 179 -6   173 174 176 169 178 ... 116
South Lanarkshire 4 3 162 176 -14   178 187 197 191 189 ... 120
North Ayrshire 4 3 157 169 -12   170 180 189 197 189 ... 175
East Ayrshire 4 3 152 155 -3   162 169 173 192 180 ... 153
East Renfrewshire 4 3 149 154 -5   169 185 191 174 177 ... 101
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 140 155 -15   164 173 179 178 179 ... 70
Inverclyde 4 2 140 140 0   134 147 153 148 150 ... 59
Stirling 4 3 134 136 -2   132 138 143 140 134 ... 70
West Lothian 4 3 130 138 -8   134 145 149 142 134 ... 83
Dundee City 4 3 127 126 +1   125 124 122 103 108 ... 113
South Ayrshire 4 3 112 123 -11   123 128 135 134 131 ... 98
Angus 4 2 111 108 +3   101 120 133 136 133 ... 37
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 101 103 -2   111 133 138 142 150 ... 32
Midlothian 4 3 100 105 -5   101 117 123 118 123 ... 136
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 98 89 +9   84 80 82 75 75 ... 29
Perth and Kinross 4 3 91 99 -8   104 109 116 122 105 ... 126
Haddingtonshire 4 3 86 91 -5   81 78 76 77 72 ... 148
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 86 82 +4   97 97 75 71 67 ... 22
Moray 4 1 81 83 -2   95 90 99 104 116 ... 13
Fife 4 3 70 78 -8   81 84 86 83 84 ... 97
Scottish Borders 4 1 66 76 -10   69 77 82 79 87 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 64 62 +2   58 67 71 71 78 ... 88
Edinburgh City 4 3 62 66 -4   68 71 76 73 74 ... 109
Highland 4/3 1 59 59 0   64 64 73 75 73 ... 17
Aberdeen City 4 3 55 58 -3   66 74 80 80 106 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   9 9 22 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     18840 19038 -198   18793 19328 19484 19457 20197 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     6.0 6.2 -0.2   6.3 6.5 6.7 6.6 6.6 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1760 1780 -20   1802 1821 1830 1837 1845 ... 975
ICU     136 139 -3   141 143 144 145 147 ... 50
Deaths     49 50 -1   54 55 57 57 57 ... 25
All Vaccinations     32742 N/A N/A   27062 25023 23258 23520 23593    
1st Dose     32394 N/A N/A   26753 24697 22928 23176 23243    
2nd Dose     348 N/A N/A   309 326 330 344 350    

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Following on from Ri Alban good news I also got the “ all clear “  on Monday after my illnesses and surgeries . It was certainly an anxious time with getting told you had to be seen “ urgently “ then being told I might have to wait for 14 weeks to be seen and diagnosed . Anyway it’s water under the bridge the NHS came through in the end as I had my second op couple weeks ago ( despite the Covid scare ) and now only need 3 monthly Checks . The biggest anxiety for me was watching daily briefings and hearing about operations being maybe delayed or cancelled  due to covid . It really got me in a state . That’s been the real negative . 

Good stuff bud. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The latest 7-day stats:

Pre- 7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today Yesterday     3 Feb 2 Feb 1 Feb 31 Jan 30 Jan ... 20 Dec
Scotland     121 125 -4   126 132 138 136 140 ... 98
Falkirk 4 2 226 218 +8   194 178 173 156 167 ... 60
Glasgow City 4 3 183 190 -7   190 199 209 212 219 ... 129
North Lanarkshire 4 3 183 192 -9   202 216 224 221 238 ... 119
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 180 170 +10   175 166 171 171 178 ... 120
Clackmannanshire 4 3 179 171 +8   171 177 159 173 184 ... 148
Renfrewshire 4 3 173 179 -6   173 174 176 169 178 ... 116
South Lanarkshire 4 3 162 176 -14   178 187 197 191 189 ... 120
North Ayrshire 4 3 157 169 -12   170 180 189 197 189 ... 175
East Ayrshire 4 3 152 155 -3   162 169 173 192 180 ... 153
East Renfrewshire 4 3 149 154 -5   169 185 191 174 177 ... 101
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 140 155 -15   164 173 179 178 179 ... 70
Inverclyde 4 2 140 140 0   134 147 153 148 150 ... 59
Stirling 4 3 134 136 -2   132 138 143 140 134 ... 70
West Lothian 4 3 130 138 -8   134 145 149 142 134 ... 83
Dundee City 4 3 127 126 +1   125 124 122 103 108 ... 113
South Ayrshire 4 3 112 123 -11   123 128 135 134 131 ... 98
Angus 4 2 111 108 +3   101 120 133 136 133 ... 37
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 101 103 -2   111 133 138 142 150 ... 32
Midlothian 4 3 100 105 -5   101 117 123 118 123 ... 136
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 98 89 +9   84 80 82 75 75 ... 29
Perth and Kinross 4 3 91 99 -8   104 109 116 122 105 ... 126
Haddingtonshire 4 3 86 91 -5   81 78 76 77 72 ... 148
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4 1 86 82 +4   97 97 75 71 67 ... 22
Moray 4 1 81 83 -2   95 90 99 104 116 ... 13
Fife 4 3 70 78 -8   81 84 86 83 84 ... 97
Scottish Borders 4 1 66 76 -10   69 77 82 79 87 ... 85
Aberdeenshire 4 3 64 62 +2   58 67 71 71 78 ... 88
Edinburgh City 4 3 62 66 -4   68 71 76 73 74 ... 109
Highland 4/3 1 59 59 0   64 64 73 75 73 ... 17
Aberdeen City 4 3 55 58 -3   66 74 80 80 106 ... 163
Orkney Islands 3 1 4 4 0   9 9 22 27 27 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 1 0 0 0   0 0 4 9 9 ... 0

7-day averages                          
Tests     18840 19038 -198   18793 19328 19484 19457 20197 ... 16839
Positivity rate %     6.0 6.2 -0.2   6.3 6.5 6.7 6.6 6.6 ... 5.2
Hospital (non-ICU)     1760 1780 -20   1802 1821 1830 1837 1845 ... 975
ICU     136 139 -3   141 143 144 145 147 ... 50
Deaths     49 50 -1   54 55 57 57 57 ... 25
All Vaccinations     32742 N/A N/A   27062 25023 23258 23520 23593    
1st Dose     32394 N/A N/A   26753 24697 22928 23176 23243    
2nd Dose     348 N/A N/A   309 326 330 344 350    

👍

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cheers.

Jeremy Hunt who chairs the WM Health Committee reckons England need to get to 1000 cases per day to ease restrictions.  That was last achieved in August consistently.  Primarily to get test and trace sorted.

Do you have archive data for when Scotland peaked then got down to 100 per day in wave 1.

With vaccines this should be achieved quicker.

Not saying in anyway this will be policy but its good (or not) to know thinking.

Check out the "New Cases and Deaths by Date Reported" chart at https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/ (click on the All button to see the data from March onwards). We broke back down through the 100 cases a day at the end of May and then back up through it again at the end of August.

The link that I posted to above shows that the correlation between having vaccinations and reducing the spread of transmission of the virus is not definitive and also appears to vary between specific vaccine (vaccines were designed primarily to reduce symptoms, not to reduce viral transmission). At best, from what I've read, there should be some measure of effect of the former on the latter, but it's too early to say how much that effect will constitute.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic