DCA3947D-9ACE-4818-A08A-3037214BE1A5.jpeg

That’s brutal.

Just thinking of your post early on.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s brutal.

Just thinking of your post early on.

Which one ? 

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The woman suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Yeah thought u meant that . Unfortunately many stories like that I’m afraid . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah thought u meant that . Unfortunately many stories like that I’m afraid . 

As you say lots like this sadly.

35 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Is Boris Johnson the cause of cancer now?

Not sure why this needs spelt out to you but he is the cause of people not getting treated for cancer.

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure why this needs spelt out to you but he is the cause of people not getting treated for cancer.

I sssume. He’s at the wind up hence not answering him 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I sssume. He’s at the wind up hence not answering him 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

🤣

Can someone explain to me why Grant Shapps said the UK can’t close its borders like Australia did as we are an island but not an island like Australia as its a continent , or rather how this works? 

Edited by sadj

7 hours ago, bairdy said:

Not long back from the EICC with the good lady after receiving our vaccinations.

The NHS staff there are 1st class, friendly and efficient. They're doing a great job, thanks to them all.

👏 👍

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Brass neck comes to mind 

DCA3947D-9ACE-4818-A08A-3037214BE1A5.jpeg

I took your advice James. I received the camera up the :whistling:thingy on Tuesday. Prostate glad is fine. Now it's just a CT scan on the 17th, then hopefully it's party time.

I'm thinking of volunteering for the vaccine different dose trial. Unless it's just for a certain age group? 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I took your advice James. I received the camera up the :whistling:thingy on Tuesday. Prostate glad is fine. Now it's just a CT scan on the 17th, then hopefully it's party time.

I'm thinking of volunteering for the vaccine different dose trial. Unless it's just for a certain age group? 

Great news, bud. Hopefully it was just the B12 that had you feeling under the weather. 👍

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just reading that U.K. and Greece working together to enable transport to Greece during the summer. It appear we are now developing vaccine passports type scheme and that they are going to be introduced to enable ‘safe’ travel. 

Greeks want tourism for economic reasons and believe AZ and Pzifer jabbed people will be safe and therefore welcomed. 

https://apple.news/AsI2tgn86QC2xm9mKz8ihvw

Good news. Hopefully Spain will be next. The airline can't survive another wasted year, written off by some politicians and scientists who are desperate to drag out control measures as long as they can.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Spain policy is vaccinating 70% of its population vaccinated before allow tourist to return. The view seemed to be autumn time before tourists returned. 

Whether they stick to that time will tell. 

I also will be interested to see how SG would react to that. Would they still enforce say quarantine they announced. Especially considering the view the second wave was fuelled by travel. 

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens.  I think a lot of factors were involved last summer including overseas travel.  However, students returning from all over the UK were also a big driver as was Scots going to Blackpool.  But, really,  it's night and day compared to last summer. The most vulnerable will be protected and a large proportion of the population will be vaccinated.  It looks like vaccines stop transmission and Oxford are talking about having a new vaccine variation ready by the Autumn. So, we probably just have to accept that the virus will be endemic but it will run up against a well protected population and shouldn't cause any more worry than other illnesses.  Nothing that justifies the damage of restrictions imo.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Spain policy is vaccinating 70% of its population vaccinated before allow tourist to return. The view seemed to be autumn time before tourists returned. 

I also will be interested to see how SG would react to that. Would they still enforce say quarantine they announced. Especially considering the view the second wave was fuelled by travel. 

yep some countries may be economical with the truth when providing how many per cent of their population have had the vaccine to get Tourists back quicker. I would hate to go to Spain and although vaccinated myself pick up a mild form of Covid ruining any Holiday. It was bad enough in the seventies spending three days on the pan with the Shits.

53 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Great news, bud. Hopefully it was just the B12 that had you feeling under the weather. 👍

37 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Good news, glad all moving in right direction. 

I think the trial is only in Englandshire at the moment and you need to be 50 and over is my understanding. 

Cheers lads. 👍

It's just great the vaccine has put a big massive light at the end of the tunnel and all groups that are most at risk from death will be safe in the coming weeks. Roll on the spring/summer. 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hasn’t the fish said no foreign travel this year? I’m sure she it recently, maybe last weeks review. 

I think the SG is going to be very anti foreign travel this year, unless something significant changes. 

The fish is wanting us all to stay at home and support our domestic tourist industry this year, and probably next. We can be one happy wee insular Jock bubble.

Nucky Thompson
41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Hasn’t the fish said no foreign travel this year? I’m sure she it recently, maybe last weeks review. 

I think the SG is going to be very anti foreign travel this year, unless something significant changes. 

I’ll probably be too far down the queue to even take advantage of any vaccination passports 😡

If the UK government decide to open foreign travel again then Sturgeon will not be able to stop it in Scotland 

25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The fish is wanting us all to stay at home and support our domestic tourist industry this year, and probably next. We can be one happy wee insular Jock bubble.

Go abroad.

Come back and quarantine in a hotel in Scotland you pay for.

Everyone is a winner surely?

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Go abroad.

Which effectively rules out foreign holidays for the vast majority of the population.

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Which effectively rules out foreign holidays for the vast majority of the population.

It wouldn't happen in Scotland if the UK allowed travel.

Even if she wanted to quarantine people after they land in Scotland. 

It would only make Scottish people fly from English airports and no airline flying from down south would make Scottish people fill in a passenger locator form just for the SG.

She would be basically bankrupting Scottish airports

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thought about that. Tried booking something up north and prices already going through the roof so i'll stick to Edinburgh and day trips.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe the SNP will make you quarantine when you cross the border from England into Scotland as well then........

Lol Good luck with that :biggrin2:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Thought about that. Tried booking something up north and prices already going through the roof so i'll stick to Edinburgh and day trips.

Aye it's going to be extortionate.

You could get a week's all inclusive for a family of 4 in the Balearics for the price of a weekend in a cabin at Strathyre in the pishing rain.

p.s. There's only so many times you can ping round the NC500 before it's just not fun or interesting any more.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

If the UK has vaccinated nearly everyone over 60 and, say, Spain has done the same then it would be harsh to deny any travel between the two countries.

At some point we need to make that leap, but testing needs to be done before any travel.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I'd imagine they will be very cautious to see how the vaccines get on against all the new variants that are popping up. I certainly won't be booking any holidays for this year. 

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:
14 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe the SNP will make you quarantine when you cross the border from England into Scotland as well then........

Lol Good luck with that :biggrin2:

Sturgeon's Border Force waiting for Nucky to try and sneak back over the wall.

Image result for scots hiding behind hadrians wall

Scientists on the whole have been correct all the way through this.

Politicians in Europe, Americas have tried to appease the public too much and it's been a catastrophic failure.

We can't be sitting here on November going 'sake again by lifting restrictions too quickly and going overseas on holiday, or making it too easy to do so and take the risk of significant mutation.

Aim to surpress, eliminate as much as possible by the time over 50s get first dose; keep social distancing, use at least half the prevelance rates metrics we used for tiering last time aligned to new,test, trace, app download and household self isolation compliance metrics, fund self isolation for both employees and employers, split the UK into 10 component parts and warn each part that strict lockdown can happen at any time if outbreaks happen.

Edited by DETTY29

Nucky Thompson

I wonder how many variants of the Spanish flu would have been found if we had the technology back then.

We surely can't keep things locked down longer than necessary just in case more variants 'might' come along

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol: Show us yir papers Sassanach 

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wonder how many variants of the Spanish flu would have been found if we had the technology back then.

We surely can't keep things locked down longer than necessary just in case more variants 'might' come along

But we aren't in Spanish flu times.

We are 100 years on.

Attitude to many things is different  notably how and what can be done to prevent people dying.

And a continual inquiry compensation culture.

Edited by DETTY29

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

But we aren't in Spanish flu times.

We are 100 years on.

When formulating his hypothetical question I'd assume that Nucky was probably aware of that.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Go abroad.

That plan will be consigned to the dustbin before the summer imo. Would devastate our economy.

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is that The Robbie?

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We can't and won't.  I think it's been clear all along that certain politicians and scientists are getting high on being able to control the population.  They've met little resistance so far but if they try to spin this out much past late Spring,  that will change.  Admirable as it is to try to find a cure for death, living, fortunately,  takes precedence 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We can't and won't.  I think it's been clear all along that certain politicians and scientists are getting high on being able to control the population.  They've met little resistance so far but if they try to spin this out much past late Spring,  that will change.  Admirable as it is to try to find a cure for death, living, fortunately,  takes precedence 

Just in your head.

It is true people don't like being told what to do. You just confirm that. 

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

DONT ! 

Even joke about that  😭

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol: Show us yir papers Sassanach 

You've got that swarthy hue of the Levant about you, Nucky, especially in the summer.

You'd get your marching orders southwards, pronto.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

The seethe would be immense.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Great news !!!  Very happy for you ! I’m sure the other thing will be fine too 👍👍👍

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Great news !!!  Very happy for you ! I’m sure the other thing will be fine too 👍👍👍

Do you think the CT scan will find a brain?

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just in your head.

It is true people don't like being told what to do. You just confirm that. 

You weren't raised in China by any chance?

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Do you think the CT scan will find a brain?

Lol yes but I’ll be coloured white and blue ! 

Following on from Ri Alban good news I also got the “ all clear “  on Monday after my illnesses and surgeries . It was certainly an anxious time with getting told you had to be seen “ urgently “ then being told I might have to wait for 14 weeks to be seen and diagnosed . Anyway it’s water under the bridge the NHS came through in the end as I had my second op couple weeks ago ( despite the Covid scare ) and now only need 3 monthly Checks . The biggest anxiety for me was watching daily briefings and hearing about operations being maybe delayed or cancelled  due to covid . It really got me in a state . That’s been the real negative . 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's my only hope, Bri.

As only one of my kids will be back in school this month, does that mean I have freedom to choose the list MP from a more respectable party?

Pick a green one 😏

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic