Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Footballfirst
48 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ok, everyone can relax now, here's the daily technicolour chart. There's a noticeable wee spike of cases in Falkirk, but otherwise the case rates are still generally reducing, albeit slowly. Note that there are no 7-day vaccination figures available for today because the figures released by the SG on 29 January covered 2 days.

Your missing vaccination figures have probably been recorded within the UK figures

I have a record of Scotland's as: (they may be a day out between your actual/reporting dates) 

Scotland 25/01/2021 11364 155 415402 5538
Scotland 26/01/2021 22498 522 437900 6060
Scotland 27/01/2021 24192 536 462092 6596
Scotland 28/01/2021 29566 187 491658 6783
Scotland 29/01/2021 24197 312 515855 7045

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

They were saying in the paper this morning about having a 10 day festival of football where 3 rounds of the SC would be played over the 10 days. They are running out of dates to play the games and there was also talk of playing it next season and having the final in December again

:(

Looks like only 80% elderley care home residents have been 1st dose vaccinated in England.

It's not really an issue with the vaccine rollout because GPs visited homes but couldn't get in due to outbreaks

It's WM, NHS England has learned sod all after wave 1 care home impacts

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Red have you any idea what Edinburgh numbers were before this lockdown?

I've been tracking the cases (by specemin date) and 7 day / 100k averages for Edinburgh since the end of August.

image.png.0350da8f9cfcb8f607c370eedaab3d01.png

Edited by Footballfirst

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Here , I said Id put up redjambos figures I never promised any graphs and figures for all da cities and other areas and I also never promised you a rose garden 💁🏻‍♂️

I beg your pardon? :peepwall:

44 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks. You know there's a wee problem in the area when the local bus company announce that they have 8 staff members who have tested positive at one of its depots, but a spokesperson for the company says that there is “no evidence of a link between cases".

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/health/coronavirus/first-bus-confirms-larbert-depot-coronavirus-outbreak-3121899

This is definitely the sort of situation, imo, where the SG needs to very quickly set up a rapid mass testing unit in order to nip the virus in the bud.

What does that achieve? 🙈 the chances of no link must be more unlikely that winning the lottery 5times in a row surely. 

glad your appt went well , i took my role of supervisor of completed tasks importantly and as its you i wont even ask for recompense... More so thank you to FF saving me doing it ****ing it up and causing carnage on here 😉

9 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I beg your pardon? :peepwall:

Along with the sunshine theres gotta be a little rain sometime...or in case of here a lot of snow.........

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've been tracking the cases (by specemin date) and 7 day / 100k averages for Edinburgh since the end of August.

👍

Malinga the Swinga
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cannae wait til the summer, everything will be back to normal and hopefully we can get to see Hearts lift the SC at Hampden and Scotland crowned European Champions at Wembley. 

Happy days are coming, good folks of JKB. 

:yas:

Sadly, feel you are mistaken. Can't see Scotland beating Spain in final. 

The other is a certainty. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

What is it that some people just cannot grasp

Use or lose,,,they had 15 minutes to find people to vaccinate

A medical centre received angry calls and one staff member was threatened after players at a nearby football club were given Covid vaccines.

Chesterfield FC said some players and staff, "most of them vulnerable", were given jabs to stop them being wasted.

However, the medical centre which gave the vaccines has received dozens of angry phone calls since news of the vaccinations appeared in the media.

One threatened a female member of staff, saying he knew where she lived.

The woman has reported the threat to Derbyshire Police, which has confirmed it is investigating.

She told the BBC: "My personal details have been put out and I've actually had threats because of this. I got a call saying they knew where I and my family live and to get ready.

"I'm trying to do my job and I've had almost 40 calls this morning. People are phoning the surgery to complain about what's happened because it's been misinterpreted by a reporter who rang me yesterday and was really aggressive.

"It's become very upsetting. I've been on to the police this morning trying to deal with the threats. It's not nice."

She said the players and staff members were given the Pfizer vaccine, which is stored at sub-zero temperatures and has to be used up after being thawed.

It comes after a thousand doses of Pfizer vaccine - worth £12,000 - had to be thrown away in Warwickshire because a parcel was left unrefrigerated for two-and-a-half hours.

"They are very precious vaccines and we are trying desperately not to waste them," said the NHS staff member who was threatened.

"They had to get there within 15 minutes or it would have gone down the drain.

"We're working 12 hours a day, seven days a week to try and get this done and all of that work has been overshadowed by this."

Anyone who criticises surgery for doing this wants locking up. Since when did doing the right and sensible thing become bad. 

Media in UK are in general a disgrace, a muck raking bunch of shit stirrers who have no idea of the damage they are causing to people. 

22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Red have you any idea what Edinburgh numbers were before this lockdown?

The country went into the state where almost all areas were tier four on 26 December. The last calculable 7-day rate before that (the SG didn't release daily data over Christmas), was on 24 Dec when Edinburgh had a figure of 146, but it had risen over the few days before that (as part of the current surge which we're only now recovering from) from about a level of 110.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question though. Many consider proper lockdown, for example, to have begun on 5 January when the stay at home regulations came into effect, so I may have misinterpreted your question. If that is your case, then the Edinburgh 7-day case figure on 5 January was 239. The figure increased the next day to 242 and has been decreasing ever since then, with the odd wee spike.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Scottish numbers: 4 February 2021

Summary

• 1,149 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+171]
  • 27,668 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 4.9% of these were positive [+4,861; -0.2%]
  • 53 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-35]
  • 127 people are in intensive care with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-4*]
  • 1,812 people are in hospital with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-53]
  • 694,347 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 9,031 have received their second dose [+45,085; +273]

* Yesterday's ICU figure was revised from 128 to 131.

Good to see vaccination figure going up. Hope we get up to 50,000 or more daily as days go by

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

the chances of no link must be more unlikely that winning the lottery 5times in a row surely.

You would have thought so.

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

glad your appt went well , i took my role of supervisor of completed tasks importantly and as its you i wont even ask for recompense... More so thank you to FF saving me doing it ****ing it up and causing carnage on here 😉

To be honest with you, the side of me that loves chaos would have preferred that. :D

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Anyone who criticises surgery for doing this wants locking up. Since when did doing the right and sensible thing become bad. 

Media in UK are in general a disgrace, a muck raking bunch of shit stirrers who have no idea of the damage they are causing to people. 

They know what harm they are doing, they just don't give a feck, because they know there will be no repercussions for them.

The media also know that they are untrusted, can you remember the YouGov poll back in May/June last year which found that the public trusted Boris more than they trusted the media, that just says it all.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You would have thought so.

To be honest with you, the side of me that loves chaos would have preferred that. :D

🤣🤣🤣 maybe just on a random day completely alter all the figures and wait til the chaos ensues before correcting it 😈

Just now, sadj said:

🤣🤣🤣 maybe just on a random day completely alter all the figures and wait til the chaos ensues before correcting it 😈

What do you think I have been doing all this time? ;)

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Hugh Phamism said:

Population of 4000, but no large communities as such

image.png.afba4df109a952f40d17f664f4c832dc.png

It could be that they are finding it with mass testing in the area https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-scotland-denny-residents-and-workers-urged-get-tested-coronavirus-even-without-symptoms-cases-rises-3101451?amp

Toxteth O'Grady
43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The daily cases always seem to dip at the most recent date. Is that because it is the test specimen date and all the test results for the most recent dates are not known yet? 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Sadly, feel you are mistaken. Can't see Scotland beating Spain in final. 

The other is a certainty. 

:D

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The daily cases always seem to dip at the most recent date. Is that because it is the test specimen date and all the test results for the most recent dates are not known yet? 

Yes.  There were 55 positives reported today for Edinburgh in the latest stats. Only 14 of them related to the most recent specimen date of 3rd February.

Toxteth O'Grady
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes.  There were 55 positives reported today for Edinburgh in the latest stats. Only 14 of them related to the most recent specimen date of 3rd February.

That’s the danger of showing very recent incomplete data. It gives us a false impression that it is coming down faster than it really is. 

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

What is it that some people just cannot grasp

Use or lose,,,they had 15 minutes to find people to vaccinate

A medical centre received angry calls and one staff member was threatened after players at a nearby football club were given Covid vaccines.

Chesterfield FC said some players and staff, "most of them vulnerable", were given jabs to stop them being wasted.

However, the medical centre which gave the vaccines has received dozens of angry phone calls since news of the vaccinations appeared in the media.

One threatened a female member of staff, saying he knew where she lived.

The woman has reported the threat to Derbyshire Police, which has confirmed it is investigating.

She told the BBC: "My personal details have been put out and I've actually had threats because of this. I got a call saying they knew where I and my family live and to get ready.

"I'm trying to do my job and I've had almost 40 calls this morning. People are phoning the surgery to complain about what's happened because it's been misinterpreted by a reporter who rang me yesterday and was really aggressive.

"It's become very upsetting. I've been on to the police this morning trying to deal with the threats. It's not nice."

She said the players and staff members were given the Pfizer vaccine, which is stored at sub-zero temperatures and has to be used up after being thawed.

It comes after a thousand doses of Pfizer vaccine - worth £12,000 - had to be thrown away in Warwickshire because a parcel was left unrefrigerated for two-and-a-half hours.

"They are very precious vaccines and we are trying desperately not to waste them," said the NHS staff member who was threatened.

"They had to get there within 15 minutes or it would have gone down the drain.

"We're working 12 hours a day, seven days a week to try and get this done and all of that work has been overshadowed by this."

Hounded and threatened for using commonsense to make sure vaccines don't get wasted. 

What's up with people these days ? 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

That’s the danger of showing very recent incomplete data. It gives us a false impression that it is coming down faster than it really is. 

While the case numbers in the graph I posted earlier included 3rd Feb, the 7 day average figure was for the week ending 1st February, which is the same figure used in the government stats. (67.44)

So R number is below 1 in Scotland and the number of new infections below look positive.

The number of new daily infections for Scotland is estimated as being between 31 and 71, per 100,000 people.

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, steve123 said:

So R number is below 1 in Scotland and the number of new infections below look positive.

The number of new daily infections for Scotland is estimated as being between 31 and 71, per 100,000 people.

Equates to 0.7 to 0.9 in old money 

The hotel quarantine plan delayed further , Vaccines minister says Hancock will put some detail out about it next week maybe possibly if we can be bothered or have to but we dont want to cause oor pals might be pissed off at the idea. 😎

Why is this still not in the details of how itll work are known and and a date for implementation in place?

Not long back from the EICC with the good lady after receiving our vaccinations.

The NHS staff there are 1st class, friendly and efficient. They're doing a great job, thanks to them all.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, bairdy said:

Not long back from the EICC with the good lady after receiving our vaccinations.

The NHS staff there are 1st class, friendly and efficient. They're doing a great job, thanks to them all.

This.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, bairdy said:

glad you've had the vaccine all the best and hopefully no side effects

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

glad you've had the vaccine all the best and hopefully no side effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Toxteth O'Grady
18 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Good stuff - these places will do loads of people, the GP’s will pick up most of the rest and the rest might take a bit longer 

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

The hotel quarantine plan delayed further , Vaccines minister says Hancock will put some detail out about it next week maybe possibly if we can be bothered or have to but we dont want to cause oor pals might be pissed off at the idea. 😎

Why is this still not in the details of how itll work are known and and a date for implementation in place?

Its a head scratcher.

All they have to do is agree the exemption categories and do a deal with the hotel chains before announcing the start date e.g. one week.

They also need to ensure the airlines have collected the money up front.  You cannot allow people out of the airport who can't or won't pay.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

While the case numbers in the graph I posted earlier included 3rd Feb, the 7 day average figure was for the week ending 1st February, which is the same figure used in the government stats. (67.44)

Aye it’s looking like it is going the right way. Just the impatience to know the very latest! I’ll ignore the very end of the graph in future

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pleased for you both and all the very best. 

My daughter, an ICU nurse, gets her 2nd jab at the end of February. 

We are both in the 60-64 age range so hopefully late March / April.

my daughter's the same jonno had her first just waiting on word or the second she's on maternity leave just now hopefully see you soon at the first home game just to make sure your'e out your seat a few times during the match weak bladder and all that. Me and the missus about the same although she's not 60 until November

Footballfirst
Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Aye it’s looking like it is going the right way. Just the impatience to know the very latest! I’ll ignore the very end of the graph in future

In the latest report on Covid modelling, where the "R number" is published, there is also a table with projected case numbers a couple of weeks ahead.  The forecast for Edinburgh is that the likelihood of the 7 day/100k rate being above 50 is just 5%-15%, i.e. 85%-95% that it will be below 50. See page 21 from the link below.

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/research-and-analysis/2021/02/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-issue-no-37/documents/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-scotland-issue-no-37/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-scotland-issue-no-37/govscot%3Adocument/coronavirus-covid-19-modelling-epidemic-scotland-issue-no-37.pdf

30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

maxresdefault.jpg

🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its a head scratcher.

All they have to do is agree the exemption categories and do a deal with the hotel chains before announcing the start date e.g. one week.

They also need to ensure the airlines have collected the money up front.  You cannot allow people out of the airport who can't or won't pay.

Obviously part of that was tongue in cheek but it just makes no sense unless they are hoping that they can just faff until things improve and not do it at all. Should have been done ages ago. Testing door to door on full postcodes is all good and well but when you just call someone and say please self isolate for two weeks its kind of redundant. People who dont want to self isolate wont , there is no repercussions for them and again its all just half assed measures instead of actually resolving the problem properly. We keep going round in circles and it always comes back to half assed regulations and no consequences.

Edited by sadj

Weakened Offender
28 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Obviously part of that was tongue in cheek but it just makes no sense unless they are hoping that they can just faff until things improve and not do it at all. 

Consistent 'strategy' throughout their appalling handling of the crisis. 

Footballfirst

Reports of incidents in Kilmarnock, including a nurse being stabbed at Crosshouse Hospital in the town.

Officers in Kilmarnock are currently dealing with two serious incidents in the town at this time, one at Crosshouse Hospital and a second in Portland Street. These areas are cordoned off and the public are asked to avoid them at this time.
Edited by Footballfirst

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Reports of incidents in Kilmarnock, including a nurse being stabbed at Crosshouse Hospital in the town.

Officers in Kilmarnock are currently dealing with two serious incidents in the town at this time, one at Crosshouse Hospital and a second in Portland Street. These areas are cordoned off and the public are asked to avoid them at this time.

Three serious incidents now.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic