Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Lord BJ said:

Fair enough but struggling understand why Parliament recalled for that, they can’t change the outcome. Can understand debating implication and new policy but seems to strange to recall Parliament. 

That can be done after. 

I suspect I’m missing something. 

I don't think you're missing anything at all, it's just, this is the devolved parliament's job, and they need to decide whether they're giving legislative consent to the bill or not. It'll be ignored, because Westminster doesn't care about the constitutional order, but that fact is what ought to be highlighted if there were a functioning press here.

To be fair it also gives unionist fantasists the opportunity to lie and pretend Brexit doesn't touch devolved competencies, even though it does all over the place.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Fishes conference today may be about vaccine as opposed to bad news. Though probably both.

Come on you should know by now “ the fish “ hates delivering good. Without a kick to the baws with some “ bad news “ ! It’s been her style all along . She might change things around today and give the “ bad “ news first 

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Contracting Cv-19 and recovering doesn't guarantee immunity, some unfortunate's have copped it twice.

Yep, one of the major problems with the various coronaviruses. We've all caught the same common cold virus loads of times.

Selkirk_Jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

My other half said she's getting the jab. Her Covid-19 was "mild". Yet it still kicked her arse. She said she's not going back through that again.

Neither am I.  Traipsing up & down the bloody stairs with food & drink for her. 

It was pretty much the same for me. In general terms, my Covid time was relatively mild but I would absolutely not want to go through it again. I was knocked out for a solid week and felt the after effects for a good couple of weeks thereafter. Plus, there isn't anything conclusive as to how long you are protected after having it. 

I'll be getting the vaccine at the earliest opportunity. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Everything isn't shut. And that is where they have failed. Shops and supermarkets should be open on a 9 til 5 and that's it. No fecking about. And if it comes to it, the Spanish polis should be hired to deal with it. 

What a stupid comment ! Seriously . If they seeing open those hours they would be ranmmed therefore a higher chance of transmissions . Are u drunk ? 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Come on you should know by now “ the fish “ hates delivering good. Without a kick to the baws with some “ bad news “ ! It’s been her style all along . She might change things around today and give the “ bad “ news first 

Life is real not just happy clapping.

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Think you'll be right. I know your not advocating it, but if they bring in curfews that'll be the straw that breaks the camels back for me personally. Disagreed with a lot of the rest but went along with them anyway, curfews? Nope.

Same here Taffin 

Just now, Lord BJ said:

No I was missing something but I get it now due to your explanation, I assumed we didn’t need to get legislative consent as reserved. Didn’t realise still a protocol to go through👍

I mean, the protocol and conventions are completely ignored at Westminster level :lol: But they're still trying to follow them at SG level.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I want a date for when I can getting jabbed up or she can GTF with her announcements  tbh

Haha I feel this energy for sure

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What a stupid comment ! Seriously . If they seeing open those hours they would be ranmmed therefore a higher chance of transmissions . Are u drunk ? 

I would certainly stop the 24 hour opening.
Even under normal circumstances I think it’s pointless.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Are you thick. Too much bleach has meltit yer grey matter. 

Anyway, I thought iyo, covid isn't dangerous or even real. So why would you give a feck if it was ranmmed full when you go. Just go in with your masketeers and hug each other. 👍 I'm in tesco the noo, and it's full of Saltires and Lion Rampants. So you onionists can go to sainsbury, or Asda. 

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, OBE said:

Contracting Cv-19 and recovering doesn't guarantee immunity, some unfortunate's have copped it twice.

Indeed. However it is extremely rare to catch the virus twice. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What makes you think it will get you naturally immunised instead of "long covid" symptoms that last for the remainder of your life?

Had it been proven you can’t get ‘long Covid’ symptoms from the vaccines?

As a relatively young person, it’s entirely possible that I could obtain far fewer symptoms and better immunity by not having the vaccine. It’s worth noting that people died after taking the Pfizer vaccine. I believe I heard a virologist say that hospitalisation post vaccine amongst low risk groups were higher than people who contracted the virus.

Maroon Sailor
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Fishes conference today may be about vaccine as opposed to bad news. Though probably both.

You can bet your bottom dollar any good news will be well and truly offset by doom and gloom with her

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Getting an Asda delivery today. First time I've ever had to use it.

Be the highlight of my day. :sadrobbo:

Wait till you see everything they send goes out of date tomorrow.

::troll::

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Indeed. However it is extremely rare to catch the virus twice. 

I think that was part of the testing process, so I think its been proven within all reasonable bounds.

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

As a relatively young person, it’s entirely possible that I could obtain far fewer symptoms and better immunity by not having the vaccine. It’s worth noting that people died after taking the Pfizer vaccine. I believe I heard a virologist say that hospitalisation post vaccine amongst low risk groups were higher than people who contracted the virus.

You could also be a super-spreader responsible for the virus mutating into a more deadly strain, and willfully not taking the vaccine risks infecting others who cannot yet get the vaccine e.g. immuno-suppressed (who I believe are waiting for another vaccine).

I think your second point sounds implausible.

The fact is that we need to get on top of this and get the economy functioning again to get society back to a new normal away from lockdowns.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I don't think you're missing anything at all, it's just, this is the devolved parliament's job, and they need to decide whether they're giving legislative consent to the bill or not. It'll be ignored, because Westminster doesn't care about the constitutional order, but that fact is what ought to be highlighted if there were a functioning press here.

To be fair it also gives unionist fantasists the opportunity to lie and pretend Brexit doesn't touch devolved competencies, even though it does all over the place.

What do you think Westminster should do in response to a Holyrood rejection of the deal?

Folk wanting shops and supermarkets to be open all day with workers stuck indoors for ours, but are unable to follow the rules themselves. 

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think that was part of the testing process, so I think its been proven within all reasonable bounds.

You could also be a super-spreader responsible for the virus mutating into a more deadly strain, and willfully not taking the vaccine risks infecting others who cannot yet get the vaccine e.g. immuno-suppressed (who I believe are waiting for another vaccine).

I think your second point sounds implausible.

The fact is that we need to get on top of this and get the economy functioning again to get society back to a new normal away from lockdowns.

I understand there is an element of social responsibility. As I said earlier I’m certainly not anti vaccinations. My kids have had their first vaccines and have the follow up on the 8th.

However, Covid vaccinations are different. We have never developed a vaccination this quickly, in fact in America the vaccine manufacturers cannot be held accountable for side effects. They have been given full immunity, this worries me.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

What do you think Westminster should do in response to a Holyrood rejection of the deal?

I don't care what they don't do. It'll just prove again what Scots are to the WM Elite.

A post pandemic independent Scotland is but months away. Tick Tock. 

And you can blame the shite cook for this btw. He opened the anti Scottish door and I'm not gonnae ignore it. 

13 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

The vaccines don't contain a virus. A virus is a necessary condition for causing long Covid symptoms in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

As a relatively young person, it’s entirely possible that I could obtain far fewer symptoms and better immunity by not having the vaccine.

You're asking for proof you can't get long Covid from vaccines in the same post you wrote this.

15 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It’s worth noting that people died after taking the Pfizer vaccine.

It's worth noting that people have died after attending the football.

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

However, Covid vaccinations are different. We have never developed a vaccination this quickly

Three decades of messenger RNA vaccine development

15 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Or subbed for nothing like what you wanted

2 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Junkies don't exactly have a good name

injecting stuff and they don't really know what's in it etc

so what's in the covid injection ?

and what independent third party verifies that ?

and what do you do if something goes wrong ?

especially if the gov has given them indemnity ?

Take care

TW

Watch this (posted November). It explains well how it works.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

The U.K. and pretty much every country waived liability against the pharmaceucals, nothing sinister about it, it’s because they have been asked to compress their guidelines to get this done.

For what it's worth, there ought to be a compensation scheme in place everywhere, especially considering the profits that are coming.

Anti-vaxxers, illiterate in math, completely ignore the overall risk reduction that vaccines accomplish, and then use things like waived liability, without context, to push their conspiracy theories.

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Getting an Asda delivery today. First time I've ever had to use it.

Be the highlight of my day. :sadrobbo:

We've had Asda deliveries for months. Generally not too many swaps (certainly nothing like Sainsbury's who gave us a bunch of bananas instead of a pack of first class stamps once) and an entertaining game (not child labour) for our toddler to help put away.

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’m certainly not an anti vaccination type of person. However as an otherwise healthy person would I be better getting Covid and getting naturally immunised? 

57 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No, not in the slightest.

However, you may well have a better/similar resistance to developing Covid 19 from your immune system alone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Where are you going to 'get Covid' from? 

Sainsburys?

Getting the vaccine is straightforward. Getting Covid, as said risks long term disability. 

26 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

That’s still better than my one and only experience. Fiancé and I needing to self isolate while one of her colleagues awaits test results. Asda delivery order done. Time slot 2-4pm. Call at 6:30 stating he can’t find our address. Redirect him. Call 5 minutes later saying he still can’t find it so will have to cancel the delivery. Proceeds to drive past our house (for the first time) and away back to the shop. Chinese for tea woohoo. 

On the face of it, this is absolutely outstanding news. The Oxford vaccine sounds like the pick of the bunch by some distance. Exactly what is needed right now. 

Neil Dongcaster
8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The vaccines don't contain a virus. A virus is a necessary condition for causing long Covid symptoms in the first place.

You're asking for proof you can't get long Covid from vaccines in the same post you wrote this.

It's worth noting that people have died after attending the football.

Three decades of messenger RNA vaccine development

I understand the vaccine does not contain live virus. However the most common ‘long covid’ symptoms are fatigue and muscle soreness. I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain percentage of the population had these same long term symptoms due to the vaccine. 

I never asked if it’s been proven if you can get long covid from the vaccine. I asked if you can get the same symptoms from the vaccines in response to someone asking if I’m concerned about long covid.

Your point about people dying attending the football is frivolous jibberish.

I understand there has been research into other viruses closely associated with Covid, however these vaccines are so complex that simple molecular changes can have severe unintended consequences. It’s why we have such rigid guidelines in place for vaccine development. 

If Covid was killing 5-10% of the population I could understand the fast track and decimation of our economy. It isn’t, it’s sub 1% or the equivalent of passive smoking.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sainsburys?

Getting the vaccine is straightforward. Getting Covid, as said risks long term disability. 

I don’t understand your question? We are in lockdown and people are still catching covid. 

I haven’t decided not to get the vaccine. I just personally don’t see the need as the risks to my health are extremely low from catching covid. 

I’m more at risk driving to get the vaccine than I am catching covid and developing life effecting symptoms. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Your point about people dying attending the football is frivolous jibberish.

It is that correlation is not causation. It wasn't shown there was increased incidence of death for non-placebo vaccine trial participants, which is actually what matters.

9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I understand the vaccine does not contain live virus. However the most common ‘long covid’ symptoms are fatigue and muscle soreness. I wouldn’t be surprised if a certain percentage of the population had these same long term symptoms due to the vaccine.

And this is again speculation. You are continuing to apply double standards. Just be consistent.

8 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I don’t understand your question? We are in lockdown and people are still catching covid. 

I haven’t decided not to get the vaccine. I just personally don’t see the need as the risks to my health are extremely low from catching covid. 

I’m more at risk driving to get the vaccine than I am catching covid and developing life effecting symptoms. 

How are you planning to get Covid?

You asked if you should get it? 

12 minutes ago, pablo said:

On the face of it, this is absolutely outstanding news. The Oxford vaccine sounds like the pick of the bunch by some distance. Exactly what is needed right now. 

👍

For all the backwards and forwards bickering, it certainly is......

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sainsburys?

So the vaccine prevents 62%(70%?) of the trial participants getting Covid 19 with severe symptoms. What percentage of people in the healthy, lower age categories get the disease and severe symptoms after exposure to the virus?

Mine was a genuine shoulder shrug. I'd have thought they were pretty similar outcomes.

Sure, I'd they get the dosing authorised in a manner that gets it up to 90% then of course that's a whole different ball game.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

The community hubs seem sensible, it's the staffing that will be the issue.  

Scotland has 1769 vaccinators with plan to use 1400 for Covid (not sure why not all).

So very simplistically

4.4m by 1400 is each vaccinator doing 3150 people each.

12 hour shift, 15 mins per appt is only 48 each per day which takes 66 days for Scotland.

All other variants not taken into account, but seems a feasible plan if vaccines available.

We need to push this through asap.

Edit - not factored in double dose, damn.

Numbers and calculations aside, it's just great to be having this conversation. There's no reason why we can't do this. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So the vaccine prevents 62%(70%?) of the trial participants getting Covid 19 with severe symptoms. What percentage of people in the healthy, lower age categories get the disease and severe symptoms after exposure to the virus?

Mine was a genuine shoulder shrug. I'd have thought they were pretty similar outcomes.

Sure, I'd they get the dosing authorised in a manner that gets it up to 90% then of course that's a whole different ball game.

These are good questions.

We haven't seen all the results and data. Maybe more now. 

The general message has been no one got severe infection in any of the vaccine trials. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

How are you planning to get Covid?

You asked if you should get it? 

Doing anything with an alcoholic drink I’d imagine would be the easiest option. 

31 minutes ago, Costanza said:

We've had Asda deliveries for months. Generally not too many swaps (certainly nothing like Sainsbury's who gave us a bunch of bananas instead of a pack of first class stamps once) and an entertaining game (not child labour) for our toddler to help put away.

That's totally stamps!

Fxxx the SPFL

Daughter works at NHS Hospital up here and has a colleague who is working at Guys Hospital and in 48 hours the number of Covid ITU patients jumped from 33 to 70 and seemingly London is running low on Oxygen.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

These are good questions.

We haven't seen all the results and data. Maybe more now. 

The general message has been no one got severe infection in any of the vaccine trials. 

Yes, apologies, that's my mistake.

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Daughter works at NHS Hospital up here and has a colleague who is working at Guys Hospital and in 48 hours the number of Covid ITU patients jumped from 33 to 70 and seemingly London is running low on Oxygen.

Was reading earlier that ICUs generally are at near capacity, but not with 'true 'ICU' patients.  Overspill from other bed shortages, moving folk in for better care to shorten stays and so on.

Problem now is that hospitals in L&SE are at c.70% capacity with absolute ICU Covid need to be there.

It's worrying and can't just be ignored on an otherwise better news day.

Edited by DETTY29

Neil Dongcaster
33 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It is that correlation is not causation. It wasn't shown there was increased incidence of death for non-placebo vaccine trial participants, which is actually what matters.

And this is again speculation. You are continuing to apply double standards. Just be consistent.

It’s all speculation. There isn’t enough concrete data either way which is an issue.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Scottish cringe is such a bizarre thing to behold.

Nothing I said was untrue. I'll tel you what is cringe though is banging on about a referendum you lost demanding it again and defacing saltires with the "Yes" slogan 

15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Some comparisons and what is needed for Oxford effectiveness.

Screenshot_20201230-131219_BBC News.jpg

Seems they have abandoned the half dose option. Going for 2 full doses. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Are you thick. Too much bleach has meltit yer grey matter. 

Anyway, I thought iyo, covid isn't dangerous or even real. So why would you give a feck if it was ranmmed full when you go. Just go in with your masketeers and hug each other. 👍 I'm in tesco the noo, and it's full of Saltires and Lion Rampants. So you onionists can go to sainsbury, or Asda. 

Oh away with talking codswallop ! Never have I said covid wasn’t dangerous or real . I have been more critical of the responses of the BG and SG to it . I think all your boozing may have impacted on your grey matter ! And one can be an Independence supporter but still be critical of the SNP you know ? Or maybe you didn’t know that and just follow blindly without question their policies ? It sees so.  Seriously makes me laugh when you think I’m a unionist when it’s the last thing I am . I recall when I was first friends with a mate a few years back and we were watching England play a team at football . The friend stood up when “ Queen save the Queen “ was being played . I thought he was taking the piss ! That’s his far removed I am from unionism . However Indy supporters with yout narrow minded devotion and adulation to Sturgeon are testing my patience and making me think what a place an Independent  Scotland might be if it happened ( it won’t though ) 

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

clap, snigger ,chortle and laugh out loud 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic