Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Kay Burley is a nasty piece of work. No attempt to get real answers, just to make whoever it is she’s talking to look stupid. Sometimes that’s justified, others it’s just cringeworthy.

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

correct - the odd time she’s ‘successful’ she then gets all hyper like a child

I thought her main job was to get information on behalf of the public - her ridiculous style/method greatly reduces the chance of that happening - the more experienced interviewees know exactly what’s going on and just blank her with generic (non) answers

the person who interviewed leitch was excellent in comparison as mentioned by a few folk on here - got real info from real persistent questioning

Of that there can be no doubts.

Her main job nowadays is to pretend shes a serious and relevant journalist, which she isn't imo.

Oh, and who gives a flying feck if her show is 'the only breakfast show from the heart of Westminster', I most certainly don't.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can still repeat the important messages - just as Nicola & Jason are doing.

Unless you have the data that Jason and Swinney weren't willing to give out in tv interviews noone's interested in your nonsense.

31 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Some folk never recover from cancer, heart disease or any other life threatening illnesses. Where do the infected/death rates on those compare with covid? Im not saying that covid isn't real and extremely nasty, possibly life threatening for some people. However the percentages would appear extremely small in comparison to the more established diseases I mentioned and we have never shut down ecomies and seriously threatened peoples mental health and livelihoods for them.  Its about time some proper facts and figures were published on where Covid is in comparison to other diseases and I don't mean Jason Leitch's FACTS....I would like to see some hard hitting numbers for comparison. 

Jason Leitch has some cheek going on about a FACTS scheme when he or others can't provide the facts for why they are taking these restrictions.

28 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Some folk never recover from cancer, heart disease or any other life threatening illnesses. Where do the infected/death rates on those compare with covid? Im not saying that covid isn't real and extremely nasty, possibly life threatening for some people. However the percentages would appear extremely small in comparison to the more established diseases I mentioned and we have never shut down ecomies and seriously threatened peoples mental health and livelihoods for them.  Its about time some proper facts and figures were published on where Covid is in comparison to other diseases and I don't mean Jason Leitch's FACTS....I would like to see some hard hitting numbers for comparison. 

It's not that hard to find , if you try -

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3001

Seriously, what a weird attitude. Instead of sounding off, do some basic research. 

What you really mean is, you're one of those who aren't convinced that Covid is really that big a deal & until someone puts out data (hard hitting ? - whatever that is) that satisfies you, that's the way it'll stay. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Indeed. I hope Ms Sturgeon doesn't die in such in a lonely, painful, fearful manner separated from her loved ones, should she have any.

She needs all the soap in Scotland to wash the blood off her scarlet-stained hands.

Does that apply to all the leaders

in UK ? 

Or is it just because you hate the SNP. 

Either way it's a grossly exaggerated and offensive statement. 

486 tested positive yesterday, our highest ever daily rate.

Seems obvious to me that face coverings are doing nothing to prevent the spread and the rules should be dropped asap.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Seems obvious to me that face coverings are doing nothing to prevent the spread and the rules should be dropped asap.

The virus also spreads via surfaces, wouldn't be surprised if next it will be gloves in public to avoid you touching infected surfaces :lol: 

Facemask rules brought in 4 months after lockdown was a crazy decision.

Plus the amount of people that don't even use them properly is unreal. From upside down to stuffed back in their pockets after use 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Heartsmad1874

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not true

1A9FD8C3-D5A4-47C2-A563-372B6CE141DA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Stars regarding transmission rates in England no wonder Leitch was quiet last night 

05B562B2-8D5E-4BE0-9054-C1CD9A7D5C16.jpeg

What’s that got to do with Scotland?

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The virus also spreads via surfaces, wouldn't be surprised if next it will be gloves in public to avoid you touching infected surfaces :lol: 

Nothing wrong with wearing gloves either 

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The Scottish Government were telling people to wear face masks 1 month after lockdown.

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not true

1A9FD8C3-D5A4-47C2-A563-372B6CE141DA.jpeg

That's nothing to do with masks, it's about pissing on people.

In your world though if you piss your pants how long before your leg gets infected?

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Plus the amount of people that don't even use them properly is unreal. From upside down to stuffed back in their pockets after use 🤦🏻‍♂️

giphy.gif

(I do that) 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s that got to do with Scotland?

I'd imagine the stats for Scotland wouldn't differ that much as the make up of the two countries is very similar. 

6 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Stars regarding transmission rates in England no wonder Leitch was quiet last night 

Which are the figures that the London businessman - owner of 5 bars  - was quoting, live on TV, yesterday.  Will be much the same for Scotland which is why Leitch and Sturgeon were squirming today, trying to pretend they couldn't give a figure for hospitality infections. 

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I would have thought pubs were food, but possibly not. 

Either way it's a very low percentage to be putting extra restrictions on them.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Which are the figures that the London businessman - owner of 5 bars  - was quoting, live on TV, yesterday.  Will be much the same for Scotland which is why Leitch and Sturgeon were squirming today, trying to pretend they couldn't give a figure for hospitality infections. 

Don’t make presumptions 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t make presumptions 

I think if anything it will be slightly lower in Scotland as we already have table service only and masks when not seated

In England you could still order at the bar until the new rules came into place. I think it"s a safe presumption to make

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. There's some tough conversations to come as the actual venues of most likely transmission are places they don't want to countenance dealing with. 

So the whole population will be put under increasingly draconian measures to avoid actually tackling the problem. 

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Indeed but no idea how ‘authentic’.

Whilst if true, glad the lessons around care home setting have been learned.

Agree about the authenticity, no separate section for household transmission.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip. There's some tough conversations to come as the actual venues of most likely transmission are places they don't want to countenance dealing with. 

So the whole population will be put under increasingly draconian measures to avoid actually tackling the problem. 

Yes, exactly. I might be wrong but I get the impression that, like football and holidays, NS sees pubs & restaurants as a place where people can relax and enjoy themselves....well, maybe the football part is debatable 😂.... whereas she would be happier if everyone was spending time at home worrying about Covid. Jason Leitch suggesting that he would be happier if uni students stayed in their accomodation, socially distanced, and "shut the door behind you" is completely unrealistic. Surely it's better if they are in a controlled,  safe, hospitality venue

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, exactly. I might be wrong but I get the impression that, like football and holidays, NS sees pubs & restaurants as a place where people can relax and enjoy themselves....well, maybe the football part is debatable 😂.... whereas she would be happier if everyone was spending time at home worrying about Covid. Jason Leitch suggesting that he would be happier if uni students stayed in their accomodation, socially distanced, and "shut the door behind you" is completely unrealistic. Surely it's better if they are in a controlled,  safe, hospitality venue

If those stats are correct then, since Universities are only restarting in September it looks like we will be in full lockdown in a couple of weeks after freshers week.

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I wonder what Jacinda thinks when she looks at that. Worst recession since 1987 at her own admission. I suppose if she hadn't been so tough...

She has no regrets apparently. Cretin of a woman. Arrogant and self righteous. 

42 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

Yep seems about right. No wonder Leitch and Sturgeon don’t want to tell us the figures 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

She has no regrets apparently. Cretin of a woman. Arrogant and self righteous. 

:rofl:

The usual pish from you.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yes

but this is more serious as there is no vaccine 

I don't believe you do. I seriously doubt you've ever self isolated before this, worn masks or done any of the things you are currently doing. I do believe however, that you have been a victim of the government brought in to make sure people got really scared back in March. 

2 minutes ago, Robbofan99 said:

I take it you can't count as well as being one annoying **** ? 

Jonesy .  Sorry the above message was for Jambo 4 Ever NOT u 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We can be safe in the knowledge that students are to blame though. 

Yet if they all go to a bar and leave at 2200 they can all leave together and possibly go to someones house to carry on drinking.

Maybe it's the plan to just keep blaming the pesky youths for Covid rather than accepting accountability for their own failings.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Robbofan99 said:

Jonesy .  Sorry the above message was for Jambo 4 Ever NOT u 

You’re getting yourself in some state take a few days off.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

6178 new positive cases in the UK

37 deaths

It would be interesting to know when the deaths were originally infected. 

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We can be safe in the knowledge that students are to blame though. 

When there's outbreaks in Glasgow, Aberdeen and abertay and Edinburgh are having to threaten students with being booted off their courses, then yes, they are clearly not following the rules.

All this BEFORE term has even started. 

Good job 👍

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If those stats are correct then, since Universities are only restarting in September it looks like we will be in full lockdown in a couple of weeks after freshers week.

I don't know if they're correct but I've heard them referred to on live TV and now in that pie chart. I don't know how care homes can account for 45% though. Maybe the staff bringing it in ??  Surely we can instigate a regular testing regime in every care home.

You're right though, university freshers week will be a worry too

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It would be interesting to know when the deaths were originally infected. 

The English method is death within 28 days of a positive result

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The English method is death within 28 days of a positive result

That doesn't make sense. What if they've been in ICU for two months?

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Whoaaaaah 

That was a disgraceful interview on the bbc scotland 9 show last night,  Rebecca Curran was rude and aggressive to professor Jason leitch it's not his fault the virus is spreading around the country .

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't know if they're correct but I've heard them referred to on live TV and now in that pie chart. I don't know how care homes can account for 45% though. Maybe the staff bringing it in ??  Surely we can instigate a regular testing regime in every care home.

You're right though, university freshers week will be a worry too

They need a very good testing regime for care home staff/residents rather than it taking several days to get results. Sure i heard in the news last week tests were coming back as inconclusive as they'd waited so long to do the test in the labs that the cells had decreased. The whole carehome episode has been a proper shambles from both the SNP and Westminster.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

By institution. Is Households an institution? I doubt it. Therefore the chart means very little without knowing how many cases it accounts for.

1 hour ago, Robbofan99 said:

What's the source for that? Not disputing it as it largely goes along with what I'd expect but I'd like to know it's accuracy before taking it as gospel.

Yet he is the national clinical director so should be able to answer a simple question of whats the evidence behind these restrictions??

People have every right to be pissed off with someone in government unable to provide simple answers he should have readily available, especially when we are having to restrict our daily lifes.

Care home outbreaks I imagine would be over represented. As unfortunately the symptoms will get life threatening quickly.

I'd imagine education and work place true percentage would be higher but in some cases have slipped past unnoticed and unreported.

The graph is probably shooting up right now due to more testing... more tests = more cases. I think with this virus accurate numbers and comparisons are very difficult.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic