Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Precisely. A minor neighbour dispute as I said. Before  you know it the more scummy neighbours are flinging dug shite over your fence, then letting your tyres down, then brake fluid, then petrol through the letter box and it all started with minor breaches of the Covid restrictions.

I was more taking issue with the use of the word ‘grass’ commonly used by low lifes who do stuff they don’t want to be grassed for.

Agree re the use of the word “grass”. Usually used by knuckle-draggers when they’re caught breaking the law.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scottish numbers: 3 November 2021

Summary

• 3,495* new cases of COVID-19 reported [no deltas due to yesterday's data issue]
  • 49,462* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [ditto]
    • 7.5*% of these were positive [ditto]
  • 20 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-6]
  • 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 935 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+3]
  • 4,321,770 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,911,823 have received their second dose [+1,400; +1,570]

* The backlog of NHS Scotland Pillar 1 lab test results that Public Health Scotland were unable to report yesterday (2 November) due to an issue affecting data flow on the afternoon of 1 November, are included in today’s newly reported figures.

Today's trend stats:

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     1 Nov 31 Oct 30 Oct 29 Oct 28 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     16 17 -1   16 16 16 16 15 ... 19

All Vaccinations     3300 3365 -65   3345 3836 4017 4198 4204 ... 6572
1st Dose     1490 1491 -1   1487 1717 1917 2071 2168 ... 3705
2nd Dose     1810 1874 -64   1858 2119 2100 2127 2036 ... 2867

All in hospital     927 926 +1   924 920 914 918 910 ... 1009
Non-ICU     864 864 0   862 860 855 859 851 ... 935
ICU     63 62 +1   62 60 59 59 59 ... 74

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Today's trend stats:

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     1 Nov 31 Oct 30 Oct 29 Oct 28 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     16 17 -1   16 16 16 16 15 ... 19

All Vaccinations     3300 3365 -65   3345 3836 4017 4198 4204 ... 6572
1st Dose     1490 1491 -1   1487 1717 1917 2071 2168 ... 3705
2nd Dose     1810 1874 -64   1858 2119 2100 2127 2036 ... 2867

All in hospital     927 926 +1   924 920 914 918 910 ... 1009
Non-ICU     864 864 0   862 860 855 859 851 ... 935
ICU     63 62 +1   62 60 59 59 59 ... 74

👍🍺

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Don't think it's particularly Scottish, James. However, I agree that using the term low life, if not in jest, is a bit off, especially from a poster of JC's hitherto exemplary displays of eloquence, reason and knowledge. Perhaps a bad experience in a neighbourly dispute has caused this response, in which case I'm sorry for the trigger, @JimmyCant.

Nah I just think the word ‘grass’ has more appropriate use in the criminal underworld or in prison. Folk calling the authorities for minor breaches of the rules ? Not something I’d be interested in doing unless it impacts me directly but those who chose to do it are not the ones in the wrong IMO.

I maintain very civil relationships with my neighbours on a live and let live basis but any of them throwing shite into my property are asking for a covert nighttime response 

Nucky Thompson

What's happening with Russia? 

They have roughly the same infection rates as the UK, but the deaths are off the scale.

Does the sputnik vaccine not work as well as they had hoped?

She must have a book to plug ? In actual fact she does ! Chief mammy nappy wearer strikes again . Never rains but it pours as far as she is concerned . Must be a right laugh on a night out 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/huge-cop26-queues-really-concerning-22051261?fbclid=IwAR0vjSzl180_5ygNqhH0-Od5UxqlCUIuKPLHyRBDf6c9PEzZK7FxiEd_OLY

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Devi's comments were imo balanced and a constructive plea for people to work together to "have a much better winter in terms of keeping businesses open, keeping people in jobs but also making sure hospitals don't collapse...".

Short term Pain for long term gain ? 😂

WTF does she think people have been doing for the past 18 months ? 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Where are you reading this - she doesn't say that in the article being discussed. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They have roughly the same infection rates as the UK, but the deaths are off the scale.

i'm sure somewhere like chile were one of the highest vaccinated rate countries early on and they used the sputnik one. then it turnwed out that it was only something like 40-50% effective. or at least around those numbers 

42 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not sure what your point is,  or even if there is a point.  It's a principle that applied throughout and is still applicable now.  Nothing has changed to alter that basic principle.

The undercurrent of some of what Van-Tam said today seems to hint at a fairly confident belief that the post-winter stage will be much better,  more stable and sustainable.  That's not even the long term gain,  it's more medium term.

Plenty of people are still up for a sensible and cautious short term and it doesn't even involve any pain.

Remember the winter we were facing last year?  That was miserable.  We're a million miles away from having that again this year.  I'm mystified about the phobia of a bit more stoicism and patience.  No lockdown coming.  Football grounds open.  Pubs open.  Overseas travel permitted.  People doing more or less what they want.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

admin delete

That's  a pathetic and bigoted comment.  Ascribing certain qualities to a certain group of peoples.  Usually negative qualities.  And you speak as the shining light of a New Scotland....an Independent  " inclusive " Scotland and yet your a bigot .   Ill call you out. Its not your first time saying this or making allusions to similar things due to my sexual orientation. Unacceptable and offensive. 

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Devi's comments were imo balanced and a constructive plea for people to work together to "have a much better winter in terms of keeping businesses open, keeping people in jobs but also making sure hospitals don't collapse...".

It was more than the only time we seem to hear from her is regarding doom laden predictions.  I hardly ever hear or read of her being positive about things.  

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Low vaccination rates are to blame for much of it, seemingly.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-europe-pandemics-moscow-b844be49c2811a454440d4e84d5e5338

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

She must have a book to plug ? In actual fact she does ! Chief mammy nappy wearer strikes again . Never rains but it pours as far as she is concerned . Must be a right laugh on a night out 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/huge-cop26-queues-really-concerning-22051261?fbclid=IwAR0vjSzl180_5ygNqhH0-Od5UxqlCUIuKPLHyRBDf6c9PEzZK7FxiEd_OLY

Can you provide even one quote from that article that backs up your claim that she has “struck again” as a pant wetter?

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Cheers. I didn't realise that their vaccination uptake was so low.

Edited by Nucky Thompson

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

The JKB Shed is like the criminal underworld, only with fewer boundaries and less respect ;) 

Since you don't grass your neighbours up, I hope you never need to put your 'covert nighttime response' plan into action :) 

Mutual respect is a beautiful thing Jonesy. To be earned then valued and cherished. If you find it anywhere, even in small amounts, keep a hold of it. 

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i'm sure somewhere like chile were one of the highest vaccinated rate countries early on and they used the sputnik one. then it turnwed out that it was only something like 40-50% effective. or at least around those numbers 

I think it was highly efficacious - well into the 90% if I recall. Same method as the AZ vaccine, an adenovirus vector.  

Surprising that uptake is low in Russia - quite an authoritative government from outside perception I thought. 

Nucky Thompson

42,000 people in Scotland have reported problems with their vaccine passports, leaving them unable to enter certain venues.

That's a bit shit if you've done the right thing by getting the vaccine and are still being refused entry.

Dennis Denuto
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

42,000 people in Scotland have reported problems with their vaccine passports, leaving them unable to enter certain venues.

That's a bit shit if you've done the right thing by getting the vaccine and are still being refused entry.

That is pretty crap if it is since the legal requirement date after the first two weeks of grace period.

I wonder how many of those cases have been or can be resolved as well?? It would be even worse if they were affected longterm going on or planning holidays etc.

HPV vaccine reducing cervical cancer rates by nearly 90%.

As a parent I’m glad I trusted medical experts rather than Facebook to decide whether my daughter got this 🙂

16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

As a parent I’m glad I trusted medical experts rather than Facebook to decide whether my daughter got this 🙂

The issue some have with the  CV vaccine is due to it being used within  a year.    Unlike the HPV vaccine  see below ;  

More than 12 years of monitoring and research have accumulated reassuring evidence that human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination provides safe, effective, and long-lasting protection against cancers caused by HPV infections.

HPV Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness Data | CDC

21 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

It annoys me that this vaccine isn't available on the NHS to everyone irrespective of age and sexual orientation

54 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah i was surprised I got asked for mine on Saturday night before heading into a pub which stated you didn't need it as its only opened till 1 am.   They guy apologised but said they had to do random checks . Again it didn't make sense. Anyway he put the scanner over the code and it either ticks yes or no . He didn't ask for my two companions passports . Bizarre. 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah i was surprised I got asked for mine on Saturday night before heading into a pub which stated you didn't need it as its only opened till 1 am.   They guy apologised but said they had to do random checks . Again it didn't make sense. Anyway he put the scanner over the code and it either ticks yes or no . He didn't ask for my two companions passports . Bizarre. 

32 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

It annoys me that this vaccine isn't available on the NHS to everyone irrespective of age and sexual orientation

I assume that they consider gay men over 45 dont have sex anymore....over the hill or something ?  

"MSM up to and including the age of 45 are eligible for free HPV vaccination on the NHS when they visit sexual health or HIV clinics" 

image-23-10-21-06-58-11.gif

41 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I should have made it clear in the posting that the venue has specifically promoted itself as a NON vaccine passport place. Hence my surprise at being asked.  Not a " random" check place or the like but a " Non passport" place. 

Putting a system in place is entirely legitimate but leaving so many compliant people restricted in what they can do is arseholery of the unforgivable kind.  It might not seem much but it certainly will be to each individual person.  

A couple of MSPs have reported that their vaccine records had the same issue and by a remarkable twist of fate,  both have had their cases resolved already.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If true then that’s really, really poor stuff. I’d be royally pissed off if I had tickets for an important event but couldn’t attend due to a fault that was nothing of my doing.

Another day, another data issue. 🙃 This time the vaccination data.

Scottish numbers: 4 November 2021

Summary

• 2,823 new cases of COVID-19 reported [no delta due to yesterday's data issue]
  • 43,649 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results [ditto]
    • 7.2% of these were positive [ditto]
  • 33 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+13]
  • 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [=]
  • 896 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-39]
  • 4,321,770* people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,911,823* have received their second dose

*Vaccination data for today is not yet available. We will update it as soon as possible.

22 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I thought I read somewhere that the Russians hacked AZ to create their own vaacine based on AZ's

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I assume that they consider gay men over 45 dont have sex anymore....over the hill or something ?  

"MSM up to and including the age of 45 are eligible for free HPV vaccination on the NHS when they visit sexual health or HIV clinics" 

image-23-10-21-06-58-11.gif

Strange one. Especially considering I just got a boob job on the NHS

Due to the data issues, these are the only 7-day stats that I can produce with confidence. It will still be a few days before I can produce valid 7-day stats for the overall cases and the council areas.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     2 Nov 1 Nov 31 Oct 30 Oct 29 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     18 16 +2   17 16 16 16 16 ... 19

All in hospital     923 927 -4   926 924 920 914 918 ... 1009
Non-ICU     859 864 -5   864 862 860 855 859 ... 935
ICU     64 63 +1   62 62 60 59 59 ... 74
Edited by redjambo

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Due to the data issues, these are the only 7-day stats that I can produce with confidence. It will still be a few days before I can produce valid 7-day stats for the overall cases and the council areas.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     2 Nov 1 Nov 31 Oct 30 Oct 29 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     18 16 +2   17 16 16 16 16 ... 19

All in hospital     923 927 -4   926 924 920 914 918 ... 1009
Non-ICU     859 864 -5   864 862 860 855 859 ... 935
ICU     64 63 +1   62 62 60 59 59 ... 74

👍

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Putting a system in place is entirely legitimate but leaving so many compliant people restricted in what they can do is arseholery of the unforgivable kind.  It might not seem much but it certainly will be to each individual person.  

A couple of MSPs have reported that their vaccine records had the same issue and by a remarkable twist of fate,  both have had their cases resolved already.

There's a lot of incompetence going around when it comes to systems design, implementation and management these days, imo. Some might say we're moving slowly towards the future as revealed in the futuristic documentary Idiocracy. ;)

15 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Strange one. Especially considering I just got a boob job on the NHS

??????! 😂😂😂😎

8D2E7882-2591-4783-959D-A275B2EDF521.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There's a lot of incompetence going around when it comes to systems design, implementation and management these days, imo. Some might say we're moving slowly towards the future as revealed in the futuristic documentary Idiocracy. ;)

I agree about the incompetency. 

Still waiting on my

blue envelope for the booster. 

Meanwhile. 🍺

38 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree about the incompetency. 

Still waiting on my

blue envelope for the booster. 

Meanwhile. 🍺

:D If anything, recent events have shown us that we should grab our pleasures and moments while we can, in liquid form or otherwise.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D If anything, recent events have shown us that we should grab our pleasures and moments while we can, in liquid form or otherwise.

:10900:

scott herbertson
35 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As long as you leave my pleasures alone, I'm fine with that 🙂

Looking at the numbers seems to be quite good news on the positivity rate, if nothing else.

scott herbertson

4 November 2021

Summary

• 2,823 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 43,649 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 7.2% of these were positive
  • 33 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 896 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 4,318,790* people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,911,105* have received their second dose

(vaccination data now updated)

Malinga the Swinga

See they have approved new pill for Covid treatment that helps those who have caught it avoid hospital/death.

No doubt those who are in hospital after refusing vaccine won't want this either as it is new and could be part of 'great reset'.

Science will find way to break this virus eventually.

Footballfirst

The vaccination data is out of kilter as the SG is now reporting the combined Boosters/3rd Doses (as in England). It has also provided a breakdown by age for the first time.

However, it seems that a few boosters/3rd doses had previously been included in the 1st 2nd dose numbers. This has resulted in the 1st/2nd dose cumulative figures being lower than yesterday.

The breakdown of booster doses by age group is helpful for the stats geeks.

50-54 10.2%
55-59 11.5%
60-64 13.6%
65-69 25.4%
70-74 65.7%
75-79 74.6%
80+ 70.8%

SuperstarSteve
9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

See they have approved new pill for Covid treatment that helps those who have caught it avoid hospital/death.

No doubt those who are in hospital after refusing vaccine won't want this either as it is new and could be part of 'great reset'.

Science will find way to break this virus eventually.

On the flip side there will be some that have taken the vaccine already and are in hospital nearing death who also decline this new pill, as the vaccine was suppose to stop them going into hospital, so if the vaccine didn’t work, why would the pill be any different? 

There’s gonna be both vaccinated and unvaccinated declining this pill for many reasons. 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

On the flip side there will be some that have taken the vaccine already and are in hospital nearing death who also decline this new pill, as the vaccine was suppose to stop them going into hospital, so if the vaccine didn’t work, why would the pill be any different? 

There’s gonna be both vaccinated and unvaccinated declining this pill for many reasons. 

It was never claimed the vaccine was 100% in stopping hospitalisations and death. 

90% was the rough figure, so 50m people vaccinated still means 500,000 might end up in hospital and some might die.

Look at Russia, it has a lower vaccination uptake and they are getting 1400 deaths a day.

Hey, but the vaccines don't work :conspiracy:

25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The vaccination data is out of kilter as the SG is now reporting the combined Boosters/3rd Doses (as in England). It has also provided a breakdown by age for the first time.

However, it seems that a few boosters/3rd doses had previously been included in the 1st 2nd dose numbers. This has resulted in the 1st/2nd dose cumulative figures being lower than yesterday.

The breakdown of booster doses by age group is helpful for the stats geeks.

50-54 10.2%
55-59 11.5%
60-64 13.6%
65-69 25.4%
70-74 65.7%
75-79 74.6%
80+ 70.8%

:D How on earth could they feck the vaccination data up in that way?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic