Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Looks who's talking 

Fair enough.  Just carry on being a pain in the arse to others and blubbing like a baby when it's the other way around.  Don't be surprised if more people get sick of your emotional immaturity.  👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Fair enough.  Just carry on being a pain in the arse to others and blubbing like a baby when it's the other way around.  Don't be surprised if more people get sick of your emotional immaturity.  👍

I am  not " blubbering like a baby"  that's your perception  that i am. I'm totally fine. I just felt that his posting yesterday breached an unwritten etiquette. It was extremely cutting and harsh. It wasn't acceptable.

It also doesn't help that him and i are on different sides of the argument about peoples right to choice medical interventions about their own bodies. I am not " emotionally immature "

I am able to express my emotions and that's healthy. If people perceive that as a weakness and get sick of it well  that's sad.  Male suicide is at an all time low, mainly due to men not talking about their feelings. Stating that " blubbering like a baby" isn't very helpful retort to help in this issue. 

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That's the ****ing frustration for me. Every year - the NHS is under pressure.

Well, government(s), do something about it then ffs. How did we actually plan to staff the Nightingale hospitals, if we can't cope with normal winter pressure?

Or hospital trust fund managers do something about it ffs. Is that not why many are on 200k per annum??

Going back to the matron/surgeon style of management would be a start.

Simply throwing money at the NHS is madness on stilts. It needs a root and branch shake up. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I am  not " blubbering like a baby"  that's your perception  that i am. I'm totally fine. I just felt that his posting yesterday breached an unwritten etiquette. It was extremely cutting and harsh. It wasn't acceptable.

It also doesn't help that him and i are on different sides of the argument about peoples right to choice medical interventions about their own bodies. I am not " emotionally immature "

I am able to express my emotions and that's healthy. If people perceive that as a weakness and get sick of it well  that's sad.  Male suicide is at an all time low, mainly due to men not talking about their feelings. Stating that " blubbering like a baby" isn't very helpful retort to help in this issue. 

Aye ok.  Just treat people better and be treated better.  It's not rocket science.  Give it a go.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You moan about other’s posts being “extremely cutting and harsh” yet have posted the below posts to others in the past two days. You’re the epitome of hypocrisy 😂

21 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Medication time? Are you rattled? 

Oh here he comes the Poundland version of the Poundland Jason Leitch with his usual pontificating and condescending comments . 

He opens his mooth and lets his belly rubble bud . Best ignored . 

On 25/10/2021 at 16:29, JamesM48 said:

I’ll debate anyway I want . Don’t like it don’t read it . 

On 25/10/2021 at 15:46, JamesM48 said:

Scared to go to an open air venue LOL  scared to go to a pub LOL... scared to live LOL.. 

On 25/10/2021 at 15:40, JamesM48 said:

I evolved !  You might evolve one of those days. Try. Youll feel much happier and less frightened. 

On 25/10/2021 at 15:31, JamesM48 said:

lol...your comedy gold for a miserable so and so . ILl give you that. I had a real chuckle on Saturday when me and my friends sashayed in Tynecastle as i thought that you would be raging.. Seriously it made me afternoon.  

On 25/10/2021 at 15:27, JamesM48 said:

LOL doom and gloom yet again from Frank Black...never rains but it pours it seems is his philosophy .

On 25/10/2021 at 15:27, JamesM48 said:

Like i said just stay in. Let the rest of us get on living. 

On 25/10/2021 at 14:50, JamesM48 said:

No you are . Your views are looney tunes , underlined  on shitting oneself , scared of the day you’ll never see . 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or hospital trust fund managers do something about it ffs. Is that not why many are on 200k per annum??

Going back to the matron/surgeon style of management would be a start.

Simply throwing money at the NHS is madness on stilts. It needs a root and branch shake up. 

A shake-up by the current government would be to invite in more of the US health insurers and private providers to run more services, without question. 

I would absolutely agree with ditching the screeds of unnecessary managers and layers of bureacracy, but I cannot see this goverment having any appetite to do so. 

I still wonder who was going to staff the Nightingale campuses and how that would be catered for and funded - there must have been a plan? If so, moving towards having additional seasonal staffing could surely be possible? Once we are post-covid, we need to make different decisions informed by many hard learned lessons. 

45 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That won't be purely down to Covid

I don’t think so but it’s adding to the pressure. 

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye ok.  Just treat people better and be treated better.  It's not rocket science.  Give it a go.

Yep. It’s not rocket science. Anyway, the point has been made and it needs to be left at that now otherwise the thread becomes about him rather than  the virus.

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yep. It’s not rocket science. Anyway, the point has been made and it needs to be left at that now otherwise the thread becomes about him rather than  the virus.

Nobody is claiming to be perfect and nobody is.  

Dennis Denuto
38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Wrong . I am against compulsory vaccinations or boosters.  I should have made that clear. However I have always been clear that people should have the choice to have the jabs or not. Irrespective of any arguments either way. 

Unfortunately if I point out your contradictory post you will get all drama queen about your mental health, but you have posted in support of non-vaccination and posted against those encouraging vaccination. (Although if it’s a poster you agree with about other stuff you’ll change that stance too). 

The only consistent thing about your posts on Covid is your total lack of a consistent point of view, not over time but from page to page. ( maybe also your complete lack of understanding of the subject as well)

8 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Unfortunately if I point out your contradictory post you will get all drama queen about your mental health

Is that kind of observation meant to endear people to your point of view/ opinion ? Disgusting really. 

26 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You moan about other’s posts being “extremely cutting and harsh” yet have posted the below posts to others in the past two days. You’re the epitome of hypocrisy 😂 

Those comments were in response to their comments. Like for like.  And please stop constantly re posting  some selective bit of  my posts. Its verging on bullying behaviours. 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is that kind of observation meant to endear people to your point of view/ opinion ? Disgusting really. 

No it’s not. I’m not debating with you as it’s a waist of time. It is just an observation, take it or leave it. 

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Lots of well-kent poachers on this thread, now strutting about wearing deerstalkers and tweed jackets. 

As my dad used to say " let him without sin caste the first stone"....quite a few seem to be looking in a mirror

The vaccine works. Take it if you're inclined, don't if you're not. Other than that, we should be putting this all behind us now imo. Stop worrying about what might happen and stop worrying what other people are or are not doing.

27 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

A shake-up by the current government would be to invite in more of the US health insurers and private providers to run more services, without question. 

I would absolutely agree with ditching the screeds of unnecessary managers and layers of bureacracy, but I cannot see this goverment having any appetite to do so. 

I still wonder who was going to staff the Nightingale campuses and how that would be catered for and funded - there must have been a plan? If so, moving towards having additional seasonal staffing could surely be possible? Once we are post-covid, we need to make different decisions informed by many hard learned lessons. 

👍

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Those comments were in response to their comments. Like for like.  And please stop constantly re posting  some selective bit of  my posts. Its verging on bullying behaviours. 

It’s not bullying to use your own words against you. 

It would do you good to read back and think how your posts have affected other posters mental health. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

No it’s not. I’m not debating with you as it’s a waist of time. It is just an observation, take it or leave it. 

re  read it. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The vaccine works. Take it if you're inclined, don't if you're not. Other than that, we should be putting this all behind us now imo. Stop worrying about what might happen and stop worrying what other people are or are not doing.

image-23-10-21-07-07-2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It’s really not that simple. It’s difficult not to give thought to what others are doing when it has a direct health impact on other individuals and society as a whole.

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Pressures on the NHS (Lothian) beginning to build now. More emails now for help 

Bank Staff Support on all Acute Sites

We are currently experiencing a high demand for registered and non registered nursing staff to support the opening of additional beds and increased activity within all acute sites.

We are asking you to consider taking a shift on any site to support and help ease the current pressures.

Please can you view shift availability through your EOL accounts, alternatively please contact the Staff Bank where a coordinator can help book a shift for you.

We will accept all shift durations from 4 hours to a full shift.

Your support over tonight and the next few days is pivotal and would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Catherine Crombie
General Manager,

NHS Borders requested help from the Army, got 21 members of the Armed Forces deployed to help.

https://www.itv.com/news/border/2021-10-20/military-personnel-start-work-at-nhs-borders-as-it-warns-of-long-waits

Don't be shocked if NHS Lothian also ask for help.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It’s not bullying to use your own words against you. 

It would do you good to read back and think how your posts have affected other posters mental health. 

Spot on. 👍🏻

Playing the bullying card :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Staff were to come from existing staff, thus already understaffed wards would then have become even more understaffed and even more dangerious than they often are already.  The only Nightingale hospitals which opened 'borrowed' staff from nearby hospitals, so that was the plan, to take staff away from surrounding hospitals to staff the nightingales.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

9 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s really not that simple. It’s difficult not to give thought to what others are doing when it has a direct health impact on other individuals and society as a whole.

Well, you stick with the worry beads...seems to be working so far 👍👍

The vaccine works...expecting any more than that free at the point of vaccination is just self-interest and greed imo.

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

👏👏

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Well, you stick with the worry beads...seems to be working so far 👍👍

The vaccine works...expecting any more than that free at the point of vaccination is just self-interest and greed imo.

I respect your opinion but disagree.

In the same way I’m glad I don’t have to worry about sitting inhaling second hand smoke due to others choices, I’m glad restrictions are also now placed on the unvaccinated.

If that makes me greedy and self-interested then so be it. 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Spot on. 👍🏻

Playing the bullying card :facepalm:

Behave 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Staff were to come from existing staff, thus already understaffed wards would then have become even more understaffed and even more dangerious than they often are already.  The only Nightingale hospitals which opened 'borrowed' staff from nearby hospitals, so that was the plan, to take staff away from surrounding hospitals to staff the nightingales.

I know it was an emergent situation which required novel solutions but just spreading NHS staff even thinner over more beds, that was the great big plan?

What a dumpster of a country this has become. We went from informing pandemic response across the globe to David Cameron selling off our massive PPE stocks to a private company that then stashed them in insecure warehouses, allowing rats and weather to ruin them. What was left needed the army to sort through as they didn't label it properly.

You could repeat that sorry tale - which if dig deep enough we would undoubtedly find some tory donator involved at some point - across all the important decisions. New PPE procurement being one of the most glaring examples...

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

In the same way I’m glad I don’t have to worry about sitting inhaling second hand smoke due to others choices, I’m glad restrictions are also now placed on the unvaccinated.

👍👍

Happy to respectfully disagree

I'm honest enough to admit that I'm driven by self interest too; there's 101 things I would prefer others do or not do, but I also recognise it's their agency and not mine to decide. 

Edited by Taffin

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Restrictions are maybe placed on the unvaccinated, but they are unworkable and not fit for purpose.

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Restrictions are maybe placed on the unvaccinated, but they are unworkable and not fit for purpose.

Seemed to meet their purpose at the weekend with hundreds refused entry to pubs and clubs.

I’m sure technical solutions will be found which make vaccine passports workable. Otherwise I doubt sensible, pragmatic countries like New Zealand would be bringing them in.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Seemed to meet their purpose at the weekend with hundreds refused entry to pubs and clubs.

I’m sure technical solutions will be found which make vaccine passports workable. Otherwise I doubt sensible, pragmatic countries like New Zealand would be bringing them in.

I'd bet that more unvaccinated got into clubs than were knocked back, you don't need passports for pubs

How many got knocked back from football stadia?

55 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In itself that's not a problem per se but the planners clearly misunderstood the level of staffing the Nightingales would need - ICU patients need 24/7 care by a team of nurses - because  they started with the mindset that Covd was just another form of flu (and I'm wondering if that was the planning assumption for any pandemic "planning") and went downhill from there. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'd bet that more unvaccinated got into clubs than were knocked back, you don't need passports for pubs

How many got knocked back from football stadia?

You're straying into the perfect solution fallacy here. No matter what they do some people will get around it. If it reduces the number of unvaccinated people that get in and persuades others to get vaccinated then it is serving its purpose.

Just now, Bindy Badgy said:

You're straying into the perfect solution fallacy here. No matter what they do some people will get around it. If it reduces the number of unvaccinated people that get in and persuades others to get vaccinated then it is serving its purpose.

Took the words out my mouth.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Is it worth all the extra cost to businesses and the abuse that staff will take?

It's debatable that it will persuade people to get vaccinated

9 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Took the words out my mouth.

Enough pussy footing about . Why  don’t we just build buildings , like holiday camps ,  for “ the unvaccinated” . Keep them all in the same place, Indefinitely. Ensure they are not allowed to leave either ? That’ll keep the covid infection rates down and have the added bonus of  not “overwhelming “ the NHS . 

Spoiler

It won’t . As vaccinated people can and do spread the virus too 

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is it worth all the extra cost to businesses and the abuse that staff will take?

The level of abuse will be a direct choice of those doing the abusing.

Increased vaccine uptake is only one reason for vaccine passports and it’s not the most compelling as far as I’m concerned.

15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I have no idea if it's worth the cost or if the money would be better spent elsewhere. That's a question for people with access to all of the data. 

I would be surprised if it doesn't persuade a some people to get vaccinated. However, I acknowledge that it'll probably be a small proportion of people.

54 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The South Sea King was Act-on-Your-Hunch.
The North Sea King was Act-in-a-Flash.
The King of the place between them was
No-Form.

Now the South Sea King
And North Sea King
Used to go together often
To the land of No-Form:
He treated them well.

So they consulted together
They thought up a good turn,
A pleasant surprise, for No-Form
In token of appreciation.

“Men,” they said, “have seven openings
For seeing, hearing, eating, breathing,
And so on. But No-Form
Has no openings. Let’s make him 
A few holes.”

So after that
They put holes in No-Form,
One a day, for seven days.
And when they finished the seventh opening,
Their friend lay dead.

"  the road to hell is paved with good intentions" 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Hands up here, I probably wouldn’t have bothered getting vaccinated if there hadn’t been the threat of being unable to attend/do certain things. 

Terribly selfish attitude. 😀

image-23-10-21-06-58-13.gif

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

To organise is to destroy, James.

:( 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As a sociopath, I appreciate your compliment. :) 

welcome to the club 

Ted-Bundy.jpg

Konrad von Carstein
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

"  the road to hell is paved with good intentions" 

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

To organise is to destroy, James.

18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Terribly selfish attitude. 😀

image-23-10-21-06-58-13.gif

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As a sociopath, I appreciate your compliment. :) 

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:( 

welcome to the club 

Ted-Bundy.jpg

Get a room ya pair o' ******s...

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Get a room ya pair o' ******s...

:lol:

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse on this ! 

A83991A9-40CD-4503-8B13-5A6A13A758FD.gif

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic